• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

http://www.gametrailers.com/call-of-duty-boii-launched/

That's the video of the event I went to last night (the Spike TV launch event). I'm on the right side..2nd from the left. At around 37:41, that's when you'll see gameplay of myself. I'm "02". Didn't know he was COD Casting but after watching it now, I felt pretty good seeing him talk about me, haha. It really was a once in a lifetime experience for me.

Nice! You're lucky lol

Finished the campaign. It's good, people. I want more of this, but less scripted; ran through the second part almost w/o shooting stuff because killing AI is too repetitive and boring. Yet, that was enjoyment trip.

Ryck

Walked into to Target at 12 midnight and was in my car driving home by 12:15. As I was leaving the parking lot I saw a huge line of people outside of Gamestop, guess if i had reserved it id be out in the cold waiting too smh.

Spent about an hour with the bots learning the maps and guns.The image quality on the Ps3 version is blurry as hell, turned up my sharpness from 12 to 19 and that did the trick. Default image is way too soft.

So far so good I really like it, like some have said it feels more like a Sequel to Mw2 than the original Blops.

whoever said This game was like MW3 was right; it is like it, it's MW3 done RIGHT. nobody has spawned at my backside yet, maps have a natural flow to them, weapons have significant drop off damage but aren't super accurate to cope for it, a shitload of customization, killstreaks are hard to get but are satisfying and effective, and the game has a natural fast pace to it that isn't all over the place like MW3. Also the game seems to be running alot smoother than both MW3 and Blackops 1. Oh, and let me not forget the connections, there has been little latency so far; I've gone negative twiceand neither match left me feeling like my deaths were due to lag or other shit outside of my control, it was just good play by the other team and I still had fun. So in short, mp is good and I'm having a blast

Fistwell

Gun textures look pretty assy. Foliage seems a little crap as well. How does it compare to blops1 on PC?

Looks worse.
Welp. Progress is progress. What's performance like? About 3 billion FPS?

Wait, I read that wrong, it looks worse than blops1? I... erh... really?

Hanmik

so now that people have played it a little...

is the Playstation 3 version a mess, like the first Blops game..? or does it run much better..?

NIN90

So I had a mission in India where I could command units and stuff. I quit from the menu because I wanted to play MP and the game goes all XCOM on my ass, Commander dude is like ima fuck yo up.

Did I fuck up? Can I do that mission again?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've played 11 matches so far. It plays a lot faster than the original black ops. Kind of like MW3 but without all the horrible lag(so far). Seems to run a lot smoother on the PS3. Maps seem bigger than MW3 and I haven't been spawn killed yet either.

Also no freezes yet.

Easily the worst spawns in the post-cod4 era. Pretty disappointing given how far we are in this series.

I haven't seen anything nearly as bad as the first month of Black Ops yet. There you could just sit there and watch a spawn point as it alternated spawning people from opposing teams within seconds of one another.

The_Monk

I'm still hoping for my game (please be here here Thursday, please, please) but I can't wait to try the maps.

I played every COD minus WaW and never had such bad experience with horrible, uninspired maps as I have with MW3. It seems there's a lot of attention to details on BO2 maps but I can only hope to be superior (to be honest I find it hard to be worse than MW3 Maps, but that's just me).

Hammer24

Banned
So I had a mission in India where I could command units and stuff. I quit from the menu because I wanted to play MP and the game goes all XCOM on my ass, Commander dude is like ima fuck yo up.

Did I fuck up? Can I do that mission again?

Yes you can, India and Singapore combined can be tried three times. Not that I´ve been able to win them. :( Lost every single try.

iNvid02

not liking the strike force command stuff, thankfully it seems to be optional. game itself is another globe trotting action fest with some nice set pieces, im enjoying it. looks pretty good at times, but not one to look too closely at.

also, rooker is distracting me. can only think of walking dead when he opens his mouth

t6sp201211131040217372yrm9.png

Seems like SMG's are way better then AR's at the moment. Is this the general consensus?

Trying to find a solid load out is tough.

Have got top 3 every round(5 rounds so far) though which isn't too bad I guess. Been level 30's in the matches too so I guess level doesn't really mean sweet stuff all.

Walked into to Target at 12 midnight and was in my car driving home by 12:15.

