• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

jiien

GuardianE said:
FMJ? Not as far as I'm concerned. And I've gotten a fair amount of kills through walls. It's not worth giving up a Red Dot for, anyway. Red dot adds some much needed long range accuracy to the gun.

Like I said, I tried out the FAL, got used to it, racked up some nice kills/upgrades, and just recently went back. The FAL has brutal recoil by comparison. The FAMAS is very accurate, but so weak... even with Stopping Power. Once I made the switch from FAMAS to SCAR, I never went back. I could take down people with the SCAR in half the time. I only tried out the TAR a little bit, but its range left much to be desired. The M-16 is allegedly the best rifle in the game, but I've heard mixed things. I haven't unlocked it yet.

Just for the record, Red Dot doesn't really add accuracy or range. It's just perceived, because you think you aim better with a red dot. (I think you knew that, but I just want new players to understand that any type of sight isn't actually improving your gun). I loved the Red Dot, until I realized the power of some of the other attachments, and then forced myself to start using my SCAR without it. Not only does it cripple most people that try picking up my gun (if I die), but since I'm now less reliant on always having that Red Dot, I'm better with most guns I pick up over all, and I can load out many different attachments WITHOUT having bling. IMO, Bling is a HUGE waste of a perk if you're using a sight. Sleight of Hand is much better than Bling.

I'm about to get the ACR, and I'm excited. I usually use the SCAR, though the M4 handles almost exactly the same, so I occasionally use that for a change of pace. From my experience of the ACR in single player, and picking it up every so often in Multiplayer, it's going to be a SCAR + 1.

FAL
Silencer/RDS

Stinger, Claymore
Bling
Cold blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

becoming my favorite in hardcore now.

The advantage of the FAMAS/M16 is that when the first shot from the burst connects the other 2 shots from the burst will automatically.

ZZMitch

Yeef said:
We just got nuked. :(

It's weird, I never experienced any spawn killing until I joined a GAF party, then all of a sudden I'm getting spawn killed let and right!

What platform were you playing? I have been trying to meet up with some GAFers.

And holy crap is the Mini-Uzi a beast in this game.

jiien said:
Just for the record, Red Dot doesn't really add accuracy or range. It's just perceived, because you think you aim better with a red dot. (I think you knew that, but I just want new players to understand that any type of sight isn't actually improving your gun). I loved the Red Dot, until I realized the power of some of the other attachments, and then forced myself to start using my SCAR without it. Not only does it cripple most people that try picking up my gun (if I die), but since I'm now less reliant on always having that Red Dot, I'm better with most guns I pick up over all, and I can load out many different attachments WITHOUT having bling. IMO, Bling is a HUGE waste of a perk if you're using a sight. Sleight of Hand is much better than Bling.

I'm about to get the ACR, and I'm excited. I usually use the SCAR, though the M4 handles almost exactly the same, so I occasionally use that for a change of pace. From my experience of the ACR in single player, and picking it up every so often in Multiplayer, it's going to be a SCAR + 1.

It does add accuracy especially when moving. There is a big difference shooting a weapon full auto with iron sights over with a red dot. With iron sights there is an obvious recoil on the gun which magically disappears when using red dots and all you get is basic weapon spread.

Pyke Presco said:
I find I am hard pressed to kill people with it. But damn is it ever a sexy sounding rifle.
That was me with the M14/G3, just hopeless. Couldn't get a kill without having the drop on someone. I'm gonna try the FAL though, might be fun. I'm a little surprised the M14 doesn't make a repeat appearance, considering how awesome it is in Spec Ops.

Yeef said:
It's weird, I never experienced any spawn killing until I joined a GAF party, then all of a sudden I'm getting spawn killed let and right!
By the GAFers? Hahahah, funny. I never got spawn killed as badly as I got owned in Scrapyard. It was so f'ing bad you just had to wonder if IW would change the game a little to vary the spawn points.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
jiien said:

Hm, are you sure? The accuracy stats change when adding the red dot. I know that people keep claiming that the stats lie.

