• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Picked up the game on launch night, decided to do so as I lived pretty close to a Gamestop. I had to wait about 30 minutes in line but it was worth it in the end.

Hell, I haven't even played the game yet. The trip there was just pretty entertaining with my bro.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Was running around and saw this gun that looked cool, picked it up, it had an amazing scope

If you ADS, and keep it on an enemy, a red diamond appears on him and gives your whole team a call out, got +50 Assist, nice!

Hammer24

Banned
How the fuck am I supposed to win this
India/Singapore
missions, where you got to
control the different units via a sattelite uplink
?!
No matter if I go hands off, or micromanaging, they all get overrun too fast. :(

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
How the fuck am I supposed to win this
India/Singapore
missions, where you got to
control the different units via a sattelite uplink
?!
No matter if I go hands off, or micromanaging, they all get overrun too fast. :(

have you tried shooting the bad guys

There's no server browser.

Which might seem like a bad thing right now but when I went to play Black Ops earlier in the year the only server playable was Nuketown 24/7.

So, I'm ok with it.

Can't play tonight because I have to get up in 4 hours for work though. At least it's only 4 hours of work and I can play after.

Azriell

No it's not a fucking overreaction. One of the main points these lying fucks talked about was eliminating quickscoping. It's just as powerful as it's ever been. It is single-handedly the stupidest shit about Call of Duty and the inability of two separate developers to stop it is unbelievable.

I'm pretty annoyed that quickscoping is back as well. They took such a firm stance with it in BO1, and then ended up backing down from it. Someone told me someone at Treyarch said they wanted it to be "like CoD 4", although I don't know what that means since I didn't play CoD 4.

Realyn

Apparently I'm wallhacking because I went 22-2. People keep amazing me every day.

But what I wanted to ask, I keep getting new crosshairs - does anyone know where to change/use them?

Dude early this morning going on about the ps3 version looking like vasolinovision was right. It's running at a lower resolution than 360, just like the first black ops.

This looks like complete dogshit.

Played two matches on PC - got destroyed. First time I'm playing a competitive FPS on PC. Sheesh...

Game looks alright with maxed settings, though.
RzB4I.jpg

0TeGL.jpg

amar212

Eliminating QS would turn-off one enourmous portion of players IMO

Among my friends there are plethora of youngsters that plays only QS, they practice only QS and QS is their only reason to come back to game daily. They are enjoying rant of plahers they kill, share hate-PM and having time of their life. I do not understand it and I do not condone it but I can see the potential importance for actual commercial reach of the series.

Personally, I think QS is bollocks while I agree it really does not do major harm on long-terms because majority of QS people are not as good as YT QS Stars. But it is still bollocks that should be cast out with fire.

Eliminating QS would turn-off one enourmous portion of players IMO
This is my buddy's little bro's bio on Xbox. And I've seen many like it.
"Get on my level!
Check out my youtube: blah
Check out my clan's youtube: blah
Quickscoping
Trickscoping
Kill Feeds"

Apparently, that crap is competitive COD now.
I miss the COD4 days where the base gunplay was competitive enough.

tatsuki

I'm on the 3rd time this game has froze my ps3. I feel this is going to be a common occurrence. Other then that, It's been pretty enjoyable so far.

ohlawd

lttp but I got my PS3 copy. Worst version of the game ftw?

I didn't get shit last year despite lining up so I'm very happy with the free poster and t-shirt this time around :)

Gonna play a couple matches.

Jarmel

Banned
First impressions are pretty negative. MP is better than MW3 but way below the level of Black Ops 1. Maps are too small and the gunplay is quick as fuck. Shit feels like hardcore. This definitely feels more like the successor to MW2 rather than to Black Ops 1.

kyo27

Doesn't look that different from the first game.

SP or MP? The multiplayer looks a lot better than BLOPS1.(I'm on 360 BTW) Haven't tried the single player yet. But BLOPS1 and WaW definitely looked worse than the IW games when it came to MP. BLOPS 2 looks as good if not better to me. It has a different look for sure though. BLOPS 2 is more colorful, almost cartoony while MW3 was darker and grittier.

Just played the PS3 version:

Second players can now pick their own PSN accounts for multiplayer, complete with all of the benefits of the first player such as their own classes and stats.

Despite the fact that the game ran at a lower resolution, it ran completely fine in split-screen and wasn't noticeable. The framerate held up well in split-screen too.

Overall, I'm really happy with the game so far: It feels like an evolution of Black Ops and I'm loving it.

Went to that Spike TV GTTV launch event in Times Square eariler. If anyone saw it, I was the one with a blue hoodie. Got a free dogtag (the ones they sell at Gamestop). Was HOPING for a free copy or BO2 but oh well lol.

That event was my first time playing BO2...and I had a ton of fun.

Learned that Sentry Guns are BEAST, lol. Will be using that often.

It was a pretty cool setup. When I find pictures of it, I'll post them up.

Afterwards, went to my friend's house to pick up my copy and now I'm playing.

Soooo many challenges to complete/things to unlock. I love it. So far, my impressions are pretty positive. Going to bed now, though, since I had a long night...but I'll be up early tomorrow playing for the majority of the day.

SmokeMaxX

Sorry, is it not a competitive FPS? You're competing online against others, are you not? I probably could've just said online FPS or whatever.

Ignore him. He probably sucks at the game. This isn't Mario Kart Wii. You can be dominant in the game even though it encourages equality among newer and veteran players.

Tokubetsu

This has got to be the worst audio mix for a CoD game yet. Everything sounds muffled with the Treyarch's "Intended Mix" save voices. Gunfire especially sounds muffled.

Linkhero1

Went to the Microsoft Store midnight launch and won me a free Xbox 360 Kinect!

On the downside, I'm not digging this game so far. Matches had lots of lag and connection errors.

Top Bottom