• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

It's the ultimate crutch.

It really is. It's like the new heartbeat monitor for some people, except I think it's even more powerful in a lot of situations.

Yes, it limits your view substantially, but if you set up shop at the end of a corridor, it sure does make it easier to pick people off.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Target finders seems to be more popular the longer this game is out.
This is why I almost always run Cold Blooded. However, I will admit to being part of the problem since I usually use target finder myself. I try to avoid CQB and I just can't see people from far away without it. I didn't use it at all until fairly recently and now it's difficult to play without it.

This is why I almost always run Cold Blooded. However, I will admit to being part of the problem since I usually use target finder myself. I try to avoid CQB and I just can't see people from far away without it. I didn't use it at all until fairly recently and now it's difficult to play without it.

You don't really need Cold Blooded to go against TF. The main reason that it's good is because there is no idle sway when using the sight and the magnification level is pretty decent, especially without sway. You showing up as a red diamond really doesn't change anything.

snacknuts

we all knew her
You don't really need Cold Blooded to go against TF. The main reason that it's good is because there is no idle sway when using the sight and the magnification level is pretty decent, especially without sway. You showing up as a red diamond really doesn't change anything.

When a big part of my game is trying to stay hidden as much as possible, the red triangle messes up my strategy pretty significantly.

I'm having flashbacks to your downplaying the Assassin perk in MW3.

The diamond is a big deal because it instantly highlights the enemy for you. So if someone is just creeping into view, someone might not instantly react, but that big fucking diamond pops up instantly pointing it out for you.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having flashbacks to your downplaying the Assassin perk in MW3.

The diamond is a big deal because it instantly highlights the enemy for you. So if someone is just creeping into view, someone might not instantly react, but that big fucking diamond pops up instantly pointing it out for you.

Yeah my problem is when a full diamond shows up even when somebody has barely stepped into frame. I swear I've seen diamonds pop up before guys even turn corners before too.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Yeah my problem is when a full diamond shows up even when somebody has barely stepped into frame. I swear I've seen diamonds pop up before guys even turn corners before too.
If you use TF with any regularity you'll see little flickers of people on the other side of a structure all the time. I have also noticed that if you keep still, the crosshair will start to wiggle a bit when someone is close to being in view.

eek5

TF is like a full-time scorestreak. It's really that good. I was holding down a headglitch w/ TF+MK48 on Raid once and I got my death machine scorestreak. Switched to using the DM and came to the conclusion that the TF/48 is way better LOL

J10

Banned
I always had trouble seeing people if they were too still or too far away in previous games. Target Finder helps me greatly.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
This game creates a special type of frustration, in all my gaming years I don't think I've ever been quite as frustrated I get when playing this from stupid shit, I mean jesus, in one of these last games I got quick scoped through a wall, or how shitty the hitboxes are that the game can't seem to keep up with someone running around with just a knife. I am also entirely tired of target finders giving me away coming around a corner 3-4 seconds before I do.

I'd love for some of this to be sorted in the next one, but you just know it isn't going to be, and is likely to be worse.

Ensoul

This game creates a special type of frustration, in all my gaming years I don't think I've ever been quite as frustrated I get when playing this from stupid shit, I mean jesus, in one of these last games I got quick scoped through a wall, or how shitty the hitboxes are that the game can't seem to keep up with someone running around with just a knife. I am also entirely tired of target finders giving me away coming around a corner 3-4 seconds before I do.

I'd love for some of this to be sorted in the next one, but you just know it isn't going to be, and is likely to be worse.

Yeah somehow sniper rifles can go through 6 inches of concrete and kill. Does not happen that often but the few times it happens it makes me mental. They need to remove knifing in these games. Lost count how many times I hit guys 2 or 3 (and yes I know I am hitting them because the replay shows their screen turning red and I count two or three hits) and they power through the bullets and I get stabbed and killed.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
are they going to do something about the jumpshot to dropshot bs?

Nope, they didn't do anything about quick scoping and multiple other broken mechanics in these games, they aren't going to sort that out, lol. Thinking back to the Battlefield 2 days, I would be totally fine if they stopped us being able to fire while jumping and diving like they eventually did for BF2 until you hit the ground properly.

New Black Ops 2 patch released.

Feature Improvements
-- Added support for free-trial of Revolution DLC from 5/24-5/28.
-- Added support for Personalization Pack Community Voting.
-- Improved and expanded who can be the host of a game lobby.

