• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

KaYotiX

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
the gold titles are so awesome and go great with my glowing nuke emblem :D

i got my gold famas emblem (replaced the moving nuke one) and now only 470 more headshots for my gold famas title LOL!!

Nelo Ice

Banned
KaYotiX said:
i got my gold famas emblem (replaced the moving nuke one) and now only 470 more headshots for my gold famas title LOL!!

im workin on getting the golden flash title and am eventually getting the golden scar title/emblems :lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Dedicating myself to get the rotating Gold Cross emblem from COD4. Requires 1000 kills with an AC-130. Currently 350/1000, :lol This's gonna take awhile...

So someone clarify me this:

If I go prestige, do I get to keep my challenge progress, for example if I am sitting at 200 headshots with FAL do I start from 200 or at 0 after I have gone prestige?

Nelo Ice

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:

If I go prestige, do I get to keep my challenge progress, for example if I am sitting at 200 headshots with FAL do I start from 200 or at 0 after I have gone prestige?

it resets

Minamu

PetriP-TNT said:

It'll reset but once you're on any prestige, it won't. The normal white challenges will always reset but the special green prestige challenges will always stay as they were before, so to speak.

Theres only a few prestige challenges that do reset again, its like the "knife vet, flash vet, stun vet" at the bottom of the prestige section. Those are really not that bad to get though. The other prestige challenges all carry over to next prestige forever.

Minamu

Lionheart1827 said:
Theres only a few prestige challenges that do reset again, its like the "knife vet, flash vet, stun vet" at the bottom of the prestige section. Those are really not that bad to get though. The other prestige challenges all carry over to next prestige forever.
I was under the impression that only challenges you have completed will reset. I'm lvl 3 now so I guess I can confirm soon enough.

Anyway, lol, I just played a 9vs9 Hardcore Search & Destroy match :O Quite hectic. This is the kind of glitch I like!

cameltoe

Minamu said:
I was under the impression that only challenges you have completed will reset. I'm lvl 3 now so I guess I can confirm soon enough.

Anyway, lol, I just played a 9vs9 Hardcore Search & Destroy match :O Quite hectic. This is the kind of glitch I like!

HOW? S&D shows up in ground war now?

EDIT: Ahhh it was a glitch........carry on!

ThirstyFly said:
Can anyone confirm this? I hope it's not true or we're going to be seeing a LOT of nukes soon :(

Cant confirm (highest i've seen is level 3 prestige) but I think it would be a nice reward for that much dedication, working on getting the golden famas symbol at the moment, only about 100 kills off it.

Az

Man how different it is when you play with a group you know. Game gets much more fun in a heartbeat(sensor).

Lince

Banned
so I'm sitting at level 70 of the first prestige... what will happen with my custom weapon colors if I decide to go prestige again?

Minamu

Lince said:
so I'm sitting at level 70 of the first prestige... what will happen with my custom weapon colors if I decide to go prestige again?
You mean your Blue Tiger etc? They disappear. Your total headshot stats for that particular gun doesn't go away though.

cameltoe said:
HOW? S&D shows up in ground war now?

EDIT: Ahhh it was a glitch........carry on!
I just assume it was a glitch. I didn't do anything but search for a normal game of HC S&D & it just showed up as usual. I believe it happened in cod4 as well. There has been no playlist patches recently besides HC HQ Pro.

Ok I was looking at my kills I have almost 13k and I only have 900 headshots.

Are you supposed to get headshots in this game or are they just pretty much chance? Is there a technique to get them more? Is my like 8% or whatever it is good or bad?

I pretty much never see a reason to go for their head since everyone dies so fast and gameplay is so fast you'll be dead before getting their head in focus.

This is like opposite of what I usually do because I'm so used to Halo where most of the shots will be BR headshots for the kills.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Full Recovery said:
:lol neener-neener neener!

So. My console gives off a green glow (and potentially red, too). The loud noise it makes is similar to Santa's workshop as all the elves busily craft Christmas toys for all the children in the world. Plus all the pretty ads on my dashboard for exciting products kindly remind me of all the gifts I can purchase for loved ones. It's the perfect Christmas console.

Does the PS3 do that? No.

