• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

whitehawk

Banned
RJNavarrete said:
IF you guys really want to learn glitches, spots, and other map tips, check out http://www.mapmonkeys.com/

They have a lot of videos detailing how to get to all these nifty spots, though sometimes you are glitching to do it. Most of them, though, just require great timing and precision. I sound like I'm advertising for them, but I swear I'm not. I learned a few spots off of their videos, and figured I'd share the wealth.
holy shit, thank you for this site.

Damn.

So I'm playing Rundown and get killed, no problem right? Suddenly I respawn in the same exact spot and get grenaded the second I enter the arena. I repawn again in the same spot and get a harrier airstrike on right on my head. It does this another two times, only I get stun grenaded instantly and killed shortly after.

I'm taking a break from this game. Sometimes it's not worth the frustration.

R.I.P. Controller. You were the good one.

noire said:
Grenadine. It's shouted when the Op Fors are thinking of a Jermaine Dupri song.
Now when I'm not even vaguely interested in Googling a reference, you know it's obscure.

But yeah, they're pretty much outraged over the fact that 147 has blatantly served them Shirley Temples without any grenadine.

I'd be pissed off too.

Insaniac

Major Williams said:
While we're on interpreting things, what does the "Bombi" phrase mean? or "Bambi"? I'm not sure.

Also, what does Oscar Mike stand for in the campaign? They say it all the time and I felt pretty dumb for not knowing.

Oscar Mike means On the Move (O.M.)

jiien

Of the two buildings on Highrise, one seems much more legit than the other, but both are definitely made to be climbed. On the one that requires you to leap to the nearly veritcal broken platform, you just have to jump and aim for the railing. As soon as you are in the air, DON'T PUSH A DIRECTION. You push a direction as if to move on it, and you'll just push past it, and fall.

Anyway, both climbs are extremely risky, and IMO, not worth that risk. It takes quite a bit of climbing to get up them, and you're completely exposed while you do. You get great sniping spots in return, but as soon as you kill anyone, a good player will hunt you down, and fast. And there really isn't all that much cover on either of them.

jiien said:
Of the two buildings on Highrise, one seems much more legit than the other, but both are definitely made to be climbed. On the one that requires you to leap to the nearly veritcal broken platform, you just have to jump and aim for the railing. As soon as you are in the air, DON'T PUSH A DIRECTION. You push a direction as if to move on it, and you'll just push past it, and fall.

Anyway, both climbs are extremely risky, and IMO, not worth that risk. It takes quite a bit of climbing to get up them, and you're completely exposed while you do. You get great sniping spots in return, but as soon as you kill anyone, a good player will hunt you down, and fast. And there really isn't all that much cover on either of them.

But if you have a TI and can make it up there, you can usually do pretty well.

Kibbles

Microsoft bans people for using it, yet when the developer introduces a fix it takes them a yer and a half to certify it. Fuck certification.

I'll remember to buy Modern Warfare 3 on PS3.

kilongs

Wait, you can get to the top of the both buildings in Highrise? I know how to get to the one with all the teddy bears, but how do you get to the top of the other. The highest I can get to is the inside ledge behind the scaffold and windows.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
noire said:
The first time I saw a sniper on the rooftop, he was wrecking our team. I can't believe that so many people refuse to switch classes. As soon as he killed me, I switched over to my sniper loadout and took him out right away. He never went back up there.

In this case, I think it has to do with stubborness and an aversion to snipers. I know I've got it, anyway. :lol

When I get sniped, I'm determined to take out the fucker using my current loadout (my favorite) and taking him without a sniper rifle. But that's just a personal vendetta I carry.

jiien

kilongs said:
Wait, you can get to the top of the both buildings in Highrise? I know how to get to the one with all the teddy bears, but how do you get to the top of the other. The highest I can get to is the inside ledge behind the scaffold and windows.

Sorry, that's what I meant for that building. Didn't mean to mislead.

Rawk Hawk

Sol.. said:
I love UAVs.

such a distraction for a cold blooded whore such as myself.

If you have Cold Blooded on, not normally someone I'm worried about. It's the double shotguners and knifers who all have lightweight on that I love to find.

Although interestingly enough, played a 4 v 4 3rd personal team tactical yesterday. Called in UAV and not a single one showed up on it, must have all had Cold Blooded, yet killed one guy twice as he tried to shoot down the UAV...

Rawk Hawk said:
/nod.

I do like how the reloading animation for the 1887's is ripped straight from the movie. :lol

As if in 1887 that's how they reloaded this gun.

Even better is how anyone who's running with them looks like T-1000 chasing after the car.

Rawk Hawk

_Alkaline_ said:
Even better is how anyone who's running with them looks like T-1000 chasing after the car.

The question I have is, who saw this animation and assumed it looked correct? I can just see the guy in the board room now, "You guys are going to love the animation I worked up." "Is that really possible?" "No yea, I run around with shotguns like that all the time. That's definately realistic."

Genius! Not as good as the Hot Pocket slogan you came up with last week, but genius! (/Jim Gaffigan impersonation.)

Nizz

Beat the game on Hardened a couple of days ago and I was pretty surprised it was a "pleasant" experience. :lol

Thinking about doing Veteran. Hope it's still not bionic enemies with super sharp vision, grenade rain, etc. How bad is it on Veteran in MW2?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
fps fanatic said:
Beat the game on Hardened a couple of days ago and I was pretty surprised it was a "pleasant" experience. :lol

Thinking about doing Veteran. Hope it's still not bionic enemies with super sharp vision, grenade rain, etc. How bad is it on Veteran in MW2?

