• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

pringles

DeuceMojo said:
I keep wanting to defend the 1887s/Rangers, thinking it is a slightly cool addition to the game to allow a crazy new loadout, but then I get hit by the dual-Dead-or-Alive-Guns from like 200 feet and I wonder just what the fuck they were thinking by making the things this strong.

Last night I wandered into a cozy Favela home with my Striker drawn and rounded a corner and popped off a shot at this guy and was then mowed down by a pair of 1887s. And I'm OK with that, because any distance kill inside any building on that map is reasonable.

But then when I'm advancing through an alley in Overpass and take cover behind a concrete barrier, start shooting at the Aqueerbo who is charging me from like 150 feet away, and he blows my head off somehow, I have got to agree that they really fucked this game with those ridiculous shotguns.

Allow me to reiterate: fucked it all up.
What are you talking about? This is Modern Warfare. Don't you know that dual-shotguns is the ultimate weapon in today's warfare? Every soldier in Afghanistan and Iraq uses it. MW2 is just extremely realistic, almost TOO realistic.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeef said:
I also wish there were some way for your teammates to know which perks you were using. It's only happened a handful of times, but I'll be playing a stealth class and trying to take out a sentry gun or a chopper gunner or some other killstreak reward and then get killed because my idiot teammates come to my side. It also sucks that people automatically respawn near you when you're trying to flank the enemy.
It'd be cool if a teammates' perks displayed on your HUD (in the same place they do on killcams and after you respawn) if you aimed at them or something. I guess that's what mics and communication is for, but you can't possibly be expected to remember that stuff when you and one of the four people with a gamertag containing "sniper" in the match are trying to flank someone, or approach a sentry-guarded area.

Im shocking with dual 1887's :lol I tried it out a few times and im just rubbish as I like to fire both shots at once. Taken them off now as I prefer dual pistols/ tactical knife.

Had a mental match of Hardcore Headquaters on Rust and ended up something like 82-50 managed to get a chopper gunner and must have spawnkilled their entire team 4 times :lol
Did have a javelin glitcher on the other team but his whole tactic was run at you and ofcourse when you shoot him you die so we just shot him from a distance or behind walls etc

Worst killstreak for FFA? Care packages.

Played my first FFA game ever last night on Wasteland. I was working on leveling up pistols, so I ran around with akimbo pistols the whole match (worst possible thing to do on that map). But I did manage to steal two care packages in about a 30 second timespan, each with a harrier. Two harriers floating around Wasteland on FFA absolutely wreck shop.

Unless you plan to use them as bait, don't call in care packages in FFA.
Or rather, go ahead...I'll just take 'em

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Patrick Roy said:
Way ahead of you :lol

I had asked my Moldovian co-worker what "10 inch stozna" means. It's something along the lines of "Be careful, danger ahead"

*The more you know.gif

Az

Patrick Roy said:

I had asked my Moldovian co-worker what "10 inch stozna" means. It's something along the lines of "Be careful, danger ahead"

Mind blown. Now I understand why they keep repeating it over and over.

Rawk Hawk

divisionbyzorro said:
Worst killstreak for FFA? Care packages.

Played my first FFA game ever last night on Wasteland. I was working on leveling up pistols, so I ran around with akimbo pistols the whole match (worst possible thing to do on that map). But I did manage to steal two care packages in about a 30 second timespan, each with a harrier. Two harriers floating around Wasteland on FFA absolutely wreck shop.

Unless you plan to use them as bait, don't call in care packages in FFA.
Or rather, go ahead...I'll just take 'em

They make awesome bait though. Best is when it's ammo or counter uav, they don't know so they come running like it's an AC130.

I normally keep care package on constantly. Same with UAV. The last one I jump around to different stuff, but I think UAV and Care Packages are great for the amount of kills needed to get them.

EmSeta

Patrick Roy said:

I still need to know what the hell "Dragovi" means. Been bugging me ever since CoD4 (it's in both games).

So I was thinking about this last night, specifically in contrast with certain other FPS games this generation and how they've built variety into their gametypes by having the objective switch up every so often. I was trying to figure out how MW2 could implement something like this, and came up with, for lack of a better name, "Epic Skirmish."

6 v 6. The game lasts 7 rounds; first team to 4 round victories wins.

The first round is an abbreviated Team Deathmatch - to 5000 instead of 7500. No ties allowed. If tied after the timer runs out, you play sudden death - next kill wins.

