• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

I haven't played CoD since MW2 and the thing that really gets me is that running around with a pistol trying to knife people is still a thing people do despite there not even being a commando perk anymore. I just don't get it sometimes.

amar212

Lack of Team Tactical is driving me mad.

I just can't play chaos with 6vs6 players, while novelty of Team matches 3 vs3vs3 simply adds too much to chaos.

Game is too good but it needs Team Tactical ASAP

Shadybiz

I was on my way to Target with my son, and the GameStop next door had a line of 15 people out the door, waiting to pick up Black Ops 2. In Target, they had the game everywhere; tons of copies, including a whole end cap devoted to it at the registers. When I left an hour later, the line at GameStop was still out the door. Why do people do this to themselves?

It's a good question. I think that originally, the preorder bonuses were vague. I know they had me under the impression that Nuketown 2025 would be a code that ONLY preorders would get. I don't know if it was that way and they changed it, or if they stayed vague on purpose like that, but it was enough to get me to preorder. Now it seems that every first run copy has the code. I was in line for about 25 minutes..no big deal.

edit: that said, I can't play until Thursday, because I'm studying for a test, and have to be good. Urrrghh..

Ryck

I am really enjoying the online so far, I am better when I sit back a bit. I noticed when I rush is when I get into to trouble, loving the Type 25 so far.

Also here is my first attempt at a custom emblem, not as good as my original Blops one but yeah.

IMG_3039.jpg

Is there a real UAV jammer?

Ghost - Enemy UAV can't detect you while moving
Blind Eye - Undetectable by AI air.
Cold Blooded - Makes you immune to enemy targeting like MMS and may be enemy controlled air support killstreaks.

Also sucks that Fast Hands can't reload your ammunition faster but they can call in killstreaks much quicker.

what is this I'm hearing about UAV always being on? Does the game do that or are people just referring to everyone easily getting the UAV and activating it, hence making it "online all the time"?

Well basically they are easy to get, especially if you have Hardline on. Not to mention that there is no proper UAV jammer anymore.

Ghost does give you some protection only if you are moving but that unlocks at level 55.

Out of curiosity, will you get enough tokens by max level to unlock all the guns, perks, streaks etc. in the game?

I think the answer is no.

This is pretty terrible as someone that doesn't like to Prestige. All this unlocking garbage just discourages players from experimenting.

"Pick Ten" seems to be a cool opportunity to experiment with new classes, and then they pull stuff like this and forcing you to painfully unlock attachments for each gun. The minute an FPS starts with everything unlocked (as well as a version with pointer-aiming), I'm jumping ship.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, one question, what the hell was the whole "Pre-order by this date to be in group 1" thing for if we didn't get anything extra? Would have bought at Best Buy if I'd have known that was a load of nothing.

Hm. Me and some buddies just hopped on but we keep getting a message saying the servers are currently down and we can't get to multiplayer screen.

20 hours is not that long? Not to mention silencers are another 2 or 3 hours of gun leveling for ARs.

Considering how much people play this game... no I don't think 20 hours is that long, and Im thinking it will be more like 10-15 hours considering it took about 20 hours for level 80 in MW3... I fully expect to see a ton of first prestige by the end of the night.

Loxley

Just a heads up and a little warnin:

There will never be another cod 4. They cant and wont recreate that feeling again. When it comes to cod never have high expectations .

Yep. In order for them to go back to the ways of CoD4, they'd have to completely remove 90% of the "scorestreaks" and make'em killstreaks again, remove 90% of the unlockable weapon attachments and bring it down to just RDS/ACOG, Grip, Grenade Launcher.

Also, I really wish they'd bring back some larger maps :( Or at the very least maps that weren;t so damn crowded. Something along the lines of Overgrown, Pipeline or Broadcast. Hell, World at War had some of the largest maps of the franchise (Downfall, Outskirts, and Seelow) and most of them were kick-ass.

CoD4 was so close to being a perfect experience for me it's almost funny in hindsight. Take away Stopping Power, Juggernaut, and 3x Frag and you've already solved most of the problems people had with it. Unfortunately, as you said, it'll never happen again. Every entry in the franchise has to have more killstreaks, more weapon attachments, and a shorter campaign.

Considering how much people play this game... no I don't think 20 hours is that long, and Im thinking it will be more like 10-15 hours considering it took about 20 hours for level 80 in MW3... I fully expect to see a ton of first prestige by the end of the night.

Not all of us poopsock the game. I don't play these games thousands of hours. I play like 50-100, depending. I don't want a quarter of my time wasted.

What's the point of even locking it back? It's not balanced in a gameplay sense, since functionality hasn't been changed. All it does is create this short window where no one has it, and people that want it are pissed off.

Realyn

Oooh, Hardcore FFA is amazing. The amount of people who called me a hacker even two hours after the game has launched on PC.

edit: and the MSMC is by far the best SMG imho.

Loving this game so far. Crazy maps! If there is one complaint that I have it's that why the fuck does it take so long to level up weapons gaddamn. I want my supressor already.

Spookie

What the fuck is this outro video. Holy shit, where did this come from, am I dreaming? Oh fuck game redeemed.

PS: Woods is a hero.

I guess they couldn't afford second takes from Sam Worthington, eh?

Mission 3 spoilers:

he's not even trying to hide his accent anymore, and did he just call the chopper a "hinned"? Isn't it hind as in hindquarter?

TxdoHawk

I was stuck on a story mission and decided to play some multiplayer, but...I guess not! I'll just listen to the multiplayer menu music until it comes back up then.

WUB WUB WUB WUB WUBWUBWUBWOBWOBWOB

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
WTF

When I am party leader this game boots me out in the middle of a match. Happened 3 times in the last hour.

This is really getting annoying.

Well, I double dipped. Got it for 360 to play with buddies, but I really wanted to play the PC version this go around, so figured that when Im by myself, Ill roll with that.

Get home after being out all day, 360 version is down. Fine, go play some PC version with the XB360 controller. Wowza, with no autoaim, my k/d is just abysmal. Some of these encounters Im having, they must be thinking Im playing with my feet.... drunk. I know I need to move over to the KBM, but I got a decade of console only in me. Thats going to be one hard transition.

Also - shows my NAT as moderate on XBL, although my router is fine, everything is setup correctly, and others games show it as open.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So the servers being down is annoying, a bunch of us had started playing, do we know why yet?

Maybe a plug somewhere has come our or something, I guess I would understand if this was CoD1 or something, but as the like 9th main line game and like 5th big title of recent years they shouldn't be having these problems.

Top Bottom