• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Mileena

Banned
CloakedPuppet said:
sour grapes ?
Just sick of people camping like crazy in search just because they can look at their little chode sensor and get easy kills.

...and no, I'm stopping power for life so don't tell me to use cold blooded.

Cohsae

corkscrewblow said:
I used to think like this, but after going to Cold Blooded I'm never going back. Stopping Power will help you out occasionally, letting you get a kill when you would have just missed it, but 90% of the time you probably would have gotten the kill anyway without Stopping Power. Cold Blooded on the other hand is so useful all of the time.

corkscrewblow said:
Just sick of people camping like crazy in search just because they can look at their little chode sensor and get easy kills.

Fair 'nuff. I never camp with heartbeat sensor. If anything, it keeps me moving more than I normaily would.

I hate campers as well.

Yea I'm in love with my HBS. I love it so much I wanna take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.

Also Cold Blooded still show up on it. Ninja makes it so you don't. You'd have to give up awesome stuff like Steady Aim or Commando Pro to get Ninja.

Eric WK

corkscrewblow said:

Uh, Cold Blooded does nothing in regards to the HBS. You should be using Ninja. I don't know why you wouldn't be using it in Search anyway.

Mileena

Banned
Eric WK said:
Uh, Cold Blooded does nothing in regards to the HBS. You should be using Ninja. I don't know why you wouldn't be using it in Search anyway.
steady aim > all for me. I use hipfire just as much as I use ADS.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I'm in love with my HBS. I love it so much I wanna take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.

:lol. Sometimes I feel as though I'm relying too much on it.

Also, Trying to decide between a silencer, red dot, and HBS is so hard :(.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Patch 1.06 still isn't out on PS3. Shit is fucking lame. Having to resort (since Sony isn't doing SHIT) to using the Javglitch yourself to play HQ and win. So fucking stupid.

And now there is apparently a Leaderboard Hack for those that give a shit about Leaderboards (I don't).

Patch 1.07 in bound?

At last I got my "Hello! It's Personal" and "S.O.A.P." emblem/callsign from the stupid idiots trying to rush me to knife me while in Javalin glitch mode. Now, if I could knife kill while blind one... :lol

careful

RavenFox said:
Just finished reporting a semtex/javelin cheater. I hope Sony sends that fuckers account to hell.
How do you report them on PS3? Came across one of those annoying dipshits tonight.

Also, I had a 30 kill streak earlier without having Nuke equipped. FML

Pankaks said:
:lol. Sometimes I feel as though I'm relying too much on it.

Also, Trying to decide between a silencer, red dot, and HBS is so hard :(.

That slot 1 is actually the toughest for me. I'm using stopping power / steady aim 90% of the time in slot 2 and 3. But at 1, it's either bling with suppressor and HBS, or sleight of hand pro for the faster ADS (love this), or scavenger so I don't run out of ammo for the long kill streaks. Really tough call between those three.

Yeef

ChefRamsay said:
Whoever thought of the vanishing missile when you die is pretty stupid.
I'm pretty sure it works just like claymores and all other equipment (vanishes when you respawn). There have been a few times where I shot something down, got killed and waited for the killcam during which the target exploded and I got my points.

Commando Pro is very useful on some levels, but at the same time it kind of screwed me up. When I was in the early 20s I was using the Knife Runner class and being able to jump off of high places was great for flanking people, but I became too accustomed to it and them when I was playing classes without Commando I'd jump off of high places to try and flank people and either die from the fall or be so low on health that when I did get to the enemy I'd die instantly.

dogknight

How to create a one shot kill sniper class? It always takes two shots when I am using a silencer, with or without stopping power. Even if i remove the silencer, there is no guarantee I can kill an enemy with one single bullet.

Mileena

Banned
dogknight said:
How to create a one shot kill sniper class?
You can't unless you like hardcore (I don't)
One of the biggest damn mistakes IW made in MW2, at least have the damn Intervention be a one hit kill every time.

Fëanor

So, what's the concensus with the Akimbo 1887's? I have to say, they are so fucking ridiculous, but I love them so much!:lol I swear, they are like my backup AR if I run out of ammo, decent rage and ridiculous spread. Just as good at the M1014, but with more spread and ammo!:lol

Violater said:
Akimbo?
fuck you IW
most unbalanced fucking bullshit.
/drunken rant
I agree. I was watching one of my house mates buddies doing it and he was like "man, I am totally owning these noobs". I said, "yeah, if two shotguns that had the firepower like that, the minimum recoil, and could run forever, I could single handidly take over China, Russia and most of Western Europe".

