• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

andycapps

DeuceMojo said:
One of my more satisfying kills was hitting someone with a shotgun while he stood there with a laptop open. I thought "ooooh, how painful to be using the AC-130 one moment and dead the next. Yeeowch." :D

Haha that would be amazing.. Most people have the common sense of trying to hide or laying down somewhere at least, and don't just stand there while they do something.

Rad-

I hate EMP. It's probably just in my head but whenever the enemy uses it, I start doing badly in 1 on 1's. I just get so annoyed with its effect.

DeuceMojo said:
One of my more satisfying kills was hitting someone with a shotgun while he stood there with a laptop open. I thought "ooooh, how painful to be using the AC-130 one moment and dead the next. Yeeowch." :D

Yeah... except, if your character gets killed while controlling a AC130/Chopper Gunner/Predator, you continue to control it. You only stop once the time is up or the vehicle is destroyed.

If you're killed while air-gunning, you simply res-pawn after.

Pete Rock said:
Was discussing this exact killstreak bonus yesterday after going through Snatch & Grab on vet with a buddy, it wouldn't even be too shabby as a player controlled kit if it had a timer and cqb oriented weapons that forced them to make the most of it. Although I do like the idea of an short lived and wildly crazed AI rush character coming on the scene ala the mysterious stranger in Fallout 3, and I like the free for all idea even more. It seems so obvious though, they must have tried to implement it someway and I can only assume it didn't shake out. I'd definitely take it over a sentry airdrop any day of the week.

You know what would have been another great killstreak bonus? The predator from the "Wolverines!" level. Make it along the lines of the AC-130; it's an 11-kill-streak bonus where you get to survey the battlefield and rain down Predator missiles within a time limit.

vehn

So is anyone else constantly getting put on the losing team? I used to have a positive win - loss ratio, but now it's down to something like 0.85 with 140 wins and 170 losses. I'm usually on the top of the board for my team and I always try to go for the objectives, but I just don't understand how I can lose 40+ matches with minimal wins to bring my ratio so low. Also doesn't help me leveling at all as I tend to get shitty match bonuses afterwards

mbmonk said:
Just had to say thanks to Camel.

I was looking for some headphones to work the PS3 & PC. I was set on the P21 headphones until I saw this reply. I researched the Tritton ax 720 and ended up buying them. I am really enjoying them. Thank you.

I have the older brother (the AX360's) and I think they are fantastic, sound better than the Turtle Beach sets IMO

vehn said:
So is anyone else constantly getting put on the losing team? I used to have a positive win - loss ratio, but now it's down to something like 0.85 with 140 wins and 170 losses. I'm usually on the top of the board for my team and I always try to go for the objectives, but I just don't understand how I can lose 40+ matches with minimal wins to bring my ratio so low. Also doesn't help me leveling at all as I tend to get shitty match bonuses afterwards

The killstreaks seriously give huge bonuses to winning teams this time around. Organized parties and clans just rape and generally dominate a game especially against pugs easily. Also you will often get tossed into these random losing teams because of quitters opening up spaces on the flailing team.

andycapps

vehn said:

Send me an invite sometime man if I'm on. When I form parties, people still can't join them.. I think I need to open some ports on my router or something. But I have a mic again.. Been playing a lot with noiretoile (sp?) from here and it's been good times.

BattleMonkey said:
The killstreaks seriously give huge bonuses to winning teams this time around. Organized parties and clans just rape and generally dominate a game especially against pugs easily. Also you will often get tossed into these random losing teams because of quitters opening up spaces on the flailing team.

Ya, I really wish they had more mercenary play types.

HooCares

Neo Member
DeuceMojo said:

You still get to finish your AC130/Gunner run even if you're killed.

EDIT Beat

HooCares

Neo Member
vehn said:

When I play by myself I'm forced to quit out of over half the games I join. The Win/Loss statistic is completely pointless b/c of this. Win or lose, I don't want to be put in games that are over half over.

Played a game with some "friends-of-a-friend" one night, and here comes this dude that's going on in a monotone, kinda the surfer/bored/stoner monotone.

And that's OK. 'Cause yaknow, Steven Wright could come across as boring, but he's got something worth saying and the shtick becomes the punchline.

