• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Fëanor said:
And I will keep rocking them till they are nerfed.:lol Sorry guys, I play for my own personal amusement.

Fucking A, man. Although I hate when I'm killed by Akimbo 1887s, I fully admit that I'm going to whore the fuck out of them once I reach level 67. Bitter tears, guys.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Fëanor said:
:lol Oh man, I'm loving dual 1887's!! My K/D was 1.82 just using an AR with the M1014 as my backup weapon. Started using the 1887 this past sunday and my K/D shot up to 1.97!:lol I'm in love, its like P90 from COD4 all over again, except more ridiculous.:lol Oh yes, the most ridiculous thing I have done with them so far has been a triple kill, TRIPLE KILL!! It ended the match hahah.:lol

25kssxs.gif

J-Rzez

Lionheart1827 said:
I dont think theyre gonna fix boosting as lame as it is.

Those people should be banned a few days, and stats reset. They're fucking up the game as much as the jav/1887 people.

CloudV

Fëanor said:
And I will keep rocking them till they are nerfed.:lol Sorry guys, I play for my own personal amusement.

Makes a good point, it's overpowered, but not a glitch. People may get shit on for the 1887's, camping, knifing, and what not, but if you're enjoying the game then that's all that matters.

I will add though that I hate them too, but I'm looking forward to trying them out too. That's like 38 levels away though, hah.

The more I play this game the more I wonder why I'm not just playing CoD4. Killstreak rewards are easily forgettable, the gun upgrades are just okay, and the maps are far inferior to whats available in CoD4.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Fëanor said:
:lol Oh man, I'm loving dual 1887's!! My K/D was 1.82 just using an AR with the M1014 as my backup weapon. Started using the 1887 this past sunday and my K/D shot up to 1.97!:lol I'm in love, its like P90 from COD4 all over again, except more ridiculous.:lol Oh yes, the most ridiculous thing I have done with them so far has been a triple kill, TRIPLE KILL!! It ended the match hahah.:lol

I hate this post for having a shitload of smileys.

I don't get why my Harriers are doing jack fucking shit. I swear there are people just running around outside and its not shooting at them and I have Danger Close Pro on! WTF STUPID SHIT SHOOT THOSE GUYS IM SHOOTING AT!

rage post concluded.

NeoUltima

Fëanor said:
mtxzlz.jpg

Griffith

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
I don't get why my Harriers are doing jack fucking shit. I swear there are people just running around outside and its not shooting at them and I have Danger Close Pro on! WTF STUPID SHIT SHOOT THOSE GUYS IM SHOOTING AT!

rage post concluded.
Maybe they're using cold blooded.

I was playing against a team that wouldn't stop using the 1887s. In retaliation, I brought out my master exploder class. Thumper, grenade launcher attachment, semtex and danger close. Top it off with scavenger to make sure I'll never run out of explosives.

I'll out cheap those bastards any day with this class.

Nelo Ice

Banned
i love the knife class so much

just had an epic game winning killcam where it showed me killing the last 3 guys by knife :lol

also knife class is the anti akimbo 1887s since i just owned a whole team with two 1887 users and i went 29-7

also i just got my first hate mail in mw2
"you're a dick head mate" :lol

Narag

Tkawsome said:
I was playing against a team that wouldn't stop using the 1887s. In retaliation, I brought out my master exploder class. Thumper, grenade launcher attachment, semtex and danger close. Top it off with scavenger to make sure I'll never run out of explosives.

I run something similar but with a claymore so when they're running around like idiots looking for an easy kill, they trip the damn thing. All told, its funny as hell.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Tkawsome said:

well i just created this class...now ppl will be overwhelming pissed offf by either knife or explosion :lol

Nelo Ice said:

just had an epic game winning killcam where it showed me killing the last 3 guys by knife :lol

also knife class is the anti akimbo 1887s since i just owned a whole team with two 1887 users and i went 29-7

No it's not. You probably just got lucky but when someone with the akimbos 1887 sees you running towards at him you can bet your ass he's going to blast you.

Nelo Ice said:

Ha I collect that hate msg shit like trophies. :D

I didn't know people actually took this game serious. they were all mad I was shitting all over them.

Is anyone else getting disconnects via DNS error after the 1.06 patch on the PS3? I have palyed three straight games and keep getting disconnected via error 8002A548 now when this didn't happen before.

Any thoughts? (Wired connection btw).

Thanks in advance.

blahness

Just took down a harrier and chopper gunner with one hit of a stinger. The chopper gunner must have been right next to the harrier and ate it when the harrier exploded. Didn't know that could be done.

