• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

practice02 said:
Fix came out today boy, read the internet.
2hgb9e0.jpg

Lucky for you...

Dax01 said:
Who here actually likes the blood jam? I'm still kind of indifferent to it.

Like it or not, it really has a large effect on what you see when you take a casual glance at the game. It is perhaps greater than any other specific effect or visual style featured in the game.

They probably wanted to come up with something more distinct than the grayed out bloodshot eye effect that every is using. I think they definatley were shooting for a more yellow/orange color pallette in brightly lit settings for this game, and the old effect would seem a little off.

Jonsoncao

Banned
snap0212 said:
Who's fault do you think it is? Seems like they weren't prepared for the launch (didn't have enough servers running). 100% Infinity Ward's fault, as far as I can see.

edit: I just wanna play. :(

I just dun see this IW hate here

let me break this down a little bit

Possibility #1: IW hasnt done enough stress testings to guarantee ppl got decent MP experience, or bad netcode makes PSN servers overload
Conclusion: IW's fault
(xbox MP is fine and there was over 500k ppl online at the same time, 2.5m ppl on leaderboard yesterday so I guess IW has done enough stress testing)

Possibility #2: IW has done enough stress testings, but the massive population playing this game on PSN blows the PSN server
Conclusion: SCE's fault for not foreseeing this game is so huge on PS3

Possibility #3: there was clue that PS3 MP would be borked for the first several days(MW1 reference maybe?), and you still pay $60 to get it day one instead of waiting for all pbs solved
Conclusion: your fault

My comment: you can still enjoy the SP which is very enjoyable instead of blaming someone for their fault

panda21

TheExodu5 said:
I call bullshit. IW is providing the matchmaking servers, not Sony. (are they not?)

If not, then how can this effect only MW2. Do IW rent a server number of servers from Sony?

i was under the impression that all online server stuff is entirely up to the game devs... the psn side is separate but the games can access it to get your psn id/friends etc.

kevm3

So wait, the multiplayer may be off until possibly Friday?

Played some of the singleplayer... Nice events, but the gameplay is awful... I enjoyed MW1's but I'm tired of having a million guys shooting me from every direction and not having any real idea of where they are coming from.

So what's the deal with Call of Duty Classic? Is it only available to people with the Hardened edition download code? Or will it eventually be available to purchase on XBLA?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
panda21 said:
that was pretty good once it got to mainly being 141 missions. the story made absolutely no sense to me though :lol

surprised by how much of a fuss the airport scene is creating, i don't really see how its any more tasteless than anything else you see in videogames.

I didnt like moving in slow motion. It limited how many civilians I could slaughter.

The spec-ops missions are pretty damn frustrating if you're playing solo, even on the first couple of stages. You'd think they would scale the difficulty so it's at least possible on the harder difficulties by yourself (at least without playing it a couple hundred times beforehand).

Click

Banned
kevm3 said:
Played some of the singleplayer... Nice events, but the gameplay is awful... I enjoyed MW1's but I'm tired of having a million guys shooting me from every direction and not having any real idea of where they are coming from.

People don't usually buy MW (1 or 2) for its Campaign mode. In fact, I played the first Campaign for all of about 15 minutes before realizing how utterly shitty it was and never touching it again.

I won't touch MW2's Campaign either. I might give the Spec Ops thing a try though.

Just finished up Campaign on Veteran in 6 and a half hours. I was hoping for at least 10 hours on the highest difficulty. I guess Special Ops makes up for some of that.

Speaking of which, for those who have done them, how hard are the Echo Special Ops? Me and a friend are 2/3 through Delta and I want to know what we'll be getting ourselves into.

Are they harder than Mile High Club?

Raxus

Brian Fellows said:
I didnt like moving in slow motion. It limited how many civilians I could slaughter.
You monster. You just killed e-civvies now their e-friends will never see them again and their e-spouses will never get to tell them that the e-love them. And the e-children... think of the e-children man.

snack

Violater said:
http://twitter.com/FourZeroTwo

"@JMCPHX Not true. Multiplayer will be available as soon as Demonware gets the servers back online ASAP."

There you have it folks, the culprit?

http://www.demonware.net/

Ready the pitchforks

Here's a little insight on the company:

DemonWare is an Irish-based software development company founded in 2003. The company specializes in networking software and services for video game development.

