• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

SteveWD40

Does combat training have a offline mode where you can actually level up all the way only playing against bots?
Or is this combo bots\real players mode all we get this time around?

No, I asked that guy on Twitter (PCdev), it seems you can use guns you unlock in multi, not sure if you can play the bot modes completely solo though and if so how it does the teams (like CS:GO I assume).

iNvid02

i forgot this game had choices and ended up doing something horrible

fuck, i hope it was inevitable. also going by the SP alone, best call of duty to date

Jakoavain

I haven't found any concrete info regarding offline multiplayer.

Is there any and how many can play simultaneously on a console? Same goes for the zombie mode.

ruxtpin

Banned
Loving the positive impressions. What I'm hearing about the MP is to be expected I think. I can't wait to tear into my copy this evening (hopefully it arrives on time, as it should).

Any XBL gamers here need a - somewhat - decent player on their team, drop an FR to ruxtpin (or PM me your tag)

Nabs

Well alright, my specs are:

AMD Phenom II x4 955 @3.2ghz
MSI Radeon HD 6850 Cyclone factory OC'ed 1GB
8GB RAM DDR3
Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer

Settings: Everything maxed with FXAA off, 2x MSAA and V-Sync off in fullscreen-windowed

The game itself runs with 60fps nearly constantly though when I right-click aim I get a weird stuttering, it's not really that the framerate seems to get lower in a traditional sense but it feels more like frameskip on emulators in regard to mouse-movement. Lowering the DoF setting helps a bit though it's still weird :/ And the second issue I have is that sometimes I feel something like a weird mouse-smoothing going on.

Nothing of it is really game breaking it's just annoying and other than that the game runs like a dream as said :)

I heard there is none multiple times in this thread.

That's depth of field. Lower it and your performance should be fine.

PC, first game of domination... 10-11. Not shabby. 3 QS'ers on the other team, seems VERY VERY VERY EASY. : ( Killcam showed shots not in the same zip code killing me in one hit.

Axial

Just bought a retail copy for PC and Nuketown2025 was allready included, is that normal? I thought the new Nuketown map was supposed to be a preorder bonus.

Effect

For zombies, is there one map that seems designed for beginner play or are they all somewhat equal in difficulty when it comes to the map design?

sikkinixx

Shipping notice YAY

Won't be here until Monday... after Wii U... boo. Guess this will get backburner'd until my new toy fix is had.

That's depth of field. Lower it and your performance should be fine.

Yeah you are right thanks, I lowered it more and it's fine :) Though I really wonder what makes the the Black Ops 2 effect here so demanding because I never had any problem with DoF effects before in any game :/

HiiiLife

Is anyone else struggling online? Haha. I use to go positive all the time in past CoDs but now I'm finding difficult to break even.

Also the FAL seems so damn inconsistent. 2 shots up close. Three or four far away. Two shots far away. Three or four up close. WTF.

Nabs

Yeah you are right thanks, I lowered it more and it's fine :) Though I really wonder what makes the the Black Ops 2 effect here so demanding because I never had any problem with DoF effects before in any game :/

It's a bug that lowers your FPS to 30. I think it's been in other COD titles before.

atomico

What's the consensus on the best anti-aliasing options for the game? I usually just scroll all the way to the right and leave it at that, but I dunno what to do with the TXAA option

V-sync seems to be quite a performance hog. My FPS jumped from 60 to around 100-120 just by disabling that :p

Dennis

Banned
What's the consensus on the best anti-aliasing options for the game? I usually just scroll all the way to the right and leave it at that, but I dunno what to do with the TXAA option

V-sync seems to be quite a performance hog. My FPS jumped from 60 to around 100-120 just by disabling that :p

Off with everything except MSAA x8

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dennis, any significant improvements to the visuals or is it in line with the past few games?

I'm fighting the urge to hit the buy button on Steam right now. I can't remember the last time I dropped $60 on a game but I feel like I'm missing out....

Desaan

Waiting for textures to install on PS3, zzzzzz. Meanwhile, my ears are being raped by dubstep main menu music and I can't find my remote ;_; #1stworldproblems.

Dennis

Banned
Dennis, any significant improvements to the visuals or is it in line with the past few games?

I'm fighting the urge to hit the buy button on Steam right now. I can't remember the last time I dropped $60 on a game but I feel like I'm missing out....

Certainly not better than the first BLOPS. Not terrible but still disappointing since this is the end of 2012.....

HiiiLife

So overall feeling. It's okay. I am enjoying it. But I seriously feel I'm getting screwed over by connection problems. I shoot people with SO many bullets just for them to turn around and gun me with the quickness. My accuracy is okay as well so I have no idea what it could be. Idk. Idk. Idk.

Jburton

Banned

Vsync matches the framerate to the refresh rate of your display, so if your display is 60hz your maximum framerate will be 60fps.

It can be a performance hog if your GPS can't draw frames at the same rate your display refreshes.

All you did was unlock the framerate.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Certainly not better than the first BLOPS. Not terrible but still disappointing since this is the end of 2012.....

Can't say I'm surprised. Oh well, at least I can enjoy nice image quality on PC.

I just added it to my cart on Steam mobile. I guess it's only a matter of time until I give in and hit purchase.

Top Bottom