• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

protonion said:
Just checked the ps3 leaderboards. There are people with a few centuries playtime and billions exp. What's up with that?
Crazy stats in the other categories too.
I'm guessing its leaderboard 'hackers' and abusers that have found a way to screw up every leaderboard for several hundred entries.

ChefRamsay said:
We should start a Modern Warfare 2 blacklist thread for anyone you run across glitching online. I highly doubt anything will come of it, but at least there'll be some shame out there for glitchers. There may even be some glitchers amongst us <.< >.>

PS3:
KILLJOY_22
Xx-Dj-RU551A-Xx
playaslaya29
DiZzEe-_-T
dEmEnTeD-DaZzA1

These 2 little 8 year old kid feckers were rock glitching on Afghan, they got me once and I saw what they were doing and didn't go near them again, then mr dizz got bored of no one going past came out of the rock and was promptly gunned down losing their team the game with his glitching mate crying about why did he leave there special space...

jiien

CitizenCope said:
Just got back to playing online after a week as I let a friend borrow the game.
I come back to:
"Enemy helicpoter"
"Enemy harrier incoming"
"Enemy has jammed our radar"
"Enemy helicopter"
I guess this is the care package glitch I've read about. Ran into it every other game last night. Fun times.
If I knew there was still a community for COD3's mp I would go back to that.

Just want to put this out there, and I'm not necessarily saying you are wrong with your judgement in that situation, but I've had games where I swear if I was on the other team, I would have thought we were glitching. Sometimes, you just get crazy ass kills, and care packages can rack up really, really quickly. If I playing with a bunch of friends, and we all have the Care Package killstreak on, they literally are raining down.

There are times when I -think- someone on the other team is glitching, but it is really, really hard to be sure (which makes it such a "crappy for us, but -good-" glitch). I mean, maybe I'm just buttsore that my team is getting its ass handed to it, you know?

In short, there has never been a game where I'm 100% sure they were Care Package glitching. Maybe they're just so good at it that they make it seem realistic, but in every single game where I at one point questioned the legit-ness of their Care Packages, my team ended up winning, so I figured they weren't in the end.

I just think this is one of the harder glitches to identify, unfortunately. So what's the status of 1.06? Is it up yet? I'm not home right now, and can't play :(

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I just played a Sabotage game where the opposing team just took the bomb and hid inside a build the entire time, they had it guarded very well (there's only like 2 entrances, Underpass) so my team was basically fucked. It was like 20 minutes of just killing. So boring.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Can anybody else not unhear OpFor grunts screaming "Fuckable Heather" every ten seconds or so?

Omg, fuck you guys :lol.

Now I can't stop hearing:

"BAMBI!"

"TEN INCH STOUZINA"

etc.

ismaboof

Message to teammates everywhere:

If I'm in cover behind a small rock/car, please don't try to cozy up next to me. They can see you, and thus see me.

Please don't walk in front of me when I'm shooting an enemy. He'll kill you and since I've shooting into the back of your head, I'll die once you drop.

If we're playing any game mode other than DM/TDM, please try to play the game you signed up for. I'm tired of being the only one trying to capture the flag, or capture of point, while you just sit and camp and get five kills the entire the round.

Thank you.

I agree with Jieen. Just the other night I got 3 Emergency Air Drops in one game of TDM. Thats 12 crates, not to mention the other 3 from the regular Air Drop, for a grand total of 15 crates dropped by me alone. Just because you get raped by choppers/etc in TDM doesn't mean someone is glitching.
That javelin glitch is getting fucking annoying though, spent every few matches reporting the shit out of kids last night, and gave them a few choice words with the help of my 40 oz of King Cobra.

ismaboof said:
Message to teammates everywhere:

If I'm in cover behind a small rock/car, please don't try to cozy up next to me. They can see you, and thus see me.

Please don't walk in front of me when I'm shooting an enemy. He'll kill you and since I've shooting into the back of your head, I'll die once you drop.

If we're playing any game mode other than DM/TDM, please try to play the game you signed up for. I'm tired of being the only one trying to capture the flag, or capture of point, while you just sit and camp and get five kills the entire the round.

Thank you.

So true, but you left one out.

