• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Minamu

Sigh, now there's even an exp glitch... Don't want to post the video guide but it seems you can earn a shit ton of exp (150k per match under the correct circumstances) if you just shoot LMG bullets into riot shields o_O

Nelo Ice

Banned
this is the first someones complained about me going after a nuke
if ppl really gave a damn about it then i would have heard it by now :lol

also i do cap or protect points when its safe rather than running around and getting picked off trying to cap :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I just played a game where my team was getting POUNDED with air support and no one else was even attempting to shoot it down. It got to the point where I stopped bothering, just to see if anyone else would. Nope (they weren't low-level players, either). The top guy on the other team had 65 kills — that's ridiculous for a Domination game.

Scores of people on my team included 9-25, 8-35, 2-17, and 2-35. Hopefully this made them realize how important a stinger/javelin is.

Yeah, I kind of agree with the nuke hate on objective games. When I play objective, I push the objective. Playing domination, if theres even ONE person camping at A the entire match, it makes it almost impossible to win since you will ALWAYS spawn at A. That means the enemy can just set up defenses looking one way and call it a day. Yeah, I can flank around and grab C, but since that's usually only by myself, or with one other person max, they kill me/us, I spawn back at A again, and they cap it back. That shit drives me crazy.

Now when somebody earns a nuke in TDM, whatever man, you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. More power to you (my three have been in TDM)

beast786

Nelo Ice said:
this is the first someones complained about me going after a nuke
if ppl really gave a damn about it then i would have heard it by now :lol

also i do cap or protect points when its safe rather than running around and getting picked off trying to cap :lol

Not when you are trying for the nuke and emblem. You said it yourself. Again 145-0. I am sure you were not running around and getting picked off to cap.

Brannon

Minamu said:
Sigh, now there's even an exp glitch... Don't want to post the video guide but it seems you can earn a shit ton of exp (150k per match under the correct circumstances) if you just shoot LMG bullets into riot shields o_O

It would be hilarious if a video were posted of a shield phalanx of seven being bombarded by eight LMG users (need one guy to walk around and watch)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Pyke Presco said:
Yeah, I kind of agree with the nuke hate on objective games. When I play objective, I push the objective. Playing domination, if theres even ONE person camping at A the entire match, it makes it almost impossible to win since you will ALWAYS spawn at A. That means the enemy can just set up defenses looking one way and call it a day. Yeah, I can flank around and grab C, but since that's usually only by myself, or with one other person max, they kill me/us, I spawn back at A again, and they cap it back. That shit drives me crazy.

Now when somebody earns a nuke in TDM, whatever man, you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. More power to you (my three have been in TDM)

everytime i try in tdm i usually catch fire too late and the game ends when im about to launch my gunner or while im in it

as for dom thats exactly why i protect the point so we dont get dominated and get stuck at one point and ok yes i want more time to get my nuke :lol

beast786

Pyke Presco said:

Exactly agree 100%. If you can earn in TDM all credit to the person. But i bet you, not many people who brag about nukes here , have actual skills to pull it off in TDM. Because in TDM they are not sitting ducks .

lunlunqq

i finally decided to switch ISP. i'm currently struggling to keep my k/d ratio 1.4. Fuck you verizon for giving me a sub-500k-ish service that comes and goes all the time (i'm paying for a 3M service). :mad: urrrrrgh all those games with only 1 or 2 bars of connection speed. when my new 15M service starts next wednesday, i'm gonna come back and murder bitches!!!!!!!!

todahawk

_Alkaline_ said:
So I'm making my first prestige trip (around 30 or something now) and until now I never really gave the Spas-12 much time...big mistake. Although nothing beats the 1887's, you don't get those till the last 3 levels so until then it's me and my Spas. Fantastic range for a shotty.

Yah, I had ignored the Spas until I started messing with the W2000 and put it as my back up weapon. Love it now and it teaches you to aim carefully. I use it with Marathon, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. Using a silencer on it too... small maps is tons of fun.

