• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

thomastoad

Neo Member
If I was new to the series this trailer would steer me clear of the game. Although their target audience probably falls right in line with this trailer.

Argyle

beast786 said:
Is there even a PS3 version leaked out early?

Probably one of the few but i actually looking forward for SP more than MP.
Ps3 version is out too. Friend of mine got it.
CIMG0607.jpg
Playing co-op now. 200 people playing MP an hour ago. Let me try to post a pic of the case (on my phone).

V_Ben

Banned
neojubei said:
Hey Beast, if you are buying this game add me, I'm trying to find others who are buying the PS3 version.

i'm gonna end up getting the ps3 version too, if u wanna add me, i'm V_Ben

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TheExecutive said:
So is anyone on here getting the ps3 version? Trying to decide on the 360 or PS3 version...
I am...might eventually get 360 version once a good deal comes for it though to play with other friends.

Mully

Confirmed! Eminem is a playable character in MW2.

Seriously though. I just saw the Eminem vs. Jay-Z DJ Hero and had an "A ha!" moment. Of course they would choose Eminem for the MW2 launch trailer. Why waste Hans Zimmer when you can use an artist from another one of Activision's games.

I'm getting the PS3 version. Add me if you guys need another fool who is not very good at the game but is willing to learn.
(Check profile for PSN ID)

TheExecutive said:
So is anyone on here getting the ps3 version? Trying to decide on the 360 or PS3 version...

I will be on PS3 and plenty of my friends are doing the same as well. There will obviously be much more people on the 360 version, but PS3 version will still have tons of people to play as well.

PBY

Banned
gotta love youtube comments;

jester1176 (13 seconds ago)
This is epic. Awesome job, Infinity Ward.

ecnodavid123456 (13 seconds ago)
jizzed

dylandylandylan16 (15 seconds ago)
This gave me suuuch a boner.

kakashi187 (15 seconds ago)
I.......Came....

salmonellaseasoning1 (18 seconds ago)
what song is that?

johnnycakes8787 (20 seconds ago)
i am so fucking excited. Americans look so bad ass in this

doremon9 (28 seconds ago) Show
BEST TRAILER IVE EVER SEEN

IEarnMyRespect (48 minutes ago)
Eminem ? FUCKING DOPE

Hornets2222 (49 minutes ago)
yeeeeeeeeee son dope shit

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
TheExecutive said:

Getting the PS3 version just need to add more people to my friend's list.

Mully

peterb0y said:
gotta love youtube comments;

jester1176 (13 seconds ago)
This is epic. Awesome job, Infinity Ward.

ecnodavid123456 (13 seconds ago)
jizzed

dylandylandylan16 (15 seconds ago)
This gave me suuuch a boner.

kakashi187 (15 seconds ago)
I.......Came....

salmonellaseasoning1 (18 seconds ago)
what song is that?

johnnycakes8787 (20 seconds ago)
i am so fucking excited. Americans look so bad ass in this
doremon9 (28 seconds ago) Show
BEST TRAILER IVE EVER SEEN

IEarnMyRespect (48 minutes ago)
Eminem ? FUCKING DOPE
Hornets2222 (49 minutes ago)
yeeeeeeeeee son dope shit

You gotta love Middle America.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
SolidSquirrel said:
Why have I heard nothing about the 3rd person mode mentioned in the OP?

Why is it included? Is there any more info out there?
There are certain multiplayer playlists that are 3rd person-only.

That's it.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Dartastic said:
...I think the real question is, has anyone gotten an early copy of Call of Duty...4 Reflex? I WANTS ME SOME SCREENS!
that's a question you ask in the official thread. it's in my thread history.

but to save you the trip, no, no one has, though someone DID manage to get some pictures of the back of the box!

*takes a 5th of vodka and cries deeply*

Eric WK

Got something cooked up to try and get a copy tomorrow from the same place another person in this thread got it. Not sure if I'll be able to, but if not I still have my Astro's coming tomorrow so it won't be a total loss.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
brandonh83 said:
Who uses a knife, I tear plastic open with my claws.
Yeah? Well I tear it open with either my MIND or my PENIS, whichever I feel is more masculine/appropriate on that particular day.

Further MP impressions (so far):

Wow. PS3 version ran smooth as hell (much different from yesterday). Action is 100 x as intense. I thought they were really going to butcher it with all the changes, but it plays amazing. Graphics did take a small dip (but expected for MP).

They even show the game winning kill at the end of the match. That was a nice touch.

Dartastic

doomed1 said:
that's a question you ask in the official thread. it's in my thread history.

but to save you the trip, no, no one has, though someone DID manage to get some pictures of the back of the box!

*takes a 5th of vodka and cries deeply*

I was just playing around. =p Actually took a look at the thread right after I posted that...

I do wonder what the hell is going on with that game. o.0

200 or so people online. Level 20's already.

Annoying users already, hahaha.

(PS3 version) - someone keeps yelling "Swine flu!"

djblackice said:
200 or so people online. Level 20's already.

Annoying users already, hahaha.

(PS3 version) - someone keeps yelling "Swine flu!"

Just wondering, you mentioned infinite respawing enemies were still in, is that true, and if so are they really annoying like the first game, well at least on harder difficulties they were a pain.

They went and spoiled probably the biggest thing about this game in the commercial. Wow.

Not to mention that commercial is the most disgusting video game commercial I have ever seen.

CrazedArabMan said:
Just wondering, you mentioned infinite respawing enemies were still in, is that true, and if so are they really annoying like the first game, well at least on harder difficulties they were a pain.

Oh, I was mentioning from World at War. I haven't played the veteran mode to see if this is the case in MW2. Sorry if I didn't respond or clarify earlier.

Top Bottom