• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Odrion

Banned
It doesn't matter that much because you('re suppose to) kill them in one shot regardless. Those scenarios don't happen. Seriously, go pick Hardline, Cold Blooded, or Lightweight.

UFRA

cameltoe said:
360: X STICKY II
ps3: cameltow

Ill be on after 930pm CST

Ok GAF LISTEN UP!!

The betting station is now open for business until 9:20PM CST!!

That's right, make your bets right here folks, I got two sides, either SHOTGUN or KNIFE!

Place your bets people, let's go, I don't have all night, what's it gonna be??

:lol

andycapps

Holy crap I just realized this match will be going down around 12:30 or later tonight.. I don't know if I can keep my eyes open that long.. Will try but it's been a long week and I'm getting old. :lol

UFRA

andycapps said:
Holy crap I just realized this match will be going down around 12:30 or later tonight.. I don't know if I can keep my eyes open that long.. Will try but it's been a long week and I'm getting old. :lol

No, CST is Central time. If you're in Ohio, then I think you're still in central, or at worst case Eastern, which means it's 10:30 for you.

Edit: Just checked, Ohio is Eastern.

andycapps

UFRA said:
No, CST is Central time. If you're in Ohio, then I think you're still in central, or at worst case Eastern, which means it's 10:30 for you.

Edit: Just checked, Ohio is Eastern.

Ah ok, for some reason I was thinking PST. Okay, 10:30 is definitely doable. I'd like to be in on this game or at least spectating. I want to see the madness.

SmokeMaxX

Odrion said:
It doesn't matter that much because you('re suppose to) kill them in one shot regardless. Those scenarios don't happen. Seriously, go pick Hardline, Cold Blooded, or Lightweight.

Those scenarios don't happen? I don't know what games you're playing, but they happen all the time. You never shoot at people that are in gun-fights with other people? Considering the size of the teams relative to the size of the map and considering the spawn systems, I'd imagine that the scenarios happen more often than not.

Stopping Power is great for the .50 cal with a silencer. I'd say that plus Scavenger is much more useful than Cold-Blooded and whatever.

Odrion said:
Jesus Christ, the game seemed to get really broken over the course of four or so days.
I pulled an epic rage quit and got rid of the game. Freedom!

MaxSteel

tarius1210 said:
Most people who post here don't give a shit about their K/D ratio. WELL...I DO. I constantly watch it along with my accuracy. I love the challenge of trying to get it higher. Here it is in all of it's sad and pathetic glory. I will even BOLD it for you guys because I'm an attention whore.

K/D: 2.06 (I know it's bad but it WILL get better, lol)
Accuracy: 27.13% (strictly SCAR and M16)

i'm obsessed with my K/D ratio too - that's why i only play team deathmatch and domination. love signing on, checking my ration, and then signing off and seeing it improve - such a solid way of seeing your skill progress.

and i'd kill for your "bad" 2.06 K/D ratio - i'm at .81 right now - but steadily rising. i'll never get to 2.06 - i'd be satisfied with 1.5

Son of Godzilla said:
Stopping Power is great for the .50 cal with a silencer. I'd say that plus Scavenger is much more useful than Cold-Blooded and whatever.

I pulled an epic rage quit and got rid of the game. Freedom!
Scavenger wouldn't replace cold blooded in that slot if you where to use it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
MaxSteel said:
i'm obsessed with my K/D ratio too - that's why i only play team deathmatch and domination. love signing on, checking my ration, and then signing off and seeing it improve - such a solid way of seeing your skill progress.

and i'd kill for your "bad" 2.06 K/D ratio - i'm at .81 right now - but steadily rising. i'll never get to 2.06 - i'd be satisfied with 1.5

Sadly, I'll probably never reach 2.0 either.

Before I even knew K/D was being tracked, I started out trying to knife people for entire games... and not with a speed knife class. I would get Care Packages as my highest killstreak bonus and I'd pretty much always end a match with a negative ratio. I was .6 for weeks until I stopped goofing off. I started getting significantly better and using solid weapons... right now I'm sitting at 1.2 and it only goes up after every day of playing.

