• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Nardonicus said:

o.0

Holy shit, that looks SO GOOD. I wasn't even that into COD4 MP, but MW2 just looks... godly. I put ~24 hours into MW1 multi but MW2 looks to be my game of choice into 2010.

The game has so many simultaneous positive feedback loops running that it's boggling. In any given match you're doing the following (in roughly order of importance):

1) Working to win the match/complete the objective.
2) Earning points to level up and unlock new goodies.
3) Racking up killstreak rewards
4) Completing context-specific challenges (calling in X UAV's, etc)
5) Working towards completing larger weapon challenges.

Sooo many awesome little details, like the slo-mo final kill replay, controlling the guided missile, etc.

Edit: Just about the only negative is that it seems like you're VERY vulnerable. In COD4 kills/deaths came easier than other shooters, but it seems like the damage has been amped up even more for MW2...

zewone

Rice-Eater said:
Is there any pics or vids of the new ACOG? I was looking around youtube and found this on the Intervention. It's not the normal scope nor is it the holographic scope that you mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwF11lfuBMI&feature=related#t=0m13s

It zooms about 2x and the scope takes up your entire screen just like the ACOG. But fortunately that stupid arrow is gone and now we have 2 intersecting lines, which should make targeting easier, especially for sniper rifles. Anyways is this the new ACOG or is it another scope?
That was the thermal scope he was using at that mark.

I've just seen the ACOG from gameplay videos on live feed. The new ACOG does have two intersecting lines that make it much easier to use.

A.R.K said:
thanks for impressions DJ but no screen pics so far??? :)

Sorry, I don't have a device to capture screenshots and my digital camera is pretty old. I don't think you need me to take screenshots as the ones that have been released are pretty close in comparison.

The game looks good and runs good. Like I said earlier, I'm still spoiled by UC2 so I keep telling myself that the game is a different beast and to evaluate from that standpoint.

Here is my take on the "controversial" mission I posted elsewhere (spoilers just in case but I don't reveal any plot lines or twists):

It felt very weird playing it. It really did, and I actually don't even know why they put it in there to make the "storyline" point they could have made through other means.

I actually hope there is an uprising over it so I can hear from IW why they decided to include it in there and listen to their rationale.

It's not fast paced. It's just...there. It's a slow methodical set of scenes where you are going through and you realize, is this really necessary?

Maybe that's the emotion IW was trying to convey and help portray the sadistic side of one of the villains in the game. I don't know, but I definitely feel it could have been done differently.

Dynamic3

Rice-Eater said:
Is there any pics or vids of the new ACOG? I was looking around youtube and found this on the Intervention. It's not the normal scope nor is it the holographic scope that you mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwF11lfuBMI&feature=related#t=0m13s

It zooms about 2x and the scope takes up your entire screen just like the ACOG. But fortunately that stupid arrow is gone and now we have 2 intersecting lines, which should make targeting easier, especially for sniper rifles. Anyways is this the new ACOG or is it another scope?

It's a diff scope, although I don't know what exactly. All ACOG sights have illuminated reticles (fiber optics).

Edit: I think I was looking at a different point in the vid.

What remix of Silence was that?

Nardonicus said:
I'm watching it now. Looks great. There's only one thing though...

25hit0z.jpg

wat

Are Gamestop stores everywhere releasing MW2 on 11/09/09, or is it just a few of them?

Because my local Gamestop is, but I don't know if it means it will be a Midnight release on Monday, or it will just come out an hour or two earlier than Midnight on Tuesday.

Guess I should call them. :p

Man, that ID card constantly popping into the screen the right side looks really annoying. Is it possible to at least turn off the "zipppp!" sound it makes when it comes in?

Kibbles

-Yeti said:
I remember you saying you couldn't afford it? Did you scrounge around for cash or something?

By the way.. I'm jealous. :p
I did, lol. A friend offered to pay some of it (he doesn't have a 360 and will be coming over like crazy to play it) but I'm going to pay him back soon.

Kibbles said:
I did, lol. A friend offered to pay some of it (he doesn't have a 360 and will be coming over like crazy to play it) but I'm going to pay him back soon.

Well, that's good. Hopefully we'll get to play sometime. I'll be on like non stop for about a week.

Raxus

Qwerty710710 said:
I jumped on that like a sack of potatoes express shipping coming before the weekend. :)

EDIT: tomorrow morning yahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, according to the dates posted express takes 5 business days. You will get it along with everyone else.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Team Klimt said:
Bought :) Hopefully I can just swing over and pick it up tonight as I'm about 10 miles away....

*fingers crossed*

I'm getting mine tomorrow afternoon.

My XBL tag is Saloo Kaloo if anybody wants to play.

Actually, according to the dates posted express takes 5 business days. You will get it along with everyone else.

Nope I got a confirmation email saying im getting it tomorrow and a tracking number already.

What the hell is with the autoaim in that SnD vid?

At around the 1:48 mark on the killcam the guy is reloading then just snaps straight onto the target.

I ran it frame by frame and there is a huge jump. I hope it was a couple of dropped frames or the killcam screwing up.

he's using the Stopping Power Pro perk (increased bullet damage; Pro gives better damage vs. vehicles as well), so that might explain why it seems extra deadly.

PiecesOfEight said:
he's using the Stopping Power Pro perk (increased bullet damage; Pro gives better damage vs. vehicles as well), so that might explain why it seems extra deadly.

Do we know by exactly how much these Pro perks have an advantage? Or how difficult it is to get the Pro perks?

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yeah, slightly worried about that.

From what I've seen in streams, its not just the MP5, weapons in general seem more deadly. I'm happy about the change. It's part of having juggernaut removed, making the game more lethal.

As you can see in that video, when he gets shot by the FAMAS and such he goes down even faster.

Spinning Plates said:
What the hell is with the autoaim in that SnD vid?

At around the 1:48 mark on the killcam the guy is reloading then just snaps straight onto the target.

I ran it frame by frame and there is a huge jump. I hope it was a couple of dropped frames or the killcam screwing up.
Nope, thats just a killcam glitch, happens a lot in COD4.

TimeLike

Vercingetorix said:
Do we know by exactly how much these Pro perks have an advantage? Or how difficult it is to get the Pro perks?

I think the Pro versions unlock by getting x amount of kills while using the regular version of the perk. So like the Pro version of Lightweight would be unlocked by running a number of miles with it equipped.

kuYuri

Is anyone going to buy any of the Madcatz accessories, especially the controllers? I'd like to hear some impressions of them.

Top Bottom