• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

panda21 said:
you realise you don't actually have to right? just do nothing. although i still don't understand what exactly you were trying to achieve but then that pretty much sums up the entire story...
That's what I did, just walked through that part. I didn't want to do it, but wanted to see what the fuss was about.

bomb_jack

The PS3 servers are still fucking broken. Don't think I'm going to get a game tonight.

I'M SURE GLAD I SPENT SO MUCH MONEY ON THIS FUCKING GAME I CAN'T PLAY.

Grecco said:
favelas on veteran is the biggets crock of bullshit ever.

I agree. Brazil is the hardest level on veteran. Everything else was easy on vet. I am still amazed I found all the intel for both brazil levels.

Raxus

bomb_jack said:
The PS3 servers are still fucking broken. Don't think I'm going to get a game tonight.

I'M SURE GLAD I SPENT SO MUCH MONEY ON THIS FUCKING GAME I CAN'T PLAY.
If only there were some co-op mode or single player campaign of some sort.

Greg

I remember the same issues with MW1 at launch - servers were either down or it took 5 minutes to maybe find a game using matchmaking.

Glad I didn't buy this one at launch.

Sucks that PS3 isn't able to play. Sounds like the infamous Christmas of '07, when COD4 was unplayable on XBL for like 2 weeks, which was convenient since everyone was off of work and school and wanting to do something fun. :lol

Any strategies for the Suspension map in Spec Ops? I have no idea how to handle the helicopter once you get the middle portion of the bridge. It tears me up if I'm revealed for just 2 seconds, and then there's a squadron of enemies coming up on me on foot as well. Grr.

snap0212

Jonsoncao said:
Possibility #1: IW hasnt done enough stress testings to guarantee ppl got decent MP experience, or bad netcode makes PSN servers overload
Conclusion: IW's fault
(xbox MP is fine and there was over 500k ppl online at the same time, 2.5m ppl on leaderboard yesterday so I guess IW has done enough stress testing)
Maybe on LIVE, but they clearly made a mistake by underestimating the amount of players who want to play this game online.

Conclusion: IW's fault.

Jonsoncao said:
Possibility #2: IW has done enough stress testings, but the massive population playing this game on PSN blows the PSN server
Conclusion: SCE's fault for not foreseeing this game is so huge on PS3
Not Sony's servers = not Sony's fault.

Conclusion: IW's/Activision's fault.

Jonsoncao said:
Possibility #3: there was clue that PS3 MP would be borked for the first several days(MW1 reference maybe?), and you still pay $60 to get it day one instead of waiting for all pbs solved
Conclusion: your fault
Yeah, totally my fault. :lol

Conclusion: Kill myself to make sure I'm not gonna screw it up again.

I don't wanna fight, but IW/Activision (not me, not Sony) made mistakes.

panda21

Brian Fellows said:
Slaughter a whole bunch of civilians and leave a dead CIA agent there to take the fall in order to start a war.

and the CIA agent was trying to do what? cos if he was trying to stop them he didnt do it very well :lol

Revolutionary said:
Any strategies for the Suspension map in Spec Ops? I have no idea how to handle the helicopter once you get the middle portion of the bridge. It tears me up if I'm revealed for just 2 seconds, and then there's a squadron of enemies coming up on me on foot as well. Grr.

Pick up the rocket launcher. 1hit kill after lock on

X26

Banned
Beat the SP just now. Story was stupid (all the more reason they shouldn't have bothered with the airport, really out of place within such a thin and unsubstantial story), but the set pieces and actual gamepaly were great. Had a lot of fun with it and wished it lasted a bit longer, but what can you do. And veteran in this one is nothing compared to MW1, surprised how "easy" it was (although I did cheese it up and played most of the last mission with a riot shield)

Irish

Colocho said:
So what's everyone's time on the pit at the beginning?

