• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

UFRA

Encountered my first Javelin glitcher in a TDM match today. He was doing it on Favela, and sucked pretty badly. I saw him charging at me with the Javelin and quickly shot him several times before he ever got too close, He ended up going like 4-12....I wanted to send him a message just to laugh at him for failing at succeeding even as a glitcher, but I just let it go...

Dear stupid people who don't equip the Stinger in regular TDM and allow me to get over 10 kills with a single Pave Low... thank you.

Dear smart people who equip the Stinger in hardcore TDM and shoot my Pave Low down the second it appears... you suck.

Came across my first care package glitchers on PS3 tonight. At any given time the other team had 3-5 packages you could see on the mini map with planes/copters constantly, and I mean constantly raining down from the sky. The people that play this game make me hate this game, gamers in general, and games in general. Generally speaking.

Cohsae

So what should you do (on PC btw) if you come across someone who's hacking. Earlier there was a guy who was blatantly aimbotting, and essentially admitted to being a hacker. Can you record the match without using fraps or whatever?

Dot50Cal

Banned
Its a lot more complicated with catching cheaters on the PC. Theres the fact that its not a closed platform, so spoofing someone elses name/account as a hacker is easy. Valve (VAC) won't accept user-input in banning a person. Their system is designed to operate itself, independent of community input. Meanwhile, on 360, its a closed platform. So faking that stuff is wayyyyy harder, probably impossible.

JesseZao

OldJadedGamer said:
Dear stupid people who don't equip the Stinger in regular TDM and allow me to get over 10 kills with a single Pave Low... thank you.

Dear smart people who equip the Stinger in hardcore TDM and shoot my Pave Low down the second it appears... you suck.

I R SMRT!

VaLiancY

OldJadedGamer said:

"ENEMY HARRIER APPROACHING!"

Me: "Anyone going to get that?"
Teammates: "Nah I don't carry a Stinger"
Me: "Do any of you have another kit with a Stinger or any launcher?"
Teammates: "Nope.

I devote myself to full time anti-aircraft duties while the team runs into enemy fire, grenades and ambushes feeding the opposite team's ability to gain more killstreaks which makes my job a lot harder.

/sigh

I think I encountered a glitcher (seemed like a glitch anyway...) in Highrise. It's hard to explain, but he jumped off the ledge where he should have died. He then landed on some ledge that allowed him to walk to the other side of the map about a story below us. Even stranger, he jumped back into the map from an unreasonable distance and knifed us from the back (the replay looks crazy). Maybe it's legit, but it looked pretty crazy from the killcam.

Cohsae

Tkawsome said:
I think I encountered a glitcher (seemed like a glitch anyway...) in Highrise. It's hard to explain, but he jumped off the ledge where he should have died. He then landed on some ledge that allowed him to walk to the other side of the map about a story below us. Even stranger, he jumped back into the map from an unreasonable distance and knifed us from the back (the replay looks crazy). Maybe it's legit, but it looked pretty crazy from the killcam.
Hmm not sure exactly what part of the map you mean but there are a lot of crazy jumps on Highrise. Plenty of youtube vids showing them off.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Does anyone else think the Chopper Gunner needs weakening? I'm not even saying this because I get killed by them, rather I have my killstreak set up to get me one almost instantly after a 5 kill streak (Predator-Harrier-Chopper) and I use them a lot.

It can turn at all angles and you can just keep firing with no overheat.. Then the team starts spawning and you can basically just keep spraying there for kills. I almost feel bad for using it. :lol

Prestiging is such a fucking bitch. No stinger for TDM or ninja for search and destroy fucking sucks.

And today i was playing ground war and there were people doing javelin glitching left and right. Really really sucked but it was kind of funny to what.

Loxley

Highrise has so many goddamn little ledges that people can weasel their way onto and exploit (in the annoying sense, not glitching) that I have no idea which one you're talking about.

Tokubetsu

Fyrus said:
Does anyone else think the Chopper Gunner needs weakening? I'm not even saying this because I get killed by them, rather I have my killstreak set up to get me one almost instantly after a 5 kill streak (Predator-Harrier-Chopper) and I use them a lot.

It can turn at all angles and you can just keep firing with no overheat.. Then the team starts spawning and you can basically just keep spraying there for kills. I almost feel bad for using it. :lol

Nope it's fine. Gotta get nukes somehow.