Lince

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Does the PS3 do that? No.

at least you can install the game on the 360 HDD, the PS3 version is continually accessing the BD drive and the constant noise of the lens mechanism seeking data is not really the issue, it's the lens wear that I fear the most. Why not having an option to install the MP maps for the system which has a HDD by default? I really hope IW will take this into consideration for future patches.

Nelo Ice

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:

Are you supposed to get headshots in this game or are they just pretty much chance? Is there a technique to get them more? Is my like 8% or whatever it is good or bad?

I pretty much never see a reason to go for their head since everyone dies so fast and gameplay is so fast you'll be dead before getting their head in focus.

This is like opposite of what I usually do because I'm so used to Halo where most of the shots will be BR headshots for the kills.

its pretty damn hard to get headshots and it does seem like luck so thats why i just kill campers or ppl i sneak up with headshots since they dont move and i kill em at point blank range :lol

xxjuicesxx said:

Aim for the head?

Seep

So where's the bloke who said that the rewards for prestiging would actually be worth it.

Because I have a fist with his name on it.

Nelo Ice said:
its pretty damn hard to get headshots and it does seem like luck so thats why i just kill campers or ppl i sneak up with headshots since they dont move and i kill em at point blank range :lol

Yea I'd say most of mine are either
1. Hotspots I know people are going to be at like sniper spots, windows.
2. People lying down prone that I see before them, where I really only could hit their head
3. People I sneak up on and have time to aim the shot.

I ask because it seems like the challenges are unbalanced a bit and thought I may have been doing something wrong. Like I would get 1000 kills before even getting 100 headshots with the weapon and have the marksman challenges completely done before I'm even on the Expert III challenge. Seemed weird.

Biff

xxjuicesxx said:

If you're a sniper, it's bad. If not, then you're normal :)

Eric WK

xxjuicesxx said:

Yeah, everything you said is right. It does feel different if you've played a lot of Halo, but 7-10% is probably the norm.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Speaking of headshots, etc. Anyone else find that aiming for the knees is far more effective? Man, with my AUG I bust knee caps pretty good.

Also like to say thank god the javelin glitch is gone, I was playing terminal the other day and a guy was doing it, he had the riot shield on his back and was running backwards towards people then spinning round when he was next to them :(

Ganhyun

RSTEIN said:
Speaking of headshots, etc. Anyone else find that aiming for the knees is far more effective? Man, with my AUG I bust knee caps pretty good.

Yea, I've found knee cap shots really good to quickly take out an enemy :lol

would seem like sometimes that 2-3 shots in the gut and they would still be up, but 2 kneecap shots and they were down and out.*

*This is just based on my personal experience mind you.

kitch9

Banned
Soooo, after spending 10 hours on the PC version on-line I decided to go back to my PS3 version to build that side up.....

It's amazing how those 10 hours on the PC completely reversed any familiarity I had with the PS3 controls.......

I was a level 35 retard who just went 3-20 on a round of team deathmatch.....

I may trade PS3 version in I think. :lol

kitch9 said:
Soooo, after spending 10 hours on the PC version on-line I decided to go back to my PS3 version to build that side up.....

It's amazing how those 10 hours on the PC completely reversed any familiarity I had with the PS3 controls.......

I was a level 35 retard who just went 3-20 on a round of team deathmatch.....

I may trade PS3 version in I think. :lol
Personally, I just find Call of Duty very difficult to play on the PS3 controller. I played CoD4 and WaW on my PS3 and I was always struggling to have a k/d around 1. Now I'm playing MW2 on my 360 and my k/d is around 1.6, due mostly to what I feel is a more comfortable controller for me.

Just got Wargasm, Grim Reaper, (Both Barrels and Survivor) Did the last two on purpose, pretty much all together, It was a friggen explosion of challenge complete guitar riffs, killstreaks, experience, and promotion.

I have to change pants.:lol

EazyB

Banned
backflip10019 said:
Personally, I just find Call of Duty very difficult to play on the PS3 controller. I played CoD4 and WaW on my PS3 and I was always struggling to have a k/d around 1. Now I'm playing MW2 on my 360 and my k/d is around 1.6, due mostly to what I feel is a more comfortable controller for me.
I've played a number of PS3 online shooters with my 360 controller adapter and it's like playing on easy mode. I don't know if its the PS playerbase's relative inexperience with online shooters or if the 360 controller is giving me an advantage but it's markedly easier.

