• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

The_Monk

Thanks for the fast answer. Yes, I was talking about that not mandatory install, glad you understood it. ;)

2-3 more days to me but Hardened Edition will be mine.

Tarps

Hmm, I dunno... I reckon lots of people would opt to remove textures and simplify polys if it gave them an edge in MP.

Considering a switch to PC from 360. Is there a proper matchmaking mode in the PC version? I don't recall there being one in the first BLOPS. I actually prefer matchmaking most of the time.

Pooya

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/13/3639588/black-ops-2-mass-effect-2

lool

Gamers on a handful of forums are complaining that when they went to install Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on their computer this morning the second disc was identified as a Mass Effect 2 disc.

It's unclear how widespread the issue is, but this morning it appears to be relatively isolated. We've reached out to Activision for comment and will update this story when they respond

iNvid02

gddDq.png

I wish they would just force people to prestige. Because ghost is such a high level unlock I can foresee a lot of people deciding not to prestige to hold onto their "precious".

Anyone here that wanna sell there Nuketown code for xbox 360? I can pay via Paypal.

Isn't every retailer in the world giving that code away with a purchase?

Vol5

So here's my PC problem. Game loads fine under Steam then just before the map loads, I either get a black screen with nothing (music still playing, teasing me) a windows memory warning (using 1.8gb out of a possible 4!) or an unhanded exception error. It will also crash in the MP menu as well.

Oh, and sometimes my TV will switch to VGA then back to HDMI.

I'm really pissed to be honest. An hour trying to get it to work has proved to be a complete waste of time. None of my other Steam games ever run out of memory or crash like this.

Do we have a PC performance thread for Black Ops 2 or should I make one maybe? I ask because my performance is somewhat inconsistent and I don't know if I should fill this thread with it :/

Erasus

Ignore him. He probably sucks at the game. This isn't Mario Kart Wii. You can be dominant in the game even though it encourages equality among newer and veteran players.

Ha, nope. CS, Quake hell even BF3 is more "competitive" than PC CoD. Using the word "competitive" implies some high level clan action

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
My quick impressions of the PS3 version online after ~4 hours:

-No fps dips or freezing thus far
-Sub-hd is really bad; vasoline vision is the same as the first black ops
-Hands down the best gun, explosion and overall sound in CoD; not quite BF3 but still damn good
-UAV isn't a huge issue yet
-Spawns are the worst of any CoD; lots of spawning right behind someone
-Camping seems rare; the point system and UAV, and high level unlocks (ghost) have dealt camping a huge blow
-Killstreaks (now point streaks) are hard to obtain or keep going; they don't dominate the map with constant air support
-Weapon range differences are perfect
-I've encountered 0 quickscopong or even snipers so far

The game is incredibly fast paced and clearly caters to run n' gunners.

Agree with most of them. Overall, feels better than Black Ops 1 for PS3 ever was. I did come across a lot of level 20+ and upwards which just toyed with us since they already knew the maps, etc.

I've also come across quickscopers too. :( Asses were probably enjoying themselves silly.

Anyone on the PS3 who encountered fluctuating bars and having that "unplugged" image popping on-screen? I've had games where I was at four bars and then one bar and then three bars in a span of a few seconds. :(

Game is definitely good, though.

ptuck874

whoever said This game was like MW3 was right; it is like it, it's MW3 done RIGHT. nobody has spawned at my backside yet, maps have a natural flow to them, weapons have significant drop off damage but aren't super accurate to cope for it, a shitload of customization, killstreaks are hard to get but are satisfying and effective, and the game has a natural fast pace to it that isn't all over the place like MW3. Also the game seems to be running alot smoother than both MW3 and Blackops 1. Oh, and let me not forget the connections, there has been little latency so far; I've gone negative twiceand neither match left me feeling like my deaths were due to lag or other shit outside of my control, it was just good play by the other team and I still had fun. So in short, mp is good and I'm having a blast

agreed, I got the ps3 version here, no problems with multi besides learning new maps and stuff, no lags, no cheap kills, nothing, played couple games of domination then went over to hardcore, guns feel good, sound is awesome, then went to zombies, first was like wha? then like :) , got 1 weird audio, then freeze problem, but all in all, not a bad multi experience at all.

Gibbo

Do we have a PC performance thread for Black Ops 2 or should I make one maybe? I ask because my performance is somewhat inconsistent and I don't know if I should fill this thread with it :/

Don't think we have one. Maybe just list your specs here? Seems to be a quite well optimized port. Getting constant 60FPS on my HD 7870- on max settings.

Card Boy

Banned
maps are really good. Then again i played 5 of them and spent the rest of my time on Nuketown 2025.

At first i busted up my ratio due to not being used to the game on 360 but now i'm slowly going up.

The default shotgun with Long Barrel and Lasersight is godly.

confuziz

Banned
wth @ activision. Anyone noticed the back of the gamecase? They don't even try anymore nowadays. It just says; campaign, multiplayer and zombies...that's it. Even the blu-ray/DVD itself is ugly.

This bothers me way more than it should, but it just screams laziness.

Detox

Considering a switch to PC from 360. Is there a proper matchmaking mode in the PC version? I don't recall there being one in the first BLOPS. I actually prefer matchmaking most of the time.

It's like the consoles, it matches you into a game (default rules) and then puts all the players on a server.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So, sorry for asking this again.... But PC version definitely has no aim assist right? About to go or and get the game for 360

Don't think we have one. Maybe just list your specs here? Seems to be a quite well optimized port. Getting constant 60FPS on my HD 7870- on max settings.

Well alright, my specs are:

AMD Phenom II x4 955 @3.2ghz
MSI Radeon HD 6850 Cyclone factory OC'ed 1GB
8GB RAM DDR3
Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer

Settings: Everything maxed with FXAA off, 2x MSAA and V-Sync off in fullscreen-windowed

The game itself runs with 60fps nearly constantly though when I right-click aim I get a weird stuttering, it's not really that the framerate seems to get lower in a traditional sense but it feels more like frameskip on emulators in regard to mouse-movement. Lowering the DoF setting helps a bit though it's still weird :/ And the second issue I have is that sometimes I feel something like a weird mouse-smoothing going on.

Nothing of it is really game breaking it's just annoying and other than that the game runs like a dream as said :)

So, sorry for asking this again.... But PC version definitely has no aim assist right? About to go or and get the game for 360

I heard there is none multiple times in this thread.

Santar

Does combat training have a offline mode where you can actually level up all the way only playing against bots?
Or is this combo bots\real players mode all we get this time around?

smr00

Banned
To anyone like me that plays these mostly for the Single Player, how is the SP this time around? From the GB QL and a few other articles i have read it looks like they really stepped up this time around and it looks really interesting.

Seems to run about the same as Blops for me. Going to try the beta nvidia drivers now and see if it's any better

Top Bottom