• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Dante316

Started sucking with haymaker so switched to weevil and doing way better. Can't wait to unlock Argus though. Tried it once through pickup goddammit it was fun.

Menthuss

What the fuck is even happening?? People say COD games are supposed to be easy yet I've never even once ended a BO3 match with a positive K/D. If it's not people with inhuman reflexes that drop me within 250 milliseconds of me rounding a corner (not even exaggerating) I get repeatedly killed by ridiculously OP killstreaks.

Klyka

Banned
Do you guys have certain go to loadouts for certain maps?

Or just general loadouts you always use?

Do you guys switch loadouts a lot in one round or just play with one through it?

What the fuck is even happening?? People say COD games are supposed to be easy yet I've never even once ended a BO3 match with a positive K/D. If it's not people with inhuman reflexes that drop me within 250 milliseconds of me rounding a corner (not even exaggerating) I get repeatedly killed by ridiculously OP killstreaks.

The games are easy to pick up and play, no one said they are easy to do well in against other players though.
I mean,by now there are people out there who played CoD ALL OF THEIR LIFE. You don't just stack up to that.

jorgejjvr

Sent you both a request. alpinestars1980

Thank you, accepted!!

And for everyone, I play mostly at nights, and Domination, and I'm pretty good :p

If you would like to add me and get in parties please do so, psn: jorgejjvr

Anyone want to set up something tonight? I will probably be online at around 11pm-12:00 am or so.

Raptor

I went 35/50 or something and I feel proud of my many kills lol.

Usually I am like 15/25

lol

Thank you, accepted!!

And for everyone, I play mostly at nights, and Domination, and I'm pretty good :p

Anyone want to set up something tonight? I will probably be online at around 11pm-12:00 am or so.

If you dont mind someone that aint that good and plays for fun can I add you?

That's pretty much my experience...and I've been playing on and off since BO II came out. Some people are just ungodly good at these games. I just try to have fun and not pay attention to the .23 K/D I'm getting every time.

But at least I'm good at shooting UAVs out of the sky!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
LOL @ the story so far. Just finished the first stage. Treyarch is still the best of the three to me but this campaign looks like it's about to be some foolishness.

It goes bananas but one of the later missions is definitely one of the best in the entire series.

Nokterian

I find it funny that in every match i am the only one shooting counter uav and uav out of the air but i don't mind since that is a easy way to get points.

EL CUCO

I wish Treyarch would fix this friends list already. Super annoying have to go through PSN just to see who's playing

Falchion

Whoever first mentioned using the Gorgon to shoot down scorestreaks, you're amazing. I started doing that and it's so easy, especially since I just unlocked the FMJ.

Thank you, accepted!!

Awesome, thanks!

I play at nights, too. I usually only play TDM (have roughly a 2.5KDR) but I could give Domination a try. One thing is for sure. Whatever I'm playing I play it competitively.

Oh, dang, you're on really late, haha.

I'll probably have to catch you on during the weekends when I put in really late nights.

ncslamm

I got the Dingo Gold yesterday and now i'm moving on to the 48 Dredge. The Dredge is great in medium-long range but you have to be super accurate and quick in close range to get kills. I love the Dingo and generally maintain a 2.0 KD with over 2 minutes in hill on Hardpoint with it. My games with the Dredge so far have been hit or miss but I'm sure I'll get used to it on my way to get the gold camo.

jorgejjvr

Awesome, thanks!

I play at nights, too. I usually only play TDM (have roughly a 2.5KDR) but I could give Domination a try. One thing is for sure. Whatever I'm playing I play it competitively.

Oh, dang, you're on really late, haha.

I'll probably have to catch you on during the weekends when I put in really late nights.
Yeah, it's because I work too much lol, I also have plans tonight. Other nights, I'm usually online at 8 pm.

I'm also very competitive, I prefer Dom because tdm is camp heaven. In Dom you can get a lot of kills and you have objectives. Also, the spawns are so much better, either A or C, your Dom spot. Simple. Tdm spawns are crazy. I love having an objective, you can also get a lot of scores from flags

Raptor

I can't kill ANYONE with that thing.