But this kid here, it's a special kind of drone, ending in the same statement every time. "Just got a triple kill with a cooked grenade, happy face"
or
Somebody shot me in the face from across the map, sad face"

Kid, I'm glad YOU think your 'happy face, sad face' bullshit at the end of ever sentence is funny. Someone's gotta think it's funny or interesting or original. Or tolerable. Sure the fuck isn't me.

DeuceMojo said:
Played a game with some "friends-of-a-friend" one night, and here comes this dude that's going on in a monotone, kinda the surfer/bored/stoner monotone.

And that's OK. 'Cause yaknow, Steven Wright could come across as boring, but he's got something worth saying and the shtick becomes the punchline.

But this kid here, it's a special kind of drone, ending in the same statement every time. "Just got a triple kill with a cooked grenade, happy face"
or

Kid, I'm glad YOU think your 'happy face, sad face' bullshit at the end of ever sentence is funny. Someone's gotta think it's funny or interesting or original. Or tolerable. Sure the fuck isn't me.
seconded

MrCompletely said:
Yeah... except, if your character gets killed while controlling a AC130/Chopper Gunner/Predator, you continue to control it. You only stop once the time is up or the vehicle is destroyed.

If you're killed while air-gunning, you simply res-pawn after.
Balloon burst. Bwah, bwah, bwaaaaahhh. :lol Oh well, still satisfying.

Graf Nudu said:
Dear IW,

Could we please have Vacant, Crash and Crossfire remakes in MW2?

Thank you!

Nothing was like the interior combat of Vacant. Loved it. Need to bring that back just so I can take the Striker out for a walk once in a while.

Pete Rock

DeuceMojo said:
It's even better when kids actually vocalize "lol" as some sort of bastardized form of expression, instead of you know, actually laughing. A little part of me dies every time I hear it, certainly.

Pete Rock said:
I do like the idea of an short lived and wildly crazed AI rush character coming on the scene
I played that Snatch and Grab and was about 50% at taking out Juggernauts. But I actually preferred them to the Shadow Ops.

Now a 3-man team of Shadow Ops unleashed on the enemy team would be crushing.

Btw, Pete, did you beat Snatch and Grab on veteran?

Kibbles said:
Yes, but was he funny?
He didn't tell any jokes, he was acting normal.

For being normal, he was funny.

And his Gamertag is the easiest thing ever to guess, and he won't add you. He ripped on some guy asking if he would add him.

DeuceMojo said:

or

lol - I say that occasionally - but only as a sting to sarcasm. Sounds like you got the other end of the stick. Sorry man.

Replayability of multiplayer on prestige mode is losing its allure... Not so sure if I really want to lose my good weapons, perks, etc... the first classes really do suck.

Foxtastical said:
He didn't tell any jokes, he was acting normal.

For being normal, he was funny.

And his Gamertag is the easiest thing ever to guess, and he won't add you. He ripped on some guy asking if he would add him.

Celebrity is funny. "I'm Dane Cook. Love me. Oh no no no, don't ask to be on my friends list, that's crossing the line. Meanwhile, please laugh at my jokes."

That said, I'd probably secretly wish that I was on his friends list. :lol

Pete Rock

DeuceMojo said:
Btw, Pete, did you beat Snatch and Grab on veteran?
We kept getting jacked up when pinched by the Juggernauts from both ends after dropping to the slope outside of the one way plane fuselage section, probably three or four times and we put it on the back burner. Tried thermals and different combos of gear but I don't think we've found the sweet spot for that level yet, agreed on the Shadow ops creeping in those plane windows... you actually kind of appreciate the boldness of the juggernaut at that point :lol

Major Williams said:
lol - I say that occasionally - but only as a sting to sarcasm. Sounds like you got the other end of the stick. Sorry man.

Replayability of multiplayer on prestige mode is losing its allure... Not so sure if I really want to lose my good weapons, perks, etc... the first classes really do suck.

I'm sure it wasn't you, dude, happy face. The dude that was saying it wasn't using with any real finesse, just an onslaught of "look at this new gimmicky saying I have." Sad face.

:lol :lol :lol

winnarps

Sometimes I really wish we could save replays, forge new maps, and have crazy awesome stat-tracking a la Halo 3.

