• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

I've always wondered how they gauge accuracy. Do grenades count? C-4? Claymores? Knife slashes? Throwing knives?

If it's just bullets I should be above the 20% I'm at now.

Also I spray and pray a lot. Not only that but I'm constantly laying down ghost shots for where a player is going to be soon (if they weren't such noobs, amirite!?) I have so so many more shots than anyone on my list.

So its at 15%.

Kyzer said:
What? Maybe I missed something.

I posted my K/D and Accuracy.

You did the same and added "what really matters", your W/L.

I posted sharing my opinion of using W/L as an overall evaluation.

So why not comment on your post directed at people wanting to share their stats?

Maybe it's my Junior status, but I thought this was a forum for discussion?
sorry I didn't notice your W/L. Oh, thats because it's not there so come on boy step into the big leagues what's your W/L?

xxjuicesxx said:
Also I spray and pray a lot. Not only that but I'm constantly laying down ghost shots for where a player is going to be soon (if they weren't such noobs, amirite!?) I have so so many more shots than anyone on my list.

So its at 15%.
Yeah I'll do some trolling by shooting at nothing so I show up on the map and see if anyone is lying in wait around me that has to be screwing up my accuracy.

Odrion

Banned
SmokeMaxX said:
Those scenarios don't happen? I don't know what games you're playing, but they happen all the time. You never shoot at people that are in gun-fights with other people? Considering the size of the teams relative to the size of the map and considering the spawn systems, I'd imagine that the scenarios happen more often than not.
Yes, I am aware that happens all the time. But there is no scenario where Stopping Power would really be of any use. A sniper round is 70 points of damage, if they're wounded by a single bullet you still probably would take them out. And that's if you suck and only hit feet or arms. A chest or headshot has a multiplier that makes it a one hit kill.

Switch Stopping Power with something else, you'll notice that you don't really need it.

Fugu

practice02 said:
sorry I didn't notice your W/L. Oh, thats because it's not there so come on boy step into the big leagues what's your W/L?
W/L isn't the big leagues, it's a measure of how often you get matched on a team with decent people.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Fugu said:
W/L isn't the big leagues, it's a measure of how often you get matched on a team with decent people.

Just let him roll with it, he's having fun being 'elitist'

240wyyx.gif

NeoUltima

Does Pavelow not count towards killstreak...or did I get some sort of glitch. Got like 6 kills with it but my chopper gunner never came up.

DMeisterJ

Banned
NeoUltima said:
Does Pavelow not count towards killstreak...or did I get some sort of glitch. Got like 6 kills with it but my chopper gunner never came up.
Same thing happens to me!

I would get the harrier, then the PL, but Chopper Gunner would not unlock, even if I got 2 kills by hand after throwing the PL up. Some kind of glitch? It used to work fine... I just switched to EAD and my harrier usually carries me to 11 anyway.

NeoUltima said:
Did you get the pavelow, die then use it after you respawned?

The other day, I got a Sentry Gun from a care package and it counted toward my killstreak. I set it up in the main doorway of Estate and went and hid. All of a sudden "HARRIER AIRSTRIKE READY".

Nizz

buy teh haloz said:
Just got my first Red Tiger. :D
Nice! I got the Urban camo for the UMP, but I always go back to the Arctic camo. Guns look sweet in white. ;)

Fugu said:
Good point. Also, my W/L is pretty shit now since I've joined a couple of matches were I'm on the losing team and the score's like 1300 to 6500. :(

K/D ratio is pretty eh also (1.05). But I like Domination mode. And that mode can tear up your K/D. Especially if you're trying hard to capture points when not too many other are trying.

I am having some serious trouble getting the 10 kills with no killstreak on challenge completed (with the mario-ized Price avatar reward).

Anyone got any good setups/camping spots on maps? I've gotten up to 9... then grenaded or red pilled. I'm not a terrible player, but I always get nervous around 6-7 kills.

I think the best place for me so far has been domination matches during ground war. Anyone else have any ideas?

MrPliskin

Banned
bishoptl said:
Oh I love it when members do this.

Ouch! :lol

I'm kind of on a "haitus" from MW2. My rage from Javelin glitchers is reaching it's limit, and I'm just suffering overall in all game modes.

My KD stinks comapred to most of you though, none of you have the right to say your 2+KDRs are "bad". 0.68 is definitely where it's at, n00bs represent!

Major Williams said:
I am having some serious trouble getting the 10 kills with no killstreak on challenge completed (with the mario-ized Price avatar reward).

Anyone got any good setups/camping spots on maps? I've gotten up to 9... then grenaded or red pilled. I'm not a terrible player, but I always get nervous around 6-7 kills.

I think the best place for me so far has been domination matches during ground war. Anyone else have any ideas?

I would suggest Domination matches. Especially on Underpass, go to "C" and if you can, get underneath the steps and try to watch the main door as well as those coming in from "B."

You can get a lot of kills this way and if you feel overwhelmed you can run back into the parking lot and pick off people going in.

Make sure you have Cold Blooded on in case they have a UAV as well as Ninja so no HBS can spot you. It took a while for me to get it, but once you do, the emblem is as awesome as it looks :)

Hope this helps.

djblackice said:
I would suggest Domination matches. Especially on Underpass, go to "C" and if you can, get underneath the steps and try to watch the main door as well as those coming in from "B."

You can get a lot of kills this way and if you feel overwhelmed you can run back into the parking lot and pick off people going in.

Make sure you have Cold Blooded on in case they have a UAV as well as Ninja so no HBS can spot you. It took a while for me to get it, but once you do, the emblem is as awesome as it looks :)

Hope this helps.
Thanks! I'll give it a go... Though I will miss Stopping power...

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
GAZERK said:
I know it's part of the game and all, but damn I hate when people camp for a majority of the game.

The maps are so open, just walk around and kill them.

There's very very few choke points in any of the maps and even if there is just use a grenade.

djblackice said:
I remember you from a Domination match in Karachi. You were running around doing the javelin glitch. How do I remember? You had the [GAF] clan tag and I was at 24 kills, one away from the nuke, and then I ran into your glitching little self.

Grrrr....
Yup that was me.. I had first learned on a youtube on that day & kept using it almost if nothing else mattered. Nothing to refute.. only to claim, my bad GAFFers & and a puss-in-boots sorry face for you blackice.

MrPliskin

Banned
Major Williams said:

I personally think Hardcore is definitely the best way to get this. Granted, I havent' gotten it yet, but pretty much everyone else in my clan has it, and we play hardcore almost exclusively now. No killcam + radar make it much much easier to camp and get this, as opposed to the stupid killcam and radar.

Major Williams said:
Thanks! I'll give it a go... Though I will miss Stopping power...

As did I. However, just pick out a gun with high damage and add FMJ and it should alleviate some of the perks of having Stopping Power equipped.

Accident

NeoUltima said:

The Pavelow is glitched, it never count towards the next killstreak.

jiien

Sorry if I missed where everyone talked about it, but does anyone know what's up with 1.05? Did they finally get rid of that stupid Jav glitch? It was the only annoying glitch I encountered, and it was really only a pain when playing Domination, but it seriously needed to go.

Top Bottom