• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
J-Rzez said:
Those people should be banned a few days, and stats reset. They're fucking up the game as much as the jav/1887 people.

I don't see why they should be banned. They're breaking the game, sure, but (in general) they're doing it in full party/boosting parties thereby not breaking the game for most people.

At least I do that if I'm having to boost multiplayer achievements because developers can't fucking let their multiplayer stand on their own

I see nothing wrong with it compared to the Javalin Glitch becoming a "who can suicide bomb who" pissing match.

F#A#Oo said:
>>Anything but Stopping Power/Cold Blooded, Slot 2<<

Does anyone besides me really like Hardline? -1 Killstreak a bit useless sure (I wish it was -2 Killstreak, but that would mean a shit ton of UAVs), but for the most part it helps you bring in more killstreak rewards in a match faster.

I'd kill to see a match played with hardline that goes (whatever)->6(7?) kills Chopper Gunner->23 Kills itrollu.jpg Nuke.

J-Rzez said:
Those people should be banned a few days, and stats reset. They're fucking up the game as much as the jav/1887 people.

Hands down, it's so much fun on some maps to get out the Javelin right from the start, aim at some car or whatever near where the enemy team has spawned and fire on that. Gives me first kill (sometimes even a couple of kills) just after a few seconds.

Bascially you don't even have to glitch with the Javelin.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDDxq-3UTZE

I want to use a Javelin in life, too. :O

taylor910

I dont feel like digging, can anyone answer if they have online stat tracking? How do I find my k/d ratio, can I see individual game stats anywhere? Thanks

taylor910 said:
I dont feel like digging, can anyone answer if they have online stat tracking? How do I find my k/d ratio, can I see individual game stats anywhere? Thanks

No online stat tracking, but you can find your lifetime K/D ratio on Barracks -> Leaderboards -> Kills

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
divisionbyzorro said:
No online stat tracking, but you can find your lifetime K/D ratio on Barracks -> Leaderboards -> Kills

99% of games have bugs and glitches out of the box.

But what AAA game doesn't have online stat tracking and leaderboards? They should be embarassed.

RSTEIN said:

But what AAA game doesn't have online stat tracking and leaderboards? They should be embarassed.

As has been said thousands of times before, even the B-team one-upped them on this one.

I love Hardlines. When I'm just running around Ill use it so I can do Predator to Harrier to Pavelow then Ill just die on purpose so I can repeat that as much as possible. I got that whole circuit 5 times and ended a game 51-4 it was pretty nice.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
RSTEIN said:

The lack of an online component is bad enough, but there's barely any representation of stats in the actual game to begin with. You can only basically only see the stats of people on your friends list. Why can't there be simple in-game profiles that can be accessed from within the lobbies (kind of like Halo service records)? Just being able to see others' barracks screens would be better than nothing. This is one of the reasons that I barely care about my K/D and W/L ratio — hardly anyone else sees them.

xxjuicesxx said:
I love Hardlines. When I'm just running around Ill use it so I can do Predator to Harrier to Pavelow then Ill just die on purpose so I can repeat that as much as possible. I got that whole circuit 5 times and ended a game 51-4 it was pretty nice.
Harriers tend to have a life expectancy of about 5 seconds now. Pavelows a little longer 'cause they can usually avoid the first rocket.

DeuceMojo said:
Harriers tend to have a life expectancy of about 5 seconds now. Pavelows a little longer 'cause they can usually avoid the first rocket.

True but usually the first strike gets you to pavelow and if both are up they have even less time to take stuff down, and if you're running around killing them on certain levels they wont really be able to take your stuff down (Highrise especially)

careful

Get ready to have your minds blown.

So I told one of my Palestinian friends about the BAMBI screams..

Bambi -> Bambi makzern -> "ba'abi makhzen" -> "changing magazine"

:lol

Az

Now we just need to know what a 10 inch stozna is

edit: Tsel' Unechtozhen" means "Target Destroyed"
but dont think that's the 10 inch stozna thing

careful said:

If they would just stop speaking in that incomprehensible jibberish and start speaking English, they could

1) Be understood by us wholesome videogame folk and

2) Possibly establish real working relationships with important Western states.

TANGO SUCKA!

Come on, what IS that? :lol

So my 360 red ringed me this morning.