I wouldn't put too much stock in it, personally. The fact is, if you goofed off and just tried to do stupid shit in the beginning, you're facing an uphill battle with trying to get a high ratio.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Is there anywhere we can send a list of douchebags using the javelin glitch other than the Xbox complaints which probably amount to nothing?

The game is pretty much unplayable until they fix this.

practice02 said:
Scavenger wouldn't replace cold blooded in that slot if you where to use it.
? I said Stopping Power + Silencer + Scavenger. Better than anything with cold-blooded really, unless you really need thermal for some reason.

Rawk Hawk

tarius1210 said:
Most people who post here don't give a shit about their K/D ratio. WELL...I DO. I constantly watch it along with my accuracy. I love the challenge of trying to get it higher. Here it is in all of it's sad and pathetic glory. I will even BOLD it for you guys because I'm an attention whore.

K/D: 2.06 (I know it's bad but it WILL get better, lol)
Accuracy: 27.13% (strictly SCAR and M16)

That's a solid K/D ratio and there's nothing wrong if these are the ratios you choose to keep track of. I just prefer the challenge of getting my W/L ratio higher, last I knew it was around .90, but have a lot of free for alls and left games to meet up with friends.

J-Rzez

I've been giving up on K/D anymore. I'll use whatever garbage gear I can just to complete challenges for the XP to go through the levels faster. But I'm still around 1.9, so that's not bad I guess not using my preferred set ups and such.

Has there been any info on the later prestige unlocks yet other than rumor?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
johnFkennedy said:
Is there some sort of matchup happening?

Yup...

tarius "very few people are at my level of domination" 1210

vs

camel "I'll be there" toe

time: sometime after 930pm CST.

Kyzer

Banned
practice02 said:
K/D: 1.3
Accuracy:12.8
W/L: 3.0
Fuck K/d
it's all about what really matters
W/L

Ha.

Please.

If random match-ups with people who suck and can't handle firing their weapon without shitting their pants in r/l determine MY ability as a player, then I don't want to be evaluated.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
practice02 said:
K/D: 1.3
Accuracy:12.8
W/L: 3.0
Fuck K/d
it's all about what really matters
W/L

How does W/L really count for anything when you can get thrown into games that are pretty much over? :lol

So far I am 1.5 for K/D, 15% accuracy, and I stopped paying attention to W/L three days after the game came out because I realized the issue of getting thrown into blowout games wasn't going away.

Kyzer said:
Ha.

Please.

If random match-ups with people who suck and can't handle firing their weapon without shitting their pants in r/l determine MY ability as a player, then I don't want to be evaluated.
your poor sentence structure is hindering your ability to express your concept clearly please explain more clearly what you are intending to convey.

Kyzer said:
Ha.

Please.

Or the modes I play. I can go 5/25 on a HQ map yet be the MVP on the winning team. K/D ratio really means that you aren't playing all game types in the game. Anyone that takes one tiny slice and basis their skill off that doesn't make sense.

It's like the guy who brags he's the best at a racing game yet he only races on one track with only a certain car and won't budge from that.

gibration

I think my K/D is around 2.17, not sure. I just play anything im in the mood for but about 100% of the time im playing, im giving it my best. I don't remember any of my other stats but I wouldn't say they are too bad.

Tiger uppercut said:
popcorn.gif

turn on speculation for the match.

EDIT:

invite me when it starts :D PSN:Biggz124

I remember you from a Domination match in Karachi. You were running around doing the javelin glitch. How do I remember? You had the [GAF] clan tag and I was at 24 kills, one away from the nuke, and then I ran into your glitching little self.

Grrrr....

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
djblackice said:
I remember you from a Domination match in Karachi. You were running around doing the javelin glitch. How do I remember? You had the [GAF] clan tag and I was at 24 kills, one away from the nuke, and then I ran into your glitching little self.

Grrrr....

oh shi-

Dabanton

djblackice said:

Grrrr....

So we have a glitcher in our midst,Tiger uppercut are you going to refute his claims?:lol

Kyzer

Banned
practice02 said:
your poor sentence structure is hindering your ability to express your concept clearly please explain more clearly what you are intending to convey.