I shoot into entire groups of enemies and none of them even get hit :(

lol.

When I did kill someone it exploded in body parts and blood that I bursted laughing and got killed :(

Damn it, why cant let me having some fun lol.

I've always said that for absolute FPS beginners, CoD is the hardest game to get into. CoD has the lowest skill gap, moderate player do the best here, but if you're someone who can barely aim, you'll die constantly. This is anecdotal, but I've tried to get a couple people who never really played shooters before into some, and they did better in halo than CoD; which I'm assuming is partly due to the slower pace and higher health there.

mackattk

This is how bad I am at this game...

I haven't had a killstreak reward yet. Not even a damn UAV

[/SPOILER]

I hear you... I barely get score streaks. I probably need to get some perks if I want to use the streaks. I have killed 3-4 people in a row, and in the past that is usually enough for a UAV, but in this game if you don't have perks you need to kill 5-6.

Stitch

Gold Member
God, Demon Within is a terrible "mission". It's boring, annoying and doesn't fucking end.
Can't believe that this was done by Treyarch. Their other campaigns were awesome but this one is so lame :/

It does cap it quite a bit faster. 3 people on the point cap it super quick compared to 1 guy.

Ah, okay, I'm probably just bad at judging the time during battle. So there really isn't much excuse for running past an uncaptured/enemy point unless you're trying to set up a defense or going for another point.

test_account

XP-39C²
I just beat the campaign solo on Luck difficulty, AKA Realistic difficulty, hehe :p Seriously though, its much about luck. Sometimes the enemies will kill you really quickly, while other times they wont. Definitelly the hardest CoD campaign, as far as i can remember. Probably took me 10+ hours and i died hundreds of times.

Also a bit pity that the local and online single player portion are seperated from eachother. I started playing local because i didnt want to wait for the patch to download before i could play. Oh well, maybe i'll coop the campaign online :)

Does the grip make a noticeable difference? I've been running quickdraw on it instead because it's accuracy is already so high.

Paired with high caliber it really helps for distance encounters where you usually only have someones head/shoulders popping out above cover at a capture point or something. With that gun i'm usually ADS already so quick draw is only reserved for SMGs for me... personally. I also pre-fire a lot and that helps with making the quick draw on an assault rifle a worthless (depending on playstyle) attachment.

The stock on the other hand... very nice for ADS strafing and moving while firing!

Jblanks

Yea I really need some attachment breakdown videos. I usually use grip on all my guns, but I want to see how much of a difference it makes. Same with long barrel.

j-wood

Is it possible to change your firing mode on your weapon in single player? Can't seem to figure out how, and it looks like there are icons for it above your special ability.

Yeah, it's because I work too much lol, I also have plans tonight. Other nights, I'm usually online at 8 pm.

I'm also very competitive, I prefer Dom because tdm is camp heaven. In Dom you can get a lot of kills and you have objectives. Also, the spawns are so much better, either A or C, your Dom spot. Simple. Tdm spawns are crazy. I love having an objective, you can also get a lot of scores from flags

Ah, gotcha.

I hear ya. I'll give Dom a go.

Concept17

This is how bad I am at this game...

I haven't had a killstreak reward yet. Not even a damn UAV

Is it

Bastogne with zombies?

I was struggling as well. Still kind of am. Usually destroy in any FPS, but this game is giving me troubles. To the point that I'm questioning whether or not my age is the problem.

However, I realized sitting way back on my couch, chilling isn't the best way to go about playing this game. Pulled a chair up closer to my TV and started doing soooo much better. :p I think my 2 year hiatus from competitive games wasn't a great idea.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone expect the PS4 version of Black Ops 3 to be cheaper than $53, as it is on Amazon right now, within a week or two? I really want to get it and don't feel like waiting, but will wait if it can get cheaper in that time frame.

Top Bottom