• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Nabs

Sweetness, thanks for the heads-up. Just went ahead and pulled the trigger. This is the first CoD I've actually purchased (MW3 was a gift), so I aim to get a lot more mileage out of it this time.

Nice! You always have an open invite to any of my lobbies.

Gorillaz

The netcode in BO was far better then the lag compensation present in MW3, that crap made me to stop playing.

I have to ask but did you play the game on PC? I even owned a server at one point. If I picked a server from the east coast, I would end up with 10-30 ping.

I can't speak for PC, but on consoles 3arc has never been that good with net code and hit detection. Infinity Ward has always outclassed them in that area.

How badly am I going to do using a gamepad on PC? I am using a TV atm and don't have a desk/monitor so using mouse and keyboard is hard. Also I suck using mouse and keyboard :lol

njean777

I can't speak for PC, but on consoles 3arc has never been that good with net code and hit detection. Infinity Ward has always outclassed them in that area.

Have you played MW3? You think that is good net code? you must have been high while playing it.

Jtrizzy

How badly am I going to do using a gamepad on PC? I am using a TV atm and don't have a desk/monitor so using mouse and keyboard is hard. Also I suck using mouse and keyboard :lol

Iirc cod games don't have controller support on pc. I'm thinking about getting this for PC, ps3, or wiiu but I haven't made up my mind. I'm terrible wih kb/m in fps games so I will probably go console unless the dx11 stuff is really all that.

Gorillaz

Have you played MW3? You think that is good net code? you must have been high while playing it.

When I stated IW i meant the older IW, the original one that actually made cod what it is today (before the MW2 exodus)

And yea I would say the MW engine, netcode and even hit detection was handled better then any 3arc on console.

Deadbeat

Banned
PC settings are different from consoles. snaps 30 instead of 20. Rate at 25000 instead of 5000. Thats not including the server itself being a center focused on hosting the game so it wont be bandwidth constrained like someone providing a listen experience. black ops on PC is fine.

Nabs

Iirc cod games don't have controller support on pc. I'm thinking about getting this for PC, ps3, or wiiu but I haven't made up my mind. I'm terrible wih kb/m in fps games so I will probably go console unless the dx11 stuff is really all that.

Blops 2 has controller support. You can also use Left Stick + Mouse if you want.

edit: No aim assist though.

Gorillaz

I could've swore Vonderhaar tweeted they won't reset it as well.

I just looked it up, vahn said he wouldn't but apparently he is doing a "race to prestige" thing

@davidvonderhaar I'll announce the start of #TheRace to Prestige Master tomorrow. Don't play on the profile you intend to compete with. + We know if you cheated. GG SCRUB CHEATER. DQ PERMA-BAN

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore

Seriously I doubt its going to be any different... dx11 isn't all that in itself and unless you built it up for its features you wont see any difference. My money is in extremely small differences... so small you wont even notice... Activision is not know for going overboard on the pc... you get the regular anti aliasing boost and high rez... doubt much more.

DX 11 is just media buzz... until they do to a new engine don't really expect anything fancy.

Jtrizzy

Blops 2 has controller support. You can also use Left Stick + Mouse if you want.

edit: No aim assist though.
Thanks for he info. Have there been any impressions of blops 2 with the wiiu tablet or pro controller? I'm not sure if the joystick placement is going to be very comfortable wih either.

Maddocks

seriously hyped to get my zombies on. everyone I know who is getting it is getting it at midnight so ill be on all night drinking dark liquor and playing zombies.

LiquidSnake's map impressions really bummed me out. I also love Blops, but hate MW3. Maps being too small are bad.

I'm glad for positive impressions from Maximillian, but I have a feeling that I'm not going to agree with him as much with what makes a great map. The first map he complained about was a place where people could "camp."

I think that complaint is way overused and instead it's misused to justify the horrid headless chicken, tactics-less gameplay of MW3.

We'll see, but please keep posting impressions of the maps, guys. That's all that matters to me right now.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
LiquidSnake's map impressions really bummed me out. I also love Blops, but hate MW3. Maps being too small are bad.

I'm glad for positive impressions from Maximillian, but I have a feeling that I'm not going to agree with him as much with what makes a great map. The first map he complained about was a place where people could "camp."

I think that complaint is way overused and instead it's misused to justify the horrid headless chicken, tactics-less gameplay of MW3.

We'll see, but please keep posting impressions of the maps, guys. That's all that matters to me right now.

you really should try it out for yourself, I've come to realize that everyone is different and has little quirks that they complain about.

demolitio

Indeed. First COD with dx11...color me interested lol

That's what I can't wait to see. I have a feeling it won't be too much but all I really care about at this point is performance after Black Ops. That game pissed my PC off and only got slightly better with patches, so I just hope they take the time to make a solid PC game this time and hearing that DX11 is in at least tells us that they put some effort into it which is good.

Top Bottom