• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Any idea which camo packs are winning that vote?

I thought the Comic and Cyborg packs were a given but when i voted the Dragon pack was beating Comic.

I don't mind though, the Cyborg one is definitely getting bought.

Two classic moments today:

Threw my flashbang, HIT the dude with it, blinded him, and he still managed to quickscope me. Killcam showed nothing but white and he managed to hit me.

Point blanked a dude with the RPG, yet he lives and still manages to kill me with his shotgun.

This game is beyond frustrating, I don't even know why I keep playing it.

Tenumi

Banned
Looks like it was Cyborg and Dragon that won the vote.

Kinda sad, I really liked Comic. At least Cyborg was chosen, though.

kuYuri

They did a Double XP weekend on CoD4 the weekend before MW2 came out and they never switched the Double XP off for the PS3 version for whatever reason.

Good. More companies should flip on 2x+ XP for games that are old or have a dying community.

I believe Transformers: War for Cybertron got a permanent 5x XP or something like that awhile back.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Cyborg and Dragon were the two I liked, so I'm happy that they both won to be in the pack.

How come they never give us the Zombie weapon skins, I mean it is right there already in the game so I can't imagine it would take much to sort out, even if the only way to get it was playing Zombies it would be nice to have.

Nebula

Cyborg and Dragon were the two I liked, so I'm happy that they both won to be in the pack.

How come they never give us the Zombie weapon skins, I mean it is right there already in the game so I can't imagine it would take much to sort out, even if the only way to get it was playing Zombies it would be nice to have.

Dragon looks fantastic, and if you didn't know, they have a subtle animation to them and glow in the dark. Looks great. I have been experiencing a bug since the camos dropped though. Sometimes the guns camo will reset to default, as well as the custom sight, even if said sight isn't DLC. Only happened in one game, but there were a lot of us using the new Camos and it was on Nuketown (draw distance meant we all had more camos in full effect on screen because of the size of the map) and I think this might be the source of the problem.

New gun camos? That explains why everybody is running around with giant orange guns you can see from across the map.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Dragon looks fantastic, and if you didn't know, they have a subtle animation to them and glow in the dark. Looks great. I have been experiencing a bug since the camos dropped though. Sometimes the guns camo will reset to default, as well as the custom sight, even if said sight isn't DLC. Only happened in one game, but there were a lot of us using the new Camos and it was on Nuketown (draw distance meant we all had more camos in full effect on screen because of the size of the map) and I think this might be the source of the problem.

I haven't seen Dragon in game yet, but that is the one I voted for, thought it looked pretty neat, didn't know they glowed though.

Not surprised at the issues that pop up though, I think they said that they didn't have memory room in the last few games for extra weapons, so shoving in the peacekeeper along with all these new camos is probably starting to push it. I had the emblem on my weapon just change during one set of matches, what was a skull and some shapes turned into hearts and some other shapes, has very random.

I just played for the first time in months, saw the live stream option, and had to do it. This is like the coolest thing ever. When is every game going to have this?

eek5

I just played for the first time in months, saw the live stream option, and had to do it. This is like the coolest thing ever. When is every game going to have this?

Next gen or when everyone has google fiber as an option.

I agree that it is cool. Too bad current gen can't handle better resolution (I think it streams at 360?)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So is it just me, or do explosions fail to work sometimes. I swear I've thrown C4 directly behind someone, or shot at them with an RPG but it doesn't even injure them sometimes.l When I check the killcam after they kill me they clearly should have died, and they aren't using flak jacket.

Jigolo

- Since BO1 nobody could see my stats
- Carried over to BO2 and I can't change my clan tag now either.
-I've had the game since launch

I chatted with activision support but they wanted me to link and unlink my elite account like that was where the issue was taking place. Didn't work.

Any ideas

So is it just me, or do explosions fail to work sometimes. I swear I've thrown C4 directly behind someone, or shot at them with an RPG but it doesn't even injure them sometimes.l When I check the killcam after they kill me they clearly should have died, and they aren't using flak jacket.

It's the lag comp in this game. Same thing occurs with bullets as well, especially snipers.

rCIZZLE

Anybody here do any somewhat competitive team play on the PS3? I'm looking to get back into the side of gaming and figured I'd check here first. I understand positioning and good teamwork from playing many years for online shooters so I won't be a liability. :p

Nebula

My only hype for Ghosts is that we will go back to a MP without the bloody Target Finder, and that Infected might return as a game mode, lol.

Target Finder is a horrible attachment. Who thought a no sway sight visual and audio alerts that go off when you put your aim near a target, not matter how far away they are, was a good idea? Damn.

Tenumi

Banned
My only hype for Ghosts is that we will go back to a MP without the bloody Target Finder, and that Infected might return as a game mode, lol.

Most definitely. It is unbearably annoying running into people barely sitting around corners camping with a target finder. Makes me mad, and I'm not one to get angry at video games.

On a good note, I finally got the Type 25 gold! Those longshots were a bit of a pain.

shiptoncraig

Neo Member
Target Finder is a horrible attachment. Who thought a no sway sight visual and audio alerts that go off when you put your aim near a target, not matter how far away they are, was a good idea? Damn.

I outshot snipers from across maps with the TF and the 4 LMGs - crazy!

But what is a COD title without a bullshit element to the multiplayer?

MP40 (WaW), Stopping Power (MW2), Ghost (BO1), FMG9 Akimbo (MW3) and Target Finders (BO2) are a part of COD's Hall Of Shame.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

MP40 (WaW), Stopping Power (MW2), Ghost (BO1), FMG9 Akimbo (MW3) and Target Finders (BO2) are a part of COD's Hall Of Shame.

I only played the Wii version of BO1 which was never patched, were the Famas and AK74u OP in the other versions?

I only played the Wii version of BO1 which was never patched, were the Famas and AK74u OP in the other versions?

Yes and yes (mostly the 47u), but Ghost was the real egregious element.

I very rarely encounter someone using it in BO2, and I respect the choice when they get the drop on me.

This is a good post.

If you're going to include things like the FMG9s though (they were eventually fixed in a patch) then you need to include those ancient shotguns in MW2. And OMA tubing.

fozzy

Does anyone play on PC? And how is it?

I'm sick to death of getting beaten in 1v1 gun fights by people who are closer to the host than me.

zeelman

You forgot 3x Frags and Killstreak Chaining in COD4 (get a chopper, die, call in chopper, get another, repeat).

Does anyone play on PC? And how is it?

I'm sick to death of getting beaten in 1v1 gun fights by people who are closer to the host than me.

I've played it during the few free weekends they've had for it, and it does run a lot better. They put the matchmaking on dedicated servers, so the connections are way better, and there's no host issues, either. My questionable deaths went down considerably. The only drawback is the playerbase is much smaller.

Bauer91

The Call of Duty games are on sale on the UK PSN. I have only played the first Modern Warfare and World at War when they came out and only in single player. I'm thinking about getting one of them to try out the multiplayer and I'd get it on PSN. I'd prefer one of the cheaper games but since Black Ops 2 is the most recent one am I right in assuming that it's also the most active and the best one?

NdVmGMH.png

Top Bottom