• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Thanks for the answer!

I'm really finding the MP fun. TDM wise. My favorite mode from BLOPS 1 has been ruined in this game because of the fucking radar. who thought that was a good idea!? You can't sneak up on people to knife them anymore nor can you get the jump on them because they'll know your location thanks to the radar. I don't see myself spending much time on Gun Game because of this, which sucks because I really enjoy the mode.

There's so much stuff in the MP that most of it is confusing to me. I am not a CoD player in the slightest so this is a little overwhelming lol. Tokens!? I'm going to have to read up on this shit.

GAMERG0D

We got new personalization packs coming next week on Xbox LIVE according to Major Nelson.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Aqua Pack
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pack-A-Punch Pack
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Rogue Pack
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Breach Pack
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Desert Coyote Pack
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Glam Pack

Tenumi

Banned
We got new personalization packs coming next week on Xbox LIVE according to Major Nelson.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Aqua Pack
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pack-A-Punch Pack
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Rogue Pack
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Breach Pack
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Desert Coyote Pack
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Glam Pack

Neat. Pack-A-Punch is a must, and I can imagine its been well requested. Glam.... that's going to be interesting to see and I can imagine it'll probably become a troll camo of sorts, if my mental image of what it could be is correct.

Tenumi

Banned
The COD twitter released an image of the Aqua Camo

BPT4bOECYAEG5aN.jpg:large

Also, is this the first time they didn't use the Peacekeeper to show it off?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
God damn quickscopers, the last game I was in 5 of the 6 players on the other team were doing it, I ended up just leaving even when my K:D was positive, just not worth the frustration of dealing with them all the time, especially when most of the other team is doing it.

The COD twitter released an image of the Aqua Camo

Also, is this the first time they didn't use the Peacekeeper to show it off?

That doesn't look too bad, as long as it doesn't glow or some random shit.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There's just one thing I'm not liking in this game (besides the inclusion of the dumb radar on Gun Game) and it's the Shotgun. God, fuck that gun.

Oh and the quick scoping too.

There's just one thing I'm not liking in this game (besides the inclusion of the dumb radar on Gun Game) and it's the Shotgun. God, fuck that gun.

Oh and the quick scoping too.

I've recently started running a Sniper / Shotgun class actually. I've never used a sniper rifle before so I completely suck with it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've recently started running a Sniper / Shotgun class actually. I've never used a sniper rifle before so I completely suck with it.
I don't mind if I get sniped from a distance. However, I find it so stupid when I get killed in CQC from quick scoping. The shotgun is just super annoying too since everyone seems to use it and it's not that hard to get kills with it unlike the effort that's required to quick scope.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I think it also generates this idea of why use 5-10 bullets when you can just end the fight with one shot
It really gets annoying
I agree. I've equipped the shotgun and I don't even need to aim when I'm close to someone since it'll auto aim for me getting me an easy kill. Not even going to touch the BS that is quick scoping. Using a sniper rifle in close quarters where it ISNT its intended range is beyond stupid.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I haven't been able to play much over the past few weeks and I've gotten kind of terrible, but I had some fun playing Gun Game yesterday. I REALLY wish it didn't have the constant UAV on, but it's still a nice diversion from regular TDM.

Cornbread78

Hey, this sounds like a pretty good place to ask a pretty random CoD question.

So I'm trying to help a buddy rebuild the CoD division of his gaming clan. There was a recent defection of a bunch of casuals that left them leaderless, but he wants to rebuild the program. Does anyone here aspire to create and run a CoD Elite roster and recruit new members to a game with? He has the clan website and plenty of members to support the roster to begin with, but wants to recruit and build a good roster of CoD players, that have mics, use good teamwork, are chill to play with and want to compete. The last competitive group that decided to do MLG got into the top 30. They can also just onto other rosters they roll with.

I know, I know, sounds pretty random, but I'm not sure if CoDGAF organizes their own stuff, so I figured I'd ask..

Title Update #13 is now available for 360 and PS3. Coming soon to PC.

New Features
-- 6 new Personalization Packs are now available as downloadable content. Each pack comes loaded with 1 camo, 1 themed calling card and 3 unique reticles.

-- Season Pass holders will now be reminded to download Season Pass content which they haven’t previously downloaded.

Multiplayer Issues Addressed
-- Improved stability when pressing buttons during a Theater mode screenshot.

-- Screenshots taken during Theater mode from a match on Uplink will no longer become corrupt.

Multiplayer Game Balancing
-- AN-94: Damage slightly reduced.

-- DSR 50: Rate of fire reduced.

-- Ballista: Rate of fire slightly reduced.

Zombies Issues Addressed
Die Rise

-- Players are no longer able to access unintended areas using the Trample Steam and the Elevator.

Mob of the Dead

-- Pack-A-Punch version of the Raygun Mark II now displays the correct skin.