It isn't fun since the AI is still cheap autoaim bullshitters, but it's waaaaaaay easier than the other games due to the reduced spawns. Favela was pretty terrible though.

fps fanatic said:

I would rather punch myself in the nuts until they turn into ground beef, then play MW2 on vet again.

Nizz

Papercuts said:
It isn't fun since the AI is still cheap autoaim bullshitters, but it's waaaaaaay easier than the other games due to the reduced spawns. Favela was pretty terrible though.

practice02 said:
I would rather punch myself in the nuts until they turn into ground beef, then play MW2 on vet again.
Ouch. Thanks for the replies.

jiien

user_nat said:
Heh, always wondered what that was.

Seems like a pointless expression though.

I'm just guessing, since I'm not a military man or anything, but maybe the hard 'k' sounds make it more easily distinguishable in a loud environment? No idea.

Mileena

Banned
I don't know if you guys have played hardcore SD but it's basically the same shit as CoD4 with the noob tube spamming. I swear half of my SD deaths are from the first 5 seconds of the round by a noob tube. I still don't know the spots on all the maps so I still get killed by them :(

corkscrewblow said:
I don't know if you guys have played hardcore SD but it's basically the same shit as CoD4 with the noob tube spamming. I swear half of my SD deaths are from the first 5 seconds of the round by a noob tube. I still don't know the spots on all the maps so I still get killed by them :(
I allways used to wait and count to 10 before I ran off as it was noobtube or a cooked grenade that would kill me

kuYuri

corkscrewblow said:

Once again, IW should have taken a page from Treyarch to fix this.

VALKYRAY

Banned
model 1887 is such a bullshit, it kills from miles away, one hit death. it's as broken as the javalin glitch. iw needs to fix that shit asap.

Kibbles said:
Microsoft bans people for using it, yet when the developer introduces a fix it takes them a yer and a half to certify it. Fuck certification.

I'll remember to buy Modern Warfare 3 on PS3.

Oh, the PS3 patch is finally out?

VALKYRAY

Banned
aparently my fn fal can't beat 1887 from distance. an assault rifle can't beat a shotgun from distance. perhaps we shall call modern warfare a future warfare, battles in outerspace, in a vacuum, physics on earth can not be applied to the ballistics.

I stopped playing for awhile when I hit about 35 to work on some other games.

Upon my return everyone is glitching rockets and two-handing 1887s.

I thought I was supposed to be having fun in this game. Ugh. Guess they are, at least.

Scarecrow

Whenever I come accross a down but not out team mate, I attempt to defend him. Is there any way to bring him back to to his feet or am I wasting my time.

Lince

Banned
finally got my K/D ratio up to 1.0 :lol
I remember I was 3k / 8k at some point and then decided to ditch the shield and stop wandering around accomplishing objectives. No one cares in this fucking game, everyone just camp and camp and camp again trying to chain those 4 or 5 first kills together and start the carousel of killstreaks. It's incredible the places I've seen people hiding...

edit: specially high-level players, you won't ever see them running around leading the way for the objectives, they will always be around "guarding" them behind a rock, a wall, inside a bush, laying prone hiding in tall grass and so on. Big cojones indeed.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i have a K/D ratio of like 1.4 You can still do objective stuff and keep your ratio high. Just be careful

Lince

Banned
I know, I still go for the objectives, but now in domination for instance I only try to capture zones only when it's safe and tend to "guard" (camp) them for a bit before moving for the next one.

whitehawk

Banned
VALKYRAY said:
aparently my fn fal can't beat 1887 from distance. an assault rifle can't beat a shotgun from distance. perhaps we shall call modern warfare a future warfare, battles in outerspace, in a vacuum, physics on earth can not be applied to the ballistics.
Yup, they really need to nerf the 1887s.

Mad Max

Scarecrow said:
Whenever I come accross a down but not out team mate, I attempt to defend him. Is there any way to bring him back to to his feet or am I wasting my time.

Depends, if they are in final stand (main weapon) they can get back up after a minute or so. But when they are using last stand (pistol) they will just die after a while.

fps fanatic said:

MW2 veteran is almost no challenge, I was actually disappointed. If you want a real challenge after you finish the campaign on vet, do spec ops on vet.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Lince said:
finally got my K/D ratio up to 1.0 :lol
I remember I was 3k / 8k at some point and then decided to ditch the shield and stop wandering around accomplishing objectives. No one cares in this fucking game, everyone just camp and camp and camp again trying to chain those 4 or 5 first kills together and start the carousel of killstreaks. It's incredible the places I've seen people hiding...

edit: specially high-level players, you won't ever see them running around leading the way for the objectives, they will always be around "guarding" them behind a rock, a wall, inside a bush, laying prone hiding in tall grass and so on. Big cojones indeed.
<3

You are a man after my own heart Lince.

Been giving the akimbo rangers some time and they're not bad at all. Pretty much the 1887 without the insane range. In fact I reckon the rangers are better up close than the 1887. I ran into a room with 3 enemies close to each other - one shot and all three died. Triple kill. Even better was that it was the winning kill of the game. :D

Minamu

lol @ nerfing Lighweight... Oh well, I'm just 14 miles away from the lvl 6 challenge :D Feel sorry for anyone who would need to max it later :( If anything, they should've nerfed the 250 mile requirement... More than twice as long as Marathon is fubar, to continue the trend of using military slang.

Top Bottom