And you know what? I'm perfectly ok with this. Bummed about my lack of L4D2 for a few weeks, but otherwise perfectly ok with it.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
RbBrdMan said:
Post it if you find it.
This is from the IW forums:

Patch 1.06 - In Microsoft Certifaction, patch will address Launcher Glitches, Map Glitches and Care Package Glitch

Best I can find atm.

careful

DeuceMojo said:
If they would just stop speaking in that incomprehensible jibberish and start speaking English, they could

TANGO SUCKA!

Game definitely needs a Square-Enix style special US localization with full American dub.

Az

DeuceMojo said:

TANGO SUCKA!

Tango Suckut = suckut is arabic for "down" so Tango Down

RubxQub

TANGO SUCKA!

This will always be an overzealous trooper demanding his battalion to dance. It's nothing else but this.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
RubxQub said:
This is from the IW forums:

Patch 1.06 - In Microsoft Certifaction, patch will address Launcher Glitches, Map Glitches and Care Package Glitch

Best I can find atm.

So far so good. Get rid of the rock camper on afgan, launcher glitch out, care package out. I'd love to see something about the nerfage of 1887 but can't win em all ehh..

RbBrdMan said:
So far so good. Get rid of the rock camper on afgan, launcher glitch out, care package out. I'd love to see something about the nerfage of 1887 but can't win em all ehh..

I hear the Afghan glitch fix kills you if you try to glitch into the rock...:lol :lol :lol

DietRob

divisionbyzorro said:
I hear the Afghan glitch fix kills you if you try to glitch into the rock...:lol :lol :lol

I never knew how to do it in the first place. But nearly every time I played afgan the winning kill would come from a rock.. It should not allow you to respawn instead of just kill you. :D

RubxQub

RbBrdMan said:
1887's are so broken.

I used them from 67 to 70 before I presitged and had the most consistently high ratios ever. In Skidrow I camped inside that little blow-open store (first floor) where there is always a firefight, and just kept popping out and blasting some fool in the face and hiding again.

Peek and pop, peek and pop.

I got over 13 kills without moving, and there's nothing they could do. Eventually like 4 flash grenades got tossed at me and they rushed, but I still got one of them when I was blind :lol

1887's take zero skill to use.

Remove akimbo shotguns from the game.

RubxQub

divisionbyzorro said:
I hope they at least wait until I'm level 67 so I can have fun with them :)
I just don't know how anyone at IW thought that people running around with a shotgun in each hand blasting people in one shot was a great addition to the game.

I didn't even need stopping power to make them amazing.

Biff

RubxQub said:
I just don't know how anyone at IW thought that people running around with a shotgun in each hand blasting people in one shot was a great addition to the game.
Dudebro logic: What's better than one shotgun?

MOTHERFUCKING TWO SHOTGUNS!!1

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
divisionbyzorro said:
Yes, please. Lightweight was the last thing that needed to be nerfed.
Yeah, I'm sure this is bullshit. This patch was rushed to fix glitches, nothing else.

RubxQub

vatstep said:
Yeah, I'm sure this is bullshit. This patch was rushed to fix glitches, nothing else.
Eh...I don't see why not.

If they already had balancing code put in place that had been tested, might as well roll it out with this patch release.

I don't think lightweight was necessarily in need of a nerf, but I don't mind it either (don't really use it in any of my main builds).

DietRob

RubxQub said:
1887's are so broken.

I used them from 67 to 70 before I presitged and had the most consistently high ratios ever. In Skidrow I camped inside that little blow-open store (first floor) where there is always a firefight, and just kept popping out and blasting some fool in the face and hiding again.

Peek and pop, peek and pop.

I got over 13 kills without moving, and there's nothing they could do. Eventually like 4 flash grenades got tossed at me and they rushed, but I still got one of them when I was blind :lol

1887's take zero skill to use.

Remove akimbo shotguns from the game.

I haven't quite made it to correct level to get akimbo shotguns. However, there have been times when I've killed one of those fuckers and picked up the guns. They are insane. I still end up getting killed because I'm generally not that good. But damn if I don't get a few fools with a shotty to the face from 50 yards away before I do go.

RubxQub said:

If they already had balancing code put in place that had been tested, might as well roll it out with this patch release.

I don't think lightweight was necessarily in need of a nerf, but I don't mind it either (don't really use it in any of my main builds).

Quick: somebody time a lap around Sub Base.

I keep wanting to defend the 1887s/Rangers, thinking it is a slightly cool addition to the game to allow a crazy new loadout, but then I get hit by the dual-Dead-or-Alive-Guns from like 200 feet and I wonder just what the fuck they were thinking by making the things this strong.