I just did 23.85 with a USP. 45 and an M9

28 seconds with the AK-47 and USP .45

I just got 100% accuracy (shaves off 5 secs) on my first run with the USP .45 and the M9.- 29.5 seconds. I need to start shooting and moving faster.

yes we can said:
Pick up the rocket launcher. 1hit kill after lock on
Wow, I so didn't see the RPG's on the floor to my right. :lol I feel like a dumbass. Thanks, though.

EDIT: Wait, what lock-on? This is a regular, manual aim RPG... no lock-on. :(

EDIT2: Nvm, got it. Pain in the ass heli.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
By the way, all last night playing the PS3 multiplayer I was constantly taking out UAVs. I might be a bad killer, but I control the skies damnit. Blam!

cameltoe

chubigans said:
By the way, all last night playing the PS3 multiplayer I was constantly taking out UAVs. I might be a bad killer, but I control the skies damnit. Blam!

that was me as well, and I was rocking the cold-blooded perk. Team player am I!

McLovin

slunk2zero said:
Even more PS3 woes! Now trophies aren't syncing!
Last time I had that problem I had to delete all my saves. Mostly because some games require a sync to play them(burnout paradise and dead space to name a few) Sony never fixed the problem and that was the only way to get around it. I swear if I have to do that shit again I'm renewing my xbox live when its up and I'm switching.

Dax01 said:
Who here actually likes the blood jam? I'm still kind of indifferent to it.

Don't mind it that much, usually when you are dead in this game you are dead. Meaning theres not much you can do once getting shot at.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The Chef said:
Using an RPG?
Yup! :D

Fifty big points too.

DanielPlainview said:
QUESTION: Can one do 2 player local splitscreen multiplayer over LIVE with a guest? (like Halo?)

Thanks in advance!
Nope. But you can do local Spec Ops, and multiplayer now functions like online with profiles and unlocks so you can rank up in split screen multi just like online. It's really neat.

Insaniac

you should auto-pick up throwing knives. I don't have time for the BS of digging through weapons on the ground trying to grab my knife.

DanielPlainview said:
QUESTION: Can one do 2 player local splitscreen multiplayer over LIVE with a guest? (like Halo?)

Thanks in advance!

no.

The Chef

chubigans said:
Yup! :D

Fifty big points too.

Thats awesome. I wish more people were like you on the games I've been playing on. Everyone on my team just cowers in fear under a bridge with their eyes closed hoping the UAV doesn't see them. :lol

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
They totally 24'd the plot of this. :lol

It is a fun roller coaster ride. Whatever they come up with the for next game is going to be insane.

Back to multiplayer.

punkypine

The Chef said:
Thats awesome. I wish more people were like you on the games I've been playing on. Everyone on my team just cowers in fear under a bridge with their eyes closed hoping the UAV doesn't see them. :lol

wait, is that a joke or can you actually avoid UAV detection?

Irish

109% Accuracy? Headshots? I even shot a civilian and from the hipped the last two targets.

Anyway, fooling around in The Pit is a great way to spend your time while the servers are down.

Violater

The Chef said:

Does a warning still go out that the enemies UAV has been deployed?

Irish said:
28 seconds with the AK-47 and USP .45

I just got 100% accuracy (shaves off 5 secs) on my first run with the USP .45 and the M9.- 29.5 seconds. I need to start shooting and moving faster.

BAH! best I have got is 35 sec (33 after bonus)

the reloading kills me, but I was using DE and SCAR. Maybe I should try AK and the .45

DukeSucks

Does anyone else that uses inverted controls have a problem with the predator? Those controls feel backwards to me, I wish I could invert (or invert-invert) them.

But I've only gotten it a few times, so hopefully I'll get used to it.

KittyKittyBangBang said:
BAH! best I have got is 35 sec (33 after bonus)

the reloading kills me, but I was using DE and SCAR. Maybe I should try AK and the .45
shit took me forever, but i got 28-29 seconds. i really wanted that achievement. :p

i think i used the mp5, and i never had to reload. one shot for each enemy is more than enough.

Top Bottom