• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

NYR

Upped my kill ratio to a respectable 0.91 and up to Level 26, really happy with that, game is a lot funnier when you are competitive, it was really difficult for me to get used to it for some reason.

Right now, I am swapping between a P90 with Rapid Fire, Red Dot with Perks of Bling Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and Steady Aim Pro.

The other gun I roll with is a SCAR-H with an ACOG, with Perks of Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and Steady Aim Pro.

I swap a lot between the two - I was rolling P90 for awhile, but I hate the recoil, you really need to have the guy lined up if you want to get him - if you get a couple of shots off and get off of him, I am done...

One thing I don't like is a lot of people don't use UAVs any more - Usually, there will be 2 or 3 people per team on TDM that only will get 5-7 kills, let alone a kill streak of more then 5 - I think people are being very greedy with which kill streaks they are using or not being able to ever use. I just hope for the best with a Care Package.

freitax

PSN here, is anyone having a lot more connection problems compared to cod4? It's getting near to the point of being unplayable to me, laggy matches and losing connection to the game all the time, it's pissing me off.

J-Rzez

Son of Godzilla said:
The auto-aiming PISSES ME OFF. The only time I notice it is when it fucks me over. Three guys in the distance, I'm picking them off, and another sprints across mid-range and my fucking crosshairs decide to go insane and track him.

I'm afraid to disable it though because I can't tell when it's helping me.

I don't think you can disable it though, that's the thing. Sucks because I have this same issue at times where I'd get some easy multi-kills, but then it pulls the reticle all around and then they just lite you up.

Jayge

J-Rzez said:
I don't think you can disable it though, that's the thing. Sucks because I have this same issue at times where I'd get some easy multi-kills, but then it pulls the reticle all around and then they just lite you up.
It also pulls through walls. I thought my controller was breaking one match when I kept randomly swiveling around slightly and my connection status was at 4 bars, until I (with my favorite gun ever, the AUG) just blindfired through the walls to test and got a double kill :lol

J-Rzez

Jayge said:
It also pulls through walls. I thought my controller was breaking one match when I kept randomly swiveling around slightly and my connection status was at 4 bars, until I (with my favorite gun ever, the AUG) just blindfired through the walls to test and got a double kill :lol

Yeah, I noticed this too. Auto-Aim is just WAY over-done in this game, but that's what gets the casuals.

Has anybody seen people on estate with both marathon and lightweight equipped? Those fuckers are running around like speedy gonzalez knifing the hell out of everybody. :lol It would be awesome if I weren't so often their target.

Also, somebody was talking about using a silencer and coldblooded vs. just coldblooded. I have a buildout that uses both and I definitely feel like it's the better way to go. I can sneak up on a group of two or three enemies (this has happened a few times on underpass or whatever it's called) and pick them off before they even notice. If I didn't have a silencer on I would either have to get close enough to knife them or alert them after the first guy went down.

chubigans said:
I got five kills with a predator missile once...so damn satisfying.

Also, stupid question time: would a nuke be in a support crate? I got an EMP once from it so I was kinda curious...highly doubt it though.
I was so close to five kills, but the other one ran away from the explosion. I got 4 instead. :lol indeed it's so damn satisfying.

jedimike

Blablurn said:
fuck, i had the my personal best round ever. and suddenly the host migration didnt work. FU FUF UF

That would piss me off as well. I've only been through 3 host migrations out of the hundred or so matches I've played, but I was impressed by how well it worked.

Has anyone else experienced migration errors? I wonder if it happens more frequently on one platform vs another. My experience:

Xbox 360 : 3 migrations, 0 errors

Barrett2

freitax said:
PSN here, is anyone having a lot more connection problems compared to cod4? It's getting near to the point of being unplayable to me, laggy matches and losing connection to the game all the time, it's pissing me off.

On 360 im' also having tons of problems. Game freezes in MP and boots me from games, signs me out of XBOX Live, etc. Lots of issues.

Anyone else finding they play streaky as hell? One game I will have 25/3 KD ratio, next game I will be 14/15 KD. Guess it's just part of learning the maps. :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
God dammit, I got the NEW glitch again. Always says it by create a class under primary for the SCAR, yet there is nothing for it that's new.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
jedimike said:
That would piss me off as well. I've only been through 3 host migrations out of the hundred or so matches I've played, but I was impressed by how well it worked.