Multiplayer Issues Addressed
-- Resolved an issue reported by the community where the reticle would sometimes disappear.
-- Addressed an issue reported by the community where the Peacekeeper would sometimes disappear after a host migration.
-- Addressed an issue reported by the community where the Scorestreak progress bar would not fill up.
-- Fixed an issue reported by the community where the ammo count for the Death Machine and War Machine would reset on round change.
-- Fixed the player’s character model shifting sideways slightly when the A10F Warthog makes a strafe run.
-- Addressed an issue with the Death Machine receiving the War Machine’s ammo.
-- C4 will no longer detonate when it touches the front of moving gondolas on Downhill.
-- Resolved a client freeze when the client continually scrolls Create-a-Class sets while the host of a party changes lobbies and brings the party with them.
-- Fixed an issue with sound and visual effects not working when a tactical insertion is destroyed by the sliding alien targets on Studio.
-- Addressed an issue with C4 not being destroyed by the sliding alien targets on Studio.
-- Resolved an issue with the player floating down slowly when re-spawning if their tactical insertion was placed on a ledge.
-- Fixed an issue with held Scorestreak weapons not reloading the current ammo upon death.

Game Balancing
Pistols:
-- KAP-40: Damage reduced.
-- B23R: Damage reduced.
-- B23R Dual Wield: Damage reduced.
-- B23R Dual Wield: Hip fire accuracy reduced.

Launchers:
-- FHJ-18: Movement speed increased.

Zombies Issues Addressed
Global:
-- Resolved an issue with the Grief Leaderboards not updating properly on the first match completed.

Mob of the Dead:
-- Addressed several Zombie pathing issues found by the community.
-- Addressed an issue that caused Zombies to pile up on the planted Zombie Shield.
-- Fixed an issue where players could get more Blundergats than intended.
-- Addressed an issue where you could fall out of the Gondola into unplayable areas.
-- Addressed an issue where players could mantle into unplayable areas in the Cell House.
-- Addressed an issue in Grief Mode where players could push each other onto the top of the map in the cell house.
-- Fixed an issue where players would not receive grenades after a round change.
-- Fixed an issue where afterlife doors would not show up if you hot joined a game.
-- Fixed several theater mode issues where the free roam camera could clip out of the world.
-- Fixed an issue where all players in a co-op game could hear the “click” of an empty Ray Gun.
-- Addressed an issue where players could revive themselves and fall under staircases.
-- Fixed an issue where the Hell’s Retriever effects would sometimes vanish.
-- Fixed an issue where Zombies would not attack players crouched in corners.
-- Fixed an issue where players could fall through the map after being revived in the Infirmary.
-- Fixed an issue where random Afterlife markers would show up for players after the first plane trip.

Der Rise:
-- Fixed an issue with Zombies getting stuck in the starting room on Die Rise.

more like the ops secondaries

You really think that?

WaW and Black Ops 1 pretty much just had pistols for secondaries, which is pretty much like not having a secondary at all. Black Ops 2 also only has pistols, but some were actually viable options in cqb, which they should be, but because they hate secondaries for some reason, they just patch them to make them worthless like the rest.

MW2 had many solid secondary options, such as the AA12, G18, PP2000, Raffica and several others. MW3 also had solid secondaries with the FMG9, Skorpion, MP9 and others as well.

You should have two guns for two different situations. Secondaries are typically great close quarter weapons to be used almost any time you enter a building. Now, this game continues to put the emphasis on SMGs. Running into a building without whipping out a solid secondary just feels awkward. In Black Ops 1, it was awful because all CQB would still be done with assault rifles. Having no viable secondary options just makes primaries way too strong. Secondaries are typically the stronger of the two weapons, but you are unarmed for most of ur gunfights if you have them out, because they are only good in CQB.

I've found the Tac 45 to be a pretty solid gun when I run out of ammo on my primary. Fast ROF, good damage, and great range for a pistol. It's probably better than a lot of the primary weapons.

Also, I've literally never seen someone get a high K/D using target finders or any of the other gimmicky gun attachments, so I think they're just crutches for poor players.

You really think that?

WaW and Black Ops 1 pretty much just had pistols for secondaries, which is pretty much like not having a secondary at all. Black Ops 2 also only has pistols, but some were actually viable options in cqb, which they should be, but because they hate secondaries for some reason, they just patch them to make them worthless like the rest.