Buried

-- Players are no longer able to pass over the Mansion fence using invisible collision.

-- Fixed an issue where Players were able to duplicate candy and booze when in dying in a specific staircase.

-- Players are no longer able to stand on invisible collision near the Stables and be free from zombie attack.

-- Fixed an issue where Players were able to hold the top of the Bank for an extended period of time using the Paralyzer and the Vulture-Aid perk.

-- Players are no longer able to position buildables in the General Store and become free from zombie attack.

-- Players no longer get stuck at the bottom of the slide when using Dive-To-Prone.

-- Addressed multiple issues where Players were able to throw themselves into walls using the Trample Steam and become free from zombie attack.

-- Players are no longer able to reach unintended collision on the 2nd Floor balcony of the Saloon.

-- Addressed an issue where Players could be free from zombie attack when holding a claymore and looking downward, when standing next to a Mystery Box.

-- Players are no longer able to launch themselves out of the level near the Saloon using the Paralyzer.

-- Fixed multiple issues where the Friendly AI would get stuck while holding a crawler zombie when above the General Store, in the Bank, in the Courthouse, in the Mansion, or the 2nd Floor of the Barn.

-- The Friendly AI no longer gets stuck when bringing the Mystery Box from the Hedge Maze to the Town, and vice versa.

-- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck if a Player gives him Candy and then enters the Fountain.

-- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI and zombies were going through a door in the Hedge Maze and getting stuck near a Mystery Box.

-- The Mystery Box now functions properly when Players give the Friendly AI candy and then activate the box.

-- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI would freeze and become unresponsive if he was hit by a high damage weapon while performing a turn animation.

-- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck in the Mansion if the Player has him take the rear entrance to the Mansion, near the Hedge Maze.

-- The Friendly AI no longer gets stuck on top of the Saloon if the Player shoots him while carrying candy or booze.

-- Fixed an issue where the Vulture-Aid Mystery Box indicator would permanently remain at box locations if the Player used the Friendly AI to bring the box to that location.

-- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck if he’s hit with a high damage weapon during his flinch animation.

-- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI would become stuck when fed candy to retrieve buildables in the Saloon, prior to opening the front door and the debris blocking the staircase.

-- Zombies no longer get stuck in the ground outside the Mortuary by the Mystery Box location.

-- Fixed an issue where Players would occasionally spawn under the map in a 4-Player game.

-- Zombies now path to the correct location when Players stand in Vulture-Aid stink.

-- Fixed an issue where Players were able to launch themselves on top of ghosts using the Paralyzer and be free from attack for a short period of time.

-- Players are no longer able to access unintended areas in the Mansion using the Trample Steam and the Paralyzer.

-- Zombies no longer get stuck on a window in the Sheriff’s building.

-- Fixed an issue where Players were able to get the Double Points upgrade when withdrawing money from the Bank with Double Points active.

-- Zombies no longer get stuck behind one of the repairable barriers in the Saloon.

-- Fixed an issue where Players would die if they jumped into the broken fountain at the same time.

-- Player’s camera no longer jitters when standing in a specific spot in the Barn.

-- Fixed an issue where zombies would path away from the Player if they stood in a certain spot just outside the Saloon.

-- Ghosts can no longer exit the Mansion using the slide, during a non-Ghost round.

-- Fixed a Solo-play issue where falling down the spiral staircase would occasionally kill the Player, even if they had the Quick Revive perk.

-- The Time Bomb now functions correctly if the Player has both the Time Bomb and the Monkey Bomb in their inventory.

-- Fixed multiple issues in Grief, where Players would spawn in Last Stand when respawning in the Stables, Candy Shop, Church, alongside the Saloon, outside the General Store, or on the Mansion-side of the map.

-- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to get stuck in a tree outside the Mansion.

-- Fixed an issue with zombies occasionally getting stuck when dropping down to the Gazebo stairs.

-- The Speed Cola Machine is now properly positioned in the General Store during Grief.

-- Fixed an issue where Players were able to trigger ghosts without fully dropping down into the Mansion.

-- Zombies who turn into ghosts now enter the Hedge Maze properly.

-- Players can no longer trigger Ghosts during a non-Ghost round when entering the Mansion from the rear.

-- Players can no longer get on top of the General Store purchasable couch using the Paralyzer, and be free from zombie attack.

-- Fixed an exploit where zombies couldn’t path to Players who stood on the purchasable couch in the Saloon.

-- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to access the top of a Mansion fence and be free from zombie attack.

-- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to stand on the cart outside of the Courthouse and be free from zombie attack.

-- Players are no longer able to access invisible collision in-between the Gun Shop and the Saloon with the Paralyzer.

-- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to access unintended collision behind the Mansion and be free from zombie attack.

-- Players are no longer able to launch themselves onto unintended collision in the Courthouse and be free from zombie attack.