Ganhyun said:
Yea, I've found knee cap shots really good to quickly take out an enemy :lol

would seem like sometimes that 2-3 shots in the gut and they would still be up, but 2 kneecap shots and they were down and out.

I can imagine with the AUG, 'cause it's kicking up so much with every shot. I tend to aim for that center mass (sometimes lower) to begin with, and I'll get headshots sometimes as a result, I think because of recoil.

Ramirez

backflip10019 said:

The controller blows for FPS basically.

Ganhyun

DeuceMojo said:
I can imagine with the AUG, 'cause it's kicking up so much with every shot. I tend to aim for that center mass (sometimes lower) to begin with, and I'll get headshots sometimes as a result, I think because of recoil.

I don't use the AUG as much as alot of GAF does. I tend to stick to the m4, scar, and ump45.

kyo_daikun said:
Also like to say thank god the javelin glitch is gone, I was playing terminal the other day and a guy was doing it, he had the riot shield on his back and was running backwards towards people then spinning round when he was next to them :(
Truly how modern warfare is fought.

Eric WK

EazyB said:
I've played a number of PS3 online shooters with my 360 controller adapter and it's like playing on easy mode. I don't know if its the PS playerbase's relative inexperience with online shooters or if the 360 controller is giving me an advantage but it's markedly easier.

Hm. I could barely play the Bad Company 2 beta with the PS3 controller. Is there a specific adapter people buy?

careful

RSTEIN said:
I would estimate 50% of my kills are all knee cap shots. A solid 25% crotch shots.
Would say 90% of my headshots are definitely pure luck.

kilongs

So are headshots random, even when aiming at the head? Does weapon damage determine if a headshot is one shot or not?

I ask because I was able to get right up next to a sniper hiding in the cubicles in Highrise. I switched to my pistol just for the fun of it, aimed point blank at his head, and fired. No headshot.

winnarps

kilongs said:
So are headshots random, even when aiming at the head? Does weapon damage determine if a headshot is one shot or not?

I ask because I was able to get right up next to a sniper hiding in the cubicles in Highrise. I switched to my pistol just for the fun of it, aimed point blank at his head, and fired. No headshot.

Headshots are not random. Either you didn't hit him in the head directly or there was some lag that didn't have his position updated properly on your screen.

If you set up a local game 1v1, you can repeat headshots with ease (by aiming/firing at someone's head, obviously).

And eventually, your skill can progress to the point where you aim immediately to the upper body/head area and get headshots more often. There's some luck involved with lag, but I'm getting much better at headshots with the accurate ARs.

EazyB

Banned
Eric WK said:
Hm. I could barely play the Bad Company 2 beta with the PS3 controller. Is there a specific adapter people buy?
Not sure if there's a better one out there but I have an older version (mine doesn't have rumble) of this and it works great. Little pricey I guess but I justified it by thinking it as buying an additional PS3 controller. You need to use a wired 360 controller for it BTW.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I don't go out of my way to get headshots in this game like I did in the good 'ole CS days because it doesn't really seem to be affecting my ability to kill or survive.

2-3 body shots with an automatic AR = dead. 3-4 body shots with a fast shooting SMG = dead.

Also when you're shooting someone they have a much harder time aiming, so pretty much once you start putting lead on a guy first, way more often then not he's going to drop without much of a fight.

Played groundwar last night for a few hours. About half that time we ran into cheaters/glitchers. COD4 held my interest for a year and a half. This game is getting old just a month later.

Running with the care package marker is HILARIOUS. :lol I normally HATE Karachi, but it's sweet to run at super f'ing speed and stab mf'ers IN THE FRONT before they see you. Also really really helps having Lightweight PRO on with the quick-aim-while-running. I had so much fun with it I forgot to throw the marker.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
DeuceMojo said:
Running with the care package marker is HILARIOUS. :lol I normally HATE Karachi, but it's sweet to run at super f'ing speed and stab mf'ers IN THE FRONT before they see you. Also really really helps having Lightweight PRO on with the quick-aim-while-running. I had so much fun with it I forgot to throw the marker.
Hmm...

XBL Gamertag:
DeuceMojo

...to file complaint or not to file complaint... :D

Top Bottom