• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

iamcool388 said:
I'll give you ridiculous.

In one of the earlier levels (The
controversial
one) I was going through a level with 4 other people on my team. I was supposed to follow one of them who was on point, and we encountered heavy resistance. We took them all out, took about 4-5 minutes, and then the main dude didnt go any further. He just stood there, so I assumed that more enemies would be coming. They dont, so I scout ahead, thinking that maybe I have to cross some invisible line for him to move forward. That doesnt help either... I am at my wits end and cant figure out what to do to make him go ahead... by this time I have gone ahead and already cleared out like half the level ahead of me, but my teammates wont come forward and join me. Wanna guess what the resolution was?

One of the dumbass enemies was hiding behind a barrel or some shit in an out of the way place. He wasnt shooting, he wasnt popping out of cover, he was just sitting behind a barrel and some boxes. As soon as I shoot him, suddenly my squad starts running ahead as if their pants are on fire and its the biggest emergency in the world (lots of battle chatter), when for the last 10 minutes they were standing like statues.

Pissed me off.

Did some heavy musical score kick in too ? :lol

F#A#Oo

Banned
Mogg0 said:
Isn't the leaderboard refresh unfair?!?

All the lucky pricks that got it a week early get a week of free practice, yet all of their initial shitness as they get to grips with the game is wiped. All the muppets who get it launch day have all their initial shitness saved forever. K/D, getting to grips with weapon accuracy, and basically all ratio stats will be a poor representation.

Is it just me or is that not fair?

Who gives a fuck...?

snap0212 said:
Wow, I just found out that the german version of the game will be cut again! You fail so hard, Acitivision...

I fail to see how it is IW's problem? You live in a restrictive country...import another version...problem solved.

snap0212

F#A#Oo said:
I fail to see how it is IW's problem? You live in a restrictive country...import another version...problem solved.
The problem is that Activision lied to us. They even sent out a press release about how the game will be uncut, the same content as the us version, etc.

hc2

snap0212 said:
The problem is that Activision lied to us. They even sent out a press release about how the game will be uncut, the same content as the us version, etc.
We get the blood and guts in video games, you get nudity on the TV. I'm thinking you get the better deal. Of course, I guess choice would be the ultimate perk.

F#A#Oo

Banned
snap0212 said:

Get a UK copy...£35 is about the average price here...almost half the price you get across the channel...postage is peanuts.

Magik

Mogg0 said:
Isn't the leaderboard refresh unfair?!?

All the lucky pricks that got it a week early get a week of free practice, yet all of their initial shitness as they get to grips with the game is wiped. All the muppets who get it launch day have all their initial shitness saved forever. K/D, getting to grips with weapon accuracy, and basically all ratio stats will be a poor representation.

Is it just me or is that not fair?

Are you for real? Are you seriously concerned with other people's K/D ratios? :lol

K/D ratios really means nothing unless you're some sort of hardcore gamebattles scrub.

Raxus

Magik said:
Are you for real? Are you seriously concerned with other people's K/D ratios? :lol

K/D ratios really means nothing unless you're some sort of hardcore gamebattles scrub.
Also you can just go into private match and navigate the maps before you get online. It isn't like the few thousand or so people that got the game early have some secret invincibility cheat.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is anyone selling the PC version early, or is it all Xbox360 and PS3?

nib95

Banned
Guys, anyone have any proper comparisons between the 360 and PS3 versions yet? I have the 360 version on pre-order, but my XBL Gold account expires this month! I can't think of the next big game I'll be playing online on the 360 for a while, so I'm wondering if it might be better for me to get the PS3 version and hold out on renewing GOLD.

Anyone know how performance holds up on both? And does anyone know whether SC: Conviction will have an online mode?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
AnIco said:
PS3 version of MW2 tells you what mode you're playing through the XMB friends list. One of my friends is playing it and it shows him playing "Domination in Wasteland"

Nice, wish more PS3 games did this.

wish uncharted 2 did this.

Can anybody confirm what off-line multi-player modes are included? I've never seen an answer to this. I've heard that you can now level up in offline MP.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So can anyone comment on the core gameplay of the single player campaign? Has anything changed for the better?

F#A#Oo

Banned
nib95 said:
Guys, anyone have any proper comparisons between the 360 and PS3 versions yet? I have the 360 version on pre-order, but my XBL Gold account expires this month! I can't think of the next big game I'll be playing online on the 360 for a while, so I'm wondering if it might be better for me to get the PS3 version and hold out on renewing GOLD.

Anyone know how performance holds up on both? And does anyone know whether SC: Conviction will have an online mode?

They are identical tbh...

Mind

Neo Member
neojubei said:
wish uncharted 2 did this.
That would be great.

Can anybody confirm to me if you can see everybody in your friendlist in MW2 leaderboards. The leaderboards on the ps3 with CoD are often crap.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The respawning invisible enemy wave lines are not only back, but worse? LOL...I guess "we're trying to get rid of them" means "they're in the game."

`Moe Joe.

Banned
I've fallen into the hype and I thought I wouldn't. :lol Gonna go to the midnight launch. :D

But I don't see myself playing this game on Veteran. MW1 on Veteran made me go insane there's no way I am reliving a similar experience.

cameltoe

RS4- said:
Yup, along with WaW.

It's just annoying to have on. You're tracking some dude left to right, AA kicks in and well :lol

didn't really like it in the Halo games either

with W@W you could disable it in MP cod 4 you could not

cameltoe

dark10x said:
So can anyone comment on the core gameplay of the single player campaign? Has anything changed for the better?

no, its about the same.

The game was really easy on veteren, nothing like cod 2 or 4. AI is pretty weak, with the occasional godlike aim. Enemies do seem to spawn behind you every now and again which is very frustrating....no nade spam!

Game does kinda force you forward, but I do not believe there are those invisable lines like cod 4. I stayed in an area and didnt move, just killing.....after a few minutes "check point reached" popped up, we all then moved forward.

fraaap

Neo Member
Are there any micro-small Shipment-esque MP maps? I have seen a few shots of the Rust map, and from what I could tell that seems to be very similar (although nowhere near as basic).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
cameltoe said:
Really? They didn't do anything better? :\

Considering I didn't find CoD4 to be amazing in the slightest (fun, but ultimately not all that memorable), I'm concerned about this.

Still, I'm getting MW2 for $30, so I'll probably still give it a shot.

sk3tch

CcrooK said:
Oiy. I'm not sure what to do. Buy the 360 version and get a new system by the end of the month, or just bite the bullet and roll with the PC version (which I have full pre paid at Gamestop).

I don't understand why you'd buy a system in order to play this game...the PC version is as good (if not better, depending on your rig)!

CcrooK said:
Money's a little tight around this year. Holiday's and all that crap.

Now I really don't understand...

fraaap said:
Are there any micro-small Shipment-esque MP maps? I have seen a few shots of the Rust map, and from what I could tell that seems to be very similar (although nowhere near as basic).

Shipment was allways a fun map, I hope there is a similar one :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
dark10x said:

Considering I didn't find CoD4 to be amazing in the slightest (fun, but ultimately not all that memorable), I'm concerned about this.

Getting hooked up? I got MW1 for 40 but with shipping from a good person who helped me out.

AnIco

nib95 said:

After watching HD footage of the PS3 version you have nothing to worry about. I asked a person on my friends list who had the PS3 version playing and he said the port was great.

MW1 was a great port, so why wouldn't you expect this to be the same?

Haunted

GDJustin said:
Nope - if anything the infinite enemy respawns & heavy sequence scripting is even more prevalent here than in MW1. In several sections you will have enemies appear behind you and begin shooting in order to push you forward.

I was having HUGE trouble with even the first handful of SP missions until I figured out that IW doesn't ever want the player to stop - they want you moving forward at all times. Once I sorted that out I've been dying a lot less.

You can't be meticulous and pick off dudes of rooftops one at a time. You just need to keep moving and shooting.
oh IW

cameltoe

dark10x said:

Game is fun, but yeah, its more of the same.....COD 4 SP is still better IMO and that aint saying much.
There are monents, but by that point, its over so whats the point.

Spydy

Banned
Did MS moneyhat IW in order to stop video being released unless it was from the 360? Kinda dumb move considering IW could just throw the cash back into PS3 development.

Mind

Neo Member
snap0212 said:
They're going to be reset on the day of release.
Didn't mean that but thanks :) I was checking if the ps3 leaderboards are the same as the xbox version. In CoD4 you could only see yourself in the leadersboards on the ps3.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Halfway through SP campaign and though there were a few cool moments, I'm not that impressed so far.

It's exactly like the first, cheap mechanics and all.

Oh well, I bought it for multiplayer.

tuco11 said:
Anyone care to post all of the multi playlists?
* Team Deathmatch
* Free-For-All
* Domination
* Ground War
* Sabotage
* Headquarters Pro
* Search and Destroy
* Capture The Flag
* Demolition
* 3rd Person Team Deathmatch
* 3rd Person Hardcore Team Deathmatch
* 3rd Person Cage Match
* Hardcore Team Deathmatch
* Hardcore Search and Destroy
* Ricochet Team Deathmatch

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nelo Ice said:
ur actually buying the pc version?

Not until I can find it cheap and second hand or something. I was just wondering. I've stopped following this game, but all the clammer seemed to be about the console versions. Was just wondering if the PC version was delayed or anything.

ColR100

Roelatie said:
you shoot with paintball guns and water pistols?
Your damn avatar locks my Safari browser up, and so I check what's up with your image you're displaying.

I'll say no more...........but I hope you get hit with one of those text on white background and then you can't change it, fool.

Apart from that, the last 5 pages of this thread have near all buy killed my interest in this game. Multiplayer dying even quicker than how it is in CoD4, not liking that impression of it at all.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
I have read the OP and it is great, but I looked on the official MW2 site and can't find a perk list. Anyone mind posting that too?

Or is there a detailed link with all of the multiplayer stuff?

Solo

I wasnt planning to getting this anyways, but reading the impressions so far seem to make that choice even easier. Even shorter campaign? Even more scripted? Even more infinite respawning?

ArjanN

Nelo Ice said:
ur actually buying the pc version?

Despite all the dedicated server controversy, the PC version will still look, run and control better.

And the PC version is steamworks, so even if you got it early you still couldn't play it I think.

Top Bottom