J-Rzez

Minamu said:

Wait, what was going on with this? I got into a match with people doing something weird with shields and machine guns last night. If there were no stationary machine gun, they were using lmgs, just going off into corners but I couldn't see what they were doing exactly.

Nelo Ice said:
everytime i try in tdm i usually catch fire too late and the game ends when im about to launch my gunner or while im in it

as for dom thats exactly why i protect the point so we dont get dominated and get stuck at one point and ok yes i want more time to get my nuke :lol

Yeah, you have to do it with your first streak. If you get killed once (unless its like the first kill of the round, then you might come back and get it anyway) then it's over, you gotta try next game.

J-Rzez said:
Wait, what was going on with this? I got into a match with people doing something weird with shields and machine guns last night. If there were no stationary machine gun, they were using lmgs, just going off into corners but I couldn't see what they were doing exactly.
J-Rzez said:
Huh. I thought that after you'd die that it would reset that

I know that when I used a shield, after soaking up about 400 xp worth of bullets, it then quickly deteriorated from +50xp per soak to +7,+6,+5,+4, etc until I was getting almost nothing (drew the attention of a harrier since I had no stingers at the time and my team was, shall we say, a little "slow". So I guess maybe you could get a to9n of xp from one game, but I doubt it is 150k like said above (although maybe in a long objective game, I guess)

It does reset, so if they got themselves killed every once in a while I guess it would work. Pretty dumbd glitch if you have to die for it though, that fucks up ratios.

Nelo Ice said:
what about the striker? i like it since it has a huge clip and theres no pump like the spas

Gets me loads of kills on terminal, love sneaking into the bookshop and blowing peoples heads off with it as they run past.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Pyke Presco said:
Yeah, you have to do it with your first streak. If you get killed once (unless its like the first kill of the round, then you might come back and get it anyway) then it's over, you gotta try next game.

its exactly why i prefer doing it in objective cuz i get enough time to get it
also i wanna get it done with now so i dont have to worry about it when i prestige cuz i kno id start trying to nuke again if i dont get the emblem now :lol

X26

Banned
I don't even bother playing domination because of the countless tards who camp for nukes. No one gets a nuke playing domination unless they camp and don't go for objectives, it's pathetic and honestly no one is impressed by your e-peen

J-Rzez

Pyke Presco said:
I know that when I used a shield, after soaking up about 400 xp worth of bullets, it then quickly deteriorated from +50xp per soak to +7,+6,+5,+4, etc until I was getting almost nothing (drew the attention of a harrier since I had no stingers at the time and my team was, shall we say, a little "slow". So I guess maybe you could get a to9n of xp from one game, but I doubt it is 150k like said above (although maybe in a long objective game, I guess)

beast786

J-Rzez said:

The video is in youtube. You can actually get that many points. But ofcourse you need help with other person. It doesnt me because atleast it doesnt effect the gameplay.

Biff

We should start a Modern Warfare 2 blacklist thread for anyone you run across glitching online. I highly doubt anything will come of it, but at least there'll be some shame out there for glitchers. There may even be some glitchers amongst us <.< >.>

PS3:
KILLJOY_22
Xx-Dj-RU551A-Xx
playaslaya29

Just copy, paste and add any glitching dickheads you met online at the bottom.

Played Domination on Afghan and got a precision air strike in a care package. Called it in on top of C, because I knew that's what they all were trying to capture. Got at least 7 kills with it. Crazy.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Nelo Ice said:
its exactly why i prefer doing it in objective cuz i get enough time to get it
also i wanna get it done with now so i dont have to worry about it when i prestige cuz i kno id start trying to nuke again if i dont get the emblem now :lol

I get that your having fun.
But honestly your a shining example why The killstreak system in this game has ruined Objective game modes.
I mean your not alone a shit ton of people are playing TeamDM on objective games modes purely due to the fact there is enough time to rack up the streak. Add in all cheaters and exploiters and its really hard to find a match that isn't being ruined by some people(aka not pursing the primary goal of the mode).

