• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Sielys

mYm|17| said:
ahhh somebody used javelin glitch (360) in a game i just played in.

I filed a complaint on that dude.

Really? They patched that earlier today, didn't they?

Anyhoo, found this interesting:

The Model 1887s used are chambered for more powerful 10-gauge shells, which explains the weapon's unusually long effective range. This is seen in the 10-gauge shell casings, which are blue, as opposed to 12-gauge shell casings, which are red.

So hey, maybe they're not unrealistically long ranged.

Mileena

Banned
360 matchmaking tonight is the worst I've seen it yet. I just spent 10 minutes trying to get in a game before I actually did and it was on Derail so I left anyway.

mYm|17|

Sielys said:
Really? They patched that earlier today, didn't they?

Don't think so. I didn't get an update when I loaded the game.

Anyhow, I got a few kills on the javelin glitcher without dying so :lol in his face

Sielys

mYm|17| said:
Don't think so. I didn't get an update when I loaded the game.

Anyhow, I got a few kills on the javelin glitcher without dying so :lol in his face

Hm. It's patched out of the PS3 as well with the carepackage glitch, I assumed it would be patched out of the 360 first if anything, since IW doesn't play on PSN. Oh well, good luck with those glitchers then.

SmokeMaxX

Lince said:
finally got my K/D ratio up to 1.0 :lol
I remember I was 3k / 8k at some point and then decided to ditch the shield and stop wandering around accomplishing objectives. No one cares in this fucking game, everyone just camp and camp and camp again trying to chain those 4 or 5 first kills together and start the carousel of killstreaks. It's incredible the places I've seen people hiding...

edit: specially high-level players, you won't ever see them running around leading the way for the objectives, they will always be around "guarding" them behind a rock, a wall, inside a bush, laying prone hiding in tall grass and so on. Big cojones indeed.

Whoa now, let's not stereotype high-level players. I'm 2nd level prestige and I ALWAYS go for the objective first (although I never rush in like an idiot just to get killed). I'll gladly go negative ten or twenty to help the team, but the problem is- going negative ten or twenty usually hurts the team a lot. Not only does our team now have to deal with 6 other players, they also have pred. missiles, harriers, chopper gunners, and ac-130s.

Sielys

Man, if all this 1887 whining keeps going on, IW's gonna turn them into
31SVkeyUh%2BL._SS500_.jpg

And then everyone will be sad.

EDIT: To be clearer, people whining ingame, not particularly this board. It seems everyone with a mic has something to say about the 1887's...

Mileena

Banned
Sielys said:
Man, if all this 1887 whining keeps going on, IW's gonna turn them into
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31SVkeyUh%2BL._SS500_.jpg[IMG]
And then everyone will be happy.[/QUOTE]
fixed

Mikey Jr.

Stallion Free said:
Do spec ops on vet... alone.

Spec ops was a great ride. But I have never been so frustrated with a game till I did spec ops on vet. Snatch and Grab and Wetwork gave me nightmares. I will never play it again unless its on easy.

Did Snatch with a friend and Wetwork by myself. The last breach on wetwork gets your heart beating like a mother fucker.

Sielys said:
Man, if all this 1887 whining keeps going on, IW's gonna turn them into (pic)
EDIT: To be clearer, people whining ingame, not particularly this board. It seems everyone with a mic has something to say about the 1887's...
I say put the dual shotties right into the default starting classes so everybody can use them right from the get-go.

Lets see how that would go.

GodofWine

Sielys said:
Anyhoo, found this interesting:

The Model 1887s used are chambered for more powerful 10-gauge shells, which explains the weapon's unusually long effective range. This is seen in the 10-gauge shell casings, which are blue, as opposed to 12-gauge shell casings, which are red.

So hey, maybe they're not unrealistically long ranged.

Yea, they are, the 1887 was made in 12 and later rechambered for 10 gauge, which it proved to weak to handle, and then they made the model 1901, a stronger version in 10ga only, leaving the weaker 1887 to be 12ga only.

And in this game, they can be reloaded by twirling them around your finger and blast people at insane range.

CloudV

fps fanatic said:
Ouch. Thanks for the replies.

Veteran isn't as hard as CoD4 due to a set number of enemies. On some stages you just have to switch from gung ho rushing to taking it extremely slow and clearing out areas. Sure you die a lot, but it's not that hard.

FourZeroTwo's latest 360 patch update:

@MidKnightReaper Haven't received any new ETA. Sorry. Still in certification.

How fucking long does it take Microsoft to certify a 15MB patch?

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
AnEternalEnigma said:

PFFFT its Christmas You know..the time for slacking!
Maybe it will show up by the 24th
J/King
won't everyone fucking lose their minds if its rejected for cert due to a bug in the patch..

Just learned of the amazingness of One Man Army. It's sooooooo fun to hold off an entire section of the map all by yourself. No stupid puns intended but this perk really does make me fell like an army of one. :D

J-Rzez

AnEternalEnigma said:

Man, usually it's MS getting out the patches quicker. This time Sony got it out faster, which is odd. They need that out fast. I dramatically curbed my playtime of the game due to these cheaters.

I hope the stop those pricks using the care package "cheat" too. Yeah, you can get them at a distance, but due to the map designs of MW2, there's not many solid opportunities to do such.

jiien

Church RvB said:
Just learned of the amazingness of One Man Army. It's sooooooo fun to hold off an entire section of the map all by yourself. No stupid puns intended but this perk really does make me fell like an army of one. :D

I prefer Scavenger, as OMA replaces your Secondary. : ( And with Scavenger Pro, you basically never run out of ammo.

