• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Tkawsome said:
Why does money randomly fly out of killed enemies in multiplayer?
Cuz you gets money!
4tknih.jpg

Dennis

Banned
I like the SP campaign a lot more than I did the same in MW1.

I quite like the graphics - I mean they are not exactly cutting edge on the PC but for what it is it looks good.

freitax

Raxus said:
If only there were some co-op mode or single player campaign of some sort.

actually there isn't, you still have to connect to the matchmaking servers to play with a friend online.

THANK YOU IW, FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU HAVE GIVEN TO PC AND PS3! I can't stress this enough, you guys rock! I'm serious bros, you guys are awesome, who cares about ps3 and pc, man. 360 is the shit, son!
And btw, admit your own mistakes goddamn it, it's your responsibility to manage the servers, just because microsoft takes responsibility of the servers, it doesn't means sony has to. You guys are already swimming in a pool of a money, NOW DO. YOUR. JOB!

Seep

10h 12m 20s Veteran, no where near as hard as COD:WAW.

Now onto multi, IW please can you add alternate colour player name indicators like COD:WAW for us colour blind folk and also the heartbeat sensor is completely useless change it to blue/red . thx

How could I forget that level people where bitching about, it was the best level in a game ever! so awesome.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Violater said:
Interesting.
How hard are they to take down?
Aim with rocket, wait two seconds until you hear the lock on sound, and fire. Bam!

They're only in the air for ten seconds or so though, so as soon as you hear the warning you have to look quickly.

Irish

KittyKittyBangBang said:
BAH! best I have got is 35 sec (33 after bonus)

the reloading kills me, but I was using DE and SCAR. Maybe I should try AK and the .45

Yeah, the DE has too much recoil. Plus, the .45 has that CQC stance with the knife, allowing for super quick melee against the guy at the top of the stairs.

The only thing I don't like is the random spawning of the moving targets. In the first area-second set, sometimes the hooded guy will spawn right next to the one in the hat, while other times he will be on the other end, requiring more time to take him out.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
bomb_jack said:
The PS3 servers are still fucking broken. Don't think I'm going to get a game tonight.

I'M SURE GLAD I SPENT SO MUCH MONEY ON THIS FUCKING GAME I CAN'T PLAY.

I got in, you just have to leave it on "Connecting to Matchmaking Servers" for an extended period of time.

vehn

wish beating it on veteran / getting all trophies / acheive's would unlock something in multiplayer (like in Uncharted)

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
freitax said:
And btw, admit your own mistakes goddamn it, it's your responsibility to manage the servers, just because microsoft takes responsibility of the servers, it doesn't means sony has to. You guys are already swimming in a pool of a money, NOW DO. YOUR. JOB!
So.. Would you say that you are entitled to a reasonably good multiplayer experience?

The Chef

chubigans said:
Aim with rocket, wait two seconds until you hear the lock on sound, and fire. Bam!

They're only in the air for ten seconds or so though, so as soon as you hear the warning you have to look quickly.

I had no idea the RPG would lock on like that. Wow I feel stupid.

vehn

corpserot said:
PSN Back up, day saved :D

As Captain MacTavish would say... Bollux! Still doesn't work for me :(

question about after u beat the game:
What happens to Makarov? I don't recall anything happening to him after price contacts him in the junkyard. Gues he's still at large or does he not matter anymore with Sheperd dead?

God, I hate the Snowmobile Time Trial in Spec Ops. The slippery snow makes it so hard to get those turns right and cut in between the gates. :lol

But yeah... I made it, barely. On the jump, my snowmobile bounced off the edge of the cliff and to the finish line. :lol I thought I was going to bounce backward, into the chasm (knowing my luck).

FoxSpirit

DennisK4 said:

I quite like the graphics - I mean they are not exactly cutting edge on the PC but for what it is it looks good.
*pics*

Well, once next gen hits we will see a nice bump in graphics... console multi-plats are really stifling the whole PC master race issue. Fortunately there are mods.

Ran into a friend last night who was headed to play it on PS3 online. I wonder if that ever happened.

One of these years they should figure out cross-console online play. That shit would be off the hook.

panda21

they better have it up by tomorrow or i'm going to build a magazine rack and fill it with infinity ward paraphernalia and then tell it that i think its a stupid magazine rack and that i dont like it.

PatzCU

Lots and lots of bitching in this thread.

I picked this up last night for 360 and have had a GREAT time so far. Coming from PC roots, I really don't expect a game like Call of Duty to deliver a mind-blowing, impressionable single-player experience (think Deus-Ex). However, from what I have played of the single-player, it's been great. Everything you would expect for a Call of Duty game. Tons of action, tons of shit flying through the skies, bullets everywhere, military lingo, guns, explosions, tanks, etc... The sensory overload and ability to blow shit up really shine in this one. I could care less about the story.

Moving on to the more important part of MW2, multiplayer. Holy Shit!!! I never really read about everything that was going to be included in MW2 multiplayer. Having been a huge fan of MW1's MP, I've gotta say that the MW2 MP is a huge leap forward. That addictive magic is back with the ability to level up and unlock all kinds of stuff. 22 pages of unique callsigns? Incredible! I love the customization this go around, it keeps it fresh.

I was realllllly worried about the balance in MW2's MP having heard about the ridiculous killstreaks, death streaks, dual weapon attachments, etc. After playing for about 2-3 hours last night online, my worries are dispelled. If anything, this game feels more balanced than CoD4. The absurdly cheap perks have been taken out of the game, the levels are quite a bit larger,and the radar seems to have been tweaked to give you a good idea of where shots are coming from without immediately exposing the locations of the enemy. Also, the game gives players control of some ridiculously powerful weapons; however, even though they seem over-powered, it's easy to avoid them if you play smart.

The multiplayer aspect just makes you feel individually badass while maintaining balance for everyone. That is a tough idea to capture. Bravo Infinity Ward, I'll be playing this for months to come.

Just finished, micheal bays duckhunt describes this game perfectly, infact i was expecting a knife fight in an exploding volcano at the end...

DennisK4 said:

best looking level in the game imo.

TheExodu5

Banned
Stabby McSter said:
shit took me forever, but i got 28-29 seconds. i really wanted that achievement. :p

i think i used the mp5, and i never had to reload. one shot for each enemy is more than enough.

Console I'm guessing? Was very easy on the PC once I figured out where all the terrorists were. Took me 4 tries.

Eric WK

Guys, don't worry. Bloc was Dax's favorite map from Call of Duty 4. That fool liking Wasteland shouldn't come as a surprise.

God the Multiplayer is addictive. The sheer amount of unlockables and customisation have me well and truly hooked.

I haven't put this much time into a game since MW1

TheExodu5

Banned
TruHero said:
I dunno....I find MW2 to easily be one of the best looking games this gen.

I'd give it better points if it didn't have the worst looking skyboxes of the generation. Some of the levels look fantastic, with high res textures (PC), but have ugly low res skyboxes.

Top Bottom