I think the "everything and the kitchen sink" design of game with perks/weapon combos/streak rewards,is just to much of a good thing, that is to easily abused.

azureowl

T_T nooooo!!! I almost got a nuke in free for all (wow, considering the winning point is 30) I was at a ks of 24 when I woke up from my chopper gunner on favela and the next thing I know some militia guy is standing in front of my face... my normal reaction after using a ks is to get into crouch and start sneaking around... he has a shotgun and I think my movement set him off the end result was my death but I ended up winning 1500-400

StylusX

ChefRamsay said:
We should start a Modern Warfare 2 blacklist thread for anyone you run across glitching online. I highly doubt anything will come of it, but at least there'll be some shame out there for glitchers. There may even be some glitchers amongst us <.< >.>

PS3:
KILLJOY_22
Xx-Dj-RU551A-Xx
playaslaya29

Just copy, paste and add any glitching dickheads you met online at the bottom.

An appropriate name by the sound of it.

Lionheart1827 said:
There is a one of those platforms down there at the end that you can climb up on. i never knew this until you showed me that map. I just tried in private match.

Ok, I just tried it out myself and you're right. It looks pretty crazy though and the one time I caught the dude, he was leaning on the railing.

I also tried the roof access in Highrise and think it's a legitimate part of the map. Every stepping stone is too conveniently placed for it to be a glitch. What do you guys think?

Tkawsome said:
Ok, I just tried it out myself and you're right. It looks pretty crazy though and the one time I caught the dude, he was leaning on the railing.

I also tried the roof access in Highrise and think it's a legitimate part of the map. Every stepping stone is too conveniently placed for it to be a glitch. What do you guys think?

I think its legit, its a pain to get up there, I picked off tons of people yesterday trying to get up there as they are so obvious.

Cold Blooded Pro against sentry guns is the greatest. Last night this guy set one up and then stood behind it with his back to a corner thinking he was safe. I just started running up and he didn't shoot me I guess because he assumed the sentry gun would do it but of course, with that perk, it doesn't see me so I shot him and stabbed his gun.

Cold Blooded has to be by far the best perk out of all of them IMO. It has so many uses.

Have any of you tried the Javelin glitch with the RPG? When the person holding the RPG is killed, the missile just floats over where said person was killed. It's one of the more hilarious things I've ever seen.:lol

Dax01 said:
Have any of you tried the Javelin glitch with the RPG? When the person holding the RPG is killed, the missile just floats over where said person was killed. It's one of the more hilarious things I've ever seen.:lol

What if someone walks into it? I can kinda guess what will happen

careful

OldJadedGamer said:
Cold Blooded Pro against sentry guns is the greatest. Last night this guy set one up and then stood behind it with his back to a corner thinking he was safe. I just started running up and he didn't shoot me I guess because he assumed the sentry gun would do it but of course, with that perk, it doesn't see me so I shot him and stabbed his gun.

Cold Blooded has to be by far the best perk out of all of them IMO. It has so many uses.
You said you played mostly HC though. In 30 health mode, Stopping Power is redundant since a lot of the weapons deal a minimum damage of 30, so essentially almost everything is a 1 hit kill (or 2 hit max). In regular 100 health mode, swapping out that stopping power can really gimp you in 1 on 1 face offs.

I keep Cold Blooded Pro for my Anti Air class and my Ninja/Flanking class, but my main 'killing' classes all have Stopping Power.

careful said:
You said you played mostly HC though. In 30 health mode, Stopping Power is redundant since a lot of the weapons deal a minimum damage of 30, so essentially almost everything is a 1 hit kill (or 2 hit max). In regular 100 health mode, swapping out that stopping power can really gimp you in 1 on 1 face offs.

