• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

kitch9

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
You can't unless you like hardcore (I don't)
One of the biggest damn mistakes IW made in MW2, at least have the damn Intervention be a one hit kill every time.

Bad enough getting sniped for miles with the 1887's in one hit, but getting sniped from across the map on one hit with no way of seeing where it came from......

No thanks.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
Hey does anyone know how the cold blooded pro glitch works? I want the emblem before prestiging. I've seen the video but whenever I try stingering the Pavelow it blows up :/ Halp!

Haha finally got Silence callsign after two days of trying. I swore I did it two or three times but never got it so I equipped Flashbangs myself put on full stealth mode snuck up on a Sniper on Wasteland.

Flashbanged myself quickly aimed at him and threw it. Hell yea.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
corkscrewblow said:
Just sick of people camping like crazy in search just because they can look at their little chode sensor and get easy kills.

...and no, I'm stopping power for life so don't tell me to use cold blooded.

Good thing you need Ninja to avoid heartbeat sensor then, eh?

Risette

A Good Citizen
OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
Hey does anyone know how the cold blooded pro glitch works? I want the emblem before prestiging. I've seen the video but whenever I try stingering the Pavelow it blows up :/ Halp!
Shoot it (LMG+Scavenger), don't blow it up. I got 112 killstreaks downed on my progress from just one Pavelow.

SmokeMaxX

Fyrus said:
Shoot it (LMG+Scavenger), don't blow it up. I got 112 killstreaks downed on my progress from just one Pavelow.

In addition, this is like the one time I recommend putting the AT-4 on a class, because it'll hurt it a good amount and you won't need like 3 LMG clips to destroy the stupid plane.

I'm going for the nuke. Determined. If I ever get it, I'm sure it will be a long way off and thanks mostly down to great luck and a shit enemy team, but alas!

I'm going with Harrier Strike, Chopper Gunner and then Nuke. I'm hoping that once I hit Chopper Gunner I'll be in a really open map where I can get the required 14 kills purely from that, but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm going for the nuke. Determined. If I ever get it, I'm sure it will be a long way off and thanks mostly down to great luck and a shit enemy team, but alas!

I'm going with Harrier Strike, Chopper Gunner and then Nuke. I'm hoping that once I hit Chopper Gunner I'll be in a really open map where I can get the required 14 kills purely from that, but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

thats the right killstreak loadout to get a nuke :D

also even if u dont get it straight from the gunner its not that hard to get the last few urself :lol

bud

i finally encountered the javelin glitch during a sub base game. pretty fucking annoying.

still haven't encountered a nuke, though. i feel so left out.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
TheSeks said:
Originally Posted by AnEternalEnigma:
That would be pretty awesome, but that poses the issue: would it be fair for the other team to not have access to killstreaks for the rest of the game?

They should boost it to where EMP knocks out everyone. Your team and the enemies shit.

That's the whole point of an EMP. It knocks out EVERYTHING.

I endorse this and add in Nukes should end match but not auto win the round. Force people to play the objective to get lead then set off the nuke

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Reznor said:
I'm probably the only one that'll say this, but I enjoyed WaW's multiplayer way more than MW2. Better maps, and not as much clutter with killstreaks/perks.

I traded in WaW just before they added HC HQ (CRY) in anticipation of this game.

Alot of friends aren't that crazy about MW2. I'm actually thinking if the game update doesn't fix some of the ridiculousness of this game I might actually just trade MW2 back in for WaW at ebgames.

I like War(HC especially) alot better then Domination and I love HC HQ with no vehicles it just might be worth it.

P.S. Oh and for the love of God I miss Party chat every minute i have to listen to Kids spew endlessly in MW2

careful

kyo_daikun said:
Ive nearly played for 2 days (just about to prestige) and still haven't seen a nuke, very lame :(
1st time you see it, the novelty effect is kinda cool. But after that it gets annoying that the match ends so abruptly.

Speaking of the nuke, if I only unleash it once, do I get any special reward for it? Debating whether I should bother to get it at least once just to say that I got it.

McNei1y said:
Thats awesome but is this the PS3 version? Do Harriers have Flares on the PS3?

Tar + noob tube + holographic = win!

No they don't but for some reason missiles struggle to lock onto them in certain conditions, I was right under a harrier last night and fired 2 stingers at it and they both curved around and went straight past it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got my "Unbelievable" tag by getting a killcam with the throwing knife.

I had another chance before, but I didn't notice that the score was at 9900 and missed my chance. After that, I just went around spamming the throwing knife as much as I could.

