• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Minamu said:
Does anyone know how to get these specific titles in MP? Apparently, each weapon have their own titles but they also have other titles with other colors (and golden skulls & shit). How do you get those? :O I see nothing about getting 1000 headshots or anything. There are pictures of the titles here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=189949 The ones I'm talking about are the last ones etc.

Edit: Oh, spoilers!

Those are the prestige challenges. When you prestige, each weapon has two new challenges, 500 kills and 250 headshots. I got the gold Blademaster ctitle for completing knife veteran IV (250 melees), so I assume the other skull titles are from those as well. The silver skulls are probably 500 kills, gold skulls 250 headshots.

kamspy

Toss a care package on top of a structure that's just out of jumping reach and snipe away at half of the other team trying to get it all game.

Funny and rewarding. You'll have the same guy come back 5 times trying to get it. Works even better if it shows some type of airstrike symbol.

Minamu

Pyke Presco said:
Those are the prestige challenges. When you prestige, each weapon has two new challenges, 500 kills and 250 headshots. I got the gold Blademaster ctitle for completing knife veteran IV (250 melees), so I assume the other skull titles are from those as well. The silver skulls are probably 500 kills, gold skulls 250 headshots.
Shit, well 250 headshots with each weapon definitely equals me never finishing this game :'( I have almost 3000 kills so far & maybe 200 headshots spread across 10 weapons or so.

kamspy said:
Toss a care package on top of a structure that's just out of jumping reach and snipe away at half of the other team trying to get it all game.

Funny and rewarding. You'll have the same guy come back 5 times trying to get it. Works even better if it shows some type of airstrike symbol.

It's a safe bet to assume that any enemy crate that isn't claimed immediately is a trap.

HooCares said:
I typically see one enemy UAV every 1-2 games. That's 30-60 seconds of radar for 20 minutes of gametime (2, ten minute TDM's). Far less significant than 1-2 players running around with HB sensors for the entire 20 minutes.
True, I've definitely been hunted by the annoying heartbeat sensors. I'll have to try Ninja out soon, but I'm such a fan of Commando Pro that it's hard to give it up.

USD

Does anyone else love the "you lost" music for the Rangers side? I always seem to lose when I play as the Rangers, so I hear it a lot. :lol

Minamu said:
Shit, well 250 headshots with each weapon definitely equals me never finishing this game :'( I have almost 3000 kills so far & maybe 200 headshots spread across 10 weapons or so.
I think "finishing" is exactly what IW doesn't want you to do. COD4, with a little effort, had just enough challenges to be fun, but they were eventually completed or given up on.
MW2 has not only a TON of outrageously difficult challenges (finishing moves, etc.), but also enough mastery and headshot challenges that the person you see with a full set of golden guns is without a doubt a booster.

I think the idea of a game that is nearly impossible to finish 100% is admirable. I'm planning to prestige through every level and even that is probably too ambitious.

DeuceMojo said:
Don't know if I can get behind this. I launch tons of UAVs... I've never taken them off as my first reward.

I play Hardcore almost exclusively and use a Stinger to shoot down UAV's the second the announcer says he sees them in the sky. They never last longer than a few seconds in the air before they come down. Only if they are launched while I'm waiting to respawn do they get any air time.

Fëanor said:
After being annoyed to death by Knife class fiends, I decided to bring the shotgun to the battle. It stops them cold, so good.:lol NOT SO FAST NOW BITCH!!!

Running in Hardcore, not seeing this knife class everyone is talking about. Is it a TDM only thing?

mbmonk

TheFatOne said:
Man every game I have played people camp like crazy. I'm already getting tired of this game because people camp so much.

Definitely been running into this a lot.

Haven't come up with a really good anti camp solution. I assume heartbeat monitor and always run with a teammate would help. Oh and the Thumper for campers in high places :p

Solutions?

TheFatOne said:
Man every game I have played people camp like crazy. I'm already getting tired of this game because people camp so much.

