• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

SteveWD40

Still the same old engine? These could be screenshots from a number of CoD games from the last 4-5 years.

Disappointing. There's only so much shine you can put on a turd.

They will bother with a new engine when people stop buying them / hardware allows them to upgrade cheap.

It's not like their competition look much better due to having to run on shitbox hardware. BF3 on PC smokes them but not on console and that's their market.

Isaccard

What's the consensus on the best anti-aliasing options for the game? I usually just scroll all the way to the right and leave it at that, but I dunno what to do with the TXAA option

V-sync seems to be quite a performance hog. My FPS jumped from 60 to around 100-120 just by disabling that :p

All you did was release the frame rate lock. :|

Dennis

Banned
Can't say I'm surprised. Oh well, at least I can enjoy nice image quality on PC.

I just added it to my cart on Steam mobile. I guess it's only a matter of time until I give in and hit purchase.

Do it.

After a bit of a rough start I am now enjoying the game quite a bit.

DukeSucks

Probably least important question in the thread: how do you change the reticule color? My RDS is obv red, but I changed to the + and it's green

noomi

I don't think the weapon levels are working correctly, or maybe I just don't understand how to level weapons now.

Basically I'm using an assault rifle which I would like to unlock attachments for, but after killing dozens of people in a few rounds with that assault rifle, when I click on attachment the bar is still at weapon level one..... what the hell, I want my ACOG here...

any idea what I'm doing wrong here? How do we level weapons now and get attachments?

Coming from someone who loooooooved MW2 and disappointed with BO...BO2 is amazing online.

I might just get it if someone, like me, loves MW2 and hated BO and says BO2 is good. Mw2 is my favorite COD to play online. Too bad there are a bit too many hackers online.

I have a question. Does BO2 multiplayer have BO1/MW3 connection or is it like COD4/W@W/MW2 connection? What I mean by connection is lag and how the host works.
MW3 and BO chose the average connection as the host but the older three chose the host with the best connection.

grkazan12

For anyone who's playing on the PC version, can you control all of the menus (start,pause,class selection.....) with the 360 controller?

I'm just wondering because BLOPS 1 had a weird issue where not everything was controllable via the 360 controller and it was more of a hybrid between mouse and controller.

knitoe

So overall feeling. It's okay. I am enjoying it. But I seriously feel I'm getting screwed over by connection problems. I shoot people with SO many bullets just for them to turn around and gun me with the quickness. My accuracy is okay as well so I have no idea what it could be. Idk. Idk. Idk.

That's the issue my friends and I had / quit with blops, jump someone, empty clip, only to have the guy turn around and kill you. Hoping, it's just a launch problem and not using the same shitty netcode from first one. I bought the game from newegg so won't know until Thursday.

Madtown_

I might just get it if someone, like me, loves MW2 and hated BO and says BO2 is good. Mw2 is my favorite COD to play online. Too bad there are a bit too many hackers online.

I have a question. Does BO2 multiplayer have BO1/MW3 connection or is it like COD4/W@W/MW2 connection? What I mean by connection is lag and how the host works.
MW3 and BO chose the average connection as the host but the older three chose the host with the best connection.

I am in the same boat. I hated BO after loving MW2, for a variety of reasons.
I'll post my thoughts on the ps3 version later tonight after I get the chance to play it

FStop7

Banned
Felt "good" to jump on Live last night and hear a chorus of homophobic and racial slurs. Home sweet home.

I only played a few rounds and saw just 3 or 4 maps. Not sure what I think yet. Raid seemed OK.

The gun sounds are much improved. The default SMG sounds awesome.

Nuketown is nuketown. Not a big fan but I get the appeal of the chaos and the chance to quickly get a lot of XP.

Hopefully the quality of matches improves once things settle down. I was playing Kill Confirmed and the game was full of people who weren't bothering with tags... why?

For whatever reason I usually find more reliable teams in Ground War.

Oh, and I'll be curious to see how this game sells compared its predecessors. I picked it up from a local Gamestop and there was a line of around 120 people at midnight. That seemed kind of low? They had everyone in line out of there by around 12:45.

Just got it. Was hoping to avoid a line by coming in at 10am but nope...40+ (360)

Funny that 360 was sold out, PC was sold out, and they had an additional 50 copies for PS3.

Loxley

PC version running smooth as butter on my ASUS G35X laptop, overall seems like an excellent port. FOV slider and everything.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So what are the initial impressions of this game? This is the first COD since COD1 that I didn't buy on release date (with the obvious exception of COD3), so I'm kind of interested to see where opinions are falling. At this point I have such extensive COD fatigue that I'm wary to jump into this game.

sgossard

Played an hour before work and I like it a lot so far.

HATE the dubstep-y music everywhere. Honestly, 2 or 3 times I wondered if the sound had glitched but nope, that's just the menus music.

zlatko

Banned
So what are the initial impressions of this game? This is the first COD since COD1 that I didn't buy on release date (with the obvious exception of COD3), so I'm kind of interested to see where opinions are falling. At this point I have such extensive COD fatigue that I'm wary to jump into this game.

I'm in the same boat as you in some respects. From what I've gathered on here and the net, it seems it's good, but not great. It fixes a lot of issues for kill streak problems, but on the flip side I see complaining about the spawn system being atrocious.

I'm also reading networking issues and what seems to be hit detection issues again.

By no means am I convinced to go buy this today...

Tarps

It's definitely still COD, maybe wait a week and check what opinions are like once the polish has rubbed off a little.

FStop7

Banned
Played an hour before work and I like it a lot so far.

HATE the dubstep-y music everywhere. Honestly, 2 or 3 times I wondered if the sound had glitched but nope, that's just the menus music.

MW2 had the best menu music, everything since hasn't been very good.

Korosenai

My friend just got the game but has no idea how to live stream. Could anyone link me to a YouTube video or something so I can help him out?

Was thier any point to pre-order?

Both my 360 case (which I did pre-order for, which Best Buy is gonna send me an email for a code)
and my Ps3 version both say "Nuketown 2025 included!"..

Top Bottom