I keep Cold Blooded Pro for my Anti Air class and my Ninja/Flanking class, but my main 'killing' classes all have Stopping Power.

True, I have one regular TDM class and that does have Stopping Power on it. In hardcore, you simply can't take Cold Blooded off. Funny, I got so used to it being on that I make stupid mistakes in regular TDM... like walking up to sentry guns and having them shoot me because I forgot I don't have cold blooded.

Stillmatic said:
Thank you IW for listening and releasing the matchmaking update. Matchmaking is a lot better now.

Noticed last night all the games I was put into I either had 4 or 5 bars, no laggy rubbish games what so ever, it also found games much faster so thanks IW!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
What's everyones loadouts now that we've been playing the game for a while?

Mine:

FAMAS + Holographic
SPAS12 + Grip

Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Commando Pro

And yeah, without stopping power I feel so weak :lol
It's so great with the FAMAS

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
K2Valor said:

I tried switching to the M16 for a while but, I still prefer my Scar-H :D. I really can't wait to start rocking the ACR.

Scar-H
Striker or Stinger

-Bling Pro
-HBS
-Silencer
-Cold Blooded-Pro
-Ninja-Pro

It takes a while to drop people but, at least I can be stealthy about it.

I'm not one of the MLG crowd, but I would consider myself a "competitive" gamer. I don't spend my whole life online, but when I play a game, I expect to do well, I want to win, and I do my damnedest to perform well myself, and I usually do. And with that said I'd like to join the official 1887 and Commando complaint club. The range on the dual 1887's is far too long. And the extra melee distance that Command grants is cheap, and overpowered, and coupled with Marathon, it's even worse. I just spent about 5 games in a room with a bunch of people just sprinting around in Ghillie suits, knifing people, and a few guys rocking dual 1887's, and the room was the least enjoyable room I've played in Modern Warfare 2 in a while. Not only are both 1887's and Commando cheap, overpowered, and unbalanced, they take fun away from the game. 1887's feel more like something that belong in Halo (Which I love), but the two gameplay styles don't mix together in the same game.

Pankaks said:
I tried switching to the M16 for a while but, I still prefer my Scar-H :D. I really can't wait to start rocking the ACR.

Scar-H
Striker or Stinger

-Bling Pro
-HBS
-Silencer
-Cold Blooded-Pro
-Ninja-Pro

It takes a while to drop people but, at least I can be stealthy about it.

ACR is great for accuracy but its definetly lacking in the power department, can take a whole clip to down someone...

UFRA

Stillmatic said:
Thank you IW for listening and releasing the matchmaking update. Matchmaking is a lot better now.

Dunno if this has been announced/noticed/whatever yet, but on the PS3 version I see now that when you search for a game, it use to say searching for game 100ms ping, now it STARTS to search for a game with 50ms ping first, if that fails, then it goes to 60ms, and so on. Seeing players with either only 3 or 4 green bars is quite a nice sight compared to 3 guys with green bars, and the rest with yellow and red lol.

Tube: Whatever low level rifle I'm working on with launcher, Thumper, Claymore, Smoke, Scavenger, Danger Close, Ninja

Runner: P90 silenced, USP45 w/tac knife or akimboed 1887s, Throwing Knife, Smoke, Marathon, Lightweightm Commando/Steady Aim (depending on secondary)

LMG: AUG/RPD w/grip, Stinger, Claymore, Smoke, Scavenger, Stopping Power, Commando

Sniper: M21 w/FMJ (yes, actually by choice, not trying for bullet penetration or nothing), akimboed glocks, Scavenger, Stopping Power, Steady Aim

SMG: Silenced P90, akimboed glocks, Claymore, Smoke, Scavenger, Stopping Power, Commando

M16:M16 silenced, one man army, Tac Insertion, Smoke, One Man Army, Stopping Power, Ninja (this is my nuke class)

Exception: on Highrise, I try to get up top. My snipe class swaps claymore for tac insert, and scavenger for OMA. My SMG class swaps stopping power for cold blooded, scavenger for OMA and claymores for tac insert. Switch to SMG class when enemy air support is around, then once it dies I switch back to M16/sniper. I use M16 when they're in the building I'm on top of, snipe when they're in the opposite building.