When I'm standing next to you with cold blooded on and all of the sudden a Predator pops up on radar/incoming msg screams at us, don't run the same way as me. I'm trying to get the hell away from you.

It seems like I'm the only person on my team who realizes that people target groups when they have a Predator.

Smokey

So...does IW plan to do anything about the rampant boosting going on in RANKED FFA matches? Like...maybe not letting friends join FFA games. Oh wait, that makes too much sense.

sw33tclyde said:
I
So true, but you left one out.

When I'm standing next to you with cold blooded on and all of the sudden a Predator pops up on radar/incoming msg screams at us, don't run the same way as me. I'm trying to get the hell away from you.

It seems like I'm the only person on my team who realizes that people target groups when they have a Predator.

Someone did this to me about 30 minutes ago and I have to admit I went beserk

I'm starting to wonder why I bother with Javelin. It might be better than a Stinger for taking out armored aircraft but it's a bitch to use quickly.

Dark FaZe said:
I'm starting to wonder why I bother with Javelin. It might be better than a Stinger for taking out armored aircraft but it's a bitch to use quickly.

After seeing the youtube video of the Javelin missing the Harrier and hitting the gas tank next to its unfortunate user I laid down mine in favor of the Stinger.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
It's because killing people with the Javelin (the legitimate way) makes you feel like a total badass.

I've tried and tried, but I never seem to get a kill with it. Please sir, explain your ways so that I too might experience total badassery.

NYR

The more I play this game, the more I fear that Infinity Ward will NOT fix anything regarding the strength of weapons. I honestly believe they will not nerf the 1887's, nor will actually make gameplay more balanced. Have they ever had a history of doing this? It seems like SUCH an undertaking, I just don't think they'll do anything to actually tweak gameplay, just "patch" (bad word) the obvious problems...

Cohsae

NYR said:
The more I play this game, the more I fear that Infinity Ward will NOT fix anything regarding the strenght of weapons. I honestly believe they will not nerf the 1887's, nor will actually make gameplay more balanced. Have they ever had a history of doing this? It seems like SUCH an undertaking, I just don't think they'll do anything to actually tweak gameplay, just "patch" (bad word) the obvious problems...
Looking through the patch notes for CoD4 it seems they hardly changed anything unless it was an exploit.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
sw33tclyde said:
I've tried and tried, but I never seem to get a kill with it. Please sir, explain your ways so that I too might experience total badassery.
Depends on the map but if you shoot it at a critical battle area you can get a few kills. Ends of bridges on rundown, or up the tube-ramp thing in Quarry near all the explosive stuff. Also Scrapyard makes it easy just to shoot it to the other side of the map.

NYR

Case said:
So silencers weaken sniper rifle bullets?
yep, you need to hit them above the shoulders to get a one shot kill with a silencer. On other weapons, it lowers damage a bit, effects range a lot, but also lowers recoil.

Raxus

kyo_daikun said:
Someone did this to me about 30 minutes ago and I have to admit I went beserk
Cold blooded is an amazing perk but sometimes it is so frustrating to use especially the way the spawn system works. You sneak to take out some enemies and all of a sudden your teammates start spawning on top of you inadvertently giving away your position. Highrise is especially guilty of this. I often find myself running back between buildings to find them completely empty more often than not.

careful

Narag said:
CoD4 came with a bit more balance due to the beta though, correct?
Yeah I also think that COD4 was more balanced. But it also had less weapons / attachments / perks / kill streaks combinations.

If they don't want to mess around too much with the 87's range, they could make the reload / pump animation really slow (even with Sleight of Hand Pro). I'm sure it would discourage some people to use it if you could only get a shot off after a long animation.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
K2Valor said:
What's everyones loadouts now that we've been playing the game for a while?
Primarily using these three:

TAR + holographic
Stinger
Sleight of Hand Pro / Stopping Power Pro / Last Stand Pro

UMP + holographic
M9 (and tactical knife when I finally unlock it)
Marathon Pro / Lightweight Pro / Commando Pro

AUG + holographic + silencer
Striker + silencer + grip
Bling Pro / Cold-Blooded / Ninja Pro

All with semtex and flash grenades.

