• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Hanmik

Street date broke in Denmark this friday/saturday.. allmost half of my friendlist allready have the game..

It must be a BIG blow for Activision and stores like Blockbuster and Gamestop in Denmark. It was two big retailers who broke the date, so Activision saw the need to to change the date, so that BB and GS could sell their stock.
BB and Gamestop had some pretty big Midninght shows and something like that planned for this game.. so I imagine they are pretty pissed..

T-0800

Launches in Australia in less than 5 hours. Toying with the idea of going to my first midnight launch as I just found out a friend is. I think I'll wait until tomorrow.

USF

Waiting for Newegg to ship my Hardened Edition. They still did not charge my card tho. Anyone knows when they usually charge & ship pre-orders?

alba

Little is the new Big
Getting an update on steam right now :O Looks like it's ~400mb or so. Can't find the changelog if there's any ;(

andylad_uk

Neo Member
Guys can anyone who works for a uk supermarket or game store confirm all uk launch copies have nuketown.

Or is it strictly preorders ? If I'm going to queue like an idiot at midnight id like the extra map for going the extra mile. I have looked and asked but you can't even get direct phone numbers to game and asda Etc anymore they are all general call centres .

Many thanks

The_Monk

Order Status: Dispatching Soon

Hmm, I hope I can get it by Friday. My delivery estimate says: 15 Nov 2012 - 20 Nov 2012

I want to get this before the weekend, fingers crossed.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I assume PC players are using KB&M for MP? Is it viable to use a controller in anything beyond the campaign / Zombies?

Probably not. Black Ops 1 did not have aim assist in multiplayer (correct decision) and using a pad to go up against MKB players was brutal. Sure you can find the occasional player who just flat out sucks, but in general it is painful.

Nabs

It looks like we have a lot of controller players this time around. I'm interested to hear what they think.

Hanmik

mayb it is related to this..?

http://www.noshitshurlock.com/black-ops-2-servers-live-and-ps3-texture-pack/

Also, Call of duty Black ops 2 for the Playstation 3 features a optional texture pack to improve the game on the Playstation 3, the texture pack is a 1.8GB pack that will improve the graphics of your game immensely, Black ops 2 will be the first call of duty to have a texture pack for any platform. If you’re a PC gamer, and wondering when you can start playing, the server status are on Defcon1 which means they’re offline it also says

Hammer24

Banned
Postman just surprise dropped the game here!
Soooo, what to do now - finish Halo first, or pop it in right away? Decisions, decisions...

What you see in these pictures is not texture related. The blur you see there is the PS3 version running at a lower resolution.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if it ran at lower resolution, wouldn't the jaggies be even more visible instead of being blurred. You can clearly see the exact same jagged edges, but they're blurred.

ohh didn´t want to bother with watching the pictures, way to mayne commercial links for me....

just watched a Nuketown PS3 clip aginst bots.. looks fine to me (in 720p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1nkYMmTgnc

It's going to look "fine" in a YouTube video. It just won't look fine in direct comparison screenshots and videos.

People shouldn't be expecting Tryarch to suddenly get their act together in regards to the PS3. There may be some improvements over BLOPS on PS3, but the 360 version ALWAYS has the edge for COD games.

Hate to be the guy to bring it up. Can anyone confirm if the improved the hit detection from Black Ops I? I remember that the game was almost unplayable during launch.

Hanmik

It's going to look "fine" in a YouTube video. It just won't look fine in direct comparison screenshots and videos.

People shouldn't be expecting Tryarch to suddenly get their act together in regards to the PS3. There may be some improvements over BLOPS on PS3, but the 360 version ALWAYS has the edge for COD games.

I don´t care if the X360 is twice as good as the PS3 version.. I only have a ps3, so I want my version to just play fine. Not the framerate mess that was Blops 1 on ps3..

Top Bottom