• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Victrix

*beard*
The ARs are way better at a distance if you aren't running around like a crack monkey

Also if you want to make some SMG users rage, take a shotgun on any map that has good cqc areas. They don't like having their montages interrupted.

RS4-

Can't wait to unlock a burst fire AR. Haven't been a huge fan of full auto ones in a long long time.

Spawning is still shit though from the 10 or so games I've played.

Linkhero1

On that one I'm using the MP7 w/Reflex Sign, the second launcher as a secondary (the one that gets 2 shots but can only lock onto vehicles). For Perks I'm still changing them around a lot as nothing seems to have super clicked for me on those. In previous games I would tend to play fairly safe and would have gone Blind Eye + Cold-Blooded, but I'm going try dropping those and see how that goes. My only concern there is I'm not sure which of those (if either) prevents you from showing up to the Hunter Killers, which at least right now seem to be going up constantly so that might be a problem.

Really though it's mainly just for whatever reason the MP7 feels way better than the second SMG, at least for me personally. I just unlocked the third SMG, I'll give that a go as well. AR-wise I really haven't found anything that clicked for me yet though. The starting one seemed meh, the Type 25 seems alright, but I don't like the third one (not a big fan of burst fire weapons). I think for the ARs unlocking scopes and other things is going to make much more of a difference, and I think I may just need to try sticking with it long enough to see if any of the attachments make it click for me.

At medium range AR users are usually out-gunning me if I have an SMG. It's first-day so it's hard to call anything, but right now they seem fine to me.

Edit: Also, I HATE the multiplayer match announcer :(

The irony. I feel exactly the same way about everything regarding this game you do. Nothing has clicked with me at all yet. Even the preset loadouts haven't worked well for me. Guess I'll continue to play and see if anything works out for me. I want to enjoy this game, but I'm finding it difficult with myself being frustrated.

Tokubetsu

My president is black, my jeans are black and Call of Duty is too.

ifzR5imfe0mYy.gif

I'm getting this for Wii U. It's not the wait to play it that's driving me crazy, but all the mixed impressions.

I'm hearing a lot of stuff I don't like, such as "Gameplay is hectic and more fast-paced." and "Maps are tiny."

But then I'm hearing "Maps have better flow than MW3." and "If you hated MW3 and liked Blops 1, you'll like this." which makes me happy.

I just want a game with some strategery and an ability to play zones with an AR in addition to the people running around crazy with SMGs.

I'm also really debating Prestige. I really think the unlocking system is the worst thing to add to a competitive game, so I normally never Prestige. But if the final Prestige unlocks EVERYTHING, my OCD might not be able to compete with that.

jiggles

Banned
This campaign.

I... can't... I just can't...

I made it to freeing Woods from the container on the barge, and I'm done.

I used to love the popcorn ridiculousness of Call of Duty campaigns. Spec Ops: The Line has ruined everything. I can't enjoy this anymore.

Thank fuck MP's still a blast.

Tokubetsu

This campaign.

I used to love the popcorn ridiculousness of Call of Duty campaigns. Spec Ops: The Line has ruined everything. I can't enjoy this anymore.

It gets significantly better. The future stuff is a lot better than the past shit.

I was really getting my ass handed to me in mutli so I retreated to single player, that first futuristic missions was awesome, and very pretty.

Tarps

GAF: Call of Duty is such a fucking cash grab for Activision, it's the same damn game every year with a new name.

Other GAF: I loved Call of Duties 1, 4, 6, 8, 14, 16, & 17, but I hated Call of Duties 3, 7, 9, & 22.

It's called iterative design. Let's be grown up, we all know the score here.

Reznor's theme is the very definition of "bland." Waste of good talent. Interested in hearing the rest of the music from Jack Wall, but that was supremely disappointing.

Jack_AG

Banned
This campaign.

I was in the same boat as you (pun intended) but I pushed through and there are some choice moments to be had. I was gleefully impressed. Not amazing - but very fun - mostly the 2025 levels.

I told you guys MP was disappointing. The worst in the series by far, first only to MW3 which is actually passable compared to this. I'm level 40 now and it has not been fun at all.