Fuck you, dick. English isn't my primary language, but whatever, here:

Der. If my wins/losses, which are compounded respectively by the outcomes of team-based objectives, determine my ability as a player, I would prefer to not be evaluated at all. I feel this way as the teams that I am put into are determined at random and sizable portion of the player-base are incapable of shooting their firearm without excreting feces from their sphincter.

Better? Maybe you should crawl out of the confines of your own butthole, and your social experience will allow you to make inferences and understand people a little better.

Kyzer

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Or the modes I play. I can go 5/25 on a HQ map yet be the MVP on the winning team. K/D ratio really means that you aren't playing all game types in the game. Anyone that takes one tiny slice and basis their skill off that doesn't make sense.

It's like the guy who brags he's the best at a racing game yet he only races on one track with only a certain car and won't budge from that.

Agreed. Good way of putting this, too.

Kyzer

Banned
noire said:
People who are better than me (read: everyone): did you have to slow down your pace for this game? I think part of my problem is that I'm playing it too much like a twitch shooter rather than ducking from cover to cover.
It took me a while to get a hang of this game. You can still do what you do, but you'll come to learn the maps and spawn zones naturally, and that will lead to you taking smarter routes and, well, just doing much better in general.

You may also, yeah, want to slow down just a tad :lol

MaxSteel

noire said:
People who are better than me (read: everyone): did you have to slow down your pace for this game? I think part of my problem is that I'm playing it too much like a twitch shooter rather than ducking from cover to cover.

The other parts of my problem: bad aim & I don't spot people as fast as most people I see on killcam. Hell I've watched killcams and still didn't see myself as I died.

i really sucked at first because i was playing it like WaW where you could just run around with the MP40 wasting people and go on a 15 kill streak

i've begun playing much defensively - finding an area of the map, sticking to it, and killing anyone that wants to mess with me. and my scores have skyrocketed.

dwin45

The only game type that's enjoyable for me is Mercenary Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All. I usually don't play with other people and I always just get matched up against entire clans in the other game types.

rodvik

djblackice said:

Grrrr....

Sheet, to my left a dance off, to my right someone just poured a drink over a guys head at the bar.

Its a helluva night at GAF's

dwin45 said:
The only game type that's enjoyable for me is Mercenary Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All. I usually don't play with other people and I always just get matched up against entire clans in the other game types.

They should make a Mercenary type for every play list I think. I would love one for Hardcore Team Deathmatch.

Kyzer said:
Fuck you, dick. English isn't my primary language, but whatever, here:

Der. If my wins/losses, which are compounded respectively by the outcomes of team-based objectives, determine my ability as a player, I would prefer to not be evaluated at all. I feel this way as the teams that I am put into are determined at random and sizable portion of the player-base are incapable of shooting their firearm without excreting feces from their sphincter.

Better? Maybe you should crawl out of the confines of your own butthole, and your social experience will allow you to make inferences and understand people a little better.
So why did you comment on my post directed at people wanting to share there stats if you don't care about them? why don't you lurk a little more, Junior. Also you should never infer anything.

Kyzer

Banned
practice02 said:
So why did you comment on my post directed at people wanting to share there stats if you don't care about them? why don't you lurk a little more, Junior.

What? Maybe I missed something.

I posted my K/D and Accuracy.

You did the same and added "what really matters", your W/L.

I posted sharing my opinion of using W/L as an overall evaluation.

So why not comment on your post directed at people wanting to share their stats?

Maybe it's my Junior status, but I thought this was a forum for discussion?

noire said:

The other parts of my problem: bad aim & I don't spot people as fast as most people I see on killcam. Hell I've watched killcams and still didn't see myself as I died.

Pretty much. Learning to take it slow and not get frustrated was the biggest hurdle for me. The only class you should play as a twitch shooter is the speed/knife class.

P.S the killcam is a lying motherfucker

Accuracy isn't really something people should compare since its based on which weapon you prefer.

You're not exactly going to miss as much with a rocket launcher than you would with a AUG Bar for example.

Apples and Oranges.

Kyzer

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Accuracy isn't really something people should compare since its based on which weapon you prefer.

You're not exactly going to miss as much with a rocket launcher than you would with a AUG Bar for example.

Apples and Oranges.

Yeah, that's true. Well me and my friends were talking the other day about how stats aren't even really indicative of a player's ability because there are so many factors that go into it.

Top Bottom