• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Quickscoping is a broken mechanic, it isn't something that was intended to happen in the first place that was taken advantage of. Sure, some people aren't that great at it, they learn the basics but in most situations are killed quite easily, and I didn't say it breaks the game, but it isn't balanced at all which is my point and why people dislike it.

I don't mind agreeing to disagree, I just don't think it should be there and given the magical power to remove such a thing, would.

This man knows what he is saying.

Aerocrane

Sad but true, about 200 on Kill Confirmed, maybe 500 on Ground War, then 1500 on TDM.

I am in the EU, there are about 150 playing Hardcore Domination every evening. Running into the same people repeatedly can get a bit annoying.

I have been playing Hardcore pretty much exclusively for the past couple months, it is impossible for me to play normal gamemodes because I've gotten so used to killing with just a couple shots.

FlyFaster

I wish one of the companies had the balls to completely get rid of quickscoping. Heck, why are sniper rifles in the game to begin with? Vast majority of the maps are too small for them to be useful. How realistic is it really to swing around a .50Cal rifle like that and get accurate shots? Not at all.

Game isn't meant to be realistic.

For example, how realistic is it that health regenerates?

The achievements for the new DLC are up. I love that the LSAT is now a wall weapon in Buried and it's interesting that they added bank and locker to Die Rise and Buried, and it still remains in TranZit. All the points in the bank and weapons in the locker carry over maps as well.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I love how they ruined Mercenary TDM by making it a Mosh Pit and now there is never more than 500 people playing when MTDM always used to have 10K+.

Tamanon

Banned
I love how they ruined Mercenary TDM by making it a Mosh Pit and now there is never more than 500 people playing when MTDM always used to have 10K+.

Yeah, I miss Merc TDM, it was my go-to playlist.

I'd do Mosh Pit, but I don't like CTF or S&D with nobody I know. I can do domination or hardpoint with randoms no problem, but not those two.

Shady859

SOOOOOOOOOO

Anyone want a Ghosts camo code for Black Ops 2? It's the Gamestop pre-order code will work for PS3/360. YOU MUST REDEEM BY midnight today USA only I assume.

GONE, will PM you Nori Chan.

So I just discovered the new map pack has a re-imagining of Summit.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK. >_<

I was done with the game, now they go and re-do my fav map ever.

Now I want to spend more money on it. >_<

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Personally I played enough of both Firing Range and Summit on Black Ops. Neither map was even in my top 10 for that game. I'd much rather have Zoo, Array, Crisis, Cracked, WMD, Jungle, or Villa.

Personally I played enough of both Firing Range and Summit on Black Ops. Neither map was even in my top 10 for that game. I'd much rather have Zoo, Array, Crisis, Cracked, WMD, Jungle, or Villa.

You said it.

I'm pretty lukewarm on Rush, the map is just an absolute flank fest. Summit is just average, was never a huge fan in BLOPS. Detour I think is super solid--has a predictable tug of war style to it.

Cove is my favorite right now though. Just based on the longer sight lights/more outshooting people. No map makes it more clear that people have gotten to accustomed to hip firing and short ranging people with SMG's than cove. People can barely play with short sightlines.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
wat

those two maps were probably my favorite in cod history

And the majority would agree with you. That's why they've both been brought back.

They're just too small for my tastes. I like larger maps and longer sight lines. If I wanted a run and gun map from BO I would go with Kowloon. I found it to be a lot more fun.

Windam

Scaley member
Just got this yesterday (late, I know) for my 360 and I'm playing through the campaign right now. Does/did anyone else experience massive slowdowns regularly? The FPS will all of a sudden drop, sometimes for no reason, to about 10-15 FPS, making it almost impossible to tell what's going on. This is happening only in the campaign. Multiplayer works just fine for me, no lag.

Toa TAK

Banned
Just got this yesterday (late, I know) for my 360 and I'm playing through the campaign right now. Does/did anyone else experience massive slowdowns regularly? The FPS will all of a sudden drop, sometimes for no reason, to about 10-15 FPS, making it almost impossible to tell what's going on. This is happening only in the campaign. Multiplayer works just fine for me, no lag.

