• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

The auto-aiming PISSES ME OFF. The only time I notice it is when it fucks me over. Three guys in the distance, I'm picking them off, and another sprints across mid-range and my fucking crosshairs decide to go insane and track him.

I'm afraid to disable it though because I can't tell when it's helping me.

jiien

HooCares said:
I'm surprised by all the people using Cold Blooded in their setups and not a silenced weapon.

You're going to appear on radar every time you shoot your gun. This is far more often than the time spent on radar under an enemy UAV. Surprisingly, I'm noticing many players aren't even using UAV as a killstreak anymore, further diminishing the value of cold blooded.

If you're going stealth silence/anything + cold blooded is obviously the best setup but if you are only going to choose one of those then silence > cold blooded.

Disagree. If I don't see anyone, I sometimes fire off my gun to let people know where I am. Bring them to me, and destroy them.

If you're constantly moving, and especially if you're working with teammates, then you lose too much damage (actually, range, but this affects damage) with the silencer.

I think, assuming you aren't camping, the best way to go is Ninja and Coldblooded. No one will know where you are till you shoot, and when you shoot, you kill.

Just my opinion though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
HooCares said:
I'm surprised by all the people using Cold Blooded in their setups and not a silenced weapon.

You're going to appear on radar every time you shoot your gun. This is far more often than the time spent on radar under an enemy UAV. Surprisingly, I'm noticing many players aren't even using UAV as a killstreak anymore, further diminishing the value of cold blooded.

If you're going stealth silence/anything + cold blooded is obviously the best setup but if you are only going to choose one of those then silence > cold blooded.
Death by airstrike and predator and chopper AND ac130 AND PAVELOW is way more frustrating to me.

I like having bling, but frankly I miss having sleight of hand pro.

ACE 1991

Son of Godzilla said:
The auto-aiming PISSES ME OFF. The only time I notice it is when it fucks me over. Three guys in the distance, I'm picking them off, and another sprints across mid-range and my fucking crosshairs decide to go insane and track him.

I'm afraid to disable it though because I can't tell when it's helping me.

I don't think you can disable it.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
dwin45 said:
I liked Overgrown and it looked similar to Creek which I liked a lot too.

Oh god, how could you like creek. That map gives you two choices - try and snipe or camp the cave.... greeeaaaatttt. I like sniping and all but that map was terrible imo.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
DevelopmentArrested said:
because its a bore. I haven't seen a team score over 3500 on that map yet.

It is dreadful for Hardcore Team Deathmatch because nobody that isn't using a heartbeat sensor moves at all. I've never seen the score limit reached on it either.

Having the one man army perk is pretty useful. Whenever the harrier or the copters get called in I switch to my cold blooded / stinger missle load out and shoot them down.

I think I am going to be playing mostly sabotage. I don't like the new version of headquarters and Domination is pretty much a camp/noob tube/scavenger fest.

J-Rzez

I have never ever in a game see so many people in a lobby yell "vote" or say "back out, it's this shit map" and 2+ people leave. It happens nearly ever single game too.

Infinity Ward, in law enforcement, that's called a clue. LOL.

Though I'm sure they're too busy writing down on $100 bills on where to go shopping next to really care.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
noire said:
Took me a minute to get used to it. I was focused on it when I first equipped it, now it's invisible to me until I hear the beep.

Good/bad thing is that there doesn't appear to be a way to avoid it (cold blooded, etc.), so stealth setups have a weakness now.

um, the ninja perk is specifically for not showing up on those =)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
noire said:
Took me a minute to get used to it. I was focused on it when I first equipped it, now it's invisible to me until I hear the beep.

Good/bad thing is that there doesn't appear to be a way to avoid it (cold blooded, etc.), so stealth setups have a weakness now.
Ninja perk, right?

MMaRsu

Ogs said:
Skidrow remind anyone of cs_backalley ? Love that map. Airport gives me that old school cs_747 feeling too :D

I love Airport too, it does give me a cs747 vibe and that is why I fucking love it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Y2Kev said:
I like having bling, but frankly I miss having sleight of hand pro.
I don't think I could go without sleight of hand pro. I reload constantly and I always aim down the sights (almost never fire from the hip). I was using marathon at first, but I realized I was sprinting way too much, and getting myself killed because of it (although it's great for sneaking up and knifing people).

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
J-Rzez said:
I have never ever in a game see so many people in a lobby yell "vote" or say "back out, it's this shit map" and 2+ people leave. It happens nearly ever single game too.

Infinity Ward, in law enforcement, that's called a clue. LOL.

Though I'm sure they're too busy writing down on $100 bills on where to go shopping next to really care.

haha have you ever played halo? at all? i suddenly recall 7 yr olds yelling VETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETO

Robot 492

Banned
I'm looking for one person to help me run through some Spec Ops missions on Veteran right now. Preferably someone with a mic.

