• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

ZeroRay

Blu_LED said:
They went and spoiled probably the biggest thing about this game in the commercial. Wow.

Not to mention that commercial is the most disgusting video game commercial I have ever seen.

Guess you didn't see the WAW commercial.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Dartastic said:
I was just playing around. =p Actually took a look at the thread right after I posted that...

I do wonder what the hell is going on with that game. o.0
I honestly have no clue. there are theories, but i'm not nearly that much of a pessimist. quite the opposite really. I'm sure the game will be fine, it's just activition's treatment is a bit odd...

anyway, back on topic: i'm still not buying MW2, but at least i can mooch off of a friend :D

Sallokin

Damn all you who are getting the game early. I wish there were some M&Ps in Colorado Springs. Oh well, it's not that long until next week
yes it is =(

djblackice said:
Oh, I was mentioning from World at War. I haven't played the veteran mode to see if this is the case in MW2. Sorry if I didn't respond or clarify earlier.

Ok, good, so they don't infinitely respawn, well at least they fixed that. Now I will applaud them if they actually make playing Veteran difficulty fun instead of a hassle.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Blu_LED said:
They went and spoiled probably the biggest thing about this game in the commercial. Wow.

Not to mention that commercial is the most disgusting video game commercial I have ever seen.
wtf I thought it was awesome!

made me want to murder anyone who wasn't pure-blooded American.

djblackice said:
Further MP impressions (so far):

Wow. PS3 version ran smooth as hell (much different from yesterday). Action is 100 x as intense. I thought they were really going to butcher it with all the changes, but it plays amazing. Graphics did take a small dip (but expected for MP).

They even show the game winning kill at the end of the match. That was a nice touch.

Every video ive seen the graphics look better. Your saying there is a dip in the graphics?

FiOSGuy

Collateral Damage Tag :P
img1645h.jpg

Massa said:
Spoiler from the trailer...

SPACE? WTF?

My thoughts exactly. Looked pretty awesome though.
(That trailer besides the first one released is all I've seen of the game).

P.S.: Online Petitions are fucking stupid. Good luck wasting your energy.

ZeroRay

Tzeentch said:
How do you spoil WWII?

Nah just the badness of the commercial, it featured some rock song that I thought was stupid and didn't fit the game at all. Or was it a trailer? Can't remember.

Anyone know if the credit for the CoD 1 download in the hardened edition is actually in the case, or do I have to rely on the GameStop employee at the register to remember to give it to me? They already told me before it only came with the prestige edition, which I'm pretty sure was bs.

XAL

Buckethead said:
P.S.: Online Petitions are fucking stupid. Good luck wasting your energy.

Doesn't require much energy, less than 60 seconds.

They may not work most of the time but at least it's a way to express disapproval so that IW can maybe consider fixing it if there's a big enough outcry.

At a recent panel at Best Buy IW already said that adding dedicated servers for PC is a possibility to be patched in the future. I doubt they would have considered thinking about adding dedicated servers if PC users didn't get as mad as they did.

Tzeentch

ZeroRay said:
Nah just the badness of the commercial, it featured some rock song that I thought was stupid and didn't fit the game at all. Or was it a trailer? Can't remember.
Ah. Yeah I can see that. Wouldn't surprise me to see a WWII game commercial using NiN these days.

Dammit, I already got awesome 3 games from the buy 2 get a 3rd free from Bestbuy, but it's really hard to not to buy this when my next week's paycheck comes in, but it looks so awesome.

hamchan

Mully said:
You gotta love Middle America.
It's pretty funny he's saying that. I always considered the UK dudes like Soap and Price to be the main characters in COD4 with the American only being side characters.

Argyle

XAL said:
Doesn't require much energy, less than 60 seconds.

They may not work most of the time but at least it's a way to express disapproval so that IW can maybe consider fixing it if there's a big enough outcry.

At a recent panel at Best Buy IW already said that adding dedicated servers for PC is a possibility to be patched in the future. I doubt they would have considered thinking about adding dedicated servers if PC users didn't get as mad as they did.
Party chat is super unlikely to come back in Ranked mode. To be honest I agree with IW's reasoning. Use your phone or something if you're not gonna use the in-game chat, or don't play those playlists.

Argyle said:
Party chat is super unlikely to come back in Ranked mode. To be honest I agree with IW's reasoning. Use your phone or something if you're not gonna use the in-game chat, or don't play those playlists.

Use your phone or something? Yeah, just call up all the people who are playing a different game... I'm usually in a party with heaps of people who aren't even playing the game I am, it's annoying that that's not going to be possible in MW2. Even when I am in game chat nobody is fucking talking about team-work anyway.

Top Bottom