They were purchased in May 2007 by Activision.

KillerAJD

Jonsoncao said:
I just dun see this IW hate here

let me break this down a little bit

Possibility #1: IW hasnt done enough stress testings to guarantee ppl got decent MP experience, or bad netcode makes PSN servers overload
Conclusion: IW's fault
(xbox MP is fine and there was over 500k ppl online at the same time, 2.5m ppl on leaderboard yesterday so I guess IW has done enough stress testing)

Possibility #2: IW has done enough stress testings, but the massive population playing this game on PSN blows the PSN server
Conclusion: SCE's fault for not foreseeing this game is so huge on PS3

Possibility #3: there was clue that PS3 MP would be borked for the first several days(MW1 reference maybe?), and you still pay $60 to get it day one instead of waiting for all pbs solved
Conclusion: your fault

My comment: you can still enjoy the SP which is very enjoyable instead of blaming someone for their fault

Wait wait wait wait wait.....are you saying it would be MY FAULT for buying the game day one and having the servers not working? That's BULLSHIT! Somebody shouldn't be punished for buying the game day one. In fact, anytime this happens (which in my experience happens more and more nowadays) is complete crap. Whether it's IW's fault for not being prepared, or the third party that was hired to manage the servers (according to the article I read on joystiq), it is NOT the customer's fault the game isn't working 1 day into the game being released.

cameltoe

DanielPlainview said:
whoa, that scene where you
kill hundreds of innocent people was actually pretty disturbing.

I think I killed everyone! I was stealing kills from my terrorist buddies!
I was hoping I would get some sort of achievement for killing at least 100 civilians! Guess not. Fuck you IW!

DeuceMojo said:
I'm fairly impressed by the floating debris throughout the levels, kinda throws you off guard. I've found myself swearing I saw a guy run into a building and then thought "It was probably a freaking piece of paper." That adds some tension, gets jumpy, makes you shoot at fire hydrants. :lol
Or chickens :lol

Violater said:
http://twitter.com/FourZeroTwo

"@JMCPHX Not true. Multiplayer will be available as soon as Demonware gets the servers back online ASAP."

There you have it folks, the culprit?

http://www.demonware.net/

Ready the pitchforks

Love this fourzerotwo tweet

@scoobyjim Xbox Live servers are maintained and ran by Microsoft. PSN servers are ran and maintained by 3rd party companies hired to do so.

I guess that's what M$ fanbois are paying the 50 dollars for...

Grecco

The Lamonster said:
So what's the deal with Call of Duty Classic? Is it only available to people with the Hardened edition download code? Or will it eventually be available to purchase on XBLA?

Everybody

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
One of those debris elements flew right in my face after I got out of scope mode and FREAKED ME OUT because I had no idea what it was. It literally almost covered the whole screen. :lol

Played the SP campaign for a little bit and I gotta say it's really bumming me out. There is a lot of shit happening and I have no idea why nor do I care. Levels don't seem as coherent or flow together as well as they did in MW1. The worst level I've played would have to be the Favelas one. That was just a clusterfuck of bullets flying everywhere and me stumbling around until I somehow find a checkpoint and trigger the next bunch of annoying militia guys. I'm hoping it picks up but so far I'm not impressed. Have yet to play MP but I'm sure that is great as always.

panda21

DanielPlainview said:
whoa, that scene where you
kill hundreds of innocent people was actually pretty disturbing.

you realise you don't actually have to right? just do nothing. although i still don't understand what exactly you were trying to achieve but then that pretty much sums up the entire story...

ILOVEASIANS said:
Just finished up Campaign on Veteran in 6 and a half hours. I was hoping for at least 10 hours on the highest difficulty.
o_O

It took me 5 hours on Regular, and I just spent the last 2 hours doing the first act again on Veteran.

No_Style

The Lamonster said:

It will be on XBLA/PSN. In fact, there's a thread about it being on the UK PSN Store right now.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
panda21 said:
you realise you don't actually have to right? just do nothing. although i still don't understand what exactly you were trying to achieve but then that pretty much sums up the entire story...

Slaughter a whole bunch of civilians and leave a dead CIA agent there to take the fall in order to start a war.

Top Bottom