• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Spizz

Banned
What would you guys recommend as a good 3rd scorestreak? Usually I roll UAV, C-UAV, and Wraith. I'm not too fond of the Wraith anymore, I used to like the Talon quite a bit. Are RAPS any good for a 3rd pick?

What would you guys recommend as a good 3rd scorestreak? Usually I roll UAV, C-UAV, and Wraith. I'm not too fond of the Wraith anymore, I used to like the Talon quite a bit. Are RAPS any good for a 3rd pick?

I like the Cerberus a lot, works great on maps with long sightlines

As soon as I can I make a Drakon + FMJ + Rapid Fire class.

Never had the need to down a Mothership, but it takes a full mag and a couple extra to get rid of a RAPS ship.

It is much quicker than Blackcell.
Use the annihilator if you have it. It takes down Raps and wraiths really easily.

Had an enemy call in a mother ship (first time I've seen one in a public game) yesterday but my annihilator was only half way charged. Damnit. I really want to see if it can take it down.

Use the annihilator if you have it. It takes down Raps and wraiths really easily.

Had an enemy call in a mother ship (first time I've seen one in a public game) yesterday but my annihilator was only half way charged. Damnit. I really want to see if it can take it down.
I wonder how the sparrow fares against shooting down those streaks.

Lulubop

Kinda lame, but any youtubers to watch? I used to watch a ton of commentators in the MW2 days, the last Call I really got into. It seems these days actually pros are who everyone watches, and they're pretty annoying from what I've seen.

Repo Man

The HVK-30 is truly an underrated weapon in my opinion. I love that gun.

Thats gonna be my next gun to test, keep getting killed by it quite a bit so it can't be all shit right ?

Never tried Gorgon untill just now and man that thing kicks ass! I love it! I was having a bit of a bad run during these holidays where I was struggling to kill a damn thing but once I laid my hands on the Gorgon its like being reborn again. My main issue has been that while I can easily hit things, it simply feels like I get plenty of hits in but my opponents just will not die no matter what but now its as if order has been restored! :p

I wonder how the sparrow fares against shooting down those streaks.
Don't know. Never tried. I wonder the same about the tempest.

Kinda lame, but any youtubers to watch? I used to watch a ton of commentators in the MW2 days, the last Call I really got into. It seems these days actually pros are who everyone watches, and they're pretty annoying from what I've seen.
You could try Drift0r. He's pretty laid back when it comes to playing. He has some streams posted on his channel.

Thats gonna be my next gun to test, keep getting killed by it quite a bit so it can't be all shit right ?

Never tried Gorgon untill just now and man that thing kicks ass! I love it! I was having a bit of a bad run during these holidays where I was struggling to kill a damn thing but once I laid my hands on the Gorgon its like being reborn again. My main issue has been that while I can easily hit things, it simply feels like I get plenty of hits in but my opponents just will not die no matter what but now its as if order has been restored! :p
The Gorgon was really good. They unnecessarily nerfed it though. It's still a solid gun however. Pro tip: Suppressors totally fuck over LMG's (which is total bullshit) but the Gorgon will still kill in two shots if you hit a body, and a headshot or two headshots, outside of the tiny range that the suppressor doesn't fuck it over on. Still, the Gorgon is probably the weapon I have the second most kills with, I think.

The HVK-30 really is good.

Lulubop

Don't know. Never tried. I wonder the same about the tempest.

You could try Drift0r. He's pretty laid back when it comes to playing. He has some streams posted on his channel.

Yea, I watch stuff and Thunder still. It's a shame Chrissmoove doesn't play CoD any more.

Hellstorms and Darts can effectively take things out with one collision (the Dart may take many missiles to destroy some of the higher streaks, but I know only the Dart itself without missiles can take down a Wraith). Obviously the Hellstorm has to remain as one big missile.

j-wood

So I just beat the campaign.

I also just finished reading Taylors journal. I have to say...I REALLY enjoyed that. So if I have this right, the first mission is actually the most recent, and all of the missions that follow are from Taylor's past, leading up to when he was augmented and joined the black ops crew (subsequently going on that first mission)? That's pretty crazy.

I also had a STUPID bug though that really pisses me off. I was at the halfway point yesterday and just played through all the remaining missions but...I didn't get any trophies. Looking at the mission list, I have green check boxes down to hypocenter, and then grey ones after the rest. But I did get the trophy for beating the game. WTF.

Do you think that they will give Nuketown 3 away for free to everyone like Nuketown 2, or do you think they'll charge for it and make it dead like the Pipeline remake Atlas Gorge in AW?

Atlas Gorge was the best map in the game.

See, I'd like to see some COD4 remakes for BO3. I think Pipeline was a fantastic map that had EVERYTHING: long sights, CQC, awesome high spots, stealthy tunnels and catwalks. That map was a joy to play on S&D. I assume Nuk3town will be free. No way would they split the community for one map.

I used my Annihilator at full to take down a Mothership. I do believe it was hit with at most 2 rockets though.

I'm not a big fan of how quickly streaks get taken down. It seems to me that some players run around with a rocket as their secondary, and are always swatting down the basic streaks. I wish I could use some kind of perk to give my non-lethal streaks (UAV/CUAV) the temporary stealth the Wraith has.

Coming off of games like Battlefield, it's really lame to me that they have lock-on rockets.

