• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Fëanor

Mad Max said:
They just missed, the 1887's are always a one hit kill (with or without stopping power) at smg like range. And the striker is better then the aa-12 btw. :p

If the AA-12 was given its real range it would destroy anyone and anything.

J-Rzez

Fëanor said:
If the AA-12 was given its real range it would destroy anyone and anything.

IF it were firing slugs perhaps. And also, if you didn't notice, this game doesn't exactly revolve around real weapon ballistics. IW just makes it all up, hence it's even more arcade likeness this time around than before.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
What the fuck is with the javelins overrunning the game? How do people use them as suicide bombs? They can still get the javelin off after they die :S

NYR

ProudClod said:
What the fuck is with the javelins overrunning the game? How do people use them as suicide bombs? They can still get the javelin off after they die :S
It's called the Javelin Glitch. Google it. It will be fixed soon, maybe in a couple of days.

NYR said:
It's called the Javelin Glitch. Google it. It will be fixed soon, maybe in a couple of days.
Is it not already? I saw a few people carring them tonight, with them going off as they die, and the people around them (usually right up close) were fine.

I experienced a lot of bad connections tonight though. I've had to stop because it was annoying me so much. I'm assuming I was playing Americans.

Help me!

I'm getting my ass totally handed to me every time I play on Rundown. I have my ups and downs in the game in general, but that map always destroys me. Any pro tips for keeping a decent ratio (K/D and W/L) on that map?

I think I may stop playing the multiplayer soon. I've realized after playing both CoD4 and MW2 that the main draw of the multiplayer is the weapons/perks/killstreaks you unlock along the way. The actual gameplay of the MP may not be enough to keep me playing for much longer.

Cobra84

Dax01 said:
I think I may stop playing the multiplayer soon. I've realized after playing both CoD4 and MW2 that the main draw of the multiplayer for is the weapons/perks/killstreaks you unlock along the way. The actual gameplay of the MP may not be enough to keep me playing for much longer.

I hit level 30 and got bored afterward because I wouldn't use most of the later unlockables. The glitching, cheating, boosting, camping, poor balance, and bad maps also make me want to quit.

moai

i'm going to stop playing this game until they fix the javelin glitch. can't understand how people could find playing that way "fun". guess there's a lot of idiots out there.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Dax01 said:
I think I may stop playing the multiplayer soon. I've realized after playing both CoD4 and MW2 that the main draw of the multiplayer is the weapons/perks/killstreaks you unlock along the way. The actual gameplay of the MP may not be enough to keep me playing for much longer.
I suppose this is the reason some people prestige — to relive that "thrill" of unlocking things. Otherwise, I don't think the rewards are great enough to continuously lose some of the better, high-level unlocks.

J-Rzez

Shurs said:
360? For real? I dunno why, but I thought you'd be playing on PS3.

Last time I bought both console versions. I learned my lesson really fast with IW. Them not showing off the PS3 version at all of MW2 pre-launch threw up the red flags as well. Unfortunately, it didn't matter which version you bought as their game itself is riddled with glitches, bugs, and the sort though. :D

More of my RL friends bought it on 360 due to last time as well, and it didn't seem as many of the PS3 Gaffers I game with were getting it, so I went 360.

moai said:
i'm going to stop playing this game until they fix the javelin glitch.

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be fixed for the low price of 200 points.

But yeah, that glitch is one of the worst I ever encountered in a game since the "jokers" using code breaker in SOCOM 1. Those punks using it, along with me just trying to level up as fast as I can before Jan, killed my ambition for a solid K/D ratio.

MickeyPhree

After 30 hours of playtime I finally have found a combo that I like.

L86 LSW with Grip and Red Dot Sight, Javelin, Claymore, Stun Grenades, with Bling Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and Ninja Pro.

I finally got my K/D over 1 using this combo. 3057/3016...go me!

Decided to camp on a rooftop in estate.. went 28-5 o_O. something need to be done about this game, there is to much incentive to me & other campers to stay and camp. fortunely I get bored of camping really quickly. *rollseyes*

Ganhyun

I played some good games earlier.

Got a nuke on rundown with the following layout:

m4 with acog
m5 pistol with tactical knife
semtex
2 flashbangs

perks:

scavenger
hardline
steady aim

killstreak rewards:

pavelow
chopper gunner
nuke

map: rundown.

The details:

Started on the grassy side. Ran towards the wooden bring. Threw my semtex. Boom, 2 dead. Ducked down behind the wooden building on the left. got 2 more running to our side (might have been the same 2). I run to the building on the other side (their spawnside) and get the guy trying to snipe. I run down and around their spawn area slowly, watching for enemies. I see 3 of them run into the middle building and since I have scavenger, I've got another semtex. Toss the semtex in that building. I stick one of them and he runs into his teammates and gives me a triple kill.
I'm at 8-0 now and with hardline I have my pavelow. I call it in. It immediantly pays dividends and kills 3 of them in the open together.