The iron sights is an interesting approach. I'm not sure if I can go back to iron sights now that I'm so used to the Red Dot. The other attachments are nice, but I'm not sure what I'd actually use. Heartbeat sensor, maybe. I loathe the grenade launcher. While the attachment shotgun sounds amazing, I'd rather just have a shotgun sidearm.

The beauty of the Red Dot is that it zooms in just slightly (not obnoxiously so, like the Holographic) so you have a better view of the opposition. One of the issues that I have with Iron Sights is that you can only see above where you're aiming, since the gun obstructs your view of anything below. The Red Dot seems to make headshots significantly easier for me.

jiien

BattleMonkey said:
It does add accuracy especially when moving. There is a big difference shooting a weapon full auto with iron sights over with a red dot. With iron sights there is an obvious recoil on the gun which magically disappears when using red dots and all you get is basic weapon spread.

Are you sure? I definitely don't really see a difference. I mean, I've spent a shitload of time with the SCAR, it's the only weapon I've used in the last 35 levels or so since I got it. And it feels pretty much the same to me...I seriously think it's just perceived, but I guess I could be wrong. : T

(Maybe I want to badly to believe that my opinion on the overuse of Bling is right xD)

DeuceMojo said:
That was me with the M14/G3, just hopeless. Couldn't get a kill without having the drop on someone. I'm gonna try the FAL though, might be fun. I'm a little surprised the M14 doesn't make a repeat appearance, considering how awesome it is in Spec Ops.

By the GAFers? Hahahah, funny. I never got spawn killed as badly as I got owned in Scrapyard. It was so f'ing bad you just had to wonder if IW would change the game a little to vary the spawn points.

The only thing I like about the spawn points over CoD 4 is that its harder to get pinned down to one side of a map. In Bog if you spawned opfor the Marines side could easily pin you down with snipers call and call in air strikes and helicopters for those 750-170 lopsided matches. It doesn't happen much(if at all) in MW2 but sometimes it'll spawn you front of people or in an open area with multiple sides you can get picked off by snipers(spawning where the mounted machine guns are in Wasteland).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
jiien said:
Are you sure? I definitely don't really see a difference. I mean, I've spent a shitload of time with the SCAR, it's the only weapon I've used in the last 35 levels or so since I got it. And it feels pretty much the same to me...I seriously think it's just perceived, but I guess I could be wrong. : T

(Maybe I want to badly to believe that my opinion on the overuse of Bling is right xD)

It could be because the SCAR hardly has any recoil to begin with.

ExtraKr1spy said:
FAL
Silencer/RDS

Stinger, Claymore
Bling
Cold blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

becoming my favorite in hardcore now.

This is my exact load out except I put the grenade launcher instead of the red dot on so I can hit people from a distance with it.

Iron sights are funny... I hated having to use those in COD4 -- made grenade launchers and silencers pretty useless to me.

However now, being able to red-dot AND newb-tube... well, the world is my oyster. :D

jiien said:

wrong - ACOG increases range.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
GuardianE said:
Does it just let you shoot through more materials? Like walls that you otherwise wouldn't have been able to?
I believe so. I have killed quite a few people with machine pistol through wall shots.
If not it at least makes the bullets more deadly.

Started playing this tonight, and OMG is it ugly after getting used to U2 graphics :lol

Still awesome action and wow @
airport scene. Totally did not expect that.

The Lamonster said:
Am I the only person that HATES the ACOG? In COD4, when you applied it to any weapon, it INCREASED RANGE and DECREASED ACCURACY -- how useless is that? I've had to force myself to use this thing to get the thermal scope on a few weapons and I loathe it.

Nothing like having a bead on someone from halfway across the map, firing off a few rounds and having them run away 'cause the thing is so untrue.

Even worse up close of course.

Weenerz

Banned
Well that sucked, I got 7 kills in a row with a knife then we got the warning about a nuke about to go off, so I had to hurry up and use all 3 of my saved kill streaks before I lost the free xp :lol

MThanded

Does the nuke show up in the care package? I hope not:lol

How the hell are you guys getting nuked? People must be demolishing

The Chef

Does a silencer reduce recoil or am I imagining this?