It really has changed since COD4. This game isn't grabbing me as much as COD4 did and I played that for 2 years getting my Gold Cross. While I like it a lot, there is something that is just missing I think and I can't put my finger on it. A few of my friends and I are taking a break from it and are going to switch over to L4D2 for a little while.

Minamu

DeuceMojo said:
I think "finishing" is exactly what IW doesn't want you to do. COD4, with a little effort, had just enough challenges to be fun, but they were eventually completed or given up on.
MW2 has not only a TON of outrageously difficult challenges (finishing moves, etc.), but also enough mastery and headshot challenges that the person you see with a full set of golden guns is without a doubt a booster.

I think the idea of a game that is nearly impossible to finish 100% is admirable. I'm planning to prestige through every level and even that is probably too ambitious.
Sure, most of the stuff is too hard for me, or rather, takes to much effort. I'll probably just go out of my way to get the ones I'm very close to (like right now, 10+ penetration kills left to M4A1 mastery even though I can prestige) & just take the easier ones on Prestige 10.

cameltoe

is it just me or are enemy footsteps not as loud as COD 4? Killcam shows a dude just run right up behind me and I didnt hear a damn thing! this never happened in 4. Even if the dude had dead silence, I still heard something.

I don't know what to say about campers, other than COD has always been conducive to picking your favorite spot and staying there.

It's too bad there isn't a chump-buster that lights you up on radar if you've spent more than 30 seconds in the same 50-ft radius. Otherwise there is no way to stop camping.

mbmonk said:
Definitely been running into this a lot.

Haven't come up with a really good anti camp solution. I assume heartbeat monitor and always run with a teammate would help. Oh and the Thumper for campers in high places :p

Solutions?

Camping will never go away unless IW increases player stamina. That's why there's no camping in R2 and KZ2 (without tacticians) for similiar size matches.

mbmonk said:
I assume heartbeat monitor and always run with a teammate would help.
These are two things I don't use/do that I'm considering doing now. I really should probably start buddying up with a teammate. How many times have you been eager to get through a doorway or whatever with a friend and then BAM! double kill 'cause you conveniently lined up single-file for a two-fer.

mbmonk

cameltoe said:
is it just me or are enemy footsteps not as loud as COD 4? Killcam shows a dude just run right up behind me and I didnt hear a damn thing! this never happened in 4. Even if the dude had dead silence, I still heard something.

It might be intentional? The SitRep Pro perk increases footstep noise.

palpabl_purpura said:
Camping will never go away unless IW increases player stamina. That's why there's no camping in R2 and KZ2 (without tacticians) for similiar size matches.

blame space said:
People just cry camper way too much.

I've logged over 500 hours on COD4 and I'm seeing a big difference between camping in MW1 and MW2. I'm not complaining about it cause I know how to deal with it effectively but just pointing out that something did change to cause more camping and I can't put my finger on it.

Minamu

DeuceMojo said:
That's painful. Those would be a long 10 kills for me if I knew I was just waiting to hit the switch. :D
Yeah it's almost as hard as getting headshots :lol I've been combining them with trying to max out Marathon Pro (sprint 104 miles = takes forever, about 1 mile per match if lucky). I think I started getting penetration kills at lvl 66 or so. So yeah, it takes a while :( 40 kills is way too much.

TheFatOne

OldJadedGamer said:
It really has changed since COD4. This game isn't grabbing me as much as COD4 did and I played that for 2 years getting my Gold Cross. While I like it a lot, there is something that is just missing I think and I can't put my finger on it. A few of my friends and I are taking a break from it and are going to switch over to L4D2 for a little while.

I didn't really play COD4, but in MW2 you get rewarded for camping. Some of the kill streaks you can get are overpowered. Also I have the worst luck every time someone get the kill streak where you can bomb someone they always get me.

blame space said:
People just cry camper way too much.

In the games I have played the other team would secure one small area and just stay put. They never move and when they finally die they moved to another small area to camp. They would sit back get the kill streaks and destroy us. Another thing people would do is stay in one room and watch the only entrance.

OldJadedGamer said:
I've logged over 500 hours on COD4 and I'm seeing a big difference between camping in MW1 and MW2. I'm not complaining about it cause I know how to deal with it effectively but just pointing out that something did change to cause more camping and I can't put my finger on it.

