• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Jumping Button is an absolute useless button. X(ps3) should've been a Contact sensitive button, to quick hop over shit and climb reachable walls

steadfast

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Jumping Button is an absolute useless button. X(ps3) should've been a Contact sensitive button, to quick hop over shit and climb reachable walls

That's weird, on XBOX that's exactly how it works; The A button is only jump when you're not near something you can climb over or mantle to.

Lionheart1827 said:
Man I still have not seen a nuke in MP yet. Either I kick everyone's ass too badly or I'm playing with crappy players.

I mostly play Ground War or Headquarters...usually those games are too crazy to allow super high killstreaks.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Wait so the ps3 version is different or are u saying that jumping should now be allowed?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
So I thought this was pretty awesome. This morning my mom asked me if she could play this game some time. My mom is in her 50s and a social worker, hates violent video games but now admits she knows nothing about them. Part of her wanting to play has to do with me being a Game Design major and she wants to show more interest in what will be my line of work but I thought it was pretty awesome. Gonna try spec-ops with her later today. :D

andycapps

dskillzhtown said:
Yeah, I am level 16 and matched with level 30-somethings often. The thing is that you can get to level 30 or 40 by grinding all day , everyday and sucking every game.

Yep, matchmaking is only so good anyway. I haven't had any complaints about the matchmaking yet. The lag? That is something that gets on my nerves from time to time. Specifically, the major host advantage in this game.

steadfast said:
That's weird, on XBOX that's exactly how it works; The A button is only jump when you're not near something you can climb over or mantle to.

It's the same on the PS3 version.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
MThanded said:
Wait so the ps3 version is different or are u saying that jumping should now be allowed?

sometimes it does'nt appear, and you get stuck trying to hop over something that looks like you should be able to.

panda21

~Devil Trigger~ said:

er it is a context sensitive button to hop over shit and climb reachable walls

MThanded

~Devil Trigger~ said:
sometimes it does'nt appear, and you get stuck trying to hop over something that looks like you should be able to.
some walls you are not allowed to climb. So that makes since.

jiien

Not a Jellyfish said:
So I thought this was pretty awesome. This morning my mom asked me if she could play this game some time. My mom is in her 50s and a social worker, hates violent video games but now admits she knows nothing about them. Part of her wanting to play has to do with me being a Game Design major and she wants to show more interest in what will be my line of work but I thought it was pretty awesome. Gonna try spec-ops with her later today. :D

That's pretty awesome. I wish my parents were more liberal in their views of video games. My dad doesn't play (games) at all, my mother plays with the Wii (unfortunately, you can guess the extent of her gaming, sad truth). Neither of them know about half the games I own, not because I'd get in trouble (I'm nearing the end of college, they don't really have much of a say in personal choices I make), but because I don't want to upset them. : T

Anyway, spec ops is fucking fun. I bought this game solely for the multiplayer, and recieved a really kick ass co op mode with it. I want to say it's as good as the multiplayer. I think my only gripe is that I wish some of the levels were much longer. I love talking with my friend, as we push up, cover sides, etc, but it all ends too soon. : (

Nizz

The multiplayer in this game is just as addictive as MW1. I told myself I would just hop into a couple of matches last night just to try it out...

Ended up staying up till four in the morning and getting to level 13. MP5K is one of my favorite guns already.

The single player campaign has been pretty awesome so far but there's a lot going on. :lol

I felt pretty lost at the
burger joint holding down the restaurant.
Your commanding officer yelling "we gotta go here, we gotta go over there now" and me feeling like a deer in headlights.

fps fanatic said:
Your commanding officer yelling "we gotta go here, we gotta go over there now" and me feeling like a deer in headlights.

There's a repeat of this in Special Ops, most fun if you play on veteran. :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The Chef said:
I think I'll stick with it and try messing with burst fire some more.

Is the bullet penetration add on worth it?

FMJ? Not as far as I'm concerned. And I've gotten a fair amount of kills through walls. It's not worth giving up a Red Dot for, anyway. Red dot adds some much needed long range accuracy to the gun.