/Totally sober rant

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Saw my first javelin glitcher tonight, but he only did it twice at the start of the game and then either left or got disconnected... I still reported him.

Yeef said:
Commando Pro is very useful on some levels, but at the same time it kind of screwed me up. When I was in the early 20s I was using the Knife Runner class and being able to jump off of high places was great for flanking people, but I became too accustomed to it and them when I was playing classes without Commando I'd jump off of high places to try and flank people and either die from the fall or be so low on health that when I did get to the enemy I'd die instantly.

very true. dudes using knife classes (admittedly me once in a while) are in for a rude awakening for at least a few matches before they become reaccustomed to the stabbing-length.

todahawk

vatstep said:
Saw my first javelin glitcher tonight, but he only did it twice at the start of the game and then either left or got disconnected... I still reported him.

My first match of DOM earlier today had most of the fucking other team doing it. 3 - 4 at least. The lovely matchmaking dumped me in to the game late (they were destroying the other/my team) and I hung back with my ACOG M4, picking them off as they ran to CPs. Got to the lobby and told them what I thought of them before leaving. Horrible.

I was so pissed I didn't think to snag account names for reporting. I've bookmarked the URL and will be doing it for any others and for the racial/homophobe crap I'm tired of hearing.

careful

They should consider making the EMP burst last until the end of the match. The way it is now, it's not worth using a kill streak perk for it.

careful said:
They should consider making the EMP burst last until the end of the match. The way it is now, it's not worth using a kill streak perk for it.

That would be pretty awesome, but that poses the issue: would it be fair for the other team to not have access to killstreaks for the rest of the game?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AnEternalEnigma said:
That would be pretty awesome, but that poses the issue: would it be fair for the other team to not have access to killstreaks for the rest of the game?

They should boost it to where EMP knocks out everyone. Your team and the enemies shit.

That's the whole point of an EMP. It knocks out EVERYTHING.

KaYotiX

Banned
I also got nuke 10 today so i get the flashy emblem, now to get 76 more headshots with the Famas to get my gold Famas badge/icon. then prestige.

TheSeks said:
They should boost it to where EMP knocks out everyone. Your team and the enemies shit.

That's the whole point of an EMP. It knocks out EVERYTHING.

I would love that, but you can bet that would piss someone off if a teammate was like 21-0 and was going for a nuke.

Reave

I'm probably the only one that'll say this, but I enjoyed WaW's multiplayer way more than MW2. Better maps, and not as much clutter with killstreaks/perks.

NeoUltima

Magik said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Fëanor said:
So, what's the concensus with the Akimbo 1887's? I have to say, they are so fucking ridiculous, but I love them so much!:lol I swear, they are like my backup AR if I run out of ammo, decent rage and ridiculous spread. Just as good at the M1014, but with more spread and ammo!:lol
I imagine that I'm Clint Eastwood when I use them.

beast786

TheSeks said:
Patch 1.06 still isn't out on PS3. Shit is fucking lame. Having to resort (since Sony isn't doing SHIT) to using the Javglitch yourself to play HQ and win. So fucking stupid.

And now there is apparently a Leaderboard Hack for those that give a shit about Leaderboards (I don't).

Patch 1.07 in bound? .

I am not sure what sony has to do with game developed by IW. But i did see the crap about leader board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9oepIWmZk -----> :/

azureowl

So... Maybe I should take a break from multiplayer. I tried the super duper care package speed thing a few times for kicks, giggles, and insight to see how I should set my mouse sensitivity for that. On another note, I got called a hacker by 3 different choobs in the same round, to make this all the more funnier was my friend was doing it the whole game and yet its my name popping up :lol .

Now that I'm doing the Model 1887 challenges I'm getting flamed still but I'm trying to figure out which setup gets me flamed more... Marathon, lightweight, and steady aim or Riot shield + sleight of hand, stopping power, and steady aim (feels... so... slow). Also got called an aimbotter for wreaking havoc with the second setup with a group of friends on a domination match in terminal with us going 200-67.

PS. I find it really strange, that even when a person is in front of you, the knife takes priority when you're in the motion and recovery for bashing with the riot shield =/

Nelo Ice

Banned
just got my most epic nuke yet
went 62-9 on invasion hq

they were at 195 and were seconds away from winning before my team blocked em so that bought me enough time with 6 minutes left to call in my harrier whose airstrike got me my chopper gunner and end of story i nuked :D

Top Bottom