• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

I know IW pulled elements from "All Ghillied Up" into Wasteland. It's probably why I like it so much. It's not too open, but open enough to get some good sniper action.

.nimrod

Dax01 said:
I know IW pulled elements from "All Ghillied Up" into Wasteland. It's probably why I like it so much. It's not too open, but open enough to get some good sniper action.

there is no such thing as snipers in multiplayer, just campers cowards with sniperrifles

:|

Spasm

So uh, I think I'm pretty much done with the game. I'm at the part where you
go to Markarov's house for tea, but he's not there, so instead you haxor his Gibson
. Problem is, I've got a checkpoint while there are about 20 guys
in the house, shooting up the cable modem I'm trying to defend
. Am I screwed? Is it time to restart the level?

glaurung said:
MW2 does not connect and PSN is broken and cannot sync my trophies.

Screw this, I'm going to sleep.

I'm glad my trophy syncing problem is gone. I thought I got it from NHL 10 but I guess not since I checked it after starting MW2... Whatever, I need to play online now. Can I please play online? I paid for this shit!

Magik

Has anybody encountered this glitch in HQ where your progress bar resets for no apparent reason?

I was capturing the HQ sitting in one spot and was about to capture it, but for some odd reason, it restarted back from the beginning.

SlickVic

I'm not sure if I should be using iron sights in MP with the PC version. Just seems faster to fire from the hip.

I'm also loving these little deathstreak perks for dying too much (I've gotten a few kills off Final Stand activating). Also the extra exp you get for finally getting a kill after 4 or more deaths without one is cool too.

Helmholtz

Linkzg said:
Quick question about the PC verison: For the retail game, do you need to keep the DVD in your drive to play it?
No, the game goes onto your steam account, and you access it from steam from then on.
Edit: Beaten

About Single Player

Am I the only one who noticed tension between the British and American forces in the game in the narrative?

Also what was Captain Price trying to achieve in the Sub when he said "..good" before that missile launched?

What was Shepard trying to achieve by betraying 141?

McLovin said:
Did any of you guys find that blow up in Makarov's hide out? It caught me off guard :lol
Yeah, the one in the bathtub. :lol

Meus Renaissance said:
About Single Player

Am I the only one who noticed tension between the British and American forces in the game in the narrative?

Also what was Captain Price trying to achieve in the Sub when he said "..good" before that missile launched?

What was Shepard trying to achieve by betraying 141?
I didn't notice any.
Price launched and detonated the nuke in the sky to create an EMP, effectively halting Russia's invasion.
As for Shepherd's betrayal, I think it's because 141 knew about the No Russian incident and how Shepherd planted the American in there (who then became the scapegoat) - so he had to "tie up loose ends", as he said. I may be wrong, though - that's what I got out of it.

Seeing a deathstreak pop up just reminds me that I'm sucking. WOW, I DIED FOUR TIMES, THANKS FOR REMINDING ME.

But besides that, the game is fun. What is everyone's favorite killstreaks? I'm currently using Care Package, Predator, and Chopper Gunner. I think I'll switch that last one, seeing as how I hardly ever get 11 kills in a row.

And also, both of my AC-130 care packages were stolen by the enemy yesterday. Goddamn I was angry. What's the best way to take it down? The default rocket only has one shot, and the AC-130 always uses flares when I lock-on to it.

And finally, the FAMAS is awesome.

Jack Scofield said:
Seeing a deathstreak pop up just reminds me that I'm sucking. WOW, I DIED FOR TIMES, THANKS FOR REMINDING ME.

But besides that, the game is fun. What is everyone's favorite killstreaks? I'm currently using Care Package, Predator, and Chopper Gunner. I think I'll switch that last one, seeing as how I hardly ever get 11 kills in a row.

And also, both of my AC-130 care packages were stolen by the enemy yesterday. Goddamn I was angry. What's the best way to take it down? The default rocket only has one shot, and the AC-130 always uses flares when I lock-on to it.

I wish I could talk about killstrikes. I've only reached passed 7 kills without deaths a few times. Do you approach the game with a certain mentality or go with it by instinct?

Just beat the game, (6hours)! I liked the game but the story was a bit of a mess,the epic set pieces/levels also seemed to fall flat for me. Overall I still think MW 1 is the better single player experience . I think Uncharted 2 had more holy shit/omg moments in it. Now to see how the multi player plays.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Ad Infinitum said:
Did everyone press the alarm in the Museum level? Only just realised it was there...

anything happen if I manage to put everyone down?
AFAIK, no. Everyone gets back up again anyway if you leave the room

depward

Dax01 said:

What do you mean? Wasteland is a remake of a CoD2 map..

DMeisterJ

Banned
Just did 'the mission'...

So that was boring.
I've been killing civilians in games for the fun of it forever, why would I care all of a sudden now?
lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
From what I can tell, your rewards for prestiging at first is...