-- Players are no longer able to stand on a scaffolding near the purchasable LSAT and be free from zombie attack.

-- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to use a combination of the Trample Steam and the Paralyzer inside the Church to become free from zombie attack.

deadlast

I'm getting a PS4 this fall. How is the PSN cod community compared to the Live community?

I have a friend who plays COD on PS3 and says the he has lots of network issues. What do you fellow gaffers think of the PSN with regards to multiplayer games and have you seen any improvements of the last 6 months?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I haven't had any issues on PSN with BLOPS 2. I haven't seen that much lag either. There's usually around 200k-300k at peak hours and around 100k or less late at night (west coast time).

snacknuts

we all knew her
I'm getting a PS4 this fall. How is the PSN cod community compared to the Live community?

I have a friend who plays COD on PS3 and says the he has lots of network issues. What do you fellow gaffers think of the PSN with regards to multiplayer games and have you seen any improvements of the last 6 months?

I have BO2 for both systems, and I have been amazed to find that network performance on PSN is better. I think XBL > PSN as a general rule of thumb, but not as far as BO2 has been concerned. YMMV. I've logged 18.25 hrs on XBL, 136.75 on PSN.

deadlast

I have BO2 for both systems, and I have been amazed to find that network performance on PSN is better. I think XBL > PSN as a general rule of thumb, but not as far as BO2 has been concerned. YMMV. I've logged 18.25 hrs on XBL, 136.75 on PSN.

Wow... Sounds like I will a-OK switching next gen. Thanks again

This seems to contradict everything I see on forums. It's always PS3 users in COD games that have more connection problems.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Quick question guys, what does it mean to prestige a weapon? Does it make it stronger or do you just revert back to level 1 with the weapon?

Tamanon

Banned
Quick question guys, what does it mean to prestige a weapon? Does it make it stronger or do you just revert back to level 1 with the weapon?

Back to level 1, then can prestige it a second time if you want. Basically a way to get more bars to fill and another source of XP and camos.

Tenumi

Banned

Back to level 1, then can prestige it a second time if you want. Basically a way to get more bars to fill and another source of XP and camos.

In addition, first prestige gains the option to add clan tag to the gun, and second adds the ability to put emblem on the gun.

I switched from playing COD on PSN to XBL in 2010 when Blops 1 dropped. The only difference is that one gets DLC earlier than the other.

Tenumi

Banned
As weird as it sounds, with such a backlash of the latest patch, I'm thinking of dropping the game, at least public multiplayer wise. Its sickening the reaction people sent out because their precious game was changed. Wishing death on developers? I'm ashamed to even play this game that has people like that.

Additionally, I've been losing reaction speed recently, most likely due to medicine I'm taking. I can't quite react as quickly as I used to, and its noticeable. I can deal with it, but its not fun. Its just, that, plus being associated with such scum that play this game pushes it over the edge. I don't mean to whine, but I think I've finally reached the end of the line on the COD shooters for me.

See you guys in another game!

It's funny watching all these optic wannabes bitching about the DSR nerf.

If people want to quickscope they can use the Ballista, but of course they don't like the idea of a quickscope sniper requiring actual skill and hitting fairly accurate shots instead of a OHK anywhere that isn't the legs.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
It is amusing to watch, IMO they didn't nerf enough of the bullshit in the game. Are people really getting this pissy over a slight reduction in fire rate?

It is amusing to watch, IMO they didn't nerf enough of the bullshit in the game. Are people really getting this pissy over a slight reduction in fire rate?
I think some of it stems from the fact that it's impossible to get an all-singles Quad Feed with the DSR now, but beyond that the only change really is that there's much less chance they'll be able to get off another shot in a close-quarters encounter if they miss their shot...in my opinion this is a good thing seeing as the DSR is the easiest 1HK sniper in the game and not even made for quickscoping anyway. Why can't they just use the Ballista if it bothers them so much? Good riddance to them if they're bitching so much and pledging to not play the game over a 50RPM > 40RPM nerf. I don't have a problem with quickscoping inherently, but if infinite-range snipers are going to be used at point-blank, it needs more of a skill gap (especially with the less mobile, more powerful DSR) so to me, all this bitching just amounts to "It's a bit harder now! Screw you!"

Ensoul

My new favorite discovery with this game is listening to how many shots I fire then immediately looking at how many bullets I have left. For the most part it never matches. I hear 4-5 shots and much of the time I have full ammo when I die.

Its so much fun playing when your first 5 shots are not registering on the server.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
With the latest patch I've been noticing people take a lot of bullets and surviving scenarios where they shouldn't survive. Examples of this are close quarters shotgun hits and somehow apparently surviving two consecutive shots. The hit detection seems way off which I never noticed before prior to this patch.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My new favorite discovery with this game is listening to how many shots I fire then immediately looking at how many bullets I have left. For the most part it never matches. I hear 4-5 shots and much of the time I have full ammo when I die.