I only watched one guy, all the way back in COD4 days when commentating was never a big thing. BlameTruth. He's back now.

So I just beat the campaign.

I also just finished reading Taylors journal. I have to say...I REALLY enjoyed that. So if I have this right, the first mission is actually the most recent, and all of the missions that follow are from Taylor's past, leading up to when he was augmented and joined the black ops crew (subsequently going on that first mission)? That's pretty crazy.

I also had a STUPID bug though that really pisses me off. I was at the halfway point yesterday and just played through all the remaining missions but...I didn't get any trophies. Looking at the mission list, I have green check boxes down to hypocenter, and then grey ones after the rest. But I did get the trophy for beating the game. WTF.

I believe the second mission is the most recent, in which Taylor tries to train and recruit you before surgery. However, by the end of the second mission, you don't survive the surgery. Every mission after that is a figment of the player's dying dream, where the player's brain is trying to make sense of everything that is happening (death) and this tries to put reason into everything by imitating Taylor's life and creating the imaginary Corvus AI so that the dying dream has some sort of plot (since the player takes the role of Taylor, Taylor becomes Dylan stone, the traitorous soldier that was mentioned in Taylor's journal). Finally, since the player takes Taylor's role, it is why he calls himself that at the end of the game. With the plot finished and everything making sense (to a dying brain), it is possible that the player dies the moment the credits start. The mirror scene in the final level (where you move your hand and it switches from Taylor to the player many times), is when you're supposed to understand that you have been living his memories.

j-wood

I believe the second mission is the most recent, in which Taylor tries to train and recruit you before surgery. However, by the end of the second mission, you don't survive the surgery. Every mission after that is a figment of the player's dying dream, where the player's brain is trying to make sense of everything that is happening (death) and this tries to put reason into everything by imitating Taylor's life and creating the imaginary Corvus AI so that the dying dream has some sort of plot (since the player takes the role of Taylor, Taylor becomes Dylan stone, the traitorous soldier that was mentioned in Taylor's journal). Finally, since the player takes Taylor's role, it is why he calls himself that at the end of the game. With the plot finished and everything making sense (to a dying brain), it is possible that the player dies the moment the credits start. The mirror scene in the final level (where you move your hand and it switches from Taylor to the player many times), is when you're supposed to understand that you have been living his memories.

Right. I don't get the hate. I really enjoyed that campaign.

Wasn't the first one all real occurrences, but Viktor was a fake implant?

I guess you are right, I haven't played the campaign to BLOPS in quite a long time.

Still, the campaign to III just feels like a disjointed mess for 99% and then they explain it and you're supposed to go 'oooooh.'

How do I check my longest streak?

Barracks.

Edit (Campaign stuff):
It does connect to Black Ops 2. At the beginning of the first mission it mentions how there are a ton of Anti-Air guns and that soldiers/robots on the ground have become the new normal. This is because of Raul Menendez and his incident when he took control over drones. That incident is why there aren't many aircraft and why they rely on drones and augmented soldiers.

I usually ran HATR, RAPS and Wraith but I decided to go lower with streaks. Now I run guardian, sentry and talon for defense purposes.

With Ante up, overclock and combat focus, I can get them fairly quick.

Have a guardian protect one lane so they are forced to come though the other 2. Use a sentry to watch over B flag and one (or 2) talons to protect myself, teammates and flags.

I still think it's crazy you can call in 2 talons lol. My goal is always get 2 guardians, 2 sentry guns and 2 talons in a match. If not, one of each can still do damage if placed correctly.

Not seeing it in barracks. Best I see is merciless medal

That means that the best you've done is [insert number here] merciless medal(s).

It sucks since the game only records gun streaks. So whenever you get a game with a lot of kills your best bet is to just record it or screenshot it.

Anyone else just love running around like a nut with a handgun? I'm having a blast with the RK5 and whenever I have it unlocked, the L-Car 9. Haven't had much luck with the MR6 though.

I've never been a fan of sniping in CoDs, but I made a sniper/handgun class because it actually feels rewarding getting sniper kills now (especially with the P-06), but now I tend to use the sniper as a secondary and almost never touch it because the handguns are just so fun.

So if I just wanted to screw around with a spammy shotgun, the Brecci is the way to go over the Haymaker? I might give that a go when I tire of the handguns.

Barracks.

Edit (Campaign stuff):
It does connect to Black Ops 2. At the beginning of the first mission it mentions how there are a ton of Anti-Air guns and that soldiers/robots on the ground have become the new normal. This is because of Raul Menendez and his incident when he took control over drones. That incident is why there aren't many aircraft and why they rely on drones and augmented soldiers.

They make sure to verbalize this in Rise and Fall as well, at the beginning speaking with the Egyptian lieutenant

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Drift0r's new video was on Stock, apparently when you equip it on SMGs and Shotguns, you actually move faster while ADSing than your base movement speed.

jorgejjvr

Doing some games if anyone wants to join

Edit: the stock fact became apparent to me when I noticed I appeared on the map while walking with ghosts, but I do not when I walk/ads with stock

Finally, diamond SMGs done! I'm gonna have to do some sniper rifles without attachments next, that is going to be horrible.

I'm also pretty close on ARs (I know I have all headshots except for the M8A7) but that stupid level 55 unlock is keeping me away from diamond ARs for a while. I wish you could check camo progress on locked guns, don't want to spend unlock tokens just to check them all.

Top Bottom