Also, all classes get changed at pretty much all times when I'm leveling new stuff. It's more important for me to level guns and level up than to go really positive each round.

Streaks depend on the map. They are usually Predator, Harrier, Chopper Gunner, with the following exceptions.
Highrise is Predator, Attack Chopper, Chopper Gunner
Skidrow, Karachi is Predator, Harrier, Pavelow
Favela is UAV, Harrier, Pavelow.
Wasteland, Rundown is Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke.
Derail I use Predator, Harrier, EAD.

Objective games I usually switch to Care Package, Sentry, EAD.

It boggles my mind how everybody has one set up and thats it. My guns used change depending on map, as do my streaks. I will also switch classes when necessary to take out air support. When I hear air support go up (that isnt a UAV, as you can take those out with 8 burst from M16/8 shots from M21/ A clip plus change from a P90), I plant a claymore, walk in front of it, and shoot it so I switch to the LMG. Once its down, do the same thing and switch back to what I was doing before. Also, if my strategy isnt working for whatever reason this round, I change classes and try something else. The people who just use a RDS famas w/ stopping power all the time (or any other setup, that's just an example) and then do bad b/c the other team is all blitzing or they suck at the map blows my mind. Do something else for fucks sake, your strategy isnt working.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Nelo Ice said:
what about the striker? i like it since it has a huge clip and theres no pump like the spas
I love the striker... I use it with a silencer/grip on one of my stealth classes with bling pro. It still has enough power to be a one-hit kill up close, but it can be deadly at mid-range because of the rate of fire and ammo capacity. The reload is slow, but it's no problem if you play it safe.

Ramirez

I've been using nothing but the ACR with a silencer recently and I've seen my K/D rise about .20 points.

All I play is Sabotage though...

Az

I am getting a bit frustrated with the MP now. Just played Afghan and some dude was in a rock way on top of the map and another was close to C. Other games people were using the javelin glitch all over the place, even my team mates. You having 33 kills and 30 deaths does not make you a good player and does not help us out. Rather have 12 kills and 6 deaths.

Had about 7 nukes, mostly playing Ground War TDM. Got old, so swapped the nuke with the care package. Is it just me or do the care packages give out more ammo than they used to?

Mileena

Banned
K2Valor said:

Mine:

FAMAS + Holographic
SPAS12 + Grip

Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Commando Pro

And yeah, without stopping power I feel so weak :lol
It's so great with the FAMAS
UMP holographic
1887 akimbo (just got 67 prestige last night so I'm ready to whore the fuck out of these again)

Marathon
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Minamu

Brannon said:
It would be hilarious if a video were posted of a shield phalanx of seven being bombarded by eight LMG users (need one guy to walk around and watch)
The video I saw mentioned getting 12 boosters together & gave instructions on how to set up such a lobby. Looked like it was the shield guy who got exp when shot at.

J-Rzez said:
Well either that or they were simply trying to level up those shields (bullet deflection or sponge). You could basically go afk in front of a sentry gun to level up the shield (for exp & titles).

Neverfade

beast786 said:
I am pretty sure he didnt get his 25 kills using his gun :lol . Its hard to flank a Harrier, AC130 and Gunner helicopter.

Killstreak are huge advantge in some Team /time games. Because it forces you to come out in open.

Again. I am done with this. If you seriously dont see an issue where you are spoiling the game for your team and other than again, good for you.
What does it matter if the kills came from his gun or streaks? Flank him or flash him and kill him.

Otherwise,
dealwithit.gif

protonion

Just checked the ps3 leaderboards. There are people with a few centuries playtime and billions exp. What's up with that?
Crazy stats in the other categories too.

Top Bottom