• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Spectre is such an edge lord. I just saw a victory taunt where he said "I am become death: destroyer of scrubs"

Spectre is such an edge lord. I just saw a victory taunt where he said "I am become death: destroyer of scrubs"

"It wouldn't require a cleaner to take you out; a janitor would suffice."

"You talk a good talk. Place yourself under my ripper, and we'll see how you are on the inside."

So I played through the campaign tonight. That was something else. At first I was powering through it and really completely uninterested in the story, skipping almost all the cutscenes and not being impressed with the game at all, but then I got the mission where
you go inside Hall's mind, and it's goddamn amazing, almost every mission after that is also amazing. All the inside the mind stuff was awesome! The VTOL sequence was pretty cool as well. That ending though, combined with the truth in text between levels is kinda mind-boggling though.

It's just like, oh the game is over now, bye. But if you dig for some info you find out the game ended after mission 2? Like what? Actual what??? It's kinda great because it promotes discussion about the story, theories and such, but it's also just confusing and contradictory, as if they didn't know what type of story they actually wanted to tell.

The game has a definite ending, but are we to believe the ending is just the death rattle of the Player? Even when going through the trouble of the apparent merger of Taylor and the Player's minds? It's bizarre.

That being said I would really like them to go more in the direction of those levels in future games, as the regular go to this shitty broken down industrial place and kill robots more were the worst in the game and just the repetitive trite experience shooters have turned into. I'd really like to see more multiplayer levels like Infection as well. The DLC they've revealed so far doesn't seem to expand on any of that and that is a shame. There is so much potential for interesting and captivation map design and architecture. We also need some classic weapon DLC to fit right into that.

This is why all my scorestreaks are passive, lol.

"Wraith not available"
"Wraith not available"
"Wraith not available"

Im just happy to watch the carnage around me :p

Define 'bad'

Your bad day is like my best day ever, lol.

Thanks, I appreciate it all. I'm glad I'm able to be a valuable teammate for you guys. In the end, all that matters is having fun, and by the looks of it, it seems like everyone was having a good time in our party. Until next time!

Edit: For next time, would you like another full party or would you prefer to cut back? I kind of like a full party, since I feel like there is friendly competition in the sense of who can get their streaks first.

Starting to get better at the game and movement. Still, this game just feels so overblown. I'm so tired of the unlock system. Just give me all of the weapons, attachments, and perks from the start and let me work towards unlocking aesthetic stuff.

This carrot and stick shtick is old.

Starting to get better at the game and movement. Still, this game just feels so overblown. I'm so tired of the unlock system. Just give me all of the weapons, attachments, and perks from the start and let me work towards unlocking aesthetic stuff.

This carrot and stick shtick is old.

Last time a CoD did that (Ghost), it didn't work out very well. Technically you had the coins but you were able to get anything you wanted regardless of level.

Edit (Spectre's taunt): I'm almost certain that it is saying "I have become death," but it's voice synthesizer is making sound like "I am become death."

SeanR1221

Playing through single player, is there any reason to not keep tactical mode on the entire time? I mean it kind of cheapens the experience but I feel like you're at a huge disadvantage not using it

Skittles

Playing through single player, is there any reason to not keep tactical mode on the entire time? I mean it kind of cheapens the experience but I feel like you're at a huge disadvantage not using it
With how low visibility is in some maps and how bullshit the higher difficulties are. There's really no reason for it to ever be off. You can customize how much information it gives you though.

Jesus i went off that game. I feel bad for the other team

Good games you guys.

That match on Evac? Yep. Laggy.

I've been noticing my ping spike briefly for a second or two. Very annoying. Hopefully Treyarch puts out a patch sometime in 2 weeks

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Finally. finally got my Glitch 2 rapid kills after what must be an entire prestige. i had actually given up trying to get it. b/w this and the haymaker headshots i had a pretty terrible time playing cod this weekend. haymaker has been nerfed to hell. it should not take three shots to kill on most ranges. or at least there should be a headshot multiplyer. i get the drop on people and they still easily kill me. that hasnt happened to me even with the weivel and the ICR. It's that bad.

Anyway, here is the clip of me finally getting the double kill. look at how it randomly transports me behind them. thats why i struggled so much with it because you just never know where you are going to end up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YKo0yvFw24

eek5

Finally. finally got my Glitch 2 rapid kills after what must be an entire prestige. i had actually given up trying to get it. b/w this and the haymaker headshots i had a pretty terrible time playing cod this weekend. haymaker has been nerfed to hell. it should not take three shots to kill on most ranges. or at least there should be a headshot multiplyer. i get the drop on people and they still easily kill me. that hasnt happened to me even with the weivel and the ICR. It's that bad.

