• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

nib95

Banned
The matchmaking is pretty shite. I'm level 32 now and most games I'm up against prestige players, some multiples. The rest are ultra high level people with at max one person of a similar level to me. I still generally come 1st or 2nd among them, but still. It is annoying since some of the weapons and perks still aren't at my disposal.

Yea I loved teh FAL but as soon as I got the ACR I switched to that. Almost seemed like they were the same gun except you could hold down the ACR.

While the FAL seems to be a superior ACR for kids with modded controllers. Fucking douchebags.

Alivor

Stealth Bomber is too weak IMO. It's just not that good. It pretty much does the same thing as the precision airstrike, it's just longer and you don't see it on radar. I think it should bomb a larger area, killing anyone outside. Needless to say, this would put it at an 11 or 15 killstreak reward. I think it would be better then. As it stands, I usually get more kills with a harrier strike than a stealth bomber.

axiomnightmare

Neo Member
Alivor said:
Stealth Bomber is too weak IMO. It's just not that good. It pretty much does the same thing as the precision airstrike, it's just longer and you don't see it on radar. I think it should bomb a larger area, killing anyone outside. Needless to say, this would put it at an 11 or 15 killstreak reward. I think it would be better then. As it stands, I usually get more kills with a harrier strike than a stealth bomber.

Yea, there are much better killstreaks at that amount than the stealth bomber. Not worth the killstreak slot.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I've stopped Nuke Chasing.

I'm settled on Harrier, Choppah Gunnah!, and EMP. EMP is fairly useful, and doesn't stop the game dead in it's tracks. I quite like being able to use the EMP on a normal basis, since getting to 15 is much easier than 25.

Also, I am using the Akimbo 1887 (for uh... Research purposes :p) and wow, overpowered and freaking long range... Just like all of the shotguns. Every fucking shotgun is overpowered, aside from the shotgun you attach to your AR, which cannot kill someone, even at point blank range :/

Calen

nib95 said:
The matchmaking is pretty shite. I'm level 32 now and most games I'm up against prestige players, some multiples. The rest are ultra high level people with at max one person of a similar level to me. I still generally come 1st or 2nd among them, but still. It is annoying since some of the weapons and perks still aren't at my disposal.
Matchmaking uses a hidden skill value, not your level or prestige. Even if you really suck you'll eventually level all the way up, since you never lose progress - this is why good players at lower levels get matched with higher level types.

MrDaravon

Played a bunch of online the past few days, and while overall having a good time I'm pretty sure I'm done with the game until they do something with the 1887's, because that is basically the most broken shit I have ever seen in an online shooter ever. Almost every match there are multiple jackasses running around with it on both teams. I am also getting really sick of getting matched against full groups of people on 1+ prestiges, when I am only a 36-40 (and no I am NOT that good, I hover around a 1.0 ratio). Netcode also is starting to get more annoying as matches get closer, almost every time watching killcams and game wincams people are getting kills stabbing air or missing shots by several feet :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm really cautious about calling in care packages... I've only had two stolen from me by enemies, and BOTH were AC-130s, FUCK. I haven't unlocked it as a killstreak yet (went with chopper gunner instead) so I've still never used one. :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm glad I stopped using care packages, running away and hiding really interrupted my flow.

On the AC-130:It's basically the same the thing as COD4 but, there are delays between shots so you can't spam the middle caliber gun.

jiien

vatstep said:
I'm really cautious about calling in care packages... I've only had two stolen from me by enemies, and BOTH were AC-130s, FUCK. I haven't unlocked it as a killstreak yet (went with chopper gunner instead) so I've still never used one. :(

I wouldn't use them at all unless you are playing with friends. Or if it's a massive map. Teammates tend to be really unreliable.

alba

Little is the new Big
I'm in the same position as some of the guys on this thread, the game is just so broken that it kills the experience for me, I don't even want to play it anymore :(

Really hope they fix the glitches/bugs and try to balance some of the broken things in the game (which they probably won't).

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
jiien said:
I wouldn't use them at all unless you are playing with friends. Or if it's a massive map. Teammates tend to be really unreliable.
Yeah, I only use them on certain maps. It's hard for me to give them up entirely, though — the gamble is too much fun. I can at least say that I've never had one stolen by a random teammate. People are actually somewhat respectful in that regard.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone else notice, atleast on the PS3 version, that you can't speak very long on the mic? I'll talk, then the mic will shut off after like 3 seconds.

Me: Hey, don't skip this map because /cut off

Happens with my friend as well. This a bug or just a feature?

F#A#Oo

Banned
Didn't 402 (fourzerotwo) say that the next patch would be a title update...?

Seems to me they have just fixed care package and the javelin glitches with this one...which is welcome and all but I was expecting a ton of improvements...especially match-making wise and the toning down of the 1887's....

