• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

unomas

Banned
BuRT! said:
I finally got a nuke last night! I guess you don't get any titles until you set off 2 though :(

Domination seems to be the best way to get it since the games are usually very long. I get 20-24 kill streaks often and fall just short of the 25, so frustrating.

81 TDM games and I still haven't seen the nuke yet!

andycapps

Chittagong said:
It's kind of a cycle of bullshit. Once you get thrown to an obviously losing game, you quit. Because people leave the losing team, you are much more likely to be thrown on the losing team than the winning one. Last game was the best. 30 sec left when I joined to lose.

I can top that. Joined one yesterday, spawned, immediately killed and I was the last one so I was shown on the killcam. Awesome.

yes we can said:
Me add me: stryfee. I need another partner to MP and spec ops with.

Add me as well. Need more people as well for both. PSN is same as here.

Unomas, shoot me an invite as well if you want.

Geoff9920

DeuceMojo said:
Ok, I know we've discussed this, but it's still evolving, so what's the basic consensus:

What is the highest XP/ fastest leveling multiplayer mode?
Demolition maybe? There doesn't really seem to be a go to playlist for leveling quickly.

Apo

What is the difference between the red dot and holograhpic sight attachment in mp or what is the advantage of the holographic sight attachment?

Question.

When you prestige, do you lose all the progress you have made in challenges? Like call in X number of UAV's, get 100 Headshots with X weapon and so on...

I want the animated Stealth bomber icon which unlocks when you call in a certain number of them. I don't know if I'll have to start over when I prestige, or If I should wait and prestige after the icon unlock.

No big deal either way.

Apo said:
What is the difference between the red dot and holograhpic sight attachment in mp or what is the advantage of the holographic sight attachment?
Not sure. Seems like the holo is less clear. Only thing I can make out.

Az

got2bekidding said:
Did I read earlier in the thread that if you prestige within 12 days, you get another perk slot? Or was that just a bunch of hocus pocus?

they got2bekidding, that wouldn't be fair

Apo

DeuceMojo said:

This was my first impression, too. But a less clear sight attachment for 60 kills with red dot sight?

Found this:
The Holographic Sight is now an attachment in Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer and is awarded for getting 60 kills while aiming down the Red Dot Sight. Unlike the RDS, the reticle in the middle doesn't sway when turning, and while it doesn't seem to have a greater zoom it does appear to be more accurate, making it a more competitive "choice" compared to its previous game counterpart.

Source

Have to check it out.

unomas

Banned
Apo said:

I actually prefer the red dot to holographic on my SCAR, but I've seen plenty of people using holographic as well. My line of vision seems to be better with the red dot. The holographic seems to me to be a little more accurate for some reason, not sure why, but the aiming feels slightly more precise.

got2bekidding said:
Did I read earlier in the thread that if you prestige within 12 days, you get another perk slot? Or was that just a bunch of hocus pocus?
Hilarious, I love rumors like this. The rumor in COD4 was: reach 10th prestige, get second weapon attachment.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
DeuceMojo said:

I asked this question about a dozen pages back. Apparently there is some difference in real life but not in the game. I guess if you like red you choose red dot and if you like blue then go with the hologram! :lol

got2bekidding said:
Hilarious, I love rumors like this. The rumor in COD4 was: reach 10th prestige, get second weapon attachment.

Errr, just saw elsewhere that it adds extra custom class slots...

Mileena

Banned
FAL is like my new favorite gun. It's like the M14 and G3 had a baby.
Though nothing will ever replace my beloved M14 <3:(

oh and red dot > holographic imo

DeuceMojo said:

I know I read it in here, but just checking validity. It was an out of the blue type statement, and never went back to check if it was true.

DeuceMojo said:

I've heard extra custom class slots as well, I've also heard CoD 4 weapons. I'm doubtful about the weapons (but hope it's true), but extra custom classes seems probable. Are either of those true, or do you only get extra challenges and tags with prestige?

corkscrewblow said:
FAL is like my new favorite gun. It's like the M14 and G3 had a baby.
Though nothing will ever replace my beloved M14 <3:(

The ACR will.

minx

DeuceMojo said:
Ok, I know we've discussed this, but it's still evolving, so what's the basic consensus:

What is the highest XP/ fastest leveling multiplayer mode?