Anyway, here is the clip of me finally getting the double kill. look at how it randomly transports me behind them. thats why i struggled so much with it because you just never know where you are going to end up.

Nice! I got lucky on my first one too. The way to do it, for anyone still working on this, is to play domination or ground war dom. Drop a C4 on a flag and wait for it to light up, glitch, blow up, and find more dudes. The window for getting 2 kills is so small.. hard to get organically.

My final one actually ended up being a glitch triple on dom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwGhBUoJlc

Alternatively if you stand in the same spot for 35 seconds you glitch into your same spot which could work if you find a good camp spot.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nice! I got lucky on my first one too. The way to do it, for anyone still working on this, is to play domination or ground war dom. Drop a C4 on a flag and wait for it to light up, glitch, blow up, and find more dudes. The window for getting 2 kills is so small.. hard to get organically.

My final one actually ended up being a glitch triple on dom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwGhBUoJlc

Alternatively if you stand in the same spot for 35 seconds you glitch into your same spot which could work if you find a good camp spot.
lol thats genius. i did hear about it but i had just prestiged and by the time C4 unlocked, i had even stopped using the overclock perk.

i now need 4 kills in a game so it looks like i will be playing domination.

lol it's really unreliable on core and I think if you have a good trigger finger the MR6 is by far better. I just got it gold in my last game which just leaves the LCAR9 but I need 5 more levels to unlock it so I'll start on the knife. Got this awesome Talon kills clip in that last game.

https://youtu.be/q6ZScI1mlyU

lol wow at those spawns. i was cleaning up with the Talon today. They must have buffed it.

Now they just need to buff the Rolling Thunder. It's too slow and it NEVER gets me a kill. ever.

Mystery

I just started working on my Prophet challenges tonight, and got the glitch one done in about an hour. Play Safeguard, when you are on defense, rush the robot, toss a stun and a frag, then glitch. I'll do my Tempest tomorrow; I attempted glitch first because I thought it'd be harder than it was.

Ensoul

Finally got the IRC gold. What a nightmare. If you love the sound of hitmarks thank this is the gun for you. I think the whole time I was using it I may have fininshed with a positive KDR maybe 5 times.

Shevia is next. I am already having a hard time getting head shots with it.

Is there a perk that makes you immune to UAVs this game?
Ghost exists, but you have to keep moving to not be on the radar.

You will know when you are hidden as your marker on the minimap will be faded.

Note that if you jump about and use your booster you will still show when you boost and slide, so you want Blast Suppressor to remain 100% hidden.

ncslamm

Finally got the IRC gold. What a nightmare. If you love the sound of hitmarks thank this is the gun for you. I think the whole time I was using it I may have fininshed with a positive KDR maybe 5 times.

Shevia is next. I am already having a hard time getting head shots with it.

I like the ICR a lot. Sure its damage is weak but the recoil is predictable and it's great long range. I use the Varix sight on it with extended/fast mags. Just go to hardcore for the 5 bloodthirsty medal camo challenge and you'll get it done in a few games. I haven't done the Sheiva yet but I'd say Ground War would be best if you get Safeguard. Just sit back on defense and pre-aim.

Ensoul

I like the ICR a lot. Sure its damage is weak but the recoil is predictable and it's great long range. I use the Varix sight on it with extended/fast mags. Just go to hardcore for the 5 bloodthirsty medal camo challenge and you'll get it done in a few games. I haven't done the Sheiva yet but I'd say Ground War would be best if you get Safeguard. Just sit back on defense and pre-aim.

Hardcore is where I ended up going for the longshots and bloodthirsty medals which was not bad. The problem I founds with the gun is that I would shoot somoene 4 times and I would end up dying because they would simply be using a gun that kills in 3 or 4 shots.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The gold KRM with the quick reload attachment is a tube of beauty. I like how the gold actually covers the attachment part as well, whereas most other camos don't.

Taking forever to level this thing up though. Got both it and the Argus to Gold before maxing their levels even once. Haymaker I maxed twice going for gold, and Brecci has been maxed once, still on it's way to gold. I guess it's partially because the prerequisites for the special challenges are a lot easier to get (One-shot-one-kill medals instead of Headshots), but even so, after playing 4-5 strong rounds with the gun and still being stuck on the same weapon level, something feels off.

Top Bottom