Cohsae

Fyrus said:

Yes it is absurd. Completely absurd. Especially on terminal where you can just trap everyone inside and shoot through the roof, meaning they have almost no chance to shoot down the chopper. It's pretty insane on scrapyard as well. I mean i was going something like 20-5, then the gunner gave me at least 20 I would say, all for next to no effort since I got it from a care package IIRC.

Tokubetsu

Cohsae said:
Yes it is absurd. Completely absurd. Especially on terminal where you can just trap everyone inside and shoot through the roof, meaning they have almost no chance to shoot down the chopper. It's pretty insane on scrapyard as well. I mean i was going something like 20-5, then the gunner gave me at least 20 I would say, all for next to no effort since I got it from a care package IIRC.

Yea well if they didnt want to get hit, they'd be rocking cold blooded :D

Cohsae said:
Hmm not sure exactly what part of the map you mean but there are a lot of crazy jumps on Highrise. Plenty of youtube vids showing them off.

Maybe this will help.

Highrise.jpg

I'm guessing the enemy jumped off at 1 since I didn't see him off, but he was able to walk along the red line all the way to point 2 well under the map. Once he reached 2, he somehow was able to jump what seemed like a whole story to get back into the map and knife us in the back.

Yeef

I feel like there's something I must be missing. I played a few matches of Merc Team Deathmatch and the enemies seemed to know EXACTLY where I was which was weird because I was using a full stealth class (cold-blooded pro, ninja pro and silencers on primary and secondary). There were a handful of instances where it was obvious that people had spotted me and then gotten the jump on me, but more often someone who didn't see me would suddenly come directly at me. I've never had that problem with stealth classes before, but this was the first time I'd tried using the heartbeat sensor with one.

I was working through the F2000 challenges tonight and I think it's a decent rifle in general, but the red dot for it is awful especially on Underpass. Not only does it make everything darker, but it's also got a slight reflection. It really does hurt more than it helps.

Nelo Ice

Banned
KaYotiX said:
Hit Nuke 9 today, once i get the emblem im not gonna bother with it anymore....i like my care packages too much :D

same here probably and getting that emblem is the only thing holding me back from prestiging :lol

Tkawsome said:
Maybe this will help.

Highrise.jpg

I'm guessing the enemy jumped off at 1 since I didn't see him off, but he was able to walk along the red line all the way to point 2 well under the map. Once he reached 2, he somehow was able to jump what seemed like a whole story to get back into the map and knife us in the back.

There is a one of those platforms down there at the end that you can climb up on. i never knew this until you showed me that map. I just tried in private match.

Lionheart1827 said:
There is a one of those platforms down there at the end that you can climb up on. i never knew this until you showed me that map. I just tried in private match.

Maybe it was a really strange kill cam then. It didn't show him climb up or anything, he just flew over the edge from what seemed like an impossible jump. When I spotted him the second time, I didn't see any platform for him to stand on, but I didn't have time to really look longer then a second though. I'll check it again.

DRE Fei

Ran into a javelin glitcher tonight man this patch can't come soon enough. I love how they're so blatant about it too. I guess it's because the explosion covers so much fucking distance! Even when I kept sniping him from afar with no problems, he refused to stop. I used the complaint system, but I doubt that shit even works. Bastard.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Wow, nuke boosters are pathetic. Even worse than Javelin glitchers, because they might have a small amount of fun at least. What's the point of a nuke if you just kill your friend 25 times?

Couldn't even kill them because they were in some remote area on Wasteland, then when I finally got to them without being shot the guy getting killed for his friend (was on my team) kept dancing in front of me, tried shooting, didn't work. Semtex bounced off my teammate and the booster killed me while I was trying to avoid the semtex.

Again, pathetic. Can this even be fixed?

Hey, a new patch is online (at least for the PS3 version). 1.05.

Matchmaking shows "1.3.512.0" (not sure what that means).

Anyone got details of this patch?

edit: It seems that matchmaking has changed: before it searched matches with 100ms ping, now it starts with 40ms ping and goes up from there.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Got around to finishing the single player.

Pretty much as expected. Has some great highs and some bad lows. I like that some levels return to what the original COD was known for; lots and lots of enemies on screen in huge 'world war' scenarios.

