• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

TimeLike said:
I think the Pro versions unlock by getting x amount of kills while using the regular version of the perk. So like the Pro version of Lightweight would be unlocked by running a number of miles with it equipped.

I guess the number of kills can't be that unreasonable or else most of the people in these streams wouldn't have the Pro perks already.

Victrix

*beard*
Vercingetorix said:
I guess the number of kills can't be that unreasonable or else most of the people in these streams wouldn't have the Pro perks already.

They seem sort of... pointless. They unlock quickly, and just add more power to existing perks.

Dunno. Think I would have preferred a fourth perk slot, or customizable perks to upgraded perks.

bdouble

Eric WK said:
I love how 9v9 just isn't enough of a clusterfuck for PC gamers.
I can see some other complaints but the number of players in a team is not one of them. Games are a hell of a lot easier to balance when you focus on a certain number. Its the best for the maps, weapons and perks. I'm sure one of the biggest complaints about CoD4 in spawning is a lot easier to fix when you have a set number of people playing.

Victrix said:
They seem sort of... pointless. They unlock quickly, and just add more power to existing perks.

Dunno. Think I would have preferred a fourth perk slot, or customizable perks to upgraded perks.

I agree. If they're too easy to unlock, they're pointless. If they're too hard to unlock, they give an unfair advantage to the losers who play 24/7. Either way they don't seem like a good idea.

Personally I'd like Hardcore mode to have no perks at all, just equipment choices.

So I severely misread the poster at Gamestop. I thought it said that people who pre-ordered get the game on 11/09/09, but it turns out it said we actually get to play the game early at the Gamestop store.

Oh well, silly me. :(

Kibbles

Launch Trailer Coming Tonight
On November 10, 2009, Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 will strike worldwide. The most-anticipated game of the year and the sequel to the best-selling first-person action game of all time, Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.

Game Features:

* Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

* The definitive multiplayer experience returns, with a host of new perks and enhancements.

* New cooperative SpecOps mode, the perfect combination of Modern Warfare's single-player intensity and the addictive replayability of its multiplayer.

11.10.09 is right around the corner, which means that the wait for Infinity Ward’s highly-anticipated Modern Warfare 2 is almost over. With more than 10,000 midnight openings planned and a first-to-play launch event planned for 11/9 in NYC (Union Square), the only piece of the puzzle that’s missing is missing no more…

Begin tuning in to Comedy Central or Spike TV tonight at 10:00 pm/EST (during the new episodes of South Park on Comedy Central and The Ultimate Fighter on Spike) for the full-length/official Modern Warfare 2 launch trailer.

You can also catch the trailer right here at TeamXbox as we will be posting the official Modern Warfare 2 launch trailer to coincide with its airing on Comedy Central and Spike TV shortly after 10pm/EST tonight!

cameltoe

Qwerty710710 said:
I'm getting mine tomorrow afternoon.

My XBL tag is Saloo Kaloo if anybody wants to play.

Nope I got a confirmation email saying im getting it tomorrow and a tracking number already.

I also ordered from this dude.....it will be here tomorrow according to UPS tracking

Kibbles

Wow at IW in this interview. :lol
cameltoe said:
I also ordered from this dude.....it will be here tomorrow according to UPS tracking
Hmm, I got a USPS tracking number, so far it says "There is no record of this item. " but I got the overnight shipping (express).

cameltoe

kamspy said:
Bah, Wednesday.

If I order from this guy do I have any chance at getting it by Saturday?

I'm in Ohio.

I ordered it yesterday @ 530pm CST. I am receiving it tomorrow according to UPS tracking. It showed the 6th but then updated with the 5th. Im in Chicago

diehard

Fleer
Why did they not make the "FMJ" attachment at least be "Steelcore"? FMJ is required by NATO, so are they saying that without that you are using Hollow Point, and should be doing more flesh damage?

Kibbles said:
Hmm, I got a USPS tracking number, so far it says "There is no record of this item. " but I got the overnight shipping (express).

Since it's express, there's a good chance you will get the item before they update the tracking. Check tomorrow morning.

Kibbles

cameltoe said:
when did you buy it?
Earlier today. He sent me a message saying "Dear customer, your order shipping today via usps express mail, your tracking number is [...]". That was around 3:20 central time.
Dolla Dolla said:
Since it's express, there's a good chance you will get the item before they update the tracking. Check tomorrow morning.
:lol Hmm, yeah last time I had USPS tracking it was terrible. UPS is great. It updates quite a bit and even gives you an estimated delivery.

Voltron64

I heard people were finding copies so I went out and searched...look what I found...

IMG00025-20091104-1713.jpg

It's safe to go online with this right?

Eric WK

Voltron64 said:

Oh you motherfucker. Half my friends list is going to have this before me.

Yeah, you can go online fine. Only pirates getting banned, but leaderboards being reset at launch.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Voltron64 said:
I heard people were finding copies so I went out and searched...look what I found...

Sure is. No way you can get banned for playing a game you purchased. Think of it like this.