I got all the Alpha ones done, so right now I'm working on Bravo and Charlie.

Anyone interested?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I just picked this game up and I am loving the MP maps... way better than MW1. They're like a perfect blend of CoD5 and MW1.

There's just more suspense this time around. You really feel like you're in the shit rather than in a map designed around specific choke point/capture points/etc. I dunno, there's more of a Ghost Recon influence this time around or something.

NG28

I can't believe how much auto aim the chopper gunner has. It's so frustrating when you watch the kill cam and the cross hair isn't anywhere near you.

Robot 492

Banned
NG28 said:
I can't believe how much auto aim the chopper gunner has. It's so frustrating when you watch the kill cam and the cross hair isn't anywhere near you.
That frustrates me so much. The chopper fucking mows down everything.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
NG28 said:

Especially when it's the game ending kill. Seeing it in slomo not even be close to people shows how ridiculous it can be.

X26

Banned
NG28 said:

Yea as long as one of those white crosshairs is floting nearby an enemy it'll hit them, pretty stupid

Speaking of the gunner, I got one today o nthe worst possible map: skidrow :lol
Got only 1 kill with it and it was probably just pity

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
School+Work+Relationship=Sleeping 5 hours a night at most. This game has brought this number down to 2 hours, and god fucking damn, it's so worth it!

Papercuts said:
Especially when it's the game ending kill. Seeing it in slomo not even be close to people shows how ridiculous it can be.

I think it's to offset how the gun likes to swing around, making it difficult to get precision aiming for more than a second or two.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what does intel look like? beat the whole game and didn't find a single one. now replaying on veteran and still can't find any.

Chopper Gunner is far and away the best killstreak reward IMO. AC130 #2, Pave Low #3.

Attack heli is awful; Predator only gets 1 or 2 max (same with airstrikes); Carrier is so inconsistent.

(Nuke excluding)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Absoludacrous said:
I think it's to offset how the gun likes to swing around, making it difficult to get precision aiming for more than a second or two.

I guess, but they went a little overboard with it. Seeing a killcam where I run into a building with the bullets lagging behind me for a death inside the building is tragic. ;_;

catfish said:
what does intel look like? beat the whole game and didn't find a single one. now replaying on veteran and still can't find any.

They're laptops you get a popup to hold X on. I only found like 5-6 and they aren't highlighted at all, so they seem hard to notice.

Robot 492

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
I always have a Stinger on me so the Chopper is down as soon as it comes out.
When do you unlock the Stinger? I just got the game last night and I'm only a level 13.

---

edit: Still looking for a Spec-Ops partner!

NG28

OldJadedGamer said:
I always have a Stinger on me so the Chopper is down as soon as it comes out.

I wish there was more people like you on my team. Unfortunately, most people don't have anti air. I personally like my Rangers too much to carry anything else.

J-Rzez

CheapChampagne said:
haha have you ever played halo? at all? i suddenly recall 7 yr olds yelling VETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETOVETO

I played it of course but I don't think that it was ever to the levels that this game has reached. It's really really bad in this one. I just need this game to hold me over until Jan. : /

Blablurn said:
you did :-o i joined your game. thank god joining is pretty easy in MW2!

Ah cool. Thought it would be a bit weird if I had just randomly stumbled into a game that you were in :p

Have to admit, I did try and hunt you down as much as possible! :D :p

Eric WK

DevelopmentArrested said:
Chopper Gunner is far and away the best killstreak reward IMO. AC130 #2, Pave Low #3.

Attack heli is awful; Predator only gets 1 or 2 max (same with airstrikes); Carrier is so inconsistent.

(Nuke excluding)

I prefer the Harrier to the Pave Low. The actual air strike rarely gets more than one kill (if that), but on certain maps it just cleans up while hovering. It almost always gets me to Chopper Gunner on its own and without the Pave Low in the nine slot, I don't have to wait for anything to leave the air.

Robot 492

Banned
I got thrown in a game today that was close to the end, and right before the limit was reached, some dude used the Nuke. Shit was intense!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I got five kills with a predator missile once...so damn satisfying.

Also, stupid question time: would a nuke be in a support crate? I got an EMP once from it so I was kinda curious...highly doubt it though.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
NG28 said:
I wish there was more people like you on my team. Unfortunately, most people don't have anti air. I personally like my Rangers too much to carry anything else.
So you really can't complain about air support, because you realize that you can have an anti-air Stinger missile, but you choose to have the shotguns instead. You can't always rely on your team to take down the air support, sometimes you have to rely on yourself.

Eric WK

chubigans said:
I got five kills with a predator missile once...so damn satisfying.

Also, stupid question time: would a nuke be in a support crate? I got an EMP once from it so I was kinda curious...highly doubt it though.

Nope. Only goes up to EMP.

Top Bottom