Its so much fun playing when your first 5 shots are not registering on the server.

That's like 90% of the games I play.

With the latest patch I've been noticing people take a lot of bullets and surviving scenarios where they shouldn't survive. Examples of this are close quarters shotgun hits and somehow apparently surviving two consecutive shots. The hit detection seems way off which I never noticed before prior to this patch.

I recently had to stay at my parents place while recovering from surgery and switching from a low ping, slow-mid speed internet to medium ping, high speed internet led to much worse gameplay for me.

BTW,Fuck all those CoD players that complain about LMGs and shotguns being OP (There is only one shotgun even close to being OP and it requires 2 attachments to even be consistent), especially the youtube names like legendofthunder and ali-a. I hear from those guys are complaints about how shotguns are OP and how target finder LMGs ruins nuketown (rather than realizing the issue is that nuketown encourages spawn-trapping). How the fuck do these people not realize they only feel like they are being killed mostly by LMGs and Shotguns because this is the first game since MW2 where LMGs and shotguns were usable.

If they convince CoD:Ghost's developers to make LMGs and Shotguns as useless as they were MW3 and BO1 I'm going to be so fucking pissed. The lack of viable variety is what made BO1 such a shitty game.

JHall

Anyone know why movement speed is slower in league/pubs than it is in custom games? I feel like I'm moving through water and I absolutely hate it.

Try it out; put stock on an AR, aim down sight, then walk backwards in pubs. After that go to a custom game and do the same thing, there is a big difference.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I take back what I said about about Quickscoping being the biggest thing I would remove if I had the ability in Black Ops 2, given the choice I would also remove god damn C4, or at least the ability to detonate it the second it lands. The downside of throwing C4 into a room is that you might miss or people might not be there, at least with a grenade you have to cook it with the chance of it exploding your arm off, claymores and betties need to be positioned in a good place that might just get someone, semtex needs to attach to something first before it cooks, C4 as they are used now don't have any of these downsides.

Fucking C4! I've been nailed with C4 numerous times, and always wondered what the hell they were throwing in the air when watching replays. It's not a grenade, it's not a Betty...what is that thing?!
Never knew because I never use it in CoD. Never saw much point in it since there's no vehicles to mess with like in Battlefield.

I would still rather screw quickscopers over as nothing annoys me more than them, but yeah, something should be done with the C4 to prevent it from being a grenade.

Rashid

Banned
Any GAFfers want to join a PS3 only clan with around 20 active members, based in the UK? We're the Total W*nkerz and I'm not the leader but we are recruiting right now. We piss about and have a massive laugh on Black Ops 2. If you're interested then send me a message on PSN at subzer0_afc.

(Mic required).

Tenumi

Banned
Huh... I gave myself some time off, cooled down, played to have some fun. Did great, actually, got two AGRs out in a Dom match. Perhaps I'm not so "retired" after all. I still hate the community, all honesty. Too much kiddy drama.

13 patches in. I'm still getting killed by Lightning Strikes before the announcer calls them and still looking up to find enemy UAVs that the announcer didn't call in.

Fucking christ, Treyarch.

The spawn system in Black Ops 2 is an abject disaster. After 13 patches, it's almost as if nothing has been addressed. Can someone logically explain to me why I'm spawning directly in front of and beside people on Nuketown? I could understand this on Ground War, but in regular 6v6 games, this fucking chaos should not be happening. It certainly didn't happen on the original Black Ops.

It fucking mystifies me how a map like Shipment from Call of Duty 4 could manage to avoid this spawn bullshit, yet every game gets worse and worse and worse. How does this seem to go backwards and get worse with every iteration?

In regards to Black Ops 2, I'm sure as to what happened. Sometime during the lifespan as the main Call of Duty for the original Black Ops, David Vonderhaar developed a raging boner for eSports. I'm thoroughly convinced Vonderhaar and his band of merry men only tested this game in that precious 4v4 environment and gave no fuck about anything else. That can only explain the maps that get smaller and smaller, the spawn system being a complete fucking mess even on 6v6, the characters moving way too fucking fast, lag compensation that has never been addressed (and has been proven to exist even on fucking LAN), and just about everything else.

Vonderhaar will only address something if it pisses off his precious eSports crowd. Not an eSports darling and don't like something about Black Ops 2? Fuck you, you don't matter.

I swear to fucking god this series goes backwards with every new game that comes out. Call of Duty 4 was gaming utopia. What a tornado of chaos it's become.

And don't even get me started on the fucking quickscoping. Those people are the cancer of Call of Duty, but who can blame them when the fucking lazy ass developers give fuck all about addressing it?

tl;dr: 13 patches in and Black Ops 2 is still fucking trash.

Top Bottom