The remaining rounds are randomly chosen from:
a) Abbreviated HQ (first to 90 with a shortened timer)
b) Abbreviated Domination (first to 90 with a shortened timer)
c) Demolition Defense
d) Demolition Assault
e) Abbreviated Sabotage (shortened timer)
f) Abbreviated CTF (shortened timer)

In case of a tie after 7 seven rounds (HQ, Dom, CTF, and Sabotage could theoretically end in a round draw), another round of abbreviated TDM is played.

Nukes win rounds, not games (actually, this may be how they work in Demo, but I've never seen a nuke in Demo before).

I'd play this all the time. Games would last a long time (thus less time waiting in lobbies!) and there would be plenty of variety. It'd be like playing a much more ADD version of Mosh Pit.

BPK

I don't get the game until Christmas but I'm hoping that by then IW simply releases a path that reduces the power of the dual shotguns. It doesn't seem that hard to do...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
BPK said:
I don't get the game until Christmas but I'm hoping that by then IW simply releases a path that reduces the power of the dual shotguns. It doesn't seem that hard to do...

They don't need to reduce the power. They just need to reduce the damn range when going akimbo.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Don't think this has been posted yet. Someone got into the file details of the latest patch, finding that the perk 'Lightweight' has been nerfed...

What was originally a 10% speed boost, is now 7% post patch.

kuYuri

LeMaximilian said:
Don't think this has been posted yet. Someone got into the file details of the latest patch, finding that the perk 'Lightweight' has been nerfed...

What was originally a 10% speed boost, is now 7% post patch.

Somone beat you to it.

While we're on interpreting things, what does the "Bombi" phrase mean? or "Bambi"? I'm not sure.

Also, what does Oscar Mike stand for in the campaign? They say it all the time and I felt pretty dumb for not knowing.

Should be called Modern Campfest 2. I swear to God these people think they are birds. They perch themselves up on a ledge or glitch themselves on to a building and just wreck. MW1 wasn't this bad online. :/ That and those Jav assholes.

azureowl

=/ I've been having a problem with my MW2 on steam lately where it will freeze after about 2 seconds of trying to do anything from the main page and the only way I've gotten past it is when I open MW2 in safe mode (because I always have to end the task). anyone else having a problem for pc?

S t y l e z said:
Should be called Modern Campfest 2. I swear to God these people think they are birds. They perch themselves up on a ledge or glitch themselves on to a building and just wreck. MW1 wasn't this bad online. :/ That and those Jav assholes.

They're probably not glitching onto the building. The maps in this game are pretty insane...you can legitimately go places you'd think you shouldn't be able to. Highrise is notorious for this, but plenty of other maps have little hidden stairs or ladders that you won't notice unless you're looking.

RavenHawk

Major Williams said:
While we're on interpreting things, what does the "Bombi" phrase mean? or "Bambi"? I'm not sure.

Also, what does Oscar Mike stand for in the campaign? They say it all the time and I felt pretty dumb for not knowing.

Oscar Mike....On the Move (moving out)

NYR

Major Williams said:

Always assumed Oscar Mike meant the current area is clear/completed and it's time to move out.

Bambi was explained on the last page - means changing magazine (re-loading)...

divisionbyzorro said:
They're probably not glitching onto the building. The maps in this game are pretty insane...you can legitimately go places you'd think you shouldn't be able to. Highrise is notorious for this, but plenty of other maps have little hidden stairs or ladders that you won't notice unless you're looking.
This sniper was on top of a building on Highrise. How do you get up there? Or is it a glitch?

kilongs

careful said:
Bambi -> Bambi makzern -> "ba'abi makhzen" -> "changing magazine"
TheAzRim said:
Tsel' Unechtozhen" means "Target Destroyed"
Tango Suckut = suckut is arabic for "down" so Tango Down
Patrick Roy said:

Thanks fellas....still gonna say "Tango Sucka!" though.

turnbuckle

MarkMclovin said:
I'm struggling to get Cold Blooded Pro. Any game types that I can get this a bit quicker? I pretty much use it all the time in Hardcore matches but I only got 24 kill streak thing destroyed with it.

I had the best luck knocking them down in Free for All. Just equip a stinger and destroy everything in the air. If you don't care about win/loss or k/d ratios you'll get to Pro pretty quickly.

Any team or objective oriented games can slow progress on one-track goals. Almost anytime I'm trying to achieve a challenge that isn't team or objective based I seem to have the most luck and fun in FFA.