Has anyone else experienced migration errors? I wonder if it happens more frequently on one platform vs another. My experience:

There has been about 6 times in matches Ive done where it needed to change host, 2 or 3 of those were errored out, on PS3. Lame because Im usually having good matches :(

Has anybody seen people on estate with both marathon and lightweight equipped? Those fuckers are running around like speedy gonzalez knifing the hell out of everybody. It would be awesome if I weren't so often their target.
Lol thats one of my loadouts, usually use it on start of sabotage match to see if i can plant bomb asap :lol Knifing is fun with it too.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fine with auto-aim. Makes up for the inherently imprecise dual analogue control. If I wanted pin-point precision and accuracy, I wouldn't waste my time on consoles.

jedimike said:

28 hours in, and ive had about, 5 in total, which worked everytime.

Eric WK

Fina1e said:
The maps in this game are complete shit in comparison to the first one.

I have to wonder if the people saying things like this actually played Call of Duty 4 for more than a week, because it's so absurd as to be laughable.

Eric WK

lawblob said:
On 360 im' also having tons of problems. Game freezes in MP and boots me from games, signs me out of XBOX Live, etc. Lots of issues.

Anyone else finding they play streaky as hell? One game I will have 25/3 KD ratio, next game I will be 14/15 KD. Guess it's just part of learning the maps. :lol

Not too many problems for me at all.

We need to play soon!

Eric WK said:
I have to wonder if the people saying things like this actually played Call of Duty 4 for more than a week, because it's so absurd as to be laughable.
25 days played in CoD4 and I agree with him (relative to CoD4). OPINIONZ LOL!

Fina1e

Eric WK said:

2.5:1 ratio, played since release.

The maps are still complete shit outside of Skidrow and Favela.

Eric WK

DevelopmentArrested said:

Really? Complete shit?

Crash, Strike and Backlot are the only three that compare to the average MW2 map. I loved many of the Call of Duty 4 maps, but playing this game you realize how bland and straightforward most of them were. The verticality makes a huge difference.

surferkid said:
So where on their website do you go to check your online stats at? Cause for the life of me I can't find it...

You don't. Infinity Ward is garbage.

I haven't tried it yet, because I don't mind it. But I was looking in the options for the game and I could have sworn I saw the ability to disable "Aim Assist." Does that not entirely work or something? Because I see an awful lot of you going on about how it cannot be disabled.

Chrange

Banned
jedimike said:

22 hours of multiplayer: 2 migrations, 1 lost game

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I find it really strange that they have no site stat tracking.

And I've had 3 dropped games and 2 host migrations. It's not too bad.

Both of my migrations were in hardcore TDM with people dropping out after they got killed a few times.

Papercuts said:
God dammit, I got the NEW glitch again. Always says it by create a class under primary for the SCAR, yet there is nothing for it that's new.

User error isn't a "glitch". You have new camo open on your gun. Select a secondary weapon on it and you'll see the new color you can add.

JB1981

Made a few attempts to play Spec Ops with a fellow gaffer last night and the lag was terrible (PS3 version). Has anyone else had this experience?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
JB1981 said:
Made a few attempts to play Spec Ops with a fellow gaffer last night and the lag was terrible (PS3 version). Has anyone else had this experience?
Whenever my friend hosts its horrible lag, but when I host its fine...shrug his connection is fine too

ZZMitch

Gosh, the maps in this game are just so well made compared to the Cod4 maps. I am still finding different places to go. There are just so many open doors, small alleyways and the like that really make the maps feel more like real locations instead of walled off areas that the first game felt like.

Right now I am loving the W2000, Scar, Aug and P90, my K/d is 1.38... Amazing game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I played split-screen Spec Ops last night with a mate, and it was great. We played through the first set, and enjoyed the sniper mission so much that we skipped forward to the Chernobyl one. :lol

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch

I liked the COD4 maps better as well. Maybe the situation will improve with map packs but they could have done a better job designing these knowing what people are going to do in this game with all of the new features.

xbhaskarx

Great:
Favela
Invasion
Karachi
Rundown
Terminal
Underpass

Good:
Derail
Highrise
Quarry
Scrapyard
Sub-base
Skidrow

Godawful:
Rust
Wasteland
Estate
Afghan

Everyone seems to be complaining about 4-5 maps, and it's usually not even the same ones that others are complaining about.
The only map I really don't like is Wasteland.