Yeef

Irish Icon said:
I love this game but...

Wasteland is honestly the shittiest map ever put on a disc.

Campers Delight.
It's ridiculously easy to get kills on wasteland if you play a stealth sniper. I don't even bother with the actual rifle most of the time, but the ghillie suit makes getting the drop on people SO easy. It's ridiculous.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
F#A#Oo said:
Lightweight has been nerfed apparently...

it was originally 10% now it's been downgraded to 7% after patch 1.06...

As if lightweight wasn't pointless enough already...
Seriously? 10% seems incredibly small, and now it's 7?

Nelo Ice

Banned
RavenFox said:
So guys I've been at Commander lvl 70 for a while. Is there a good reason in MW2 to go Prestige?

if u want an extra class slot along with new titles emblems and challenges then prestiging is worth it

im a title/emblem whore so i thought prestiging was worth it...and i hate the regular lvl 70 rank emblem :lol
also the extra class slot is nice too :D

DuckRacer

RavenFox said:
So guys I've been at Commander lvl 70 for a while. Is there a good reason in MW2 to go Prestige?
You get an extra class slot and new challenges, badges and emblems. Other than that, no.

e:f,b

RavenFox said:

If this tickles your fancy:

-Extra class slots every other prestige.
-Prestige challenge section which dont reset (xp, titles and new emblems)
-Prestige gun challenges which dont reset(gets you XP, titles and emblems)
-Prestige titles and emblems

I always prestige because I like to challenge myself and keep on unlocking shit. Sticking at level 70 is so fucking boring.

RavenFox said:
Prestiging makes you a better player. It forces you to use weapons and perks you might have abandoned long ago, you get a better feel for the game and its mechanics. If you don't plan on playing this game for a while then don't worry about it, but if you're in it for the long run, it's worth it.

kevm3

I prefer playing the game with 'lower leveled folks' around my own level. Jumped in with a clan who are in different level of prestiges and the game started to feel awful. Grenade launcher spammers, 1887 users and glitchers everywhere. They also really need to fix the drop-outs from care packages. It's ridiculous when a team can get an AC30 and a Pavelow from care packages in the same match.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Was there a glitch on the PS3 version as recent as a couple days ago? We loaded up and within 2 minutes some guy already had a nuke. Nobody even had kills yet but somehow this guys readout said he already had 30 kills.

Then I got nuked. Friggin lame, mayne!

snack

Yo guys, I recently got a 360 and contemplating whether I should get MW2 on this console or not. I already have it on the PS3, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to have the game on both consoles.

Xevren

kevm3 said:
I prefer playing the game with 'lower leveled folks' around my own level. Jumped in with a clan who are in different level of prestiges and the game started to feel awful. Grenade launcher spammers, 1887 users and glitchers everywhere. They also really need to fix the drop-outs from care packages. It's ridiculous when a team can get an AC30 and a Pavelow from care packages in the same match.

You and me both. The primary reason I hate this game is that levels don't mean anything when it comes to getting paired up. I have no desire to play against people who have been living this game and on their 2nd or 3rd prestige when I'm only lvl 40 something. I just get assraped.

Nelo Ice

Banned
stump sock said:
Prestiging makes you a better player. It forces you to use weapons and perks you might have abandoned long ago, you get a better feel for the game and its mechanics. If you don't plan on playing this game for a while then don't worry about it, but if you're in it for the long run, it's worth it.

yeah but i went straight to lvling up my regular loadout immediately :lol

though im gonna try out some other class combinations but i already kno what perks are useless and ive gotten the emblem/title for everything i would use except for hardline and cold blooded

h4k said:
Yo guys, I recently got a 360 and contemplating whether I should get MW2 on this console or not. I already have it on the PS3, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to have the game on both consoles.
i'd say "no" unless you have friends on 360 you want to play with. afaik both versions are pretty comparable.

snack

stump sock said:
i'd say "no" unless you have friends on 360 you want to play with. afaik both versions are pretty comparable.

Funny thing is that I barely know anyone that has a 360. Maybe 4-5 at most. All my friends own a PS3.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Wanted to send link to friend but cna't find it and don't want to search all the way back in this thread but anyone have link to that video on Derail of that guys who is camping (or sniping whatever your preference is) and the guy comes behind him and sends him a message before knifing him? Thanks.

witness

Too many javelin glitchers on 360, shit is ridiculous. I fucking love this game but FFS get this patch out! I would switch to the ps3 version but all of my old college buddies only have a 360.

kitch9

Banned
h4k said:

I've got PC and PS3 version and its like having two different games.......As nerfed as the PC version is, its a joy to play with pinpoint accuracy in maps that aren't massively overcrowded fragfests like COD4 . (Please give us ded servers with low player counts IW!) I don't think 360 and PS3 would have the same effect though.

KaYotiX

Banned
Lionheart1827 said:
If this tickles your fancy:

-Extra class slots every other prestige.
-Prestige challenge section which dont reset (xp, titles and new emblems)
-Prestige gun challenges which dont reset(gets you XP, titles and emblems)
-Prestige titles and emblems

I always prestige because I like to challenge myself and keep on unlocking shit. Sticking at level 70 is so fucking boring.

Agree, im at Prestige 2 lvl 39. Im a sucker for leveling up and getting titles and emblems.

Top Bottom