It all depends on how you play. HQ is good. Domination can be good as well. In those mode you can let the time limit run out and get tons of XP. For example in HQ you can get up to 190 then just get kills the rest of the match and not cap it. Same goes for Domination.

Apo

The Lamonster said:
:lol

I assume that is sarcasm. I've never understood this either.

Oh yeah, the killstreak bonuses are completely insane. Had a balanced game with a score of 4300:4100 and then the enemy team called a harrier and a cobra at the same time and then we were defeated.

Chittagong said:
Anyone know if there is an unlock with a faster scope? the basic and laser sight are kinda slow, dunno about the holographic.

If by "faster" you mean "goes into zoom quicker", then yes, you need to level up Sleight of Hand to the Pro version. It will allow you to aim down the sights faster, with all scopes.

UFRA

cjelly said:
My favourite part of this game is how it rewards the players with the most kills, by letting them get even more kills even easier.

As opposed to the more logical option, giving the player who's AFK with 0 kills and 29 deaths a massive reward.

Dabanton

Apo said:
Oh yeah, the killstreak bonuses are completely insane. Had a balanced game with a score of 4300:4100 and then the enemy team called a harrier and a cobra at the same time and then we were defeated.

If your levels are high enough to have the stinger have it in a loadout. I get it ready as soon as i hear any sort of aircraft coming, so i'm ready to take them out that, and tell my team to stay inside. Can't believe there are still high level Idiots who run outside to be cannon fodder while the AC130 is flying above.

But people are learning. My team earlier had three people with stinger loadouts,the other team must have been pissed as we took down anything they called, we even shot down one of their package helicopters. :lol

Chittagong

Gold Member
Pyke Presco said:
If by "faster" you mean "goes into zoom quicker", then yes, you need to level up Sleight of Hand to the Pro version. It will allow you to aim down the sights faster, with all scopes.

oh cool. thanks.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
BigJonsson said:
What do you guys think of thermal sight?

I find it far too slow to use except when camping or going for long range kills........

I don't really like it. If I'm sniping I normally just watch for movement and the zoom in.

But yeah, it's just too slow unless you're camping.

cjelly said:
My favourite part of this game is how it rewards the players with the most kills, by letting them get even more kills even easier.
Great gametype would be if there were no killstreak rewards but a care package would land somewhere on the map once every 2 minutes or so. The battles for the things would be great.
I mean it's basicaly what happens now but where it would be the only way to get a chopper or harrier players would really battle for the thing.

ultron87

BigJonsson said:
Yea, not many people shoot down air support whereas I do it every chance I get

I do it pretty much any time I have a Stinger on me. It's so easy. It is always annoying when it is one of the supports that has flares.

How do those work anyway? Does a specific support have a limited number of flares or does your missile actually have to get past them somehow?

cjelly said:

I was about 9 years old and one day I said, "Dad, why does the fastest race car in qualifying get to start first? Wouldn't it make more sense if it that car started last?"

And he went on to explain how the driver that can drive the track best in a trial lap will probably drive it best in the race, or at least better than the car that drove slower in qualifying.

If it were the reverse, where slowest started first in the grid, WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT TO STEPPING ON THE TRACK TO QUALIFY?

So I ask, what would be the point to giving rewards to losers? To encourage being a loser? Who can suck the most? Well here, here's a reward for those who suck so you can suck a little less. Gimp yourself because you're mediocre and look as bad as you can so you'll qualify for the handout. Do you really want that to happen to games?

CitizenCope said:
Great gametype would be if there were no killstreak rewards but a care package would land somewhere on the map once every 2 minutes or so. The battles for the things would be great.

I think the first one would be fun, but after that. Whomever got the first carepackage would just use it to clean everyone out of the second one so they could pick that one up, etc. etc.

A king of the hill style gametype would be fun though. I know that's basically headquarters, but headquarters to me has a slower pace than a halo-like KotH.

Top Bottom