• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Tzeentch said:
Am I misunderstanding the physics of that spoiler scene?
A nuclear explosion has NO blast in space, so why the heck is the space station shredded like that?
you think the average CoD player has heard of physics?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Tadale said:
Soundtrack was kind of embarrassing.
Same song that they're using in the TV ad.

Couldn't believe they chose Eminem when I first heard it, to be honest.
J-Rzez said:
I don't mind Eminem, but that song does not fit what so ever. Terrible selection, but they're just trying to cater to what I'd imagine is their largest audience.
Agreed and agreed. ;)

NeoUltima

Why the fuck did they choose the piece of shit song ugh...Now I just got spoiled but didn't get any awesomeness from it cause that piece of shit ruined the trailer.

PBY

Banned
:lol :lol @ that trailer. COD 4 was never realistic, but it did try to put on at least a facade of military authenticity.. This is some Army of Two shit, made only better by Eminem:lol I don't care that its not realistic though in the least, I just think its interesting where the series is headed

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wow, lot of haters. I love that song, it fit well to, because, well, if you didn't notice, the whole trailer was of Michael Bay proportions and all kinds of (amazing) ridiculousness.

Tzeentch

Haters gonna hate. :lol

The Infamy background music was FAR more badass. However, at least they synced the transitions to the beat fairly well.

Victrix said:
They seem sort of... pointless. They unlock quickly, and just add more power to existing perks.

Dunno. Think I would have preferred a fourth perk slot, or customizable perks to upgraded perks.

PERK 4

DOLBY HEADPHONE
l1_g_dolbyhphone.jpg

Increased situational awareness

Pro upgrades should be turned on/off based on you maintaining a certain kdr (1.5+ fair?).

Tzeentch said:
Haters gonna hate. :lol

The Infamy background music was FAR more badass. However, at least they synced the transitions to the beat fairly well.

what.. is a hater someone that doesn't fellate every single fucking part of a trailer? grow up. the game looks and will be phenomenal, but that song is hot trash and doesn't fit one bit.

The problem is just that it gives off this sickening vibe of trying to be so hip and cool and as mentioned they could have used Hans Zimmer music, which even on his worst days is absurdly better than that song.

"yeah, 'UNF Modern Warfare 2 holds up two fingers at the camera BITCH"

Animator

TheHeretic said:
MW2 keeps on giving, an Eminem song in the release trailer...

:lol :lol :lol

Hans Zimmer put to great use boys!

I much prefer it to Hans Zimmer in the trailer and Eminem in the game. :lol

ZZMitch

Looks like I will be on the side lines for at least a week for MW2...

Damn Xbox just took a tumble playing the L4D2 Demo, my second to kick the bucket via RRoD :(

Dude Abides

Banned
Eminem song adds to the bro-ish bullshit direction the marketing has taken of late. Really hope that shit has not crept into the game itself. CoD4 had kind of a melancholy tone that I liked and this is diametrically opposed.

Dabanton said:
Because they're ballers

Or for friends or to sell to people who desperately want the game and are prepared to pay silly prices.

I'm just jealous, I can't even afford one copy due to impending Christmas gifts, loans, and bills :lol

dagZ said:
I bought three one for my brother, and one for my friend.

that would be awesome, if one of my friends found a game early and is like here look what I picked you up, I would shit myself.

Raxus

brandonh83 said:
that would be awesome, if one of my friends found a game early and is like here look what I picked you up, I would shit myself.
You messed it up you were supposed to say. "...isn't that right friend" wink wink nudge nudge.

beast786

Is there even a PS3 version leaked out early?

Probably one of the few but i actually looking forward for SP more than MP.

Top Bottom