Like I said, I tried out the FAL, got used to it, racked up some nice kills/upgrades, and just recently went back. The FAL has brutal recoil by comparison. The FAMAS is very accurate, but so weak... even with Stopping Power. Once I made the switch from FAMAS to SCAR, I never went back. I could take down people with the SCAR in half the time. I only tried out the TAR a little bit, but its range left much to be desired. The M-16 is allegedly the best rifle in the game, but I've heard mixed things. I haven't unlocked it yet.

unomas

Banned
I've logged in a little more than 4 hours of online multi after beating the campaign, and I'm really enjoying it. The game feels deeper than COD 4 because you have so many more options to choose from, with perks and drops and everything else. I'm on PS3, and I'm only a level 15 and find myself regularly getting matched up with guys way higher, one guy was a 69 and he played in our room continuously. One guy also appeared to be wielding dual shotguns? He killed me a few times and went 27-1 in TDM lke that, is that a legit setup?

My KD ratio is up to a lowly .90, if I get to 1.0 I'll be happy with that. I was at a .33 early on so anything is an improvement over that.

divisionbyzorro said:
Am I the only guy who prefers the FAL with the iron sight over the RDS?

I detest the iron sight on the FAL. I can handle some, but I was trying to use it yesterday and it was just too much. Felt like I couldn't see the target at all.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
divisionbyzorro said:
Am I the only guy who prefers the FAL with the iron sight over the RDS?

I couldn't stand it. Something about the FAL's iron sight in particular drove me crazy. I couldn't see anything. I was so happy when I unlocked the RDS for the FAL.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Hahaha, hoooly shit. Messed around with the Riot Shield for the first time, a couple games ago. Ended up earning 15,000 EXP in a Ground War Domination on Scrapyard. :lol :lol :lol

The thing about the riot shield is that you may go 6-30, but each one of your six kills will be EPIC, and make you burst out laughing. It will be the most you will ever enjoy going 6-30. At least... that's what happened to me.

The most epic exchange happend as I was standing in the doorway of one of the side wearhouses. Two dudes ran up, futilely unloading into me. One threw an uncooked grenade. I threw it back. Double kill! Challenge completed. Another teammate of theirs ran up, tossed a stun grenade. Out of desperation I lobbed my throwing knife. Kill! Challenge "Did you see that?!?" (kill an opposing player with a throwing knife while stunned or blinded) unlocked :D :D :D

The riot shield isn't good for a player's stats, but it's made of PURE win and hilarity. I also completed the challenges for a 3-kill shield streak, the shield-in-the-back challenge, and a few of the basic bullet absorbing/bullet reflection ones.

Against a team that knows what they are doing it is not so fun... but MAN... it's hilarious when you play a group that doesn't know what to do with you.

Matching the shield with Commando is EPIC. You can bump them from so far away.

I just laugh and laugh every time I get a kill with the shield, because I know my opponent must be extremely pissed/demoralized.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
How far is the knife range extended with Commando? I've never actually tested it, and I always run right up to the enemy out of habit.

Or did you mean that the Shield Bump's range is extended? I didn't realize that was the case.

kitch9

Banned
Is there anyway to play the campaign without constantly getting shot? Is there anyway to complete levels without being shot at all.......

It seems impossible to me!

Neverfade

What's up with the weapon progression in the multiplayer portion of this game?

The final sniper rifle's ratings look to be about equivalent to the one before it. And THAT one's ratings seem to be overall inferior to the Barrett's.

That's just one example.

AK47, a staple of actual modern warfare for the last 60 years, is the final gun unlocked?

wat.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
kitch9 said:
Is there anyway to play the campaign without constantly getting shot? Is there anyway to complete levels without being shot at all.......

It seems impossible to me!

When you're a bullet sponge (on easier difficulties), why would you need to?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Neverfade said:

The final sniper rifle's ratings look to be about equivalent to the one before it. And THAT one's ratings seem to be overall inferior to the Barrett's.

That's just one example.

AK47, a staple of actual modern warfare for the last 60 years, is the final gun unlocked?

wat.jpg

I think they made it so that the most competitive guns are unlocked midway through leveling up. The later guns are more novelties or fun to play with (or there's a minimal advantage).