I used to only use one class in COD4, but I've gotten much better since I started using multiple class load-outs. I also try to use all different perks with each; it's just more fun.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Marathon + Lightweight is fucking hilarious. I have it set up with a SMG and a Shotgun and I'm just running across the map like I'm playing Unreal Tournament or something. It's so easy to get the drop on someone.

Also I played Rust last night on TDM for the first time. That map is far too small. I was just running about with a AA-12 just going crazy. We lost that game because one of the enemies brought in a AC-130 and the rest was history.

Odrion

Banned
^^^ Use Commando, it's much better than a shotgun.

My loadouts keep changing for the most part. But the main ones I use are

RPD w/ FMJ and Grip (I call this my "FUCK YOU GODDAMN HIDING MOTHERFUCKERS" class I enough this gun on Estate way too much.)
Magnum w/ FMJ
Bling
Stopping Power
Last Stand (Last Stand is awesome, I can usually take out whoever got me granted it's not from behind and then I off myself with a stun grenade so they don't even get the kill :lol.)

SCAR w/ SILENCER
Dual Magnums (grinding for Tactical Knife, plus it's pretty decent in a situation where you're up close and you need to reload.)
Scavenger
Stopping Power (who needs Cold Blooded for this build when you can just shoot the UAVs now?)
Steady Aim

then the fast little prick build, you know it and I don't need to tell you. :p

I've also been using an Explosive class so I can unlock the shotgun attachments, it's pretty wicked for Domination.

Gun w/ Grenade Launcher Attachment (just get your favorite non red dot rifle)
Thumper
Scavanger
Danger Close
Commando (VERY, VERY HELPFUL)

NYR said:
yep, you need to hit them above the shoulders to get a one shot kill with a silencer. On other weapons, it lowers damage a bit, effects range a lot, but also lowers recoil.
It only lowers the actual damage if the damage isn't affected by range (LMG and Sniper Rifles.)

And Wow, didn't see a single Javelin glitcher when I played for an hour today. Weird.

industrian

Odrion said:
^^^ Use Commando, it's much better than a shotgun.

Those shotgun challenges won't complete themselves. :/

I'm tempted to grind out the USP just to get the Tactical Knife and complete the Unholy Combo of Lightweight/Marathon/Commando.

industrian said:
Also I played Rust last night on TDM for the first time. That map is far too small. I was just running about with a AA-12 just going crazy. We lost that game because one of the enemies brought in a AC-130 and the rest was history.

Same, except it was Hardcore HQ on Rust, and god damn I've never wanted to thrash my 360 before last night. Why would they even have this on the playlist?!?! It was basically DM without a kill limit, with Chopper Gunners one after the other. They literally couldn't call them in fast enough, so fucking stupid. My k/d is around 1.36 or so and I went 20 and 60 or some awful shit, just spawning into grenades/noob tubes/CG bullets/etc until I finally rage quit(first time I've done this on MW2). So yeah fuck Rust, I absolutely hate that map. /rant

sw33tclyde said:
I use it like a portable airstrike and aim it at places where people are likely to show up when the missle lands. With Scavenger and Danger Close equipped the fun never ends! (not really. Other than the cool factor it is a pretty bad launcher)

Nelo Ice

Banned
industrian said:

I'm tempted to grind out the USP just to get the Tactical Knife and complete the Unholy Combo of Lightweight/Marathon/Commando.

do it! knife class is so much fun :lol

Odrion

Banned
Third Person makes Sniper Rifle (among other certain weapons) grinding so much easier. Oh man.
industrian said:

Yeah, it's pretty much like the Halo Sword. Except instead of a hard to reach weapon on a map you start out with it.

J-Rzez

Smokey said:
So...does IW plan to do anything about the rampant boosting going on in RANKED FFA matches? Like...maybe not letting friends join FFA games. Oh wait, that makes too much sense.

I've been asking, even in bold, to those IW people that randomly post here to the weirdest questions, but they ignore those important questions all the time. And it's not just friends doing that either. My buddy boosts, he was 10 levels in the 50's behind me, now after a few hours he's 67 and I'm 68. Such bullshit. But anyways, they'll get into lobbies, ask if people are boosting, and if they are he'll stay in there. Sucks. LOL.