Not as dramatic as that youtube clip, of course, but it was fun to do nonetheless. :lol

So I'm making my first prestige trip (around 30 or something now) and until now I never really gave the Spas-12 much time...big mistake. Although nothing beats the 1887's, you don't get those till the last 3 levels so until then it's me and my Spas. Fantastic range for a shotty.

Nelo Ice said:
thats the right killstreak loadout to get a nuke :D

also even if u dont get it straight from the gunner its not that hard to get the last few urself :lol
Getting 4/5 kills isn't hard at the start of a streak, but with a nuke so close? Choking is very likely!

TimeLike

Nelo Ice said:
just got my most epic nuke yet
went 62-9 on invasion hq

they were at 195 and were seconds away from winning before my team blocked em so that bought me enough time with 6 minutes left to call in my harrier whose airstrike got me my chopper gunner and end of story i nuked :D

I bet you didn't capture a single HQ yourself. Just hung back killing all the lemmings. That's quite an achievement.

Nelo Ice

Banned
TimeLike said:
I bet you didn't capture a single HQ yourself. Just hung back killing all the lemmings. That's quite an achievement.

yeah so i dont really care i just want my emblem and im 1 nuke away
i'll play objective games to win too but guess what i want to finish my challenge and hq and dom are the easiest ways to accomplish my goal

also hey their fault for not stopping me :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
whatever its a challenge and it unlocks something i want so im going to continue trying to get it until i complete the challenge

its like tf2 class updates when the updates are out everyone tries to get the achievements to get the new wpns then once theyre done they go back to playing tf2 normally

I just got the game yesterday, and played through the entire campaign in one sitting (regular). I think I paused the game once to go to the bathroom and that's it. I loved every minute of it and I do believe it is (gameplay wise) a definitive improvement over MW1 (re: spawning enemies and grenade spam).

I'm looking for a wingman to play some spec-ops, I'm not sure I want to jump into the competitive multiplayer just yet (if at all), but I definitely want to try spec-ops co-op online (PS3 user). I've got a mic and will be online most of the day. If anybody wants to have some good old co-op fun, my PSN ID is my gaf username.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Nelo Ice said:
whatever its a challenge and it unlocks something i want so im going to continue trying to get it until i complete the challenge

its like tf2 class updates when the updates are out everyone tries to get the achievements to get the new wpns then once theyre done they go back to playing tf2 normally

But they emblems have nothing to do with gameplay.

Even if they just took out record-keeping of deaths it would improve the game immensely. It would make people more aggressive and go for 20-kill games instead of sitting in a room and going 10-2.

Kills, W/L, and Accuracy should be it.

beast786

Nelo Ice said:
so?
i enjoy unlocking things and doing all the challenges

i want to get all the titles and emblems i can

you are a sorry puppy.

You didnt earn jack. You sit and camp in a team objective game where kills are worthless.

Cobra84

Digital Limit said:
Ugh, a testament to how MW2 encourages shitty gameplay.

Just one of those things that happens when you add a bunch of crap that appeals to 10-year-olds without testing, balancing, or thinking about the consequences.

Ramirez

bloodydrake said:
I endorse this and add in Nukes should end match but not auto win the round. Force people to play the objective to get lead then set off the nuke

This makes perfect sense, which is why its not that way.

FunkyPajamas said:
I just got the game yesterday, and played through the entire campaign in one sitting (regular). I think I paused the game once to go to the bathroom and that's it. I loved every minute of it and I do believe it is (gameplay wise) a definitive improvement over MW1 (re: spawning enemies and grenade spam).

I'm looking for a wingman to play some spec-ops, I'm not sure I want to jump into the competitive multiplayer just yet (if at all), but I definitely want to try spec-ops co-op online (PS3 user). I've got a mic and will be online most of the day. If anybody wants to have some good old co-op fun, my PSN ID is my gaf username.
all i can say is that the missions are awesome and varied. the single player afterlife is great in this game

Nelo Ice

Banned
beast786 said:
you are a sorry puppy.

You didnt earn jack. You sit and camp in a team objective game where kills are worthless.

ok so somethings wrong with wanting to unlock things?

after im done with the challenge im gonna prestige and go back to playin how i usually play which is to win the game
and yes i do actually play to win games but like ive said before i want to unlock the damn emblem
also if u hate ppl doing that then do something about it, if i see people goin for a nuke i try to stop em

beast786

Nelo Ice said:
ok so somethings wrong with wanting to unlock things?

after im done with the challenge im gonna prestige and go back to playin how i usually play which is to win the game and yes i do actually play to win games but like ive said before i want to unlock the damn emblem
also if u hate ppl doing that then do something about it, if i see people goin for a nuke i try to stop em

Man, you already know the answere. You are ruinning the game for everyone else who is playing it right.