I think its the kill streaks. They encourage people to camp more because the reward is great.

DeuceMojo said:
SAD FACE =( :D just kidding. Anyway, that is the most ridiculous challenge I think I've seen in a video game, and you know damn well the only people that are getting it are straightup boosters.

However, if I was killed by an enemy care package on the killcam, I would give that guy credit. If you can do it legitimately, you deserve it, and I'd have a good laugh over it.

I think the idea to get that challenge is to toss the care package signal behind a camping sniper who's too focused on th scope.

HooCares

Neo Member
The regular chopper is utter shit. It get's between 0-2 kills and seems to be shot down faster than the harrier (counter intuitive as the chopper is supposed to move around more than the harrier).

Meanwhile the Harrier Strike usually get's 1-2, then the plane that hangs around gets 3-5 by itself.

tsigo said:
So, wow. That infinite airdrop glitch is ridiculous. How do people discover shit like that?

If you have a million monkeys playing a game eventually one of them is bound to do some crazy ass absurd shit that no one in their right mind would've thought of. This is proof of that.

Pyke Presco said:

There's so much out there about this. What I've seen, is that after you prestige the two weapons titles with skulls unlock, the silver one is for 2500 kills while in prestige, not 500. It also carries over into another prestige, so you could get 1500 in prestige 1, then a 1000 in prestige 2. After a prestige challenge has been completed within a prestige, it will be reset. The gold skull prestige title unlocks after 1000 headshots in prestige (although others say it's 2500 headshots!, who the hell knows.)

andycapps

OldJadedGamer said:
Running in Hardcore, not seeing this knife class everyone is talking about. Is it a TDM only thing?

Pretty much.. Doesn't work well on modes with no respawn.. But it's good for racking up kills in team deathmatch if you have Cold Blooded and Ninja on.

Narag

Does Danger Close let claymores kill people lightweighting past rather than letting them by safely? Some guy was running the knife class but kept going boom on mines and I'm not sure if I'd stumbled upon a possible counter.

This games party system fucking awful. Im almost positive that they spent the majority of their time making the paper look cool when you shot boxes :/

The least they could have done is make the prestige symbols a little more creative. I mean goddam they are just 9 different patterns of a star in the middle; switching between orange, silver, and gray. fuckin lazy

Narag

xDangerboy said:
The least they could have done is make the prestige symbols a little more creative. I mean goddam they are just 9 different patterns of a star in the middle; switching between orange, silver, and gray. fuckin lazy
They don't look too bad to me.
35d9ny9.jpg

Minamu

ALeperMessiah said:
There's so much out there about this. What I've seen, is that after you prestige the two weapons titles with skulls unlock, the silver one is for 2500 kills while in prestige, not 500. It also carries over into another prestige, so you could get 1500 in prestige 1, then a 1000 in prestige 2. After a prestige challenge has been completed within a prestige, it will be reset. The gold skull prestige title unlocks after 1000 headshots in prestige (although others say it's 2500 headshots!, who the hell knows.)
1000 headshots per weapon I presume? So essentially, you need at least 30000 headshots to complete the list? o_O *quits playing for titles*

I've just about had it with joining games where I'm inserted on the team that's losing 3000 to 5500. I just got one where the enemy team had a pavelow in the air already. What dumb fucking monkey wrote the matchmaking code for this game.

Red Blaster said:
I've just about had it with joining games where I'm inserted on the team that's losing 3000 to 5500. I just got one where the enemy team had a pavelow in the air already. What dumb fucking monkey wrote the matchmaking code for this game.

the same people that kick your friends out of your own party.

also the same people that make it take upwards of 5 minutes to find a match whens there is over 100,000 people in said playlist.

good stuff

X26

Banned
prefer cod4's icons, 10 just look gaudy although alteast they resisted the urge to make it a pot leaf

practice02 said:
8 and 5 look like Nazi symbols

eh, iron crosses are common amongst tons of militaries

Top Bottom