Don't expect IW to do anything about it though, just like those idiots at the top of the leader boards. That one guy has a 1500 killstreak, absurd K/D, and is max level max prestige. IW doesn't punish cheaters.

Maybe we can email that guy from XBL that started banning those javelin scums. Maybe he'll do something about it since IW won't.

Alivor

OpFor yells"TANGO SUCKA" "SUCK A LITTLE HARDA"
Militia will yell "PARIS HILTON'S A BITCH"

Just listen, you will hear it.

Odrion

Banned
I'm getting heavy Blizzard vibes from IW on how they approach huge glaring balancing problems (ignoring them until they need to sell a game again.)

We're not going to see the 1887s (whatever they're called) balanced soon just like how IW didn't touch Martyrdom until they worked on MW2. Maybe they'll release a patch to balance things out for the next map pack or whatever.

Ten-Song

Odrion said:
I'm getting heavy Blizzard vibes from IW on how they approach huge glaring balancing problems (ignoring them until they need to sell a game again.)

Don't worry though, clearly the game is balanced to handle boosting types, because you can't use party chat in most of the play lists.

Oh, wait...

Odrion said:
We're not going to see the 1887s (whatever they're called) balanced soon just like how IW didn't touch Martyrdom until they worked on MW2. Maybe they'll release a patch to balance things out for the next map pack or whatever.

They really fucking need to though. That'll end up being what pushes me over the edge and makes me sell the game or keep it at this point. I don't want to play a game called MODERN warfare, where everyone is using a fucking gun that's over a century old.

It's Infinity Ward though, so I'll just assume anytime someone bitches about it, they'll pull another card out of Blizzard's playbook.

"WORKING AS INTENDED, LOL!"

tsigo

A few days ago a guy on the XBL leaderboards hit Prestige 10. I don't know if I should be impressed or feel sorry for him (or rather his friends who had to boost him).

J-Rzez

Odrion said:

Finally, I've been saying this forever. At least people are finally catching on. :D

Eric WK

tsigo said:
A few days ago a guy on the XBL leaderboards hit Prestige 10. I don't know if I should be impressed or feel sorry for him (or rather his friends who had to boost him).

There's a lot of people at Prestige 10. I don't know of any that didn't cheat/boost, though.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Ten-Song said:
Don't worry though, clearly the game is balanced to handle boosting types, because you can't use party chat in most of the play lists.

Oh, wait...

The best part about them not allowing party chat is that you can still be in a private chat.

Whilst this only allows 2 people, that's good enough for most things.

industrian

Nelo Ice said:
do it! knife class is so much fun :lol
Odrion said:
Yeah, it's pretty much like the Halo Sword. Except instead of a hard to reach weapon on a map you start out with it.

Does Commando increase the range of Riot Shield melee attacks? I've been using that combination (Lightweight/Marathon/Commando w/ Riot Shield and PP2000/AA-12) a lot and I'm wanting to know if I could just switch back to Ninja if it's not increasing my riot shield range.

Speaking of which, I wish I could marry the godamn riot shield. It's a lot of laughs. Suicide bombing tactics are awesome with it. A guy brought out his AT4 and I just rushed him. The blast took out me and him (and i think a few other guys nearby, not sure). Also on Terminal one guy did the "oh shit, riot shield! Better use some semtex!" tactic but didn't count on me just rushing him after. Seeing him backpedal in fear was awesome. I'm pretty sure I let out an "ALLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" whilst I was doing it too.

The best thing about the riot shield though is it's the perfect scouting tactic. You go into an area, see three guys and draw their fire. Your buddies just flank around and pick them off. This tactic works wonders in Invasion and Karachi.

Hyunkel6

Some guy ended up winning a ffa game with 30 kills/32 deaths by doing NOTHING but the javelin glitch. I would usually laugh, but I was in second place, and would have gotten an emblem/title if I was first. Please fix this shit asap, IW.

I played multiplayer for the first time in a week today and good God at all the Javelin glitchers and akimbo 1887's. I was hard pressed to find a game without one or the other in Team Deathmatch Express.

Top Bottom