Also, you shouldn't be looking at straight stats. There are other variables, like recoil, and semi-auto or burst to take into account. I heard the Barrett has awful kickback.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

OldJadedGamer said:
Silenced FAL is like sex in my hands in hardcore. FAL is the new G3.
That's 'cause the FAL
2v113b6.jpg

is
the G3
2dqlmdy.jpg

OK, really the G1 is the FAL, but you knowwhatI'msayin'.

Draft

Neverfade said:

That's just one example.

wat.jpg
Ever since CS, AK-47's have enjoyed near mythical status in online multiplayer games. It's no surprise that the AK would be the final weapon unlocked. I even think it's kind of funny, especially since the thing is so common in reality.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The Lamonster said:
Is FAL better than the M16 as far as assault rifles go?

If you absolutely loathe anything but semi-auto? Yeah, since it's the only semi-auto assault rifle. But on paper, no.

I think the stats say it's more accurate, right? In this game, it seems like there's a very low ceiling for accuracy. Almost every gun can be a pseudo-sniper rifle with the right scope.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
GuardianE said:
How far is the knife range extended with Commando? I've never actually tested it, and I always run right up to the enemy out of habit.
It's pretty significant. It makes going on knife sprees much easier even if you don't use marathon/lightweight. I don't think I'll ever drop it from my third perk slot.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Really the only "downside" is that all 6 commando challenges are earned very easily, relative to other perks. I did them all in just a handful of FFA matches.

My OCD won't let me use commando much anymore, since I have other perks in that slot with incomplete challenges.

vatstep said:
It's pretty significant. It makes going on knife sprees much easier even if you don't use marathon/lightweight. I don't think I'll ever drop it from my third perk slot.

Combine Commando Pro w/ Marathon and you can drop from great heights without taking damage, making running around maps a carefree experience, especially with a silenced weapon & Cold Blooded. I knifed 4 people in a row yesterday without even trying, just trying to earn the RDS for my FAL :lol

Question:

I heard a rumor running about last night that as you prestige you also unlock different weapons I know about unlocking custom classes, titles and emblems, but weapons? Like what? The Dragunov?

Draft said:
Ever since CS, AK-47's have enjoyed near mythical status in online multiplayer games. It's no surprise that the AK would be the final weapon unlocked. I even think it's kind of funny, especially since the thing is so common in reality.

They should've made the Fabrique Nationale stuff the be-all end-all at the top of the list.

The FN P90 is already legendary in this game, with the FN FAMAS and FN FAL now gaining popularity. Throw in the FN Five-seveN, unlock them all between levels 50-70, and you've got the elite class, rather than the ridiculous AK, etc.

Major Williams said:
Question:

I heard a rumor running about last night that as you prestige you also unlock different weapons I know about unlocking custom classes, titles and emblems, but weapons? Like what? The Dragunov?
Rumors abound. Heh. Hope some of them are true.

MThanded

Major Williams said:
Question:

I loved the dragunov in modern warfare 1.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
OldJadedGamer said:
Makes sense why I love it so much. Added bonus that the FAL doesn't sound like a child's pop gun when it's fired.

Wasn't the G3 one of the most powerful assault rifles in CoD4? It's like they nerfed the FAL in MW2 to compensate for the G3 being so popular in CoD4. I absolutely loved the G3.

hulot

fps fanatic said:
Probably the most absurd the level in there and not in a good way; how the US Army manages to leave stinger launchers, predator drone controls in burger joints and restaurants is beyond me, and this is after clearing out said places only to have to fight your way back when enemies spawn from there.

The FAL feels alot more like the M14 from CoD4 than the G3 to me. It has the big kick, the loud bang and the punch of the M14 in my opinion. I am slowly working towards the acog/thermal for it, since the M14 with acog was one of my favorite weapons in CoD4 HCTDM.

As for is it better than the M16/FAMAS? Not a chance, in my opinion. It doesnt seem to be as accurate as those two to me, I find I am hard pressed to kill people with it. But damn is it ever a sexy sounding rifle.

Yeef

We just got nuked. :(

It's weird, I never experienced any spawn killing until I joined a GAF party, then all of a sudden I'm getting spawn killed let and right!

Top Bottom