Last night I wandered into a cozy Favela home with my Striker drawn and rounded a corner and popped off a shot at this guy and was then mowed down by a pair of 1887s. And I'm OK with that, because any distance kill inside any building on that map is reasonable.

But then when I'm advancing through an alley in Overpass and take cover behind a concrete barrier, start shooting at the Aqueerbo who is charging me from like 150 feet away, and he blows my head off somehow, I have got to agree that they really fucked this game with those ridiculous shotguns.

Allow me to reiterate: fucked it all up.

Hawk SE

careful said:

amazing!

Sielys

Ok, found something else! One man army/hardline exploit.

So set up two classes, one with one man army and whatever red perk you want(class 1), and a separate class with hardline(class 2). Get enough kills for a killstreak, say 6, with class 1, then, use OMA to switch to class 2, and you instantly get the killstreak reward. You can use this so you can use stopping power or coldblooded to get to a 6 killstreak harrier strike instead of hardline.

careful

F#A#Oo said:
Lightweight with Tactical Knife class isn't exactly used to the same level and to the same extent as the 1887 by and large...so this is a very negative move.

I think IW just gave SP users even less of a reason to stray away...not that they had much reason to in the first place ofcourse.

Perk slot 2 is now Cold-Blooded or Stopping Power and I would welcome anything that allows people to stray abit more adventerously away from those two from time to time...sadly this is not the case and it would seem IW and I'm assuming yourself would love nothing but CB and SP...
I agree Lightweight was not really the problem. They should've nerfed the Commando knife kill distance instead (preferable remove Commando altogether).

So set up two classes, one with one man army and whatever red perk you want(class 1), and a separate class with hardline(class 2). Get enough kills for a killstreak, say 6, with class 1, then, use OMA to switch to class 2, and you instantly get the killstreak reward. You can use this so you can use stopping power or coldblooded to get to a 6 killstreak harrier strike instead of hardline.
Wow. :eek:

Sielys said:

This is brilliant, nice find.

vatstep

RubxQub said:

You're right... I just wasn't expecting any balance changes since this was kind of a rushed update for glitches. Makes sense for them to roll other stuff out ASAP if they have it ready, though.

Not really a fan of nerfing lightweight, though. I love using it, and not even necessarily just to knife people. A drop from 1.10 to 1.07 is basically cutting the additional speed by a third. :(

Sielys said:

Clever, but not really game-breaking. Instead of giving up a Slot 2 perk for Hardline, you give up a Slot 1 perk and a secondary weapon. Pretty equal if you ask me.

BigAT

So it's impossible to turn off autoaim in multiplayer? What a horrible game design decision. It's so frustrating to have my cursor all setup precisely where I want it, just to have it completely strewn in a random direction when someone sprints by.

Yeef

I don't think the single 1887 is too bad, reduce the range a bit and it's fine. The time between shots and the time to reload means that if you miss your first shot you're pretty much screwed, but with Akimbo you don't have to worry about that because you can just alt fire and never have to worry about the delay.

I also wish there were some way for your teammates to know which perks you were using. It's only happened a handful of times, but I'll be playing a stealth class and trying to take out a sentry gun or a chopper gunner or some other killstreak reward and then get killed because my idiot teammates come to my side. It also sucks that people automatically respawn near you when you're trying to flank the enemy.

BigAT said:
So it's impossible to turn off autoaim in multiplayer? What a horrible game design decision. It's so frustrating to have my cursor all setup precisely where I want it, just to have it completely strewn in a random direction when someone sprints by.
That's gotten me killed a few times. I'll be shooting someone and then someone else runs by and my cursor follows the new guy and completely screws up my shot. It shouldn't be too hard for them to have the aim-assist stay on a single target once they're in your sights.

Lourio

TheAzRim said:
Now we just need to know what a 10 inch stozna is

edit: Tsel' Unechtozhen" means "Target Destroyed"
but dont think that's the 10 inch stozna thing

Way ahead of you :lol

I had asked my Moldovian co-worker what "10 inch stozna" means. It's something along the lines of "Be careful, danger ahead"

Sielys

divisionbyzorro said:
Clever, but not really game-breaking. Instead of giving up a Slot 2 perk for Hardline, you give up a Slot 1 perk and a secondary weapon. Pretty equal if you ask me.

Well, I'd rather have no secondary and coldblooded, rather than a secondary and no coldblooded.

Top Bottom