New Challenges
New Titles/Icons
Extra Custom Class

Granted, the challenges are nice, but NEW TITLES AND ICONS ARE THE SAME DAMN THING AS THE FIRST GAME. I really could care less about an extra custom class. I hope there's some REAL prestige rewards later down the line.

dralla

near the end of the game,
the mission on the air field where you're supposed to let the army and the bad guy's men fight and sort of sneak by, why are the good army guy's shooting me too? this part sucks balls

Eric WK

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Does anyone have a list of the unlockable icons/callsigns?

I'm guessing we won't see a comprehensive list for weeks. There's no way some of them aren't associated with prestiging and other time sinks.

dralla said:
the mission on the air field where you're supposed to let the army and the bad guy's men fight and sort of sneak by, why are the good army guy's shooting me too? this part sucks balls

You are placed under "Most Wanted" list as a terrorist and alos charged with treason. Also, it's Makarov and Shepherd's army fighting each other and you're in the middle of it. They are both against you...

Can't wait to start MP tonight.

I also I think the SP would have been more enjoyable if I didn't rush through it. I finished with a time of about 6 hrs and 20 minutes over the course of two nights. That was mostly last night too. I made the mistake of playing until about 5 a.m. just to beat it.
Is it me or was IW's solution to supposedly non-respawning enemies simply dropping a crap ton of enemies all around you? There were so many levels where there was just too much going on to play tactical since there are too many enemies all around you. I may be wrong, but I don't recall MW1 being so...hectic if you will.

If you can follow it the story is actually pretty awesome, but, I'm sorry, the way it was told was just not well executed. I actually found it hard sometimes to hear the voices because the in game sound in the background. That and if you sneeze, or your cell phone rings during one of the loading screens you're likely to miss an important plot point. Had they done just a little more exposition, say in game, I think people wouldn't be complaining since the premise and twists are awesome.

Also if you've never played MW1 you'll have no idea what the motivation was behind the whole thing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DMeisterJ said:
Just did 'the mission'...

So that was boring.
I've been killing civilians in games for the fun of it forever, why would I care all of a sudden now?
lol
I don't want to be your friend.

The Chef

Jack Scofield said:
Seeing a deathstreak pop up just reminds me that I'm sucking. WOW, I DIED FOUR TIMES, THANKS FOR REMINDING ME.

I HATE the deathstreak feature. Yeah I know I'm playing terrible right now but I don't need a little 'edge' to help me not suck, thanks.

ZZMitch

dralla said:

They arn't good anymore... they are loyal to Shepherd... who betrayed Task Force 141

and Huzzah! I'm online in PS3!

X26

Banned
dralla said:

One of my favorite parts of the game. Just sneaking around form one plane to another picking guys off, reminded me a lot of all ghilled up. I also managed to not get killed during it, which helps the fun factor.

Biff

Please Wait said:
Connecting to Matchmaking Server...
Hey, Infinity Ward, DID YOU LEARN NOTHING WITH COD4's PS3 LAUNCH?

This is the exact same thing happening AGAIN. IW, maybe you guys shouldn't have turned down Activision's 'ridiculous' budget... Would have been nice for you to, you know, ship a working game?

Jack Scofield said:
Yeah I'm really liking it. I was always an M16 guy in MW1 but it's going to be hard to leave this baby. Can't get the sniper like kills the M16 brought but the thing can be deadly at a decent range.

KGKK

Banned
Hmmm never bought any other CoD games, never got caught up in the CoD4 hype either, played it a few times at a friends place and that was it. But holy hell after watching the GT review, game looks fucken amazing and addictive. Gonna buy this instead of Borderlands next paycheque.:D

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Anyone else have their eyes very strained with the PC version after 1-3 hours of playing?

I just played for about 1½ hours and I had to keep my eyes closed for like 2 minutes so it'd stop stinging.

Maximus.

fuck the psn server is not connecting, wtf is this shit, me and a few buds are tryin to play, but cant because the fucking server is DOWN. this sucks :(

Another quick PC question: I see two selectable things in steam: Multiplayer and Single Player. Is there any real difference between them? I mean, they both have the same installed size.

Linkzg said:
Another quick PC question: I see two selectable things in steam: Multiplayer and Single Player. Is there any real difference between them? I mean, they both have the same installed size.
IW tend to use 2 separate .exe files for Single and Multi, its obvious the 360 one does the same as well with the black screen when switching between them.

Location based story point: How small is that
Oval Office?
seriously, its freaking tiny.

Leminnes

Banned
Just finished the Single Player.

It was cool, I guess. I'm not sure how deserving of the 95s and 100s it's getting from websites. The story was extremely convoluted, although it... sort of made sense at the end. There was really nothing about it any more remarkable than MW1, to me. It actually seemed a bit easier.

Also, the American war scenes were cool.

Top Bottom