Weenerz said:
Well that sucked, I got 7 kills in a row with a knife then we got the warning about a nuke about to go off, so I had to hurry up and use all 3 of my saved kill streaks before I lost the free xp :lol

Even if you die you still get to keep all your kill streaks no?

Weenerz said:
Got a C-130, waiting to use it until we went to overtime, lost my connection to server -- kills went to 0, and ta-da, no C-130. Kinda broke my heart.

ZZMitch

The Chef said:
Does a silencer reduce recoil or am I imagining this?

Even if you die you still get to keep all your kill streaks no?

The nuke ends the game, kill streaks don't carry over through games.

edit- DAMN DD

The Chef said:
It ENDS the game!? That is ridiculous :lol

Yeah. And the team that uses it wins automatically. I don't care if the team gets a 100 killstreak without dying, I think the Nuke is kind of stupid. It kills EVERYONE in the game.

nuke should kill everyone them make them respawn and spread pockets of radiation all over the map.

I've tried with the grenade launcher but I ended up barely using it. Might slap it back and get the shotty attachment.

pj

Banned
I don't really have a problem with the nuke. If your team is doing to badly that a dude gets 25 kills in a row, you were probably going to lose anyway. It's just saving you a few more deaths.

pj325is said:
I don't really have a problem with the nuke. If your team is doing to badly that a dude gets 25 kills in a row, you were probably going to lose anyway. It's just saving you a few more deaths.
Not always. I was playing Domination, and our team was winning. Just so happened that one guy on the opposite team got an AC-130, and the rest was history.

MThanded

Dolla Dolla said:
Yeah. And the team that uses it wins automatically. I don't care if the team gets a 100 killstreak without dying, I think the Nuke is kind of stupid. It kills EVERYONE in the game.

I think your team deserves it. If someone has a 25 kill streak then the game is telling you its time to end the match. This is like the mercy rule.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
DeuceMojo said:
Am I the only person that HATES the ACOG? I've had to force myself to use this thing to get the thermal scope on a few weapons and I loathe it.

Nothing like having a bead on someone from halfway across the map, firing off a few rounds and having them run away 'cause the thing is so untrue.

Even worse up close of course.

I'm with you. Working on RPD challenges and it was a nightmare. I had to bling it out with a grip and lay prone hoping someone would come across my path in order to hit anything.

Dolla Dolla said:
I experienced my first nuke last night. I thought it was going to be monumental, but, alas, it wasn't.
Yeah, it's kind of a denoument -- just a bright sky. I thought there would be a mushroom cloud, pillar of flame, something, anything. Sergeant Jackson crawling around on the ground, something.

pj325is said:

Meh, but the losing team can still deploy it and insta-win, despite being pretty far behind in capture games. I think it'd be a lot better if it ended the match and gave the kills to the nuke-deployer, but didn't give an instant win. /shrug.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Dax01 said:
I don't know how many hours I've played MP, but I still have yet to encounter a nuke.
I've played around 20 hours and haven't seen one, but I've been in a game with my friend where he had more than a 25 killstreak but didn't have it equipped.

jiien

The Lamonster said:

Okay, you're right, but I thought people would understand I was talking about Red Dot (and Holographic, but most people use Red Dot if anything). And I forgot about ACOG, since it's so little used by most people (in my experience, anyway). My mistake.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
DeuceMojo said:
Yeah, it's kind of a denoument -- just a bright sky. I thought there would be a mushroom cloud, pillar of flame, something, anything. Sergeant Jackson crawling around on the ground, something.
Or at least everyone exploding into a puff of smoke.

NameGenerated said:
I've played around 20 hours and haven't seen one, but I've been in a game with my friend where he had more than a 25 killstreak but didn't have it equipped.
It's probably what happens. Most people acknowledge the likelihood of them getting a 25 kill streak (slim) and so don't have the killstreak reward equipped.

Top Bottom