Jack_AG

Banned
I told you guys MP was disappointing. The worst in the series by far, first only to MW3 which is actually passable compared to this. I'm level 40 now and it has not been fun at all.
Some people find it enjoyable. Not everyone shares your experience. I haven't played enough to make a decision yet. Almost done with SP then off to shoot zombies with a few buds later.

Fantasmo

Map quality rating please.

BLOPS was functional, but the maps seemed to lack character for me. Is this still the case?

Maps have character and are very functional. Gunplay is tight. Theatre mode doesn't seem to be killing latency. I hated MW3, liked Black Ops a lot, loved MW2. I like this better than all of them.

Man, I get home to finally play some BO2 and the update has been stuck near the end.

In the last hours, it went from 88 to 96% but now it stopped again.

I wanna play :(

Then why are you still playing it?

Not to be a dick, but if I wasn't having fun, I wouldn't play it for hours to get to level 40.

I am trying so hard to stick with it and get some enjoyment out of a game I have been looking forward to since it was an announced. I wanted an updated prettier version of the original Blops. I didn't get that.

I already know I will move on from this game soon. I have tried so hard it's just not clicking.

BSsBrolly

Banned
As fas as SMG's go, I feel like they've gotten better with each unlock. I'm up to the Vector and so far, I feel like it's the best. Vector (good medium range and up close) >Pmwhatever it's called (good at medium range)=MP7 (good up close).

the multiplayer, I like it :3 the hit detection is spot on and it's actually fun to play! unlike so many other multiplayers that came out this year. we'll see how things go after a couple of months but if it's this smooth now I don't really see them fucking shit up down the line. I haven't even touched zombies yet. O.O They do need to tweak the spawns a little bit but aside from that it's been pretty chill.

tatsuki

Can't wait to unlock a burst fire AR. Haven't been a huge fan of full auto ones in a long long time.

Just keep using any assault rifle until you unlock the select fire attachment. I'm pretty sure all assault rifles in the game can be burst.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The CS player in me is really bothered by the complete lack of recoil most guns seem to have. Is it just me? Bear in mind I haven't touched a CoD game for very long since CoD4.

Mr.Fresh

I'm fighting the urge to buy this so bad right now since I have 2 tests and a presentation on Thursday but I might say fuck it and give in! Is the game better then the original black ops?

MrDaravon

Got a Guardian from a Care Package drop on Aftermath in Domination, and just set it up on that side path right next to B facing where their team filtered into B from the middle. Do Guardians stay up forever? That thing was there the entire second round just completely fucking them.

So to expand on my last post which came from my phone between a HC S+D round (still the best way to play the game) so far the MP is probably my third favourite of the franchise. Nowhere near as good as COD 4 and MW2, but it's miles better than any other Treyarch game so far and also MW3.

Map design is great.

aku:jiki

I can't dive into BO2 yet due to a networking issue in my home, so I've been playing the only one I can play, MW2, in preparation. And, man, it's so sad that they ditched the near-perfect netcode in this game. Hit detection and lag compensation are amazing, which isn't a surprise since it's code partially worked on by based god Carmack, but it just feels so god damn good to play. Too bad all the noobtubes and tactical knives and commando pro and other bullshit feels really bad. :(

Also, if any CoD GAF bros happen to be networking wizards, I could use help over in this thread.

Liquid and a few others had me worried there for a second but I am liking the multiplayer so far, I'm doing too well with hip fire with submachine guns though, that definitely needs a nerf. But so far there isn't any glaring issues. Online is butter smooth, hit detection is good. I'm happy.

My hands are tired, been playing since 12.00.

Toski

Who the fuck at Treyarch thought that making ghost a lv.55 perk was a good idea? They had almost everything perfect with perks/ gun unlocks in BO1 that BO2 is 2 steps back of BO1.

atomico

You run into some guys
speaking portuguese, and your buddy asks "what are cubans doing here?"

I really hope that was a joke (or the dude's clairvoyant), 'cause otherwise, that's pretty damn ignorant

Edit: The rest of the soldiers are speaking spanish. This is weird. I'll add a spoiler tag just in case this is story related, but this is about 15 minutes into the game

Top Bottom