Me too but Walmart and 12:08 with no preorder. I guess not too many people think about Walmart and Kmart and all that but fine with me. I used to do the same at Blockbuster but they all closed down by me.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Toys R Us has a promo right now where it's 10$ off any game 59.99 and 30$ off if you buy two games at 59.99.

I was able to use the promo when i picked up BLOPS2 at midnight.

Krabboss

I know not many people care and even I don't really, but the Zombie stuff in this game is kinda crappy. The new modes are pretty lame and the standard Survival maps are smaller and less involved than those in BO.

PandaL

ok I got the PS3 version. No idea about Campaign or Zombies because I've played only MP. Played MP for a couple hours. Here are some of the details that the PS3 gamers are looking for.

Initially I hated the game. But the more I played it the more I felt comfortable and started liking it.

MP Good Things :

• No frame rate issues
  • No hit detection issues
  • net code is good (on par with MW2 and not as bad as BO1) and I play with 3bars most of the time
  • In split screen, the 2nd player can sign into their and level up (I think so but I don't have anyone to play split screen with so can't confirm on the same)
  • maps are good (except hijacked, I hate it already, its like Rust from MW2)
  • people rely on uav too much and Ghost is a level 45 unlock *facepalm*

MP Bad Things :
  • The game lacks a bit sharpness compared to 360 version
  • Poor visibility in corners and. Its hard to distinguish if its an enemy camping or an object. If an enemy is camping at a window, all you see are bullets coming towards you and by the time you notice the enemy you're already dead
  • Team mates & enemies all look the same, so you gotta rely on the radar. I fired at my own team mates lots of times.
  • Quick Scopers are gonna rule the game
  • Assault class moves like as if he is carrying tons of objects in his back. Basically Assault class has the least mobility.
  • Retarded thing is both SMG & Snipers have the same mobiliey

Any more queries, please ask, ill reply asap. :)

PS : Campers are already runing the game. The worst thing is people party up and camp in groups. :|

Being a very skilled FPS player - my first impressions are this:

fast paced, focus on fun

guns have little to 0 recoil

shotguns suck like bad (so far at least LOL)

and yeah

maps are BIG-ish - much better than mw3

Dennis

Banned
I can't believe the graphics are worse than BLOPS 1.

How is that even possible?

Jesus Christ if this doesn't hammer home how badly we need the Halobox 720 and the KillzoneStation 4 I don't know what will.

Jesus Christ if this doesn't hammer home how badly we need the Halobox 720 and the KillzoneStation 4 I don't know what will.

They've been using the same engine since the current generation started. They don't need to try at all because they know it's going to sell anyway. Freakin' Activision.

The_Monk

Thanks for your impressions HCG what about those disconnects (where you see that picture of a modem cable disconnecting from the plug)?

It's my only worry to be honest. Also:

-How is your search preferences? It's set to "Always find the best connection" or something similar?

-The feature to install that physics pops on screen the first time you boot the game?

Thank you.

Hanmik

could you please post some examples..?

PandaL

Thanks for your impressions HCG what about those disconnects (where you see that picture of a modem cable disconnecting from the plug)?

It's my only worry to be honest. Also:

-How is your search preferences? It's set to "Always find the best connection" or something similar?

-The feature to install that physics pops on screen the first time you boot the game?

Thank you.

1) I didn't get disconnected in any match nor see that plug image.

2) I didn't change any search preferences. Ill check on it. But treyarch already tweeted that the search is based on ping & latency. I just have a 2MB connection and I was playing with 3bars most of the time.

3) Install physics ? I think its just the textures that gets installed. It didn't pop up for me. I found it in the options menu.

BTW points 1 & 2 are related to NAT. If you get Open NAT in BO2 and NAT Type 2 in your PS3 you're good to go.

My quick impressions of the PS3 version online after ~4 hours:

-No fps dips or freezing thus far
-Sub-hd is really bad; vasoline vision is the same as the first black ops
-Hands down the best gun, explosion and overall sound in CoD; not quite BF3 but still damn good
-UAV isn't a huge issue yet
-Spawns are the worst of any CoD; lots of spawning right behind someone
-Camping seems rare; the point system and UAV, and high level unlocks (ghost) have dealt camping a huge blow
-Killstreaks (now point streaks) are hard to obtain or keep going; they don't dominate the map with constant air support
-Weapon range differences are perfect
-I've encountered 0 quickscopong or even snipers so far

The game is incredibly fast paced and clearly caters to run n' gunners.

Top Bottom