Unfortunately there's really no impactful shooting scenes thanks to the game basically being "Camera Man Adventures: Gun Optional". The entire time you never really feel like you're doing anything. It lacks a really distinct 'gun' scene like the sniping, airship, and final shot of COD4.

And IW really need to totally ditch the wank. It's so bad. It's a popcorn shooter through and through and the anti-war symbolism is totally ruined by the glorification. The scene in the second last level where
you stab the soldier in the throat to see a graphic close up of his eyes roll back into his head
is probably the most innapropriate thing I've ever seen put in a game, in relation to context. I almost felt offended, simply because I cant finger what IW's intentions were.

Buuut fun was still had. Some levels are spectacular, some are trash. COD4 is a better game, as a whole, in my opinion as it keeps everything very simple and doesn't try too hard to be more than what it is; a straight forward popcorn blockbuster shooter.

Frillen

Yeah, is there an update coming for the 360 as well? I'm tired of coming into a game with Americans, Australians, Japanese people etc. I live in Norway which means I have to deal with either one red bar or two yellow bars 99% of the time.

Derail is such a stupid map. It's predestinated to just sit on one side of the map and camp. It doesn't make any sense to run around there. The ways are too long and if you're a sniper and put a claymore behind you, nothing much could happen to you (except airstrike etc).

RavenFox said:
Got to play RUST today. Great fun but what a cluster fuck

Just played Rust a few minutes ago. Some guy on my team called in a care package with a sentry gun, but he got shot. So I shot the enemy, grabbed the care package and just placed the sentry in one of the four corners of the map. I got like 15 kills with that sentry. :lol :lol

To be honest, unless you are using the knife class, I don't really understand why people opt for anything other than Cold Blooded for Perk 2. Protection from all aircraft, as well as sentries, plus the comfort of not being shown on the UAV...plus you also have to take into account that it barely takes anything to bring someone down in this game even without stopping power. It's actually kind of laughable just how much better cold blooded is than any other second perk.

Oh man last night I kept killing a javelin glitcher without dying. Such a great feeling.

Dumbass finished 24-32 or something like that. I told him he is a cheat and sucks ass at it too and how I would end my life if I were in his shoes.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Fyrus said:

Honestlly for the most part if at least 2 people on your team have stingers the gunner will be lucky to get one shot off before it goes down. In situations where no one is willing to have stingers as secondary on your team ...ya then it sucks.

bloodydrake said:
So we can finally put to rest the carepackage speed burst ...IS a glitch in the eyes of the devs or is this another thing entirely?

Different thing. Speed is by design or isn't changing. There is a glitch you can use a care package over and over and keep getting drops.

pringles

Fyrus said:

My class with cold-blooded and a stinger can usually shoot them down without letting them do too much damage, but it's easily the best killstreak imo. I have the same setup as you and as long as I get a 5 killstreak, I know I'll have a pretty good game.. the other day I got chopper gunner twice and went 56-3. Yesterday I got it once and ended up 27-0. The amount of people who don't understand to either hide or to seriously try and shoot you down is astounding, but I love it.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I went through 70 levels without using the FAMAS. I prestige, and I'm forced to use it. This gun is amazingly accurate and powerful.

Although I miss my AK47.. this gun is very nice :D

Minamu

I considered the Chopper Gunner to be less than awesome until yesterday when I realized I could hold the trigger button & spam the ground with shells :lol All this time, I had fired 3 shot bursts by hitting the button 3 times. Of course I didn't get more than 3-4 kills per chopper before...

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Everytime I pop into this thread and read about the multiplayer stuff it makes me glad that I'm not dedicated to it. I'm having a great time on my second playthrough on Veteran and doing Spec ops missions. Online time I jump into multiplayer is if my brother or another friend I know is online and they want to play. Other than that, I pretty much stay away.

Leunam

Have they mentioned if 1.06 is supposed to address the floating glitch? I cam across that shit yesterday and it really pissed me off.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Matchmaking is greatly improved in 1.05. It now looks for the lowest ping (Starting at 40 ms) then goes up by 10 ms til it finds a good match. It still puts you in almost finished matches more than I'd care for though. :/

Anyway, I'm Nuke chasing now, keep on getting 24 streaks! Bah!

Top Bottom