MW2 had many solid secondary options, such as the AA12, G18, PP2000, Raffica and several others. MW3 also had solid secondaries with the FMG9, Skorpion, MP9 and others as well.

You should have two guns for two different situations. Secondaries are typically great close quarter weapons to be used almost any time you enter a building. Now, this game continues to put the emphasis on SMGs. Running into a building without whipping out a solid secondary just feels awkward. In Black Ops 1, it was awful because all CQB would still be done with assault rifles. Having no viable secondary options just makes primaries way too strong. Secondaries are typically the stronger of the two weapons, but you are unarmed for most of ur gunfights if you have them out, because they are only good in CQB.

MW2 had some many good secondaries to use and a lot of good primaries. I need to get a PS3 controller so I can play it again to see how it still stacks up.

Any PS3 owners have the new pack want share with me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Games i can share are:

Back To The Future
Ratchet and Clank QFB
Dead Nation
Mortal Kombat 2

Tenumi

Banned
Anyone vote on the new camo packs?

I did. Comic was my choice.

As for the B23R/Kap40 nerf, I'm all for it, since I've noticed so many people running those (especially duals) and they barely need to even fire to get enough shots on target to kill.

Deadbeat

Banned
WaW and Black Ops 1 pretty much just had pistols for secondaries, which is pretty much like not having a secondary at all.
You feel that secondaries should be able to compete against primaries, I feel they should not. A secondary should be a backup. Still potent enough to kill people you catch off guard but it should not be able to go toe to toe with a primary. Blops 2 has the option to take two primaries. You can have the powerful secondary, but it will cost you an extra point. The way it should be.

Id also take a perk that costs you two primaries, but whatever works.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Also, I've literally never seen someone get a high K/D using target finders or any of the other gimmicky gun attachments, so I think they're just crutches for poor players.

What do you consider to be a high K/D ratio? I recently had a five or six game stretch in league play with a K/D of >6 using only the MK48 + TF + suppressor. That's way, WAY above my norm, but my average with it is better than 1.5.

You feel that secondaries should be able to compete against primaries, I feel they should not. A secondary should be a backup. Still potent enough to kill people you catch off guard but it should not be able to go toe to toe with a primary. Blops 2 has the option to take two primaries. You can have the powerful secondary, but it will cost you an extra point. The way it should be.

This is a good post.

kaskade

I've found the Tac 45 to be a pretty solid gun when I run out of ammo on my primary. Fast ROF, good damage, and great range for a pistol. It's probably better than a lot of the primary weapons.

I do well with the type 25 + Target finder for whatever reason. I never run it on anything else. I pretty much use target finder on a map like carrier though, I think of it as a counter to sniping if I'm not sniping myself. If I can't kill them I at least know to go a different way.

Anyone use the SCAR? I think it may be my favorite gun in the the game right now. I consistently do well with it.

kaskade

Finally bought the new map pack. It always sucks the first few rounds trying to learn the layout. I should probably just do a private and run around a few minutes instead.

Ensoul

I lost count how many times I am using a SMG and lose to a side arm pistol in a fight.

So this past weekend they made one of the map packs free on the 360. I haven't purchased any of the DLC but I tried this one.

Apparently it unlocked the Peacekeeper SMG, but every time I create a class with it the system resets it the next time I log in.

Do I have this gun in perpetuity now, but am unable to create a class with it? Not sure what the restrictions are on this "free" DLC.

Apologies if this has been covered-didn't see it.

So this past weekend they made one of the map packs free on the 360. I haven't purchased any of the DLC but I tried this one.

Apparently it unlocked the Peacekeeper SMG, but every time I create a class with it the system resets it the next time I log in.

Do I have this gun in perpetuity now, but am unable to create a class with it? Not sure what the restrictions are on this "free" DLC.

Apologies if this has been covered-didn't see it.

It was only free for last week.

Yeah I feel that secondaries should be able to compete against primaries. It doesn't say anywhere that secondaries have to be inferior. It's just that you have 2 guns for 2 different situations.

Also, a bit unrelated but I just prestiged again, so I have free slots and decided to put a SMAW as my secondary cause there are no other good ones. And it's extremely stupid that if you shoot it at your feet with flak jacket, that you die as well as the person you killed, yet if somebody goes through a claymore/betty and gets a SMAW shot at them at the same time, they still live with their flak jacket.

Top Bottom