Ovid

divisionbyzorro said:
Yup, your absolutely right. I took a few hours to just explore all of the maps in their entirety and you'll be amazed at how many places you go legitimately without glitching.

You guys should do it. It made me a better player.

I'll give you one. Did you know that you can go on top of the ledge above the bar in Invasion?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9DNANKokx4

Skip to 45 seconds to see the area I'm talking about.

It's great spot to use your chopper gunner or stealth kill people in Domination at Flag B.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
the_zombie_luke said:
This sniper was on top of a building on Highrise. How do you get up there? Or is it a glitch?
If he was on top of one of the two tall, opposing buildings, yeah, I think that's a glitch. But there are legit ways of getting to many places on that map (there's videos detailing it on YouTube). I love killing people trying to get up to them though; all that work for nothing. :lol

Edit: Here's how to do it. Maybe it's not a glitch. I'm not sure if it makes sense that you can climb that thing like a ladder, though.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
vatstep said:
If he was on top of one of the two tall, opposing buildings, yeah, I think that's a glitch

it's not. You can get on it by jumping to the window washing thing that looks broken off to the side. You then run a long a ledge that goes the length of the building, onto another window washing thing and then up to the roof.

vatstep said:
If he was on top of one of the two tall, opposing buildings, yeah, I think that's a glitch. But there are legit ways of getting to many places on that map (there's videos detailing it on YouTube). I love killing people trying to get up to them though; all that work for nothing. :lol

Edit: Here's how to do it. Maybe it's not a glitch. I'm not sure if it makes sense that you can climb that thing like a ladder, though.
Well it is climbing scaffolding at least so at least it's not some guy flying up and clipping through. Thanks for the video.

kilongs

vatstep said:

Can't view cuz at work, but if it's the place I'm thinking of then I'm pretty sure that is legitimate. The entire path seems too convenient to not be. If you miss the initial jump then you kill yourself, so its a risk/reward thing.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
RubxQub said:
I just don't know how anyone at IW thought that people running around with a shotgun in each hand blasting people in one shot was a great addition to the game.

I didn't even need stopping power to make them amazing.

I was thinking that last night. During balancing, no one thought that the dual shotguns were a bad idea? I would even be fine with them only being used in from levels 1-20 or something for noobs to be given a chance, but in the hands of vets, it shifts the balance of the game too far.

I am enjoying the game, but I will be honest I am looking forward to Bad Company 2. I want to see how balanced it turns out.

Neverfade

Can someone MS paint me a fucking picture of how the "crosshairs" for the grenade launcher works. What the shit is that upside down X-mas tree. I've learned the ways via trial and error, but I'm always curious how the real deal works.

Edit: And about the Shotty bitching: 1887's need a range nerf and they'll be fine.

Neverfade said:
Can someone MS paint me a fucking picture of how the "crosshairs" for the grenade launcher works. What the shit is that upside down X-mas tree. I've learned the ways via trial and error, but I'm always curious how the real deal works.

As your target gets further away, you're suppose to use lower crosshairs (thus tilting your gun up and compensating for grenade drop)

IF you guys really want to learn glitches, spots, and other map tips, check out http://www.mapmonkeys.com/

They have a lot of videos detailing how to get to all these nifty spots, though sometimes you are glitching to do it. Most of them, though, just require great timing and precision. I sound like I'm advertising for them, but I swear I'm not. I learned a few spots off of their videos, and figured I'd share the wealth.

Neverfade

divisionbyzorro said:
As your target gets further away, you're suppose to use lower crosshairs (thus tilting your gun up and compensating for grenade drop)

That much I can deduce. How much distance is the next 'tick'? I'm looking for some quality science here.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
RJNavarrete said:
IF you guys really want to learn glitches, spots, and other map tips, check out http://www.mapmonkeys.com/

They have a lot of videos detailing how to get to all these nifty spots, though sometimes you are glitching to do it. Most of them, though, just require great timing and precision. I sound like I'm advertising for them, but I swear I'm not. I learned a few spots off of their videos, and figured I'd share the wealth.

You must be a member to view this video.

pass.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Rawk Hawk said:
They make awesome bait though. Best is when it's ammo or counter uav, they don't know so they come running like it's an AC130.

I normally keep care package on constantly. Same with UAV. The last one I jump around to different stuff, but I think UAV and Care Packages are great for the amount of kills needed to get them.

I love UAVs.

such a distraction for a cold blooded whore such as myself.

Top Bottom