I don't have an issue with it personally. But it's been awhile since I've gone back to it. Loved the campaign but got worn out over trying to get all the achievements.

Windam

Scaley member
I don't have an issue with it personally. But it's been awhile since I've gone back to it. Loved the campaign but got worn out over trying to get all the achievements.

I'm not sure, but I think setting my 360 display options to "Optimal Resolution" fixed it, since I didn't encounter any slowdown on the last two levels, whereas I had slowdown in every level before. And yeah, getting all the achievements for the campaign is such a pain. I wanna do it, but at the same time I'm too lazy to. :(

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm not sure, but I think setting my 360 display options to "Optimal Resolution" fixed it, since I didn't encounter any slowdown on the last two levels, whereas I had slowdown in every level before. And yeah, getting all the achievements for the campaign is such a pain. I wanna do it, but at the same time I'm too lazy to. :(

How do you think I feel about the new zombie achievements? :'(

dsvoid

Neo Member
9jP28wx.jpg
Cooked it up for fun.

Ghazi

^I had a friend make me one awhile back. I'll post a pic tomorrow/later today.

Talking about da GAF logo emblem since new pages suck.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I take back what I said about about Quickscoping being the biggest thing I would remove if I had the ability in Black Ops 2, given the choice I would also remove god damn C4, or at least the ability to detonate it the second it lands. The downside of throwing C4 into a room is that you might miss or people might not be there, at least with a grenade you have to cook it with the chance of it exploding your arm off, claymores and betties need to be positioned in a good place that might just get someone, semtex needs to attach to something first before it cooks, C4 as they are used now don't have any of these downsides.

Ensoul

Started to play this game again after the maps came out. Uplink is a good map of course. I have barely played detour so I cannot make a judgement. Rush and cove are ok but the problem I have with those maps is that I am constantly getting shot in the back. Overall the maps have been decent in BL II.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So I'm about to buy this game via Amazon and was wondering if the Revolution Map Pack edition of the game is worth it. That one is worth $60 while the standard game is $50. I don't want to spend an extra $10 if the maps suck or whatever. What do you say, CoD GAF?

PS3, by the way.

Ever since the new maps came out the game has been basically unplayable for my group. Every other match is laggy, or drops completely.

Edit: Also the Baked to Perfection challenge, where you have to get a gajillion kills while somebody is slowed by your Guardian, is ridiculous. Why not let the Guardian kills count?

Toa TAK

Banned
Nice! I feel like PaPing on wave 1 is even more difficult :/ It's 10 mins of work and then the bitch hits you once and you start over!

Can't wait for the MP4 EE :D

Yeah, I attempted it once, but I can't really dodge her, I need something to put her down quick, like an MP5 or something. I know I can get the resources if I'm smart enough.

That and the maze on round 20 are the last ones. That round 20 one is a pain solo.

Yeah, I attempted it once, but I can't really dodge her, I need something to put her down quick, like an MP5 or something. I know I can get the resources if I'm smart enough.

That and the maze on round 20 are the last ones. That round 20 one is a pain solo.

Just send me a msg one day and I'll help you. Wave 20 with 2ppl takes only about 35 minutes.

Tenumi

Banned
Damn playing solo sucks. It is all no scopes and shotguns. I don't understand this game.

I don't have much issues with no-scopers, but shotguns are definitely annoying.

So far, having had the DLC for a bit now, I have yet to play Rush or Cove. I've got lucky and had Detour pop up a couple times, but everyone seems to want to play Uplink.

Raptor

Started playing this on 360, so I start a MP Free For All match and I forgot to Mute all so I was hearing the people talking, so I was getting to know the map and wasn't trying to get to much kills so I was like 1-10 and some dude said "Raptor is a fucking idiot" :/

I mean come on man, I was just knowing the map and all and I got called an idiot.

I started the SP instead on Hardened.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I ended up going with the version that has the Revolution Map Pack and god damn that shit is almost 2 gigs! I said damn!

How big is the latest DLC pack? I really need to get a bigger HDD.

Top Bottom