There has been times where my team won and all of us had more deaths than kills. Meaning getting kills is worthless. What you are constantly bragging about is worthless and not earned. If you can camp and get killstreaks during Free for all or team death match , i have no issue with it.

Again, you didnt earn JACK. You are playing Team death match in objective base games.

Its like a corner back bragging about an interception even though his team lost .

But again, if thats what makes you happy then GOOD FOR YOU.

Narag

beast786 said:
you are a sorry puppy.

He still walked away with the W for his effort. If anything, the inclusion of the nuke has placed an imperative on killing the enemy team in objective based matches to deny the opposition their "I win." button.

beast786 said:
Its like a corner back bragging about an interception even though his team lost .

Actually a more apt comparison would be a corner that failed to show for 59 minutes but pulls down a game winning TAINT as the clock winds down.

beast786

Narag said:
He still walked away with the W for his effort. If anything, the inclusion of the nuke has placed an imperative on killing the enemy team in objective based matches to deny the opposition their "I win." button.

He is been trying forever and got lucky what 4/5 times and meanwhile cost his team multiple and many more games because he was too busy camping while other team was getting the flag.

Narag said:
Actually a more apt comparison would be a corner that failed to show for 59 minutes but pulls down a game winning TAINT as the clock winds down.

Thats after 15 games of losing he got lucky once.

Neverfade

beast786 said:
He is been trying forever and got lucky what 4/5 times and meanwhile cost his team multiple and many more games because he was too busy camping while other team was getting the flag.

Thats after 15 games of losing he got lucky once.
If he got 25 kills camping out in one spot then the other team deserved to get nuked to shit. It's not that hard to flank a bit.

I ran into someone using Akimbo Desert Eagles yesterday and the person was firing them at the rate of a machine gun. Is there another glitch I haven't heard about?

beast786

Neverfade said:
If he got 25 kills camping out in one spot then the other team deserved to get nuked to shit. It's not that hard to flank a bit.

I am pretty sure he didnt get his 25 kills using his gun :lol . Its hard to flank a Harrier, AC130 and Gunner helicopter.

Killstreak are huge advantge in some Team /time games. Because it forces you to come out in open.

Again. I am done with this. If you seriously dont see an issue where you are spoiling the game for your team and other than again, good for you.

Fugu

beast786 said:
Man, you already know the answere. You are ruinning the game for everyone else who is playing it right.

There has been times where my team won and all of us had more deaths than kills. Meaning getting kills is worthless. What you are constantly bragging about is worthless and not earned. If you can camp and get killstreaks during Free for all or team death match , i have no issue with it.

Again, you didnt earn JACK. You are playing Team death match in objective base games.

But again, if thats what makes you happy then GOOD FOR YOU.
Now see this just doesn't make sense. Every player he shoots on their way to the HQ is one less player on the HQ. It stands to reason that he is making it easier for his team to capture the HQ by shooting people who were about to try and take it themselves. If he was in the HQ itself he becomes an easier target and probably would have died earlier, resulting in not only the loss of a nuke but the loss of defense. There's absolutely nothing wrong with killing people in HQ because every person you kill is one less person putting pressure on the guys capturing the HQ. To be quite honest I don't know why you're criticizing him for being successful.

beast786

Fugu said:
Now see this just doesn't make sense. Every player he shoots on their way to the HQ is one less player on the HQ. It stands to reason that he is making it easier for his team to capture the HQ by shooting people who were about to try and take it themselves. If he was in the HQ itself he becomes an easier target and probably would have died earlier, resulting in not only the loss of a nuke but the loss of defense. There's absolutely nothing wrong with killing people in HQ because every person you kill is one less person putting pressure on the guys capturing the HQ. To be quite honest I don't know why you're criticizing him for being successful.

Here is an example.

During domination. I capture point C. Guy camping takes me out as sson as i capture point C. But instead of coming out and recapture point C. He stays put.

And thats the modes where i have seen the most Nukes. Not HQ.

This is what he posted

Nelo Ice said:
LOL im such an asshole tonight

i just got another nuke on karachi and the team was KILLING us like 145-0 in hq :lol :lol

You really believe he is worried about the team :lol

Just got back to playing online after a week as I let a friend borrow the game.
I come back to:
"Enemy helicpoter"
"Enemy harrier incoming"
"Enemy has jammed our radar"
"Enemy helicopter"
I guess this is the care package glitch I've read about. Ran into it every other game last night. Fun times.
If I knew there was still a community for COD3's mp I would go back to that.

Top Bottom