• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Agree about combine. I play it 70% of the time. Ridiculous considering there are ten maps.

Played HC tdm today and really love the slower more cautious pace.

Love the Drakon in hardcore. It's very poor in standard though.

Detox

Most maps in CoD have always used the 3 lanes approach. All Black Ops games have, as well as most maps in the MW series.

I guess you can draw 3 lanes on the maps but in this game they feel much less natural. Like the designers drew a box in the middle and then two ways to flank round the back. There's no real areas to hold your position in except the two high building they place in the middle overlooking the B flag from both sides. Maps in the older games involved more map control and the game had a better pace due to it, perhaps this has to do with size, these maps feel a bit more constricted.

I'm mainly playing on PC and the only playlists with a decent population are domination and TD. I've stuck to domination and the rule of 3 lanes feels especially prescribed in that mode.

jorgejjvr

Well, I have to say that I'm a fan of the 3 lane system for maps

As well as most of the maps in this game

Way better than anything AW and ghosts had to offer in my opinion

And hijacked is pretty much back.... Can't wait

I think Treyarch's approach to the maps makes them all very solid and consistent, but just as you don't get any super awful maps you also don't get any amazing all time great ones like Overgrown and Crash.

Nokterian

Whyyy do people do combine every single time on kill confirmed i want something else than that. Also i dislike redwood a lot now..it looks beautiful but that is one map i despise to play i love almost all maps but those 2 at the moment i do not want to play them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Whyyy do people do combine every single time on kill confirmed i want something else than that. Also i dislike redwood a lot now..it looks beautiful but that is one map i despise to play i love almost all maps but those 2 at the moment i do not want to play them.

People have short attention spans so they always vote the smallest map. If they go 10 seconds without seeing an enemy they probably leave a match.

thejpfin

Well, I have to say that I'm a fan of the 3 lane system
Same. I've always liked 3 lane system what treyarch uses in their maps, it works imo.

Though I would love too see some WaW open maps to get remaked to Blops 3, like Downfall. That would be a great safeguard map.

Xater

There's one map I actually don't mind playing over and over

And that's Hunted

Yes, Hunted is a great map. Good design, looks nice and has a decent size.

I am on board with all this combine hate. Fuck these small and boxy maps. They don't leave enough variety of play and are just for the run and gunners.

jorgejjvr

Well it's better than a select few going around and abusing it right?

Now everyone can be on equal footing, and they'll get around to fixing it quicker.
Yeah I guess, I'll be playing in 5 minutes

Edit: just got a pstv, gonna try to see if it's possible to do two players on both tvs

Fbh

Finally dicided to give this game a chance.
So far it's pretty fun. I sucked really badly the first few days but now that I'm more familiar with some of the maps I'm starting to do better.

Only thing I don't like so far is that it seems to obsession of the COD community to stick to 1/2 maps is still there (haven't played COD in quite a while). Literally 3 out of every 5 games I play are on Combine. Which is a shame because I'm liking all the maps but there are some I've only played in once or twice.

Weapon variety is also pretty good and so far it seems rather balanced to me. Except one shotgun user I encountered, I don't know which shotgun he was using but it seemed OP as fuck. He was on shot killing people at mid range, shotguns should only one shot kill at very close range IMO.

Spizz

Banned
Going to play now guys

Strange... Not finding games
Yeah this is weird...

Only thing I don't like so far is that it seems to obsession of the COD community to stick to 1/2 maps is still there (haven't played COD in quite a while). Literally 3 out of every 5 games I play are on Combine. Whih is a shame because I'm liking all the maps but there are some I've only played in once or twice.
It's quite annoying, I remember after two games in a row the map couldn't be voted for again. Not sure why they got rid of that.

Quite the interesting game I had. You guys should take a look:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dRyy6neKndw

I went 83-8, and earned two Motherships (although sadly for some reason the video didn't manage to pick up footage of me earning the first Mothership).

Anyway, would anyone like to add me on PSN? I'm looking to form full parties of GAF players (I primarily play Domination).

I guess you can draw 3 lanes on the maps but in this game they feel much less natural. Like the designers drew a box in the middle and then two ways to flank round the back. There's no real areas to hold your position in except the two high building they place in the middle overlooking the B flag from both sides. Maps in the older games involved more map control and the game had a better pace due to it, perhaps this has to do with size, these maps feel a bit more constricted.

I'm mainly playing on PC and the only playlists with a decent population are domination and TD. I've stuck to domination and the rule of 3 lanes feels especially prescribed in that mode.
It was the same in BO2. It was one of the reasons I didn't take to many of the maps.

There is very little in the way of disused space by people. It is strictly 3 lanes meaning you have a hard time properly flanking or getting in behind because you can't progress down the sides because you're still going head-on as they're busy lanes.

Spizz

Banned
We had a party of 4 that joined a game no problem, and I notice Jorge is in a game right now with 4. Maybe it's just a problem with full parties right now.

I think matchmaking is broken/over subscribed.

I've had shit all day, when finding a game - and this is solo - it isn't finding 50 matches to join like normal, only a handful and takes longer to join them.

And it isn't like everyone's buggered off to Nuk3town as the same happens there.

I think matchmaking is broken/over subscribed.

I've had shit all day, when finding a game - and this is solo - it isn't finding 50 matches to join like normal, only a handful and takes longer to join them.

And it isn't like everyone's buggered off to Nuk3town as the same happens there.

Been on pretty much 24/7 ps4 since 2xp started. no lag at all or trouble joining games

jorgejjvr

We had a party of 4 that joined a game no problem, and I notice Jorge is in a game right now with 4. Maybe it's just a problem with full parties right now.
Hmm.. That would be strange, I'll try inviting again

DAMN, I tried hardcore for that B and we still lost

Edit: yikes... Yeah seems like issue with full lobby

Someone will have to leave..

Edit2: seems like it finally worked!

Been on pretty much 24/7 ps4 since 2xp started. no lag at all or trouble joining games
Yeah I'm not getting laggy games, it is just not finding 50 games and insta-joining, finds like 3-7 and takes a second or two to join.

Not terrible, obviously - but that's just me soloing, if someones getting same issue I am getting today but in a large party then the small amount of matches found might be an issue to find a lobby with space.

Rixxan

Quite the interesting game I had. You guys should take a look:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dRyy6neKndw

I went 83-8, and earned two Motherships (although sadly for some reason the video didn't manage to pick up footage of me earning the first Mothership).

Anyway, would anyone like to add me on PSN? I'm looking to form full parties of GAF players (I primarily play Domination).

if you go back into theater mode you should be able to play the game in its entirety, and try recording again after the playback completes

sometimes it happens to be where ill share, and itll only capture a portion, and ill have to attempt to do it again

jorgejjvr

Someone on the enemy team went 0-25...

Btw TheGoreMagala (my brother) finally got his account approved!

Edit: and now someone went 1-27

How??

Top Bottom