11-0 now and I have my chopper gunner. Cant call it in until my pavelow is gone. I kill 2 guys trying to come back into the middle building to get to 13-0. The pavelow kills 5 more!!(seriously none of them even tried to shoot it down)

I'm at 18-0 and my pavelow is leaving. By now I have a teammate asking me if I have the nuke equipped. I run out the building back to our priginal spawn and camp in the tall grass to hide in an out of the way spot. I call in the chopper gunner. I then proceed to get 7 kills and get to 25-0. I guess someone on the other team left and a guy with a stinger had joined as he shot down my chopper gunner. I then called in the nuke and ran to my teammates laughing. end of the match: 31-1.

Only nuke I got but from then on I averaged 30-40 kills a game. Oh, and this was team deathmatch btw.

after a few games a bunch of guys who were in a party together and were on the other team consistently quit out. I had the GAF tag on, and some of them must lurk/post here because one of them said to post on GAF more and stop playing Modern Warfare 2 so he could enjoy the game :lol

After never having seen a nuke in 5.5 days of play, in the last 5 hours I've gotten 3 because I just keep getting matched with a room full of uncommunicative scrubs. I almost feel sorry for them...

Ten-Song

NYR said:

Ha, fat chance. Infinity Ward plus Microsoft certification of said patch, means we'll be lucky to see the javelin glitch fixed some time after January, I imagine.

Accident

Ten-Song said:
Ha, fat chance. Infinity Ward plus Microsoft certification of said patch, means we'll be lucky to see the javelin glitch fixed some time after January, I imagine.

It's already in certification, i guess we'll get it on monday or tuesday.

minx

My K/D ratio has slowly been going down after I didn't play a full week during thanksgiving. However, it just so happens that is when the Javelin glitch was found, it really fucks up my kill streaks. I have gone from 1.63 to 1.56

They really need to fix that shit

NeoUltima

minx88 said:
My K/D ratio has slowly been going down after I didn't play a full week during thanksgiving. However, it just so happens that is when the Javelin glitch was found, it really fucks up my kill streaks. I have gone from 1.63 to 1.56

They really need to fix that shit
Same...Also doesn't help that I have been messing around a lot. Running around with akimbo Uzis is fun.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So Panda and I have been working our way through the spec-ops on the PC version and it's been a lot of fun. However, we both seem to hate the missions with Juggernauts. They feel so unfair on Veteran. Are we the only ones who hate them?

I really hope there is more Spec-ops through DLC and I really hope they leave out the Jugs.

Mileena

Banned
Ganhyun said:
I think someone in earlier in the thread posted that it fixes some matchmaking issues.
Would be nice for a fix on 360. Matchmaking with people in your party is absolutely HORRENDOUS.

Stallion Free said:
So Panda and I have been working our way through the spec-ops on the PC version and it's been a lot of fun. However, we both seem to hate the missions with Juggernauts. They feel so unfair on Veteran. Are we the only ones who hate them?

I really hope there is more Spec-ops through DLC and I really hope they leave out the Jugs.

They sure are a bitch but doable. I beat that level in Favela with the 10 juggernauts on veteran by myself. It was pretty fun to be honest.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
salva said:
They sure are a bitch but doable. I beat that level in Favela with the 10 juggernauts on veteran by myself. It was pretty fun to be honest.

God I think we have failed that one more than all the others put together (at least 20 times). It only took us two tries to finish Wardriving in comparison.

Ganhyun

Shurs said:
Oh wait, it's their PSN Tag. Never mind, it's par for the course with the names I've seen today.

Oh..

I know on XBOX live that would get removed/forced changed pretty quick. I'd report it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
God damn the M16 is still fucking amazing.

TacticalFox88 said:
Holy fuck, one of the top guys on the leaderboards on the PS3 version has a 101.4 K/D Ratio. o_O WTF are these guys on?
They're obviously cheating and/or boosting with their friends which is technically cheating. Nobody is that good legitimately.

Cohsae

Waiting for party leader...
Unable to connect to host.
Game lobby closed.

GOTF?

Minamu

Does anyone wanna boost marathon/lightweight in cage match? :) At this point, I just wanna get it over with... 114 miles to go :lol GT: Minamu; GMT+1

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
God damn just got Tactical Knife earlier and testing out now. So much better with the speed/knife class :lol I can actually get some nice killstreaks now

Minamu said:
Does anyone wanna boost marathon/lightweight in cage match? :) At this point, I just wanna get it over with... 114 miles to go :lol GT: Minamu; GMT+1

Do you get sick emblems and callsigns going that far or just more exp?

Minamu

xxjuicesxx said:
Do you get sick emblems and callsigns going that far or just more exp?
You get the specific perk emblem when you reach challenge lvl 6, which means sprinting 250 miles with lightweight ("only" 104 miles with marathon). Quite possibly a title too. And the 10k exp at the higher levels. I don't really enjoy it, I'm just crazy this way :)

DuckRacer

Geez, assault rifle w/ grenade launcher + thumper + scavenger + danger close is a ridiculously powerful (and cheap) combo. I feel sorry for everyone on the enemy team :/

Rayme

ismaboof said:
Patch was released for PS3 version (1.05). Anyone one know what it did?
PS3 1.05 is mainly matchmaking improvements. 1.06 fixes a bunch of exploits (including the Javelin glitch).

Top Bottom