Average non internet viewing person buys MW2 early unknowingly. Goes onto Xbox live, days later...is banned. Makes no sense.

First impressions, MW2 is ghadam awesome MP. You don't really notice the hud. Will put up some HD videos later.

Yep. As long as it's legit, you're not getting banned.

Harmonix was actually congratulating people who managed to get Rock Band 2 early last year.

For those that are finding the game early...are you finding it at big chains like gamestop or walmart? or local mom and pop shops?

Will have more impressions of SP (PS3 version) tonight.

I hope the MP works for me, as it kept kicking me off and resetting my internet connection. Do you think it's on IW's end trying to keep people off until release date? It just seems odd I keep getting DNS errors with just MW2.

Also, I have 12% of the trophies - some are very cool to get as a nice surprise - won't say which ones ;)

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
djblackice said:
Will have more impressions of SP (PS3 version) tonight.

I hope the MP works for me, as it kept kicking me off and resetting my internet connection. Do you think it's on IW's end trying to keep people off until release date? It just seems odd I keep getting DNS errors with just MW2.

Also, I have 12% of the trophies - some are very cool to get as a nice surprise - won't say which ones ;)
wait until the 9th at around 9:30. at least that's what i've been hearing.

Voltron64

Thanks guys...I was pretty sure it's safe to go online, I just didn't want to get lumped in with all the pirates. They must have a way to detect a burned copy.

doomed1 said:
wait until the 9th at around 9:30. at least that's what i've been hearing.

Cool. It's weird because the people playing online don't seem to be having the same problems for the half a minute I am in the lobby with them.

Where did you hear this?

Raxus

Sucks sitting on my hands for the game I didn't want to order from Ebay since I am all the way from the east coast (Kentucky :( )

Eric WK

Raxus said:
Sucks sitting on my hands for the game I didn't want to order from Ebay since I am all the way from the east coast (Kentucky :( )

Same. I live in New York and wasn't going to spend $25 to have it shipped and not get it until Monday or something.

J-Rzez

diehard said:
Why did they not make the "FMJ" attachment at least be "Steelcore"? FMJ is required by NATO, so are they saying that without that you are using Hollow Point, and should be doing more flesh damage?

That was similar to my question earlier, which tied into a BHD discussion. FMJ is less effective at anti-personnel than hollow points or frangible type ammo's. If you use FMJ, it should reduce killing ability for the added armpen.

If FMJ is the new Deep Impact, than Hollowpoints should be the new stopping power.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
djblackice said:
Cool. It's weird because the people playing online don't seem to be having the same problems for the half a minute I am in the lobby with them.

Where did you hear this?
it was something that was floating around that a GS employee apparently mentioned. take it with a grain of salt, but whatever.

PBY

Banned
So... I want to get the middle limited edition, but to my surprise, its nowhere to be found on the GS site... They dont even have the goggles version...What the hell? all they have listed is some weird "veteran statue bundle" that includes a shitty statue plus the game for 140 bucks:lol :lol :lol :lol

seriously, tho, is the le an anti-gs exclusive or something? Its on amazon, but not on GS...

edit: heres the pic of the bundle :lol :lol
B200665Ab.jpg

Raxus

peterb0y said:
So... I want to get the middle limited edition, but to my surprise, its nowhere to be found on the GS site... They dont even have the goggles version...What the hell? all they have listed is some weird "veteran statue bundle" that includes a shitty statue plus the game for 140 bucks:lol :lol :lol :lol

seriously, tho, is the le an anti-gs exclusive or something? Its on amazon, but not on GS... I WANT MY HARDENED EDITION GS
Are you European? I don't think the EU SKU ever got the hardened edition. The regular Pres. Ed. is sold out.

freitax

where is eurogaf buying/importing their copy? I made the pre order at shop.to (uk), but now I'm thinking I probably made a mistake, it's cheaper if I import the US version from axelmusic, decision, decisions.

Voltron64 said:

Um, how are you finding it? Just asking at retailers and seeing if theyre uninformed enough to sell it?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Vercingetorix said:
Um, how are you finding it? Just asking at retailers and seeing if theyre uninformed enough to sell it?
Hope a mom and pop store has :(
Alot of big chain retailers like Target and Walmart have it in their system to not sell streetdated stuff anymore sadly :/

otakuderek

kamspy said:
Bah, Wednesday.

If I order from this guy do I have any chance at getting it by Saturday?

I'm in Ohio.

I live in Ohio too. I ordered it this afternoon and it has shipped with my tracking saying it will be here tomorrow! :D What part of Ohio?

Tzeentch

Am I misunderstanding the physics of that spoiler scene?
A nuclear explosion has NO blast in space, so why the heck is the space station shredded like that?

F#A#Oo

Banned
freitax said:
where is eurogaf buying/importing their copy? I made the pre order at shop.to (uk), but now I'm thinking I probably made a mistake, it's cheaper if I import the US version from axelmusic, decision, decisions.

£28...ASDA...Midnight...that is all.

Top Bottom