If you combined MW2's leveling/unlock system with the extended features of Halo 3, you'd have a near-perfect multiplayer experience.

Tek

I really need to work on my placement of air drops. So many times they fall behind a gate I can't reach or on top of a building...

sad face

winnarps said:
Sometimes I really wish we could save replays, forge new maps, and have crazy awesome stat-tracking a la Halo 3.

If you combined MW2's leveling/unlock system with the extended features of Halo 3, you'd have a near-perfect multiplayer experience.

W@W had stat-tracking. If a shitty developer like Treyarch can pull it off, clearly the vastly superior minds at IW could figure out a way to do it.

/sarcasm

Tek said:
I really need to work on my placement of air drops. So many times they fall behind a gate I can't reach or on top of a building...

sad face
I've been squashed by mine and had it roll off on Highrise. I've since been smarter about placing them... :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Tek said:

sad face

I always aim straight down and throw the marker, away from any walls or buildings. Since then, I've never had a care package I couldn't reach.

freitax

okay silencer+cold blooded+ninja is awesome:D I'm invisible:lol

Edit: I still have 2 bars 80% of the time:/ and i'm in europe for christ sake:/

DarkGreymore

Neo Member
So after much time away i can finally say that the PC version really isn't fun in the connecting to games department.

Compared to how it used to be of course this is lamentable at best.

It seems however that Xbox 360 and PS3 Users have alot less problems in general having at least played the Xbox 360 version their P2P Matchmaking seems to work fairly well. (Well if you in the US or Europe anyway).

The PC version's Matchmaking is laughable at best. Host Migration rarely seems to work in my experience with it so far. The game itself is fine. The problem doesn't lie in how good or bad people think the game is.

The whole matchmaking on PC is just horrendous, not to mention fairly long compared to just changing maps, load map, then play. We all knew this would be the case. I gave it a fair spin to see how this would pan out. If everything works as it should however the game is enjoyale. But so far I think I have over 30 losses mostly due to disconnects and host migration error and so on. Clearly the game, as many have said, was ported to PC and PS3 and was primarly made for Xbox 360. In anycase, it's a dissapointment in how the game handles multiplayer. Nothing unsurprising there I suppose.

For those who care I am level 49 with the same name as here on the PC .

At least i'm glad I won't be paying for the game. heh.

Well when the game works it's rather fun, if you don't mind all the 1887 and knife runners everywhere now.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Jesus H Christ

Harrier/Pave Low/Chopper Gunner is working great for me.

As soon as I get six kills (Thanks hardline), I use the harrier and it boosts me to 8 and most times up to 10 or 11, but by then I have a Pave Low in the sky, and have to wait for it to leave or die before I can do Chopper Gunner. I got a 19 streak 3x today :eek:

I'm going to switch to Harrier/Gunner/EMP my next streak. I want a more passive power as my last, not the nuke. It's kinda played out now. I've seen it a bunch, but only seen EMP once. And I can definitely get 15 on a more regular basis than 25.

bud

Tek said:

sad face

that happened to me once in favela. :lol i was waiting for the package... but it landed on one of those huts your can't reach. you should've seen my face. sad face total

I dont understand these snipers trying to kill me while jumping off a ledge and sniping me in mid air. IT DOESNT WORK ON ME STOP TRYING. I will blow you away with my spas 12. :lol

Speaking of SPAS 12, I was on skidrow and I was on the sandbag ledge where theres 2 holes in the wall behind you, a small hole to the right of you and a window over a doorway below. There was a guy shooting out of the window so I jumped off the ledge and shot gunned the guy while falling off just to show these stupid jumping snipers whose the boss.

Well, my Xbox decided to stop reading discs. So no more MW2 for a while. :(

I got to level 53. I was hoping to hit 70 before Thanksgiving, but I guess not.

NYR

Foxtastical said:
It's DANE COOK, right? I think a friend played him online, apparently he sucks.

winnarps said:
Yes, saving replays would be so freakin' cool it wouldn't even be funny. Publicly viewable, tradeable, like Halo 3.

In a way, I'm glad it doesn't mirror Halo 3 though.

bud said:
that happened to me once in favela. :lol i was waiting for the package... but it landed on one of those huts your can't reach. you should've seen my face. sad face total

Hahaha. Happy face. :D

Top Bottom