• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

vilmer_

I recently bought this game digitally off the PSN, and for some reason when I start checking around in the barracks section this happens. I have to exit the game and restart it to fix it :/ Has this happened to anyone else?

ibzCDAVObEqB7t.bmp

This is a good post.

If you're going to include things like the FMG9s though (they were eventually fixed in a patch) then you need to include those ancient shotguns in MW2. And OMA tubing.

Yeah there are many others, i just named the ones that stuck out most for me really. I would even include Portable Radar from MW3 as well as the OP ACR and MP7.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The Wii U version isn't getting the patches right?

What were/are the best assault rifles and SMGs with silencers?

I'm a noob and I'm leveling the type 25 and vector right now.

There are no sharpshooter games on wii u :/

Ashtar

Does anyone play on PS3? I was trying to get online and allegedly people were playing but i couldn't get into a game of TDM or even domination so after 10 minutes I gave up.

The Wii U version isn't getting the patches right?

What were/are the best assault rifles and SMGs with silencers?

I'm a noob and I'm leveling the type 25 and vector right now.

There are no sharpshooter games on wii u :/

If the Wii U version has the same gun stats as the 360, then FAL is the best assault rifle with a silencer, since the gun has a lot of range and with a silencer, it's a 3 bullet kill anywhere and 2 up close.

Sub Machine Guns lose a lot of range with silencers equipped. All SMGs are a viable option, but the MSMC is probably the best one to use a suppressor with. Regardless, you'll still have to be in very close quarters to be getting kills with it.

LMGs are probably the best silencer guns because you can go full auto and they have the most range out of any other fully automatic guns.

I actively hate every single concept in that trailer.

I'll download it since I have the pass, but if it turns out to be trash I'm taking it off my console immediately!

I haven't downloaded any of the map packs aside from the one that was free last weekend (wasn't crazy about it).

Are any of them really worth it? And is this the first time they've brought back an old map (the Summit one)?

Tenumi

Banned
I haven't downloaded any of the map packs aside from the one that was free last weekend (wasn't crazy about it).

Are any of them really worth it? And is this the first time they've brought back an old map (the Summit one)?

No, Firing Range was brought back as Studio in the last pack.

Me? I'll probably get the pack. The only thing potentially holding me back is my eventual switch to PSN when the PS4 comes out.

No, Firing Range was brought back as Studio in the last pack.

Me? I'll probably get the pack. The only thing potentially holding me back is my eventual switch to PSN when the PS4 comes out.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Can you still camp in there with an LMG and Flak Jacket and basically be unstoppable?

Jrmint

So hard to take this game seriously.

lmg firing with 0 recoil.

would you guys recommend any of the map packs?
I think the first one was excellent.

Not a huge fan of the second. Firing Range is fun and all, but not when it's all people vote for. I'd love to play Vertigo and Encore anymore, people have such a hard-on for Firing Range though that those get voted down 95% of the time.

I'm worried the same thing is going to happen with the new Summit in this latest pack.

Anybody here heard of fps freeks? I got a pair like 2 weeks ago and I absolutely recommend them to anybody. I've been testing them on a second account and my accuracy jumped up %5 to %10 across the board using them, all while playing at higher sensitivities( that is before I started playing ground war where it's super laggy and sent some of my %'s down). I can even turn off auto aim and play pretty decent while using the fps freeks, plus quickscoping has actually become viable for me. for like $12 they're worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VLYIE8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Dont know where to share this story but its COD related..

Xbox live "trollers" trick 10 year old into thinking he joined the popular FaZe clan, make him cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzQepdQcxZ0

A youtuber reaches out and suprises the kid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=babuL0Nxc3A

Why do some people have to be so shitty? That response video is great though,glad the kid got actually play with the faze clan in the end. But man, It's weird to see how not only the CoD community has grown, but online gaming itself, we now have 10 year old kids looking up to CoD gamers, I'm a little taken aback by it, but I think it's kinda awesome too.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Look alright I guess, that bridge level depending on how big it is looks like a another Nuketown/Hijacked in the making though. I always hate when they talk about balance and using weapons in certain areas, because this has probably turned to be one of the worst CoDs in regards to weapon balance. If it isn't people running around quick-scoping everyone, it is SMGs annoyingly outgunning mostly everything out at any range sort of range on these iffy sized maps.