Yeef

BigJonsson said:
Quickest way to unlocking the tactical knife?
One of the default classes (First Recon) is a nife runner class, but with Ninja instead of Commando and has a Tac Knife magnum. The cool thing about the tac knife is that it counts toward your kills for that weapon, so theoretically you should be able to use that class to unlock the Tac knife (and all the other attachments) for your magnum. For all the other hand guns you just have to do it the old fashioned way.

vatstep said:
Yeah, I only use them on certain maps. It's hard for me to give them up entirely, though — the gamble is too much fun. I can at least say that I've never had one stolen by a random teammate. People are actually somewhat respectful in that regard.
I generally try to protect people as they pick up their drops, but there have been a few times where a guy calls in a drop, gets killed, I kill the guy that took him out and take the drop. Sometimes people get mad about that, sometimes they're cool with it. The way I see it though is that it's better to have a teammate grab it than an enemy.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
F#A#Oo said:
Didn't 402 (fourzerotwo) say that the next patch would be a title update...?

Seems to me they have just fixed care package and the javelin glitches with this one...which is welcome and all but I was expecting a ton of improvements...especially match-making wise and the toning down of the 1887's....
He said that this is a patch to just fix the exploits and that at title update is being worked on.

whitehawk said:
What's a tactical knife? There are 2 types of knifes?
Tactical knife is when you pull out your pistol you hold your knife in your other hand MGS style, it gives you a faster knife attack when you pistol is out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
whitehawk said:
What's a tactical knife? There are 2 types of knifes?
It's a handgun attachment where you hold the knife like Snake does in the most recent Metal Gears. It's a lot faster.

EDIT: Beaten with an almost identical description :lol

F#A#Oo

Banned
RoboPlato said:
He said that this is a patch to just fix the exploits and that at title update is being worked on.

I see...:D

Anyways...I also think the stat tracking in this game is pretty basic...I wish it got an overhaul...so much potential and for a game with this much of a base you have to say IW dropped the ball...

vatstep

After the 1.06 PS3 fix, apparently you can still glitch into the rock on Afghan, but it kills you. :lol I just find this amusing for some reason... I'm assuming that it's just a temporary fix and that they'll make it so you can't get in at all once the first title update is released.

kuYuri

The Care Package glitch that 1.06 fixes is the infinite CP glitch, not the run faster while holding CP grenade, correct?

GodofWine

OK...two nights in a row I turned off the game due to the 1887's...

Fuckers with riot shield and dual 1887s...i don't even think its the akimbo thats the problem, a single 1887 is stupidly powerful.

The 1887 wasn't even that great of a weapon from what I read...and its owning modern day assault rifles.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
The Care Package glitch that 1.06 fixes is the infinite CP glitch, not the run faster while holding CP grenade, correct?

The latter is not a glitch as far as I know...and has definately been put in there by IW...

careful

I played 3 hours with 1.06 tonight. Didn't encounter any glitchers. :)
But matchmaking was still sketchy with breaking up party members.

jiien

vatstep said:
After the 1.06 PS3 fix, apparently you can still glitch into the rock on Afghan, but it kills you. :lol I just find this amusing for some reason... I'm assuming that it's just a temporary fix and that they'll make it so you can't get in at all once the first title update is released.

Oh, I hope they leave it like that.

GodofWine

Case said:
Sweet Gezus Christ. What the fuck was IW thinking when they made that 1887 shit

They weren't thinking..they were just thinking about all the cash a slightly rebuilt COD4 called MW2 would make, and someone probably hit the wrong number on the 'range' of the 1887 and they just laughed and laughed.

Looking forward to COD7:WAW2

Sh0k

Where is the patch for the 360? At least one Javelin glitcher every other match.
And the boosting between friends just to get the nuke is getting annoying.

Sh0k said:
Where is the patch for the 360? At least one Javelin glitcher every other match.
And the boosting between friends just to get the nuke is getting annoying.

Talk to microsoft, its in cert right now.

I dont think theyre gonna fix boosting as lame as it is.

Fëanor

:lol Oh man, I'm loving dual 1887's!! My K/D was 1.82 just using an AR with the M1014 as my backup weapon. Started using the 1887 this past sunday and my K/D shot up to 1.97!:lol I'm in love, its like P90 from COD4 all over again, except more ridiculous.:lol Oh yes, the most ridiculous thing I have done with them so far has been a triple kill, TRIPLE KILL!! It ended the match hahah.:lol

Cohsae

Fëanor said:
:lol Oh man, I'm loving dual 1887's!! My K/D was 1.82 just using an AR with the M1014 as my backup weapon. Started using the 1887 this past sunday and my K/D shot up to 1.97!:lol I'm in love, its like P90 from COD4 all over again, except more ridiculous.:lol Oh yes, the most ridiculous thing I have done with them so far has been a triple kill, TRIPLE KILL!! It ended the match hahah.:lol
Congrats! You're ruining the game.

Fëanor said:
boothisman.gif

Fëanor said:

Assuming this isn't a joke post, prepare to cop a lot of shit.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Fëanor said:
thumbdown.jpg

JaMarco

Fëanor said:
sigh

Mileena

Banned
Fëanor said:
gotta keep up the trend of quoting this post.

I hate you.

edit: broken

whitehawk

Banned
Fëanor said:
6si4ri8.gif

Top Bottom