ZZMitch

xbhaskarx said:
Everyone seems to be complaining about 4-5 maps, and it's usually not even the same ones that others are complaining about.
The only map I really don't like is Wasteland.

A lot of people must really hate snipers judging from this list! :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Inferno313 said:
I haven't tried it yet, because I don't mind it. But I was looking in the options for the game and I could have sworn I saw the ability to disable "Aim Assist." Does that not entirely work or something? Because I see an awful lot of you going on about how it cannot be disabled.
That's only for campaign and spec ops. The multiplayer options don't have it listed.

And I agree that no stat tracking is stupid, especially when so many things are counted, there's just no way of seeing them. Like at the end of a match, you'll get accolades such as "most kills of same player", "highest multi-kill", etc. If those things are being tracked, why not let me see them more in-depth? Even if only at the end of the game — that would be better than nothing.

Sean

Banned
I like Highrise, Terminal, Karachi, Skidrow, Undeprass, and Sub Base.

The rest of the maps range from okay (Invasion, Favela, Quarry) to crappy (Wasteland, Estate, Afghan - these are all far too sniper heavy).

surferkid

Banned
vatstep said:
That's only for campaign and spec ops. The multiplayer options don't have it listed.

And I agree that no stat tracking is stupid, especially when so many things are counted, there's just no way of seeing them. Like at the end of a match, you'll get accolades such as "most kills of same player", "highest multi-kill", etc. If those things are being tracked, why not let me see them more in-depth? Even if only at the end of the game — that would be better than nothing.

Most definitely....I got sooo used to checking my online stats with Halo 3/Killzone 2 I assumed that IW would be implementing it into MW2....guess I was wrong.

Aspiring

I'm utterly amazed at how good people are online. I consider myself pretty good at CoD games. I beat CoD 2 on Veteran, half of WaW on Veteran, and Modern Warfare on Verteran as well. But online i just get hammered! Although i did get my highest killstreak last night . . . 3 :lol

Also i know the 360 is getting a map pack exclusive for a while or so, but does anybody know how long that will be for? And will that include Spec Ops missions?

DMeisterJ

Banned
NameGenerated said:
I love when Harriers come out. Free 300 points! :D

Samesies!

But I love getting mine and just spamming missiles getting Triple Kills before I die.

JasonMCG said:
Why am I not on winning teams EVER? My win ratio is 0.08. :(

I am the cry baby troll.

Play with GAF
????
Profit

Sean said:
I like Highrise, Terminal, Karachi, Skidrow, Undeprass, and Sub Base.

The rest of the maps range from okay (Invasion, Favela, Quarry) to crappy (Wasteland, Estate, Afghan - these are all far too sniper heavy).

Agreed on all fronts.

Pctx

Banned
Got a chance to play this on my roommates 360 last night....

Pretty addictive... even more so than Borderlands.

With all the issues with the PS3 version, I think I am better off waiting until it gets patched before jumping in.

I'd say though that it doesn't really innovate anything but is a further refinement of CoD4's MP. Fun times though.

Just wasted a good 20 minutes trying to play with a friend only to have a bunc of 'cannot find host' or whatever errors. This after playing online for the last couple days with no other problems. Fuck, can this game be frustrating.

Jayge

Eric WK said:
You keep saying that, but... you keep saying that. You never back it up with anything.

I need to stop doing this.

2ypjl1j.jpg

Are you guys rocking [GAF] clan tags?

I was in case someone gets matched with me. I haven't seen anyone yet though but then again theres lots of people out there. How do I play with gaffers?

Narag

palpabl_purpura said:
Looks like this game will be as camptastic as WAW, or maybe worse. I will stick to single player and co-op.

Only played like 75 matches of TDM but haven't seen a case where camping wasn't clearable with a bit of teamwork.

Top Bottom