My friend had a message on XBL the other day, he was called something or other because he was "hard-scoping", using a sniper rifle as it was intended shouldn't have some name used to mock those that use it that way. Really encapsulates how broken this series has slowly gotten over the years.

Hey You

Anybody hear heard of fps freeks? I got a pair like 2 weeks ago and I absolutely recommend them to anybody. I've been testing them on a second account and my accuracy jumped up %5 to %10 across the board using them, all while playing at higher sensitivities( that is before I started playing ground war where it's super laggy and sent some of my %'s down). I can even turn off auto aim and play pretty decent while using the fps freeks, plus quickscoping has actually become viable for me. for like $12 they're worth it.
I wonder if I could still fit those on my controller, the pads on the joystiqs on my current controller fell off :/

I think starting with Ghosts I'll be getting COD games on PS4 instead of PC. Only 2500 people online on the PC version. Pretty much have to play TDM =\

Tenumi

Banned
My friend had a message on XBL the other day, he was called something or other because he was "hard-scoping", using a sniper rifle as it was intended shouldn't have some name used to mock those that use it that way. Really encapsulates how broken this series has slowly gotten over the years.

I wish one of the companies had the balls to completely get rid of quickscoping. Heck, why are sniper rifles in the game to begin with? Vast majority of the maps are too small for them to be useful. How realistic is it really to swing around a .50Cal rifle like that and get accurate shots? Not at all.

Rashid

Banned
I wish one of the companies had the balls to completely get rid of quickscoping. Heck, why are sniper rifles in the game to begin with? Vast majority of the maps are too small for them to be useful. How realistic is it really to swing around a .50Cal rifle like that and get accurate shots? Not at all.

Seriously I wish people would stop going down the realism route when criticising quickscoping. There's almost no realism in that game as it is, do you think people can really sprint up down maps with LMGs forever? And it's fun to quickscope and needs a certain level of skill in a series so devoid of any requirement of it.

Seriously I wish people would stop going down the realism route when criticising quickscoping. There's almost no realism in that game as it is, do you think people can really sprint up down maps with LMGs forever? And it's fun to quickscope and needs a certain level of skill in a series so devoid of any requirement of it.

t71wjn.gif

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

It isn't about realism, it is about balance, people running around with sniper rifles using them close range instead of any of the other weapons in incredibly annoying, it has the benefit of being long range 1 hit kill and a close range 1 hit kill. It started as a broken mechanic, a broken mechanic Treyarch at first tried to combat but then evidently gave up, and while not as prolific as it was in MW3 it is still pretty stupid.

Realism has levels in games, some you ignore for the sake of it being a game, others just throw any sort of immersion out the window. Realistically you wouldn't need to aim down the scope to kill someone with a sniper rifle close range, you wouldn't do it anyway, but holding it in someones general direction from a meter away and pulling the trigger is going to send that bullet through them regardless.

But 99% of developers don't want us to do this, why? because it isn't good balance to have a weapon that can do it, especially not to the degree people use it in CoD.

Rashid

Banned
It isn't about realism, it is about balance, people running around with sniper rifles using them close range instead of any of the other weapons in incredibly annoying, it has the benefit of being long range 1 hit kill and a close range 1 hit kill. It started as a broken mechanic, a broken mechanic Treyarch at first tried to combat but then evidently gave up, and while not as prolific as it was in MW3 it is still pretty stupid.

Realism has levels in games, some you ignore for the sake of it being a game, others just throw any sort of immersion out the window. Realistically you wouldn't need to aim down the scope to kill someone with a sniper rifle close range, you wouldn't do it anyway, but holding it in someones general direction from a meter away and pulling the trigger is going to send that bullet through them regardless.

But 99% of developers don't want us to do this, why? because it isn't good balance to have a weapon that can do it, especially not to the degree people use it in CoD.

Listen mate I've had hundreds of hours in all the CoDs and it isn't broken. There are barely any quickscopers who are good enough to break the game.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Listen mate I've had hundreds of hours in all the CoDs and it isn't broken. There are barely any quickscopers who are good enough to break the game.

Quickscoping is a broken mechanic, it isn't something that was intended to happen in the first place that was taken advantage of. Sure, some people aren't that great at it, they learn the basics but in most situations are killed quite easily, and I didn't say it breaks the game, but it isn't balanced at all which is my point and why people dislike it.

I don't mind agreeing to disagree, I just don't think it should be there and given the magical power to remove such a thing, would.

Top Bottom