EazyB

Banned
blahness said:
Just took down a harrier and chopper gunner with one hit of a stinger. The chopper gunner must have been right next to the harrier and ate it when the harrier exploded. Didn't know that could be done.
I did that once as well. The proceeding explosion of experience, promotions, guitar rifts were almost enough to convince me I was having fun.

Nelo Ice said:
well i just created this class...now ppl will be overwhelming pissed offf by either knife or explosion :lol

It's not a class I'd normally use since it's so damn cheap, but if they're relying completely on the 1887's, I'm happy to share my frustration with them. My only hope is that it pisses them off, the fact that the class racks up a lot of kills is just icing on the cake.

Slightly off topic, I just noticed in the opening cinematic that Gaz appears on screen during the line "Revenge is like a Ghost". Coincidence? I think not.

rodvik

Just went 14-0 in HC. Not a big score I know but a big deal for me.

First time I have broken 10-0 so I was crapping myself for the last couple of minutes hiding in a corner coz I wanted that badge.

My team won. I declared victory and logged out. Feels good :D

I'm struggling to get Cold Blooded Pro. Any game types that I can get this a bit quicker? I pretty much use it all the time in Hardcore matches but I only got 24 kill streak thing destroyed with it.

MarkMclovin said:
I'm struggling to get Cold Blooded Pro. Any game types that I can get this a bit quicker? I pretty much use it all the time in Hardcore matches but I only got 24 kill streak thing destroyed with it.

Use a Stinger and take out EVERY single thing you see in the skies including UAV's, Choppers, Harriers, and even try AC130's. Make sure you listen to the announcements of enemy killstreaks.

MarkMclovin said:

Play any of the objective based modes and just keep a stinger handy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah. I'm constantly the only guy who takes shit out in games I play, so I got it fairly quickly.

Harriers and Pave Lows are almost free points. The only thing that's annoying are the killstreaks that can deploy flares.

amar212

MarkMclovin said:

And always run on any Sentry Gun outthere, they're the easiest targets to knife with CBP.

Dina

Nelo Ice said:

You were lucky. If anything, the dual akimbo is the counter to the knife class. You'll never get close enough for a knife kill because the range of the akimbo is bigger, and its both instakill.

Dina said:
You were lucky. If anything, the dual akimbo is the counter to the knife class. You'll never get close enough for a knife kill because the range of the akimbo is bigger, and its both instakill.

That's why as the knife class you never take on someone by going straight at them, you go between objects or find a way around them.

If you get killed by a head on attack you just respawn and then go behind them and get them that way.

1887s make me mad because when the other team is spamming them I'm not having fun.

I mean, do what you want, but it just doesn't seem like you're playing modern warfare multiplayer anymore - I've picked those up and it seems like you're playing halo or quake or something. I'm sure they'll be toned down in the future, right?

All they'd really have to do is reduce the range or require two hits to kill, maybe slow down the animation for spinning the shotguns so another blast takes longer. Give the guy getting shot at a chance to react if the 1887 user is farther away or doesn't hit dead on with both barrels.

I haven't played this game online since the right after the release. Had so many games in my backlog so I thought "Well I'll just wait until all the newbs loose interest" thinking it would become more fun to play when people got better. Now it seems I was a bit wrong.

F#A#Oo

Banned
GodofWine said:
Well....thats a start...1887's must die next.

Lightweight with Tactical Knife class isn't exactly used to the same level and to the same extent as the 1887 by and large...so this is a very negative move.

I think IW just gave SP users even less of a reason to stray away...not that they had much reason to in the first place ofcourse.

Perk slot 2 is now Cold-Blooded or Stopping Power and I would welcome anything that allows people to stray abit more adventerously away from those two from time to time...sadly this is not the case and it would seem IW and I'm assuming yourself would love nothing but CB and SP...

F#A#Oo said:
Lightweight with Tactical Knife class isn't exactly used to the same level and to the same extent as the 1887 by and large...so this is a very negative move.

I think IW just gave SP users even less of a reason to stray away...not that they had much reason to in the first place ofcourse.

Perk slot 2 is now Cold-Blooded or Stopping Power and I would welcome anything that allows people to stray abit more adventerously away from those two from time to time...sadly this is not the case and it would seem IW and I'm assuming yourself would love nothing but CB and SP...

I find Hardline to be incredibly useful with UAVs in the first KS slot. Getting a 2-kill streak is usually not that hard, and the constant stream of UAVs is incredibly useful. I currently roll UAV-Sentry-EAD with Hardline, and I'm loving it.

F#A#Oo said:
You can add me if you want.

I'm almost always online between 10pm GMT till 3am...PSN handle in profile.
I don't play online for the moment. Taking care of a massive backlog